Manager finalists each make their case

There are 3 comments on the Nov 13, 2009, Lowell Sun story titled Manager finalists each make their case. In it, Lowell Sun reports that:

In their first chance to publicly question the two finalists for the town's top job, selectmen last night peppered the two men about budget methodologies, economic development, union negotiations and even an emergency scenario complete with a derailed train and leaking chemicals.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Lowell Sun.

New Beginning

AOL

#1 Nov 13, 2009
I hope the new Town Manager gets the $5k-$10k back from the Police Department that was wasted with the creation of the Chief's Assesment Center. Seems like upper mangement collusion prevented all but one candidate from interviewing. I remember when Selectwoman Stronach argued for outside candidates to be allowed to interviewed so that Tewksbury could get the best candidate. WOW, was she ever right! The Police Department needs to reimburse the Town for the money wasted or allow for outside candidates to interview. If I was one of the four Selectmen that voted for this process...I would be trying very hard to get the egg off of my face.
Hurry Up Wait

Tewksbury, MA

#2 Nov 13, 2009
Nice to see the BOS went to the O'Bama decision making school.

Taking three weeks to make a decision on a Town Manager is rediculous.

There are two candidates, that went thru a Screening Committee. If you need more information get on the phone and get it.

The town needs a manager now!!
Tewksbury Payor

Ottawa, Canada

#3 Nov 13, 2009
This Town manager should never be hired, Mr Maylor, who has no problem preserving rainy day funding, he should be ashamed, although this is the easy route to convey others money.
This is OUR money, and should be used and not squirrelled away for later. As well, to do and ask for forgiveness later is a dictator, and should be NO part of Tewksbury.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Marshfield Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Review: Sandcastle Homes (Aug '13) Apr 23 Dontusethiscompany 36
House exchange summer 2013 for Ireland (Jan '13) Apr 14 swilson 2
News Legislator leads push to make domestic violence... Apr 6 Jim Baron 1
Unknown (Aug '11) Mar 28 Jim Baron 41
News Blizzard-stricken East digs out amid forecast 2... Mar '15 geneliadsouza07 16
News Policymakers key on preparation for climate change Mar '15 SpaceBlues 1
inappropriate sex Mar '15 Andythebad 2
More from around the web

Marshfield People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]