Backtalk: 10/7/2008

There are 6 comments on the Lowell Sun story from Oct 7, 2008, titled Backtalk: 10/7/2008. In it, Lowell Sun reports that:

When it came to grass, Manny Francis seemed supernatural. "I heard he would put grass in his mouth to taste it for acidity," says Gene Manley, the pro at Long Meadow and a local golf historian.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Lowell Sun.

Since: Oct 08

Dracut, MA

#2 Oct 7, 2008
SLIP SLIDING AWAY

API 10-6-08 OBAMA INCREASES LEAD
A new national poll suggests Barack Obama is widening his lead over John McCain in the race for the White House.

The Opinion Research Corporation poll out Monday afternoon suggests that the country's financial crisis, record low approval ratings for President Bush and a drop in the public's perception of McCain's running mate, Sarah Palin, are contributing to Obama's gains.

Fifty-three percent of likely voters questioned in the poll say they are backing Obama for president, with 45 percent supporting McCain.

The financial crisis also appears to be contributing to Obama's increased lead in the poll. Sixty-eight percent are confident in the Democratic presidential nominee's ability to handle the financial crisis, 18 points ahead of McCain, and 42 points ahead of Bush.

A majority of Americans now believe that Sarah Palin would be unqualified to serve as president if it became necessary, and her unfavorable rating has doubled,"
New Low for Barney

United States

#3 Oct 7, 2008
Poor Barney Frank. Now he's playing the race card. It might be worth the 700 billion just to see him get defeated in the next election.
New Low for Barney

United States

#4 Oct 7, 2008
Poor Barney Frank. Now he's playing the race card. It might be worth the 700 billion just to see him get defeated in the next election.
Dracut

AOL

#5 Oct 7, 2008
Republicans have caused the problems that we are now facing. Listening to all the proganda that they are feeding us now they are trying to make the Democrats who just took over in 2007 as the fall guys.
Wake up America and do not fall for this nonsense. God gave us all a brain so let's use it. We have two more weeks before the election so listen to more news stations other than Fox and CNN they are ruining this country.
How do you think we have gotten into this mess for the past 8 years with all the push for one party and now our country is suffering. Listen to PBS once in awhile and get more informed then vote intelligenly and get this country moving forward again.
Barney SucksThe Salami

Randolph, MA

#6 Oct 7, 2008
H Mo

Since: Oct 08

Dracut, MA

#7 Oct 7, 2008
Mccain looked tired and worn out. good try , but no cigar. sorry , after that lacklusted performance, the guy looked out of touch and disoriented, something missing. think it's his agr e , 72, going on 73, which will onlymget worse.

Sorry, I'm going with Obama and Biden.Not to mention the space shot McCain picked, Unreal. i'm 63, caucasian, suburban, Independent. Need to think of my country at this point.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Marshfield Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Leverett Bezanson's murder (Jan '06) Sun Teddydoherty 18
Camp Indian Head (Jul '06) Apr 29 Anonymous 31
student loans Apr 17 PAID MY FAIR SHARE 1
Review: Sandcastle Homes (Aug '13) Apr 10 neegan 42
Need info - murder in the water station mid 80's (Jul '09) Mar '16 Dyerschool 55
Ratata Mar '16 ratata 1
Please Sell South Shore Forum (Apr '13) Nov '15 Dr Alan Stanier 60
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Marshfield Mortgages