kitty

AOL

#1 May 11, 2008
its sad for the people who know and trust judge livingstone that all this chaos is going on. i've known mr. livingstone when he was a lawyer, before he became a judge and i am shocked and dismayed at what i am reading!! i just can't believe what is allegedly is going on!! this is a good man, a kind, caring man who may have made a mistake but by no means should be forced to retire as a judge. this is a judge worth saving and regardless of all the negative accusations about the judge, i will never believe any of this garbage, its a case of jealousy and disrespect for the law where the defendants are concerned and trying to get out of paying what they owe, etc. i wish the judge the best in whatever he chooses to do in the future, but i refuse to see this judge as an unfair judge or anything less then a good person, good man and an outstanding lawyer!! to the rest of you.....sour-grapes!!
Janes Friend

Marshfield, MA

#2 May 12, 2008
Kitty, Judge Livingstone is not alone in disregarding the rights and best interests of our children.
He is just as vulnerable as any typical person - that's perhaps one downfall as a Justice. The misconduct charges he faced were base on just one of many, many complaints. He skillfully avoided attention being brought to those many complaints by resiging. Perhaps partly in hopes that nice, people like you would still belivei in him, and in the justice system.
Judge Livingstone is prone to political maneuverings, the atty vs atty family bond (loves the drama created when a character bashing atty assaults a more passive parent looking to provide for their children - you can see it in his face) and loses sight of the law as it is written and intended to be applied for the best interest of our children - which is in the best interest of every community.
You may have trouble believing what you are reading, because in the past, you never would have had access to the realities families work through daily in our courts. You would never have known such disregard for our laws, our families, our children and communities exists amongst the very attorney's and Justices who are paid to uphold the laws.
You have access to information today because the internet allows us to communicate openly. The internet allows us to begin to pull back the veil of silence.
The press wouldn't even cover the Judge Murphy extortion letters, so family issues are certainly easier to ignore as long as society chooses to ignore them.
Following is the most recent posting from Jane Smith. If you'd like to educate yourself further see:
http://Seekingjustice4MAfamiliesandchildren.b...
Posting:
Judge Livingstone is done, but the real work for many is just begun.
By resigning, he avoided the public hearing which certainly would have generated press, and public awareness of the injustices occurring daily in our family courts. The charges that will be cited as the sole basis for his resignation are but the tip of the iceberg.
Those who have been mistreated in his court, the children who's rights that have been violated now have the difficult, maybe impossible task, of trying to find counsel that will assist them in reviewing their cases/circumstance again.
Many have been financially ruined as a result of Judge Livingstone's decisions. These families are not able to find Counsel as Counsel's primary objective is to be sure a client can pay before taking the client.
Unfortunately too many of his rulings will stand.
Jane Smith Org. seeks to raise funds to assist these families. We are not a formal 501c3 non-profit, but we are trying. If you can volunteer pro-bono counsel, or sponsor a families cost of retrieving transcripts... please contact us at [email protected]
Janes agenda

Stoughton, MA

#3 May 19, 2008
Oh big shock!
Judge Livingstone was an excellent Family Court Judge - he was fair and balanced and took no excuses from poor parents.
Those he has sent to jail for deliberately turning thier noses up at court ordered support payments have only themselves to thank for their predicament.
I'll be contacting you with regard to exactly what you and your organization do to parents that willfully, deliberately, and extremely selfishly hurt thier children, because they can't handle the loss of control of their former spouse.
This includes, but is not limited to, KNOWINGLY allowing their own children to be sexually assaulted by thier SO's children, refusing to take visitation, refusing to take visitation with certain children, yet taking thier siblings.
What does your organization have to say about THAT?
Jane?
Judge Livingstone merely called these poor parents on their behavior, and issued sanctions for refusing to honor thier responsibilities.
Jane Smith Org

Bennington, VT

#4 May 20, 2008
2 part reply to May 19 assertions about JSO and Judge Livingstone
PART 1
One of JSO’s goals is to create public awareness about our family courts. Too often attorneys and judges get lost in the battle and totally ignore the rights, needs and best interest of our children ultimately impacting every community. Most of us don’t know complaints can be filed against both attorneys and Judges – JSO hopes to change that lack of knowledge by opening the doors of communication, utilizing the internet to allow public discussion of the issues facing all of us as a result of decisions made in family court.
Judge Livingstone was the most complained about, the most appealed Justice on the bench AND he was facing a public hearing due to misconduct charges related to his ethics and business dealings.
JSO in no way supports anyone who ever abuses a child physically, emotionally, psychologically or by what some may think is simple bullying. JSO does not support violence or abuse of any kind – not even the commonly tolerated in home kind you know, that means no spanking, pinching, hitting, slapping, beating, punching, no name calling, insulting, malicious pranks or bullying…
JSO will not support anyone who does not live up to the terms of their agreement especially since everyone has the option of at least trying to get a modification heard.
I hope you aren’t suggesting Judge Livingstone was biased against “poor” people?
You may be interested to learn that the worst offenders are not necessarily “poor”. They have money to hire skilled attorneys, or sit back and force their ex into financial trouble by going pro-se and stone walling. These usually upper middle income and informed work the system to the point where the other parent loses everything – too often their children too.
Most complaints about this court, related to income, have more to do with small business owners. One said that the Judge told him “all small business people hide money.” Ouch! If you read the charges against the Judge you will find his small business money woes were in fact his most public challenge. Some speculate that his own business dealings are why he had such bias against small business owners. Who really knows? Only Judge Livingstone knows whether or not he actually held bias towards other small business people. Continued….
Jane Smith Org

Bennington, VT

#5 May 20, 2008
2 part reply to May 19 assertions about JSO and Judge Livingstone

PART 2
You may be surprised to learn that JSO is about communication. We don’t do anything TO anyone. We afford everyone the opportunity to share experiences, ideas and knowledge so that we can all be better able to help ourselves, be sure our children are provided for and protected according to the law. Less likely to lose our assets to those attorneys who’s existence is based on the fact that they can bill us whether or not they actually accomplish anything for us or our children. Attorneys have no incentive to “win” for us or our children. So, we have to find ways to motivate them. Knowledge, helps. Knowledge that the public is talking, and is talking publicly will help. If attorneys are held accountable for not presenting evidence, for making deals on the side with the other attorney, for promising to coach you before your day in court and that never happening… Some accountability will help. Their clients can complain to the BBO. Attorneys are smart. They will shape up on their own. We don’t need to do anything except keep the communication lines open – and try to keep it sane.

Angry threats and attempts at intimidation don’t help anybody – especially the ones throwing off steam.

Judge Livingstone had a lot of things to consider when he made his decision to resign. The fact that the internet dialogue was not likely to stop may or may not have had anything to do with his ultimate decision. Judge Livingstone’s decisions in and out of court have been his own.

I hope you will take some time for yourself to make some good decisions for you and your children. If your agreement needs modification, and you are “poor” you can get free or reduced fee representation. Begin by checking in with the court house – they have a free attorney for the day almost every day. If you are not “poor” you’ll have to become better informed on how to file for yourself (going pro-se). We can refer you to websites, tell you what others have shared with us, but you still have to do the work and make the decisions. Let us know if we can help, we’ll try.
Jane Smith Org

Bennington, VT

#6 May 28, 2008
biasatthebench
Raynham Center, MA
13 hrs ago

There is an Open Dialogue on Court Practices being held Thursday, May 29th 4:30 - 6:30 at Brockton Probate and Family Court. It's mission is to make change and in order to do that the Chief Registrar is holding this forum.

ALL are welcome to attend PLEASE EMAIL [email protected] for more information or visit the Courthouse and view the posting on all bulletin boards in the major hallways.

NOW IS THE TIME FOR YOUR VOICE TO BE HEARD no matter who your Judge is or what problems you have faced in this Courthouse.

I encourage your attendance. "Love should not hurt"

Jane Smith Org
Scituate, MA
1 min ago

THANK YOU for posting this important event!! We have individually emailed everyone on our list in hopes that participation will be increased.

I will cut and paste your post to other towns too.

Thanks again.
- Jane
1ofmany

Andover, MA

#7 Feb 4, 2009
During my divorce I had the misfortune of having to go before Livingstone once. Just once! And it was AWFUL! He brought nothing but arrogance to the bench. It took some time for my son and I to repair the relationship that Livingstone seemed bent on destroying, and I would love to know why. There was nothing judicial about this robed phony. Anyone in the courthouse "family" who supports him is as blind to justice as he is. he deserves worse!
i agree

Medford, MA

#8 Aug 1, 2009
In our experience, Judge L did not care about the people who came before his bench seeking the truth only to be subjected to his arrogance. During one of many of our court appearances on a "contesting a will and an attorney who blatently stole our inheritence". There was one particular day, Judge L didn't realize his microphone was on and I overheard him say to his female secretary/clerk, "there's alot cases today......let's just push them through". I was shocked and the final outcome of our case proves he didn't care that the attorney took my inheritence. I kept fighting to prove what the truth was and in the end, it was proven the attorney "overcharged" the estate and was made to return some of the money he took....but not enough. UPDATE: Send complaint into CJC on Judge L and a staff attorney wrote back that he didn't find in our submission where Judge L was wrong but even if they did, we would need to hire another attorney and take it up with the appellate court. Again, Judge L is given a free ride. I hope someone out there receives the justice they deserve because of this Judge's bad judgement.
ishouldknow

Duxbury, MA

#9 Apr 25, 2010
kitty wrote:
its sad for the people who know and trust judge livingstone that all this chaos is going on. i've known mr. livingstone when he was a lawyer, before he became a judge and i am shocked and dismayed at what i am reading!! i just can't believe what is allegedly is going on!! this is a good man, a kind, caring man who may have made a mistake but by no means should be forced to retire as a judge. this is a judge worth saving and regardless of all the negative accusations about the judge, i will never believe any of this garbage, its a case of jealousy and disrespect for the law where the defendants are concerned and trying to get out of paying what they owe, etc. i wish the judge the best in whatever he chooses to do in the future, but i refuse to see this judge as an unfair judge or anything less then a good person, good man and an outstanding lawyer!! to the rest of you.....sour-grapes!!
He's not the man you think he is

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Marshfield Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
married man whos is hornier and more perverted ... (Nov '14) Jan 18 SS guy 4
Camp Indian Head (Jul '06) Jan 16 GeoffGreen 33
Hevea natural parquet tiles (Jul '16) Jul '16 Miryam2016 1
Review: Sandcastle Homes (Aug '13) Apr '16 neegan 42
Ratata (Mar '16) Mar '16 ratata 1
Please Sell South Shore Forum (Apr '13) Nov '15 Dr Alan Stanier 60
House exchange summer 2013 for Ireland (Jan '13) Apr '15 swilson 2

Marshfield Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance