Vesper losing its 'Velvet' touch

Vesper losing its 'Velvet' touch

There are 25 comments on the Lowell Sun story from Oct 7, 2008, titled Vesper losing its 'Velvet' touch. In it, Lowell Sun reports that:

When it came to grass, Manny Francis seemed supernatural. "I heard he would put grass in his mouth to taste it for acidity," says Gene Manley, the pro at Long Meadow and a local golf historian.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Lowell Sun.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
slicwily

Pepperell, MA

#21 Dec 10, 2008
billy billy billy

Since: Oct 08

Montgomery, AL

#22 Dec 10, 2008
It's time for the old Billy Baroo...ohh Billy, Billy, Billy...
MA super

Dracut, MA

#23 May 28, 2009
The super at Vesper is a prick. But he knows plenty about growing grass. Perhaps his predecessors who planted all those trees and top dressed the greens with sawdust are the ones who don’t know anything about growing grass.
Vesper Blue

Princeton, MA

#24 May 28, 2009
And so are most of the members. Spare me the jealous speech (I'm a member). There is no excuse for the way some of these people treat others.
Justin salem NH

Amherst, MA

#25 Sep 30, 2009
who="golf superintendent NH"]none of you know what the hell you are talking about. Manny francis is one of the greatest superintendent new england will ever see.He made a beautiful grass of velvet and there is no need to get rid of it. The superintendent at vesper now is a arrigaint prick!, he doesnt have a clue about velvet grass or any type of grass at that matter] Hey you are 100% right morris is a absolute prick he has lost the name/ history that manny and Bert had for sooo many years. Bert never had this severe of a problem with his velvet. Morris just doesnt have a clue!!!]

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Marshfield Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
student loans May '16 May772 2
Leverett Bezanson's murder (Jan '06) May '16 Teddydoherty 18
Camp Indian Head (Jul '06) Apr '16 Anonymous 31
Review: Sandcastle Homes (Aug '13) Apr '16 neegan 42
Need info - murder in the water station mid 80's (Jul '09) Mar '16 Dyerschool 55
Ratata Mar '16 ratata 1
Please Sell South Shore Forum (Apr '13) Nov '15 Dr Alan Stanier 60
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Marshfield Mortgages