As overdoses rise and help dwindles, ...

As overdoses rise and help dwindles, a cry for action

There are 2 comments on the The Boston Globe story from Mar 5, 2006, titled As overdoses rise and help dwindles, a cry for action. In it, The Boston Globe reports that:

From Nancy Reagan's simple ''Just Say No" campaign to the billions spent each year trying to stop traffickers and producers, Americans have long waged war against illegal drugs, most with the conviction that it ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Boston Globe.

Frustrated Mom

San Diego, CA

#1 Mar 14, 2006
I'm not surprised overdoses are rising. My son came to me a year ago for help with his drug adiction but without insurance he couldn't get the help he needed. We even played the game call 911 say he's suicidal and we finally got him into a facility but he was discharged 4 days later with more drugs. I don't understand why in this state we will pay millions of tax payers dollars for methadone clinics to keep people addicted to drugs but just try to get off them! My son is now in jail because of drugs which I'm sure isn't cheap for taxpayers either but at least he's getting help there.
concerned

United States

#2 Apr 2, 2006
i say lets get the drugs off the streets, why can't the police get the dealers or the enablers;

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Marshfield Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Need info - murder in the water station mid 80's (Jul '09) Sun Awesome 63
Have to Imagine the Hate Crimes Continued today... Jan 19 Perfect Circle Th... 3
Election Who do you support for U.S. House in Massachuse... (Oct '10) Jan 9 Raydot 13
Deny 82 Year Old Mother Medical Attention Dec 29 Perfect Circle 4
News Snowy owls listed as vulnerable as climate thre... Dec 26 Hoot 1
Cancer Cluster in Scituate (Apr '11) Dec '17 Michelle Tegan 10
Property line Aug '17 Kent Dorfman 1

Marshfield Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Marshfield Mortgages