Attorneys seeking venue change in mur...

Attorneys seeking venue change in murder trial

There are 24 comments on the Newton Daily News story from Feb 1, 2008, titled Attorneys seeking venue change in murder trial. In it, Newton Daily News reports that:

“Immediately following the incident alleged herein, there has been extensive media coverage and publicity concerning this case”

Attorneys for Tyler Ray Oberhart are seeking to move the 17-year-old's first-degree murder trial outside of Jasper County. via Newton Daily News

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newton Daily News.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Whatever

United States

#21 Jul 23, 2008
jmr wrote:
you all need to get a life justin was staped through the hand all the way through the hand i could see through it so it is self deffens so you all need to stop talking bad. do eny of you kno justin no dident thing so i did this is not him her had to be hit ferst so ya
Funny thing is, Justin admitted that during his and Oberhart's rage, Tyler was the one who actually stabbed him, so self defense? I think not. Self defense, 3 against one? Self defense, a life taken while three sit in a jail cell with games, books, learning, three meals, a roof over their heads. Self Defense, Justing got a cut on his hand, BOO WhO!!!!! Tyler got his finger cut, BOO WHO!!!! So, this is fair, one stab to Tyler and Justing vs. 30 to the victim?
wow-

United States

#22 Oct 27, 2008
I agree with "Disgsusted." To all of you bad-mouthing from behind your computer screens, the same thing could happen with YOUR son. Quit blaming others, the court will take care of that and they'll get what they "deserve." It's easy for you to passs judgement on the parents of these kids because it hasn't happened to you. Stop wasting time on here, go out and make sure it doesn't happen to YOU. STOP passing judgement and go fix the problem!
scott jacobs

Garden City, MI

#23 Mar 17, 2013
Tyler oberhart is not a bad guy at all! If any of you actually took the time to get to know him yall would understand! He pribably did it because he was scared, hurt and emotionally distressed. What happened was awful but to sit here and belittle somebody for a mistake is cruel and down right just wrong! All yall should be shamed!
free

Davenport, IA

#24 Mar 1, 2014
I know tyler and I've known him for along time in prison and he's grown a lot in prison he's not an evil guy and anyone who says he is doesn't know him or has never met with him. you want to talk shit about him go to prison and say it to his face and see if you think he's the monster you try to make him out to be. He make a huge mistake and he's paying for it but you people are evil for wishing for another human being to suffer. there's a lot of good in him now and I can say he was one of the most loyal friend's I've ever made.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Marshalltown Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Debate: Iowa GOP Debate - Marshalltown, IA (Aug '11) Jan '16 Correction 3
News Central Iowa Meth Investigation Leads To Nine A... (Sep '10) Sep '15 mommy2 59
News Former Garwin city clerk arrested in alleged $5... (Jun '15) Jun '15 Doc 1
BE AWARE RE: Penny Lachance Hale (Mar '15) Mar '15 fooledbythem 1
Review: China Buffet (Nov '14) Nov '14 maria 1
News IOWA ICON: A simple sandwich has a special plac... (Feb '10) Jul '13 Patriotic Girl 17
Any Pizza Hut employees in Marshallton who have... (Mar '13) Mar '13 Serious Money 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Marshalltown Mortgages