Attorneys seeking venue change in mur...

Attorneys seeking venue change in murder trial

There are 24 comments on the Newton Daily News story from Feb 1, 2008, titled Attorneys seeking venue change in murder trial. In it, Newton Daily News reports that:

“Immediately following the incident alleged herein, there has been extensive media coverage and publicity concerning this case”

Attorneys for Tyler Ray Oberhart are seeking to move the 17-year-old's first-degree murder trial outside of Jasper County. via Newton Daily News

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newton Daily News.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
cali

Lancaster, CA

#1 Feb 4, 2008
Why bother with a trial. Lock this Rank man up and throw away the key!!!!
nugget

Lancaster, CA

#2 Feb 5, 2008
Oberhart is a disgusting and vile excuse for a human being! Hopefully his parents are ashamed for raising such a demonic monster!!!
duey

Des Moines, IA

#3 Feb 22, 2008
justin robuck, tyler oberhart and ray travis all three are nothing but garbage.They need to be taken out to the woods and tied to a tree and then they need to be beaten half to death and left there.if they make it back to town they need to be taken right back to the tree and be tied up ,beaten and left again.Repeat the process until they no longer have the will to live.Thats what they deserve !!!
oscar

Des Moines, IA

#4 Feb 23, 2008
The three men that committed this horrendous crime need to spend the rest of their lives rotting in prison.All other people involved need to be charged also.Allowing people like this to go unpunished is unthinkable.Any family members of these murderers that aided them in any way need to go to prison.
absolutely sickened

Des Moines, IA

#5 Feb 24, 2008
I am 100% absolutely sickened by what EACH and EVERY person involved has done.. ALL PERSONS involved deserves the most cruel and unusual punishment possible. They don't even deserve to be breathing. Their victim can't breathe.
JUSTICE

Des Moines, IA

#6 Feb 24, 2008
The only way justice would be served in this case is if the men who did this are executed !
jmr

Nevada, IA

#7 Mar 7, 2008
you all need to get a life justin was staped through the hand all the way through the hand i could see through it so it is self deffens so you all need to stop talking bad. do eny of you kno justin no dident thing so i did this is not him her had to be hit ferst so ya
Cali

Lancaster, CA

#8 Mar 20, 2008
To jmr,
Your an idiot! Your not able to form a complete sentence. You believe the story your brother told you, and thats a shame. I happen to know all the other stories he has told. You are in for a rude awakening when the real truth is told. I pity you. You want so desperatly to believe Justin is innocent. He's not!!!!! He's a confessed MURDERER!!! And you support him. How disgusting! That whole part about the hole in his hand, who cares> I HOPE IT FALLS OFF.!!!! Tyler stabbed him. You and I both know it.
P.S.
Did you ever read that book?
"FUN WITH DICK AND JANE"
Seriously dude, read a book. Your a moron.
TO jmr

Des Moines, IA

#9 Mar 21, 2008
justin robuck told the police that while him and tyler oberhart were stabbing Jerry Pittman to death tyler oberhart accidentally stabbed him in the hand.How is that self defense ?
For JMR

Des Moines, IA

#10 Mar 21, 2008
So Justin was stabbed through the hand and you could see through it?? OH MY GOD! NOT!!!! Didn't they take care of that wound when he fled the scene of the murder and went to the hospital? My brother was stabbed 30 times and not through his hand. He was stabbed through vital organs that sustained his life! How dare you even care that your brother was stabbed once? Did it end his life? No, it didn't.. When Justin turned himself in to the police, he willingly told them that Tyler Oberhart accidentally stabbed him while they were stabbing the life out of Jerry Pittman II. If you could see through that wound on your brothers hand were you on the scene of the crime or did you help him get to the hospital for his ONE stab wound? Justin knew he needed help for one stab wound didn't he think that Jerry needed help for his thirty stab wounds??
oscar

Des Moines, IA

#11 Mar 21, 2008
Justins line of defense has changed many times over.. One lie after another.. There is no doubt in my mind that his self defense line is nothing but a lie!! Again remember folks, I said NO DOUBT!!
KAD

Des Moines, IA

#12 Mar 21, 2008
To be executed would be an easy way out. These kids don't deserve to die.They need to rot in prison and and suffer.
Nugget

Lancaster, CA

#13 Mar 24, 2008
jmr,
It's obvious you failed EBONICS! Have you thought about trying
"HOOKED ON PHONICS?"
wow

Ankeny, IA

#14 Mar 25, 2008
These guys are so disgusting!I heard that justin robuck and tyler oberhart are both fathers, I'm blown away by this information.They killed another persons child.They need to be locked up for the rest of their lives.They have no regard for human life.Their children will be better off without these evil men in their lives.
angry

Ankeny, IA

#15 Mar 25, 2008
to jmr, you say "you all need to get a life" we want Jerrys life back but that's not possible.Your brother justin and two other monsters took it.
oscar

Ankeny, IA

#16 Mar 26, 2008
jmr says "you all need to get a life". did his brother say "we all need to take a life"??? i guess he did.
Cali

Lancaster, CA

#17 Mar 26, 2008
To the "Mothers" of the unconscionable demons who took the life of this child, another womans child..... You have no reason to celebrate what you have created. This upcoming Mothers Day, do yourself a favor, don't bother getting out of bed, grab a box of tissues and cry over the miserable attempt you made at raising your son. Your son is the product of you." YOU" raised a MURDERER!(oops, should I say alleged?) And now, you are praying to God. For what? That Maybe God turn a blind eye to the heinous acts your son has committed? Or are you hoping God didn't see what happened? I don't think it works that way, SORRY! Stay in your bed and wallow in your pity. Lie in the bed you made.
Disgusted

West Des Moines, IA

#18 Mar 27, 2008
You all should just go home and wash out your mouths. Right now you are all spreading gossip which is just as bad as what they did. Instead of sitting on the internet... how about you all go play with your own kids so this mistake doesnt happen to you and yours. This is the time where we all need to start looking out for our own and making sure that our children dont make the same mistakes.
wow

Ankeny, IA

#19 Mar 28, 2008
to disgusted,nothing is as bad as what these monsters have done.If you don't like what you are reading walk away from your computer.These murderers didn't make a mistake ,the made a CHOICE to take someones life .
angry

Ankeny, IA

#20 Mar 28, 2008
disgusted in des moines says "you are all spreading gossip" ,this is not gossip. These men are evil MURDERERS,that is the TRUTH!!!!!!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Marshalltown Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Former Garwin city clerk arrested in alleged $5... Jun '15 Doc 1
News Central Iowa Meth Investigation Leads To Nine A... (Sep '10) Jun '15 Anon E Mouse 58
BE AWARE RE: Penny Lachance Hale Mar '15 fooledbythem 1
Review: China Buffet (Nov '14) Nov '14 maria 1
News IOWA ICON: A simple sandwich has a special plac... (Feb '10) Jul '13 Patriotic Girl 17
Any Pizza Hut employees in Marshallton who have... (Mar '13) Mar '13 Serious Money 1
Debate: Gay Marriage - Marshalltown, IA (Jan '12) Feb '13 Philip Roddy Jr 6
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Marshalltown Mortgages