Longtime GOP Texas Gov. Perry wins another term

Full story: El Paso Times

Republican Gov. Rick Perry has defeated Democrat Bill White to win a third four-year term as Texas governor.
Comments
16,901 - 16,920 of 22,339 Comments Last updated 2 hrs ago
Texan

Falls Church, VA

#18480 Jun 21, 2013
OK Barney just get back to your higher priority, or since you seem to prefer it so much, take your higher priority and go to the land of nuts and fruits. they might even care what you say out there???????
Bernard Forand

Fort Myers, FL

#18481 Jun 21, 2013
waco1909 wrote:
Texas surpasses California in GDP for first time ever. Won't be the last time. Where is Forand now?
Now perhaps you might want to follow up with GNP?
Other measures for GDP include GNP (Gross national or state product), National or state income, personal income, disposable personal income, and division of income.
GNP measures the value of final goods and services produced by residents of a given country or state. This means that production outside of a given country or state by its residents (for example, US residents living in the UK) still counts towards GNP. GDP is a better measure for a lot of countries (including developing countries) because a lot of the capital is owned by foreigners. Consider Texas as the developing country. To California. National or state income is the value of total income. It differs from GDP in that it allows for depreciation of capital. If we deduct this depreciation, we get a better measure of the income for the entire country or state (because depreciated parts have to be replaced and thus take away from total income).
Personal income measures the income received by households, and disposable personal income is personal income minus personal tax payments. Finally we have division of income which shows where the income is going. Income can flow to wages, taxes, profits, rent and interest among other things.
Greater the inequality of laborers’ productivity distributions the less in “Disposable Income” at the area of the majority consumer level and greater income in the elite lower consumer levels. This requires Texas to seek external markets for their wears. External markets will respond with opposition that will be greater. In a short time. Debt accumulates, unemployment to follow and a recession to overcome the disparity of the inequality imposed on their financial markets. In time to reflect the norm of the Free Trade Markets requirements.
Profits from external corporations will add to the decline, as they siphon off the profits to their home turf.
Alas Texas will live up to its “Lone Star” status, setting on the western horizon.
justasayin

Lenoir, NC

#18482 Jun 21, 2013
Bernard Forand wrote:
<quoted text>
Your GDP of Texas illuminates the growing disparity between the elite and its labor force. It can be manipulated for political rationales. At best it is a simple rule of thumb. One would have to have all the variables , that were used and not used to achieve their GDP. Texas borrowed $6 Billion from Obama and increased its minimum wage earners. To put it in a nut shell.
First, free time, or leisure is not included in GDP analysis. While someone may be happier only working four days a week, that additional day off will reduce the GDP number. While this makes sense because GDP is the measure of the total value of output, it shows us why using GDP as a measure of well-being or happiness doesn’t make sense. It is possible to have a very industrious country have a very high GDP, but all of its people could be overworked and sick which would translate to a poor well-being measure.
Next, GDP measures total production for a nation, and GDP per capita gives us an average amount of output per person, but it never tells us how GDP is divided among its residents. Think of a corrupt nation, maybe the leaders of the government keep all of the money generated from production, and allow their citizens to live in slums. Well-being could be very low even though GDP is high, because the majority of the products from that nation go to the elite.
Third, some services and products included in the GDP measure actually lower our well-being. Imagine expenditures on the military, police, security and services for drug addiction and lawsuits. Just because these services are being purchased, doesn’t mean that they improve our well-being.
Finally, GDP doesn’t take into account negative effects on the environment or other externalities. When we produce goods and services, we use resources from the earth, and sometimes we pollute the air, water, and soil as well. When trash goes into a landfill, this affects GDP positively because a service was purchased. When oil is taken out of the ground, this counts positively towards GDP, but nowhere in this measure is it taken into account that the oil is now gone, and can never be used again.
Where have I been? Good to see you guys miss me. Have been aiding a fellow human being to T.L.C. their home. This will take up some more of my time as this is a higher priority.
So, all the companies moving to Texas, in the long run, is going to hurt Texas? 2. "Real GDP per capita is found by:
A) adding real GDP and population.
B) subtracting population from real GDP.
C) dividing real GDP by population.
D) dividing population by real GDP."
Helping addiction and that person goes to work and adds to the GDP doesn't improve our well-being? "4. For comparing changes in potential military strength and political preeminence, the most meaningful
measure of economic growth would be:
A) changes in total nominal output.
B) changes in total real output.
C) changes in per capita output.
D) changes in per family output."
GDP (Y) is a sum of Consumption (C), Investment (I), Government Spending (G) and Net Exports (X – M).

Y = C + I + G +(X &#8722; M) C (consumption) is normally the largest GDP component in the economy, consisting of private (household final consumption expenditure) in the economy. These personal expenditures fall under one of the following categories: durable goods, non-durable goods, and services. Examples include food, rent, jewelry, gasoline, and medical expenses but does not include the purchase of new housing.

“Smarter Than You”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#18483 Jun 21, 2013
I repeat in real GDP Texas has surpassed California.tens of thousands of people move from California to Texas daily.how can this be? is the Golden State not so golden?

“Smarter Than You”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#18484 Jun 21, 2013
Justsayin you said it well.
Texan

Falls Church, VA

#18485 Jun 21, 2013
Yes, but get ready for some more Barney blah blah blah, because you know he's going to do it.

“Smarter Than You”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#18486 Jun 21, 2013
Texan just sayin kicked Bernards ass.
justasayin

Lenoir, NC

#18487 Jun 21, 2013
Texan wrote:
Yes, but get ready for some more Barney blah blah blah, because you know he's going to do it.
I have this philosophy, for every action, there is a reaction. Up, down, left right, you get the picture. Besides, I grew up in the Army, the Gov. keep stats on EVERYTHING. I just go look for it.

“Smarter Than You”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#18488 Jun 21, 2013
more Californians are moving to Texas than Texans are moving to California.this is a fact. Eventually the economy of California will recover. But California will always have Texas as it's main competitor.
justasayin

Lenoir, NC

#18489 Jun 21, 2013
waco1909 wrote:
more Californians are moving to Texas than Texans are moving to California.this is a fact. Eventually the economy of California will recover. But California will always have Texas as it's main competitor.
As I said, there is an opposite to everything. California has had it's day in the sun and now it's paying the price. Too many getting so much for so little. The movie industry is a prime example. So much is "computer" generated these days, yet how much money is spent and for what? Back in the day actors had to really rehearse, learn lines, etc. Gee, I guess you would call it "work". Now you "leek" a sex video and your a star with twitter and everything. Shallow country.
Allen

New Paltz, NY

#18490 Jun 21, 2013
waco1909 wrote:
I repeat in real GDP Texas has surpassed California.tens of thousands of people move from California to Texas daily.how can this be? is the Golden State not so golden?
Where did you get this?

Last year it was CA $2.0 trillion, TX $1.3 trillion (for 2011)

It couldn't change that much in one year.

“Smarter Than You”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#18491 Jun 21, 2013
Allen wrote:
<quoted text>
Where did you get this?
Last year it was CA $2.0 trillion, TX $1.3 trillion (for 2011)
It couldn't change that much in one year.
why Allen, you talking to me now? I find that hard to believe. It's easy to follow someone around on topix when they sign in. For the life of me, I don't know what you are trying to accomplish. However, the term I used was"real" GDP. Guess I will be signing off. Bye y'all!
Defiant1

Deer Park, TX

#18492 Jun 21, 2013
Allen wrote:
<quoted text>
Where did you get this?
Last year it was CA $2.0 trillion, TX $1.3 trillion (for 2011)
It couldn't change that much in one year.
Just a couple of things. Last year was 2012, not 2011. Do try to keep up. Second of all, where are YOUR sources?. One more thing. If California has such a great economy, then why are cities like Stockton bankrupt?.
Defiant1

Deer Park, TX

#18493 Jun 21, 2013
waco1909 wrote:
<quoted text> why Allen, you talking to me now? I find that hard to believe. It's easy to follow someone around on topix when they sign in. For the life of me, I don't know what you are trying to accomplish. However, the term I used was"real" GDP. Guess I will be signing off. Bye y'all!
I wouldn't give a two-bit misinformation specialist like "Allen" much thought. I run into morons just like him on another thread. It's fun
to put them in their place.
Waco 1909

Loudon, TN

#18496 Jun 22, 2013
A good point Defiant. Internet stalkers are not rare. But not signing in keeps the stalker from knowing about what forums I'm on. I only signed in on two forums, wanted to see how long it would take before I got harassed, if at all. As far as California comparisons, one"expert"said that California's ace in the hole was having two ports in the top 25. Guess the guy conveniently forgot that Texas has at least FOUR , including the eleventh largest port in the world, Houston. Outshines anything California has. Texas has the largest collection of hospitals and research facilities in the world..
simplex

United States

#18497 Jun 22, 2013
Dallas must be the worst city on earth.
Defiant1

Deer Park, TX

#18498 Jun 22, 2013
Waco 1909 wrote:
A good point Defiant. Internet stalkers are not rare. But not signing in keeps the stalker from knowing about what forums I'm on. I only signed in on two forums, wanted to see how long it would take before I got harassed, if at all. As far as California comparisons, one"expert"said that California's ace in the hole was having two ports in the top 25. Guess the guy conveniently forgot that Texas has at least FOUR , including the eleventh largest port in the world, Houston. Outshines anything California has. Texas has the largest collection of hospitals and research facilities in the world..
I like it if they stalk and harass me. Then they get to learn all about themselves. LOL Most of these dimwits are just jealous of Texas. Most
of them hate to admit that the cesspools that they reside in are dying.
Defiant1

Deer Park, TX

#18499 Jun 22, 2013
simplex wrote:
Dallas must be the worst city on earth.
No, it has a long way to go before getting as bad as Detroit, DC or Killadelphia.
simplex

United States

#18500 Jun 22, 2013
Of course Dallas is better than a bunch of stinking Yankee rust belt dung piles. As far as Texas goes, Dallas sux.
Bernard Forand

Fort Myers, FL

#18501 Jun 22, 2013
justasayin wrote:
<quoted text>So, all the companies moving to Texas, in the long run, is going to hurt Texas? 2. "Real GDP per capita is found by:
A) adding real GDP and population.
B) subtracting population from real GDP.
C) dividing real GDP by population.
D) dividing population by real GDP."
Helping addiction and that person goes to work and adds to the GDP doesn't improve our well-being? "4. For comparing changes in potential military strength and political preeminence, the most meaningful
measure of economic growth would be:
A) changes in total nominal output.
B) changes in total real output.
C) changes in per capita output.
D) changes in per family output."
GDP (Y) is a sum of Consumption (C), Investment (I), Government Spending (G) and Net Exports (X – M).
Y = C + I + G +(X &#8722; M) C (consumption) is normally the largest GDP component in the economy, consisting of private (household final consumption expenditure) in the economy. These personal expenditures fall under one of the following categories: durable goods, non-durable goods, and services. Examples include food, rent, jewelry, gasoline, and medical expenses but does not include the purchase of new housing.
Justasaying] You are mixing your GDP’s with your GNP’s factoring and equations. I have stated what needed to be said and stand by it. Repeating, repeating will not help you or the urchins you attract. There are even more factors on how to manipulate GDP and GNP but you can’t even fathom the simplest of what I have already given you.
So I’m going back to what I was originally discussing. The ever growing chasm of the Teabaggers and right wing nuts with the established conservative republican party. That chasm is increasing with every sputtering of the intoxicated Teabaggers. Here is another example of recent.
Democrats and republican moderates have joined forces. Sweeping aside the Tea Party and the right wing nuts. In all places, Arizona! A previous bestial of the Tea Party.
Between them both they actually came to a budget with bipartisan support. On June 13, 2013 Governor Jan Brewer {R} Led the way that will add over 300,000 of their uninsured citizens to the roles of the insured. Embracing the Obamacare Health Care Plan.
Governor Jan Brewer gathered up her allies and repulsed themselves from the intoxicated Teabaggers and their minions. Carrying it so far as not to answerer any of the Tea and right wing nuts questions and shooting down any of their proposals.
Obamacare exposed the rift that is growing into a chasm where the Tea and the right wing nuts are being pushed into.
Their Senate President Andy Biggs {R} who was a staunch opponent to the Obamacare was swept aside. All these right wing nuts and the Teabaggers, had to say , was similar to what we find on these threads. Right wing nuts and Teabaggers, Constant redundant dysfunctional rhetoric and derogatory remarks. No substance or valid argument. Sputtering and babbling.. Now we know where these urchins get their cue’s from. Rushing Foxes with their Pied Piper’s melodies of “A La Propaganda.”
The chasm widens.. Justsaying…

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Marshall Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
TX Who do you support for Commissioner of Agricult... (Oct '10) 2 hr That Fart Guy 530
TX Who do you support for Governor in Texas in 2010? (Oct '10) 8 hr That Fart Guy 17,911
Who do you support for Commissioner of the Gene... (Oct '10) 11 hr That Fart Guy 337
TX Who do you support for Railroad Commissioner in... (Oct '10) Sat That Fart Guy 770
TX Who do you support for Lieutenant Governor in T... (Oct '10) Aug 29 That Fart Guy 722
Who do you support for Attorney General in Texa... (Oct '10) Aug 28 Gasman 663
TX Who do you support for Comptroller of Public Ac... (Oct '10) Aug 25 Gasman 618
•••
•••
•••

Marshall Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Marshall People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Marshall News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Marshall
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••