Brendan Higgins - About Us News Story...

Brendan Higgins - About Us News Story - KXAS | Dallas

There are 74 comments on the NBC 5i Dallas/Fort Worth story from Feb 13, 2008, titled Brendan Higgins - About Us News Story - KXAS | Dallas. In it, NBC 5i Dallas/Fort Worth reports that:

Brendan Higgins anchors NBC 5 Today from 5-7 am and NBC 5 DFW Today from 10-11 a.m. After working as a reporter/anchor in Louisiana, Alabama, and New York, Brendan joined NBC 5 in 1998.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at NBC 5i Dallas/Fort Worth.

Dee

Fort Worth, TX

#21 Feb 8, 2010
Big mistake, Brenden made the morning news fun and interesting to listen to. With Rebecca Miller and Brendon gone I WILL change to another station.
Todd

Burleson, TX

#22 Feb 8, 2010
The entire NBC organization is so poorly managed, I wonder if it will be around another year. Every time they find something that works, they destroy it.

The local morning news is an endless loop of idiotic text polls and crappy "news" photos from viewers cell phones because they want to cut costs. I don't think even Brendon or Rebecca could keep this mess going. The problem is off camera and until the ratings completely tank, this is what we can expect. Vote with your remote.
Annette

Amarillo, TX

#23 Feb 9, 2010
You lost another Brendan Higgins fan, will be switching to ABC channel 8! Brendan was the best! He made the news worth watching. Of course, these comments mean nothing to NBC!!!
Med Tech

Wichita Falls, TX

#24 Feb 9, 2010
J DOE wrote:
wHERE IS BRENDAN HIGGINS GOING ? WHAT NETWORK WILL HE BE ON. I LOVED LISTENING TO HIM; I WILL NO LONGER BE WATCHING CHL. 5 NEWS W/O HIM.
I agree completely!!!!!!
Med Tech

Wichita Falls, TX

#25 Feb 9, 2010
Brendon Higgins needs to be brought back to Channel 5. He was a good balance for all of the "women" on that morning broadcast. I will no longer watch Channel 5 news.
Shankopottamus

United States

#26 Feb 10, 2010
nooooooooooooo
dopes

Plano, TX

#27 Feb 11, 2010
wtf r u doing? the guy was great, i wish fios dropped channel 5 and hd 505 from my list.
dopes

Plano, TX

#28 Feb 11, 2010
To be clear, not watching channel 5 NBC5i anymore. You guys are very wierd. First Rebecca then Brendon, poorly handled disappearing acts. Leaves viewers wondering and confused and concerned.

Boo!
MAG

Dallas, TX

#29 Feb 11, 2010
NJo wrote:
It took all I had to keep watching Channel 5 after they let Rebecca go...it was Brendon that kept me there. I started watching Channel 8 Friday morning after I heard they had let Brendon go and will continue. I may even leave it there and watch GMA instead of the Today show from now on. What's the matter with these people...it's that Susan Tully they need to let go!
ME TOO, I started to watch Ch 8....Done with this station! Hope they enjoy their sinking ratings. I only watched them because of Brendon and Debra, When they hired Tammy, I started to change channels. She is SO FULL OF HERSELF, I CAN'T TAKE HER FAKE SMILE. She must be related to someone at the station. I'm a Ch 8 viewer now....they should let Debra go so she can save her career. Shame that the people doing this haven't a CLUE!!
mpb

Lewisville, TX

#30 Feb 11, 2010
I am a little slow. I too thought that Brendon was on some kind of vacation. I missed Rebecca Miller but hung in there. Now there is no reason. Station execs have a lot to learn.
Tonya

Garland, TX

#31 Feb 11, 2010
I thought he was on vacation too. I'm not watching anymore!
SDP

Carrollton, TX

#32 Feb 12, 2010
I'm switching to ABC - first Rebecca Miller and now Brendan Higgins!!! Lopez and the stiff hair dude are BORING!!! I can wake up with another station NBC!
Brian

San Antonio, TX

#33 Feb 14, 2010
I cannot believe the station continues to let employees go that captivate audiences attention the way Miller and Higgins have done. I am switching to 4 now and will not return.By the way Debra should leave NBC, she is too good for them!
BKM

San Antonio, TX

#34 Feb 14, 2010
MAG you are right about Tammy! I actually have gotten a lot of laughs from her awful looking hair. Is it even hers?
Flower Mound Mom

Plano, TX

#35 Feb 15, 2010
I would get up early so I could watch the news. My favorite part was watching Brendan joke around with Matt Lauer from the Today Show. Now I don't even want to watch it anymore. It's just not the same. There is no one like Brendan Higgins.They should have done what they could to keep him. BIG MISTAKE!!
Shankopottamus

United States

#36 Feb 15, 2010
The d-bags are running an ad with the breakfast table and pouring o.j and you can hear Brenda Higgins introducing himself .Prolly too expensive to make another ad, instead save money forget about saving face .....too LATE !!
christy

Federal Way, WA

#37 Feb 18, 2010
THANK GOD! he is a PIG!
Beej In Bedford

Bedford, TX

#38 Feb 18, 2010
NBC....you've screwed up AGAIN!!!! Loved Brendan in the mornings. He and Debra were an unbeatable team. I won't be watching NBC5 in the mornings....
Dawn D

United States

#39 Feb 20, 2010
All your viewers can't be wrong. Do you realize that especially the 5 AM group become part of the family? I love Rebecca and Brendan. I now watch Chanel 33 and will now find Brendan. Bye Bye 5.

I would feel better about you if you would at least make some announcement when you make a change. It's quite obvious that you aren't interested in your viewers.
Beckyjo

Arlington, TX

#40 Feb 20, 2010
I agree with Dawn. If your people were leaving on their own terms they would say good bye to the viewers on air. I've tried for the last month go give the station a chance because I like Deborah but I just can't any more. Tammey is okay. Jennifer seems to know what she's talking about when it comes to the weather but she's clueless when it comes to any type of conversation with the anchors. She gets that deer in the headlights look and usually has no idea what they are talking about. I'm also tired of that belted jacket she wears over and over. Come to think of it - Tammey needs to wear some suit jackets that close in the front as well. What - is money tight for you folks? I'm a school teacher and I dress better than those girls. The personality is being sucked out of the morning show and it's a shame.

Deborah - run - run as fast as you can - but at least say good bye before you go.- Not that I will notice - I'll be watching someone else.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Marshall Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Waskom Police Department (Nov '07) 17 hr Waskom citizen 72
Hallsville Police Department Oct 1 Aaron moore 2
Brandon morris Oct 1 Aaron moore 2
News 2 people wanted for attempted ATM theft in Mars... Jul '17 dlneilland 1
Oh No James Is Dealing Meth Again Apr '17 Dearlers In Terre... 2
Louie gohmert (Mar '17) Mar '17 Little joe 1
News Man accused of murdering his uncle captured in ... (Mar '17) Mar '17 shilovadar0 1

Marshall Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Marshall Mortgages