Brendan Higgins - About Us News Story - KXAS | Dallas

Brendan Higgins anchors NBC 5 Today from 5-7 am and NBC 5 DFW Today from 10-11 a.m. After working as a reporter/anchor in Louisiana, Alabama, and New York, Brendan joined NBC 5 in 1998. Full Story
First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Kathryn

Muenster, TX

#1 Mar 8, 2008
I think that Brendan and Debbara make a great anchor team! As long as nothing ELSE changes I will keep watching NBC 5 Today morning news.
J DOE

Dallas, TX

#2 Jan 25, 2010
wHERE IS BRENDAN HIGGINS GOING ? WHAT NETWORK WILL HE BE ON. I LOVED LISTENING TO HIM; I WILL NO LONGER BE WATCHING CHL. 5 NEWS W/O HIM.
nancibee

Sherman, TX

#3 Feb 1, 2010
Brendan Higgins is number one. I am switching to Fox in the mornings. NBC/DFW make another big mistake letting him go!!
SavvyCat

Dallas, TX

#4 Feb 1, 2010
I'll miss him. He has a real off-beat sense of humor and sometimes utters the oddest non sequiturs. The mornings have been pretty bland lately. I'm going to check out what else there is.
Johnny Pilcher

Morgan, TX

#5 Feb 1, 2010
Where is Brenden Higgins. Has your station made another HUGE mistake.
Taffi Stevenson

The Colony, TX

#6 Feb 2, 2010
Sent NBC an email this morning...they have
just shot themselves in the foot...Love Deborah
and Tammy but it was Brendan's interaction that
made my day...I just hope a local station is smart
enough to spend the money needed to keep him here.
Ed T

AOL

#7 Feb 2, 2010
That's nuts! I bet the same person had a hand in not renewing Rebecca Miller's contract. Channel 5's lost another viewer for early morning news. Looks like I'm headed to Fox News for all my information now. Good luck, Brendan! You will be missed.
Jane

Euless, TX

#8 Feb 2, 2010
NO NO NO I miss Brendan so much. I loved the way he told us the news with professionalism and humor. I only hope where ever he goes they appreciate him like we did in DFW.
Anne T

United States

#9 Feb 3, 2010
I truly miss Brendon Higgins news will not be the same with him gone.
Bill B

AOL

#10 Feb 4, 2010
I do believe that there is a little skullduggery going on at NBCDFW..1st is was Rebecca Miller, now Brendon Higgins..When two great people are released without a published reason, maybe a look behind the scenes at the person responsible is needed..I now watch Channel 11 news 24/7.
Bill B

AOL

#11 Feb 4, 2010
Big mistake NBCDFW, BIG MISTAKE,!! PS. I do enjoy watching Rebecca Miller on Channel 33 news/weather. Flashing back and forth between channel 11 & 33 for my news.. with channel 5 blocked on my remote.. LOL..
TCB

United States

#12 Feb 4, 2010
Brendan was the reason I watched in the morning. HAVE Y'ALL GONE CRAZY. ARE YOU TRYING TO LOSE YOUR FAITHFUL VIEWERS CAUSE YOUR DOING A GOOD JOB. First Becky and now Brendan, if the same person is responsible y'all have a problem on your hands......I'm switching to a station that cares.
Vicki

College Park, MD

#13 Feb 4, 2010
This is really sad. Loved watching Brendan. He's the only reason I watched channel 5 in the mornings. Yep, somebody screwed up.
Barbara Carol

Nederland, TX

#14 Feb 5, 2010
nancibee wrote:
Brendan Higgins is number one. I am switching to Fox in the mornings. NBC/DFW make another big mistake letting him go!!
Absolutely! It's the same girl that fired Rebecca Miller!!! Get rid of HER!! She's destroying our morning news! I think her name is Susan Tully. I still don't like the weather girl - she can't get her timing right and gets cut off all the time.
buckieluv

AOL

#15 Feb 7, 2010
Four reasons I watched TV Channel 5: Brendon,Debra, Rebeccca and Tammy. Two down and two to go. The Manager, must be an unloved woman and a plant from another station. The new wether girl and partime traffic person SUCK.
Goodbye NBC, Hello Fox.
NJo

Keller, TX

#16 Feb 7, 2010
It took all I had to keep watching Channel 5 after they let Rebecca go...it was Brendon that kept me there. I started watching Channel 8 Friday morning after I heard they had let Brendon go and will continue. I may even leave it there and watch GMA instead of the Today show from now on. What's the matter with these people...it's that Susan Tully they need to let go!
Prosper

Little Elm, TX

#17 Feb 8, 2010
I am sure there is some deeper reason to let Brenden go other than what we could speculate - however, it seems that once the viewers become comfortable with an anchor, and view them as a member of a "family", they are gone. I would encourage whoever does the hiring/firing to look past such indifferences to see that their actions effect us all, not just the station. We dont deserve a reason, but we do deserve longevity. There have been too many changes at NBC 5.
KBlank

Dallas, TX

#18 Feb 8, 2010
Are you serious? NBC let the best anchor on morning TV get away? I was hoping Brendan was on a much deserved vacation and now to learn he is NOT coming back... Deborah Ferguson is great but it was truly Brendan that made CH. 5 news my station of choice. With Rebecca Miller gone to CH. 33 and now Brendan gone, I will have to review my choice of network news. Brendan truly was the best. His talent is up there with Matt and Brian Williams.

“Still Standing on my knees”

Since: Nov 07

Location hidden

#19 Feb 8, 2010
done with nbc, its abc time yall.

Since: Dec 07

Location hidden

#20 Feb 8, 2010
Orina, you are a freak, let's get freakin'.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Marshall Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Ibu hamil kalbar butuh ml lebih Sat pecinta hamil 1
Who do you support for State Board of Education... (Oct '10) Dec 17 98 Degree Diarrhea 595
Who do you support for Attorney General in Texa... (Oct '10) Dec 15 Fartman 703
Who do you support for State Board of Education... (Oct '10) Nov 29 Fartology 752
Ku Klux Klan literature found at Hallsville homes (May '08) Nov 29 unity 73
Rent house in Hallsville Nov '14 Matt 1
Waskom Police Department (Nov '07) Oct '14 Texan903 68
Marshall Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Marshall People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Marshall News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Marshall

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]