Man killed after he confronts residen...

Man killed after he confronts resident with gun

There are 4 comments on the KTBS-TV Shreveport story from Aug 3, 2007, titled Man killed after he confronts resident with gun. In it, KTBS-TV Shreveport reports that:

A grand jury will likely decide whether a Marshall, Texas, man should be prosecuted for fatally shooting another man who came to his house Thursday night and threatened him with a gun. via KTBS-TV Shreveport

Join the discussion below, or Read more at KTBS-TV Shreveport.

lee thomas

Longview, TX

#1 Aug 12, 2007
this was sad i lost my relative, homie , and good friend to something that could have been worked out a little better than what jsut took place here. i grew up with anthony rudd knew him all my life and was jsut talking with him the weekend before this happened. im not going to go into details about this matter but im going to say this much rudd didnt deserve to die like this he could have been shoot in the arm leg foot or soemthing but inthe back of the head like that was not right. was he wrong for coming to this man's house like that? may be so and if he brandished a gun the first time he went there then why didnt some one call the law then. they knew who he was from the community. that didnt happen. the home owner took it upon his self and the ole belief that im at home and defending my home speech and shot this man fatally. im not a voilent person at least i dont consider my self to be one,but yes ill will engage in a fight is neccesary but if i had to shoot i think i would try to wound rather than kill the person. if the homeowner gets no charges then he was right in his beliefof protecting one's home but his mind will no doubt be on this for the remainder of his life. and if he does get soem time then maybe his peers didnt beleive the way he did. either way rudd has lost and the homeowner will be losing too. sad i tell ya sad. rest in peace RUDD
devonte rudd

Dallas, TX

#2 Aug 24, 2013
Jest stpn by to say ilov an miss my dad
lostforwords sosad

Houston, TX

#3 Feb 17, 2015
I know I'm a total stranger but I hope to hear from you soon.
lostforwords sosad

Houston, TX

#4 Feb 17, 2015
lostforwords sosad wrote:
I know I'm a total stranger but I hope to hear from you soon.
To devonte rudd

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Marshall Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News I-69 running through county receives a boost (Jun '06) May 19 69 FARTS 4
Elysian Fields WATER (May '08) Apr 24 bigfoot 12
Dummy in white suv on I-20 Apr 24 Anonymous 1
Who knows Jake Rich? (Oct '12) Apr '18 Uncle Tom 4
News MFD seeking leads on arson (Jan '10) Jan '18 NOISY FART 3
My wife always wants anal (Jan '16) Dec '17 SideJob 4
Waskom Police Department (Nov '07) Oct '17 Waskom citizen 72

Marshall Jobs

Personal Finance

Marshall Mortgages