billboard in alabama
First Prev
of 9
Next Last

deathvalley56

Since: Jan 09

IT'S BUSH'S FAULT!!!

#1 Feb 5, 2009
The Died got rolled by the University of Louisiana @ Monroe. Where's Monroe, ya say? It's somewhere in Louisiana, that if, L.S.U. had lost to them, L.S.U. would have had to do away with our football program. That would be the most embarrassing experience L.S.U. football would've had to endure. But, the Crimson Died did it!!! LOL How embarrassing!!! LOL
Elf

Vancouver, WA

#2 Feb 7, 2009
deathvalley56 wrote:
The Died got rolled by the University of Louisiana @ Monroe. Where's Monroe, ya say? It's somewhere in Louisiana, that if, L.S.U. had lost to them, L.S.U. would have had to do away with our football program. That would be the most embarrassing experience L.S.U. football would've had to endure. But, the Crimson Died did it!!! LOL How embarrassing!!! LOL
I'm way out here in the northwest, but I still LOVE THEM TIGERS!!! I was born and raised in Natchitoches and I know exactly where Monroe is.

deathvalley56

Since: Jan 09

IT'S BUSH'S FAULT!!!

#3 Feb 7, 2009
Elf wrote:
<quoted text>I'm way out here in the northwest, but I still LOVE THEM TIGERS!!! I was born and raised in Natchitoches and I know exactly where Monroe is.
That's neat about you being born and raised in Natchitoches. I went a couple of years to Northwestern State University, then I transferred to LSU, where I went the final 2 years. However, I was an LSU fan even while attending NSU. I've always been a fan of theirs. But, Coach A L Williams asked me to come there to try out for NSU's team, about 1 away from a scholarship. Close is only good in horse shoes and hand granades, I know.:):):) LOL

If LSU had lost to ULM, LSU would've had to shut down its football program. LOL :) LOL :) LOL :) Keep lovin' our Tigers. I've loved them for 40 years, and I've never jumped off the bandwagon; and we had some pretty bad years in the 90's under Hallman and Dinardo. LOL

deathvalley56

Since: Jan 09

IT'S BUSH'S FAULT!!!

#4 Feb 7, 2009
Elf wrote:
<quoted text>I'm way out here in the northwest, but I still LOVE THEM TIGERS!!! I was born and raised in Natchitoches and I know exactly where Monroe is.
When I said I've always been a fan of theirs, I was referring to LSU, not NSU. But, you probably figured that one out. Later :) Geaux Tigers!!!
Elf

Vancouver, WA

#5 Feb 8, 2009
deathvalley56 wrote:
<quoted text>
When I said I've always been a fan of theirs, I was referring to LSU, not NSU. But, you probably figured that one out. Later :) Geaux Tigers!!!
lol Yea, I did. I've been a fan for MNAY yrs myself, but I just don't get to see their games anymore. I'm a female, but I do like a good football game now and then! lol I watched all of the Super Bowl last Sunday and I was a very happy camper when it was over! Been a Steeler fan yrs and yrs! I met a couple of them in the eighty's when I was in Natchitoches again for about a yr and a half. I use to love the Demons, but as you get older you just kinda seem to change with time! lol

deathvalley56

Since: Jan 09

IT'S BUSH'S FAULT!!!

#6 Feb 8, 2009
Elf wrote:
<quoted text>lol Yea, I did. I've been a fan for MNAY yrs myself, but I just don't get to see their games anymore. I'm a female, but I do like a good football game now and then! lol I watched all of the Super Bowl last Sunday and I was a very happy camper when it was over! Been a Steeler fan yrs and yrs! I met a couple of them in the eighty's when I was in Natchitoches again for about a yr and a half. I use to love the Demons, but as you get older you just kinda seem to change with time! lol
Good to hear you've been a TIGER FAN for MANY YEARS. I"ve been bleeding purple and gold ever since I was 13, in 1969; and the cuts have been gettin' deep at times esecicially during the '90's. Those were the worst stretch for LSU in football that I can remember anyway. I'm not exactly a Big Steelers's fan. But, I'm certainly glad they beat the Cardinals in the Super Bowl........ Ya see? I saw Rothlisburger when he played for Miami of Ohio play LSU in Tiger Stadium (Death Valley) back in around 2002. LSU beat them 33-7; and we were there that night. It could've been 40-7. But LSU took a knee at Miami's 7 yard line so that they would not be running up the score; and Rothlisburger said after the game that this LSU was the best team that he had ever played against in high school and college. Faulk and many LSU All Americans (the really known LSU players) came up to Big Ben and told him after the game, "Congradulation, good luck, and have a safe trip home." Big Ben was talking about sportsmanship and character, I'm sure. I'm sure other teams could've beaten them worst than we did. I just loved our character to tell him that. So, I like Big Ben Rothlisburger. I got to see him play against the Fightin' Tigers. He's a real cool guy, I think; and he couldn't wait to get back to Miami of Ohio to e-mail Saban, our coach at the time, to tell him what he thought about LSU being the best team that he had ever played agaist (Character and sportsmanship, I think). Well anyway, Geaux Tigers!!!! Go Steelers!!!!!

Concerning the Demons once again, I was on the scout team for them after Coach A L Williams asked me to come try out for them. He came all the way to my high school to ask me just to try out ........ not even get a scholarship. I thought that was cool for him to do that. I really liked him and his wife. I had her in one of my classes. She is a very sweet lady. Once again, Go Steelers/Geaux Tigers!!!

You being a happy camper when the Steelers won makes TWO of US. Yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!! And it's cool that you even met a couple of them in the 80's. I've never met one........ That's really cool!!! You meeting one, that is!!!
Elf

Vancouver, WA

#7 Feb 9, 2009
Well, I thought it was cool, too, at the time. lol But as it turned out, it was Sydney Thornton and we went to his house out on Cane River and while my ex-boyfirend & I were there with him, he came out with some 'white powder' on a fancy gold and diamond 'thingy' that turned out to be cocaine and meth mixed. I was bartending in Natch for a short time then at a place called Sherry's, the old Pickle Barrel and Sydney had been in town on break from football and was a great friend of my boss, Lee Barrett. He was seeing the new bartender that was trining to take my place there so that's how it all came about. Turns out they all had 'things' going on and I was a complete idiot to have not seen it! lol But I didn't want in their little 'group' anyway! lol Sydney had just had a beautiful home built on Cane River..down from Joe Fergurson's home. And oh yea, I got to dine with Joe, too! He was a great guy! Sydney was a good friend of a former school friend of mine that was playing for the Philadelphia Eagles then...Petey Parot. I had known Petey for years and years. Anyway, we all went to a party one night and that's when I found out about the drugs, women, orgy's,..etc...lol I got away FAST!! Petey wasn't into the drugs nor was Joe. Only Sydney & my ex and the rest of the 'common' ppl! lol Needless to say I left Natch...never went back to stay again and got on with my life. I remember being just so disappointed about Syd. The Steeler's were like my heroes, but until the last few yrs. I just didn't care as much for them. But super bowl day it all came back...that 'fondness' I guess you could say. I never saw Syd or Joe after that and Petey I ran into a couple of times in the old Fountain Blue Bar. Been so many yrs ago! My how times has flown cause I'm an old white gal now! lol
Elf

Vancouver, WA

#8 Feb 9, 2009
spell check...Petey Perot oops! lol

deathvalley56

Since: Jan 09

IT'S BUSH'S FAULT!!!

#9 Feb 9, 2009
Elf wrote:
spell check...Petey Perot oops! lol
I remember old Petey Perot. I remember him on the football team. He was a BIG guy too; and I'm not sure if you spelled it right or not either. I spelled it the same way that you did.:) LOL :)

I'll answer your long one later about Sydney. I've got something I would like to share with you about he and I. He just kind of injured my shoulder(s); and my football playing was history after that. I'll get back to you more about this and the other things you said in you other post later. Gotta go right now. But, I'll be back. Later

Oh, one more thing....by the way, while I was on the scout team for NSU, I was still the Biggest Tiger Fan; and I've been one now for 40 years now. Geaux Tigers!!! Later....:):):)
Elf

Vancouver, WA

#10 Feb 9, 2009
deathvalley56 wrote:
<quoted text> I remember old Petey Perot. I remember him on the football team. He was a BIG guy too; and I'm not sure if you spelled it right or not either. I spelled it the same way that you did.:) LOL :)
I'll answer your long one later about Sydney. I've got something I would like to share with you about he and I. He just kind of injured my shoulder(s); and my football playing was history after that. I'll get back to you more about this and the other things you said in you other post later. Gotta go right now. But, I'll be back. Later
Oh, one more thing....by the way, while I was on the scout team for NSU, I was still the Biggest Tiger Fan; and I've been one now for 40 years now. Geaux Tigers!!! Later....:):):)
Yep, Petey was a huge boy! He always was. Even in high school. My high school sweetheart went to St. Mary's with him so that's how I knew Petey. For yrs!!! We all use to go out all the time. One time after all the Fountain Blue nights [my ex played the drums in there with the Parker Bros. band] and Petey and his 'wife' would be in there dancing and drinking, I saw him and her at a laudromat getting their laundry out of a machine. I asked him why he wasn't doing laundry at his house and all he would say was bla, bla, bla.... lol He grew up behind Maggio's. lol But I got the impression that he didn't have any money anymore. I thought that was so sad cause he had come so far. But that's just my guess. Anyway, so Sydney hurt you, uh? He wasn't a little thing himself! He was BIG everytime I eve saw him. That's too bad that you got hurt. Sounds like you would've been a great football player. May I ask what you do now? Or not! lol I just sit around all day and play on here alot! My husband lived in Waskom for YEARS before I met him in S'port and after we met and married I got him to S'port fast as I could! Do you know any Posey's in Waskom? I'll be back later to chat with you. I enjoy it. Gives me something to do and someone 'mysterious' to talk to! lol You just might be kin to my husband or something! lol
Elf

Vancouver, WA

#11 Feb 9, 2009
BTW, I have lots of relatives that went to NSU. A brother or two, a sister-in-law or two and lots of friends! Are you in New Orleans?

deathvalley56

Since: Jan 09

IT'S BUSH'S FAULT!!!

#12 Feb 9, 2009
Elf wrote:
Well, I thought it was cool, too, at the time. lol But as it turned out, it was Sydney Thornton and we went to his house out on Cane River and while my ex-boyfirend & I were there with him, he came out with some 'white powder' on a fancy gold and diamond 'thingy' that turned out to be cocaine and meth mixed. I was bartending in Natch for a short time then at a place called Sherry's, the old Pickle Barrel and Sydney had been in town on break from football and was a great friend of my boss, Lee Barrett. He was seeing the new bartender that was trining to take my place there so that's how it all came about. Turns out they all had 'things' going on and I was a complete idiot to have not seen it! lol But I didn't want in their little 'group' anyway! lol Sydney had just had a beautiful home built on Cane River..down from Joe Fergurson's home. And oh yea, I got to dine with Joe, too! He was a great guy! Sydney was a good friend of a former school friend of mine that was playing for the Philadelphia Eagles then...Petey Parot. I had known Petey for years and years. Anyway, we all went to a party one night and that's when I found out about the drugs, women, orgy's,..etc...lol I got away FAST!! Petey wasn't into the drugs nor was Joe. Only Sydney & my ex and the rest of the 'common' ppl! lol Needless to say I left Natch...never went back to stay again and got on with my life. I remember being just so disappointed about Syd. The Steeler's were like my heroes, but until the last few yrs. I just didn't care as much for them. But super bowl day it all came back...that 'fondness' I guess you could say. I never saw Syd or Joe after that and Petey I ran into a couple of times in the old Fountain Blue Bar. Been so many yrs ago! My how times has flown cause I'm an old white gal now! lol
Sydney 'The Bull' Thornton ... Yes, I remember him very clearly. He had legs as big as most people's waists and some people's chests!!! LOL :) LOL!!! That's pretty cool that you and your ex-boyfriend went to his house on Cane River. I didn't know where he lived. Cocaine and Meth?!?!? LOL LOL I didn't know him very well personally, except for practice; and that's it!:(!
He was part of my football carreer (For what it was meant to be anyway) short. LOL LOL LOL He hurt my shoulder(s) during practice when I was with the scout team (As a walk-on, that is). I was being red shirted if you know what that is.

I used to go to the Pickle Barrel; and I didn't know they changed its name to Sherry's. I don't know Lee Barrett. It's cool that he was seeing the new bartender that was training to take your place. LOL about the things that were going on; not lauging at you, though. You're not an idiot. You might have felt that way. But, who doesn't feel like that every once in a while. We all make mistakes. LOL I've made more than my share; and concerning their little group, I wouldn't want any part of it either if I were you.

Petey didn't just play for Philadelphia, he also played at NSU with Sydney. I don't know for sure if they met there (At NSU). But, that's where I saw both of them for the first (and last time; LOL).

Good old Joe, I remember him too. He played in high school for Woodlawn High School, the Arkansas Razorbacks, and the Buffalo Bills. That's cool you got to dine with Joe. I bet all he talked about was FOOTBALL. LOL LOL LOL!!! That's good that Petey wasn't into drugs, nor was Joe. I admire that!!! Oh my gosh, partying, orgies, drugs, women!!? That's ashame!!! I'm glad you got away fast. That's no place to be anyway.

I've got to go now. But, I would like to leave you with one thing; and here it is .... Geaux Tigers/Go Steelers!!!!!!!!!!
Elf

Vancouver, WA

#13 Feb 9, 2009
LOL All that stuff was so long ago! Sydney was the only 'bad boy' out of all of the guys I knew form NSU. Yes,they did meet at NSU. And they remained good friends after it was all said and done. Syd's house was out past WalMart's on Cane River. It wasn't many houses there when his was built, but they few that was there were those 'rich' ones!It was on the right down there somewhere. And Joe's was down a wee bit farther. Joe didn't really talk about football too much. He was busy entertaining! He was a great host, too! He had a young lady with him that was just so sweet! He ended up marrying her later on. lol But I'm sure you've heard of that pro golfer that was so popular in the middle eighty's. I can't remember his name! But he was there, too. We were all at El Chico's in S'port and the golfer guy walked in...with MR BRADSHAW!!! Terry is a riot! A wonderful guy! His ranch is out of Frierson and it use to be gorgeous! I guess you could say that I knew Syd more than any of them cause he came into the bar so much to see Annette. And he and my boss were doing some 'deals' on the side. lol Oh my, the memories! lol But I was young and pretty back then , but I still didn't like what went on one reason being cause I was so jealous back then! lol I cried MANY nights waiting for that jerk ex of mine to come home form The Keg and other places of interest! I wasted five and a half yrs of my life before I got away from that jerk! I'm a very happy fifty-three old now! lol Don't let me scare you off, tho! I use to have some friends from Natch Academy back then that I went to alot of NSU homecomings with. We use to have the best times. This was in like seventy-three and four. My sister-in-law, Vicki Cheatwood, graduated from NSU and we all were there to celebrate. She just retired from teaching school after all these yrs. My brother David went to NSU. You know, chances are that we use to see each other at the old Pickle Barrel and Lee's Harbour Lights and stuff! How weird is that!? Well, I guess I've probably kept you long enough so I'll turn you loose now! Getting ready for the snow to move in tonight. I LOVE it! lol I agree with you.....GEAUX TIGERS!!!!!!!! Oh yea, I have a great friend that went to LSU for a long time. He's from Coushatta. His name is Ken.
Elf

Vancouver, WA

#14 Feb 9, 2009
I think we're about the same age! Do you know me?! lol Have a great night!

deathvalley56

Since: Jan 09

IT'S BUSH'S FAULT!!!

#15 Feb 9, 2009
Elf,

1st of all, when I said I used to go to the Pickle Barrel, I was thinking 'The Keg' for some odd reason. I know you remember The Keg; don't you? You said something about it in your post; I forgot. But, I don't remember The Pickle Barrel; it's been way too long ago to remember too many details.

Also, I think that's really cool and everything concerning Sydney's and Joe's house. I never knew that Joe lived there at all. He went to the University of Arkansas.; and I, especially didn't know that they both lived in big houses and everything. That must have been after their pro carreers or something. Otherwise (LOL), I don't see how either of them would have the money to have such big houses. LOL :) LOL!!!; and what I heard from this girl that I know very well (One that went out with Joe), is that Football is all Joe talked about to her on her date(s). Well, I guess, he didn't talk about football too much with you... that is, if you didn't want to hear it ALL THE TIME. LOL! Joe just wore her out with it, that's all! LOL But, it is great that he was such a great host to you; and that he such a nice young lady that was nice, whom he married later on. That's cool!!! Possibly, that pro golfer couldn've been either Hal Sutton from Centenary or David Toms from LSU; and I bet that had to be very exciting for you to see Terry Bradshaw walk in with that pro golfer. I can only imagine!!! But, what a drag it had to be to see Sydney and your boss doing some deals on the inside!!!:(:(:( I can really see why you didn't like what was going on back then. It sounds really pitiful to me too!!!:(:(:( It sounds really good that you got rid of the ex-jerk of yours to me, from what all you're telling me. Like I've already mentioned, I used to go to The Keg just to have a few drinks myself. But, believe it or not, I never even tried to pick up ANYONE; scouts honor. LOL .... And you can just call those 5 1/2 years a learning experience. If you didn't learn from it, it WAS WASTED. But, if you did learn from it, it definitely WAS NOT WASTED, young lady!!! That's a fact, too!!!

By the way, you're not scaring me off. But, I am married to a beautiful young lady. It doesn't hurt to be friends and communicate about old times though. I don't know if I went to the old Pickle Barrel or not and I don't know what Lee's Harbour Lights. However, I did go to the Natchitoches Christmas lights countless amounts of times, though. LOL Snow? What's that? LOL :):) LOL :):)!!! It snows hear less than ever 1-3 blue moons. LOL!!! It's also cool that you had a brother, David that went to NSU and that you knew this guy (Ken) who went to LSU, and that he's from Coushatta. I think Sidney coached for Coushatta after his pro carreer with the Steelers, didn't he?

But, all I've got to conclude with is this: Geaux Tigers!!!!!!!!!
Elf

Vancouver, WA

#16 Feb 10, 2009
I remembered the 'golfer's' name last night in bed...it was Hal Sutton! lol You, my friend, are a smart man and I get the feeling that you, my friend, are a sports nut!!! lol :) Nothing wrong with that! Ya know, I did get out of that horrible relationship, but it took quiet a trumatic experience for me to wake up and get out! The jerk shot me five times with a twenty-two pistol! This happened in Bossier City in nineteen eighty-five...I was trying to get away from him and he ran me down in the car. I had made it to Syle's Auto Parts by the airforce base and he got out of his car and came to my car window and started shooting! I opened my door to get away and he got me twice by the spine. God had to be watching out for me cause I spent only eight days in LSU trauma unit and went home with a rib that had been shattered by one bullet and a lung that had been collasped, but I was ok! He spent a lot of time in jail! lol I have often asked myself why I let things go that far, but I 'thought' I loved him and now the thought of him makes me ill!!! lol He's a professional drumme some where now, but I KNOW for a fact he's been in prison for a FEW DWI's and for drug possession. What a loser! My husband and I have been married for a little over twenty yrs. now and just as in love now as we ever were. We adopted my grandson when he was two and are raising him as our own. He will be thirteen in March. A wonderful boy! IF you have myspace I am on there. If you let me know I'll get you my name...if you haven't figured it out by now. lol I don't know if I've told you my first name or not, but you should know the last name from a previous post. I am so happy that you have a great wife! And to have a friend is a great thing, too. I'm not looking for anything outside of that. I just thought the LSU thing was great conversation. My friend Ken went there for like five yrs and is now in the medical field. We only met about six months ago on another forum, but as it turned out he knows alot of my old friends in Coushatta. I really hope you have a great day. I am watching the snow flakes fall and am wishing my mom and sister were here to watch it with me. They'll be here in the spring. I miss my family, but we love it out here and I hate the heat in the south so we plan to retire here in a few yrs. My husband works for Shell Oil Products. I'll talk to you later! GEAUX TIGERS!!!!
Elf

Vancouver, WA

#17 Feb 13, 2009
Well, sorry I ran you off! I figured I would, but everything I've written is true! I wish you & your wife the best of everything. I just thought it was fun talking about SOME of the old days. I was never bragging or boasting...it all happened. GEAUX TIGERS!!!!!!!

deathvalley56

Since: Jan 09

IT'S BUSH'S FAULT!!!

#18 Feb 13, 2009
Elf wrote:
Well, sorry I ran you off! I figured I would, but everything I've written is true! I wish you & your wife the best of everything. I just thought it was fun talking about SOME of the old days. I was never bragging or boasting...it all happened. GEAUX TIGERS!!!!!!!
no, you didn't run me off........been busy........and it has been good talking about some of the old days.......and i don't doubt that everything you said is true..........it's very interesting.......i never thought you were bragging at all.....everything i told you was true too......sydney ending my football carreer and all....well, i don't know if exactly ended it or what....but, he sprained my shoulder(s) bad; and because of that, i didn't play anymore, even though playing for lsu would've been a dream.......sort of like 'Rudy' in Notre Dame, where he got to live his dream by dressing out in South Bend for the Fighting Irish..........i would've liked the same thing for the Fightin' Tigers! geaux tigers!
Elf

Vancouver, WA

#19 Feb 13, 2009
deathvalley56 wrote:
<quoted text>
no, you didn't run me off........been busy........and it has been good talking about some of the old days.......and i don't doubt that everything you said is true..........it's very interesting.......i never thought you were bragging at all.....everything i told you was true too......sydney ending my football carreer and all....well, i don't know if exactly ended it or what....but, he sprained my shoulder(s) bad; and because of that, i didn't play anymore, even though playing for lsu would've been a dream.......sort of like 'Rudy' in Notre Dame, where he got to live his dream by dressing out in South Bend for the Fighting Irish..........i would've liked the same thing for the Fightin' Tigers! geaux tigers!
I know what you mean, I think. And it's such a shame that your career ended before it really began. Big bully Thornton! lol As long as you are able to live your life the way you want to now is all that matters, I guess. BTW, Happy Valentine's Day to you and the Mrs.! Hope you have a great day together. It's just something so 'romantical' about Cupid shooting someone in the heart with an arrow! lol

deathvalley56

Since: Jan 09

IT'S BUSH'S FAULT!!!

#20 Feb 14, 2009
Elf wrote:
<quoted text>I know what you mean, I think. And it's such a shame that your career ended before it really began. Big bully Thornton! lol As long as you are able to live your life the way you want to now is all that matters, I guess. BTW, Happy Valentine's Day to you and the Mrs.! Hope you have a great day together. It's just something so 'romantical' about Cupid shooting someone in the heart with an arrow! lol
Yeah....It was just meant to be.....concerning Sydney.....If he didn't do it, it still might have happened. It was probably inevitable because football is a collision sport.....not just a contact sport, and there are other BIG guys besides Sydney that I would've had to play against......or in this case with (On the same team during practice LOL).

We had a great day today.....one of the best Valentines Days that I've ever had, in fact; and likewise, I hope you had a very Happy Valentines Day too. LOL about your last statement too. Later........

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 9
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Marshall Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Did William Thomas Scott of Scottsville have an... Jul 24 Marjie 2
crooked car salesperson Jul 20 cassie 4
in the closet Jul 20 chested 2
Easy money Jul 16 Shell2142015 1
Zoom Broadband Is Coming To Jefferson Jul 8 TeamZoom 1
Whay are they Jun '16 maybellene 3
Election Who do you support for State Board of Education... (Oct '10) Jun '16 robert 994

Marshall Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Marshall Mortgages