Longview, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 15, 2010

Judged:

Judge Hughey let a man walk away from thousands of dollars of back child support. Why? Does he have something against men taking care of their responsibilities? Does he have a secret that he is hiding? Why should a man like this hold public office? People need to know this story! How many of you have had a case tried by him or by Bonnie Leggett? He took a ruling that she made and basically said it meant nothing because she didn't have a court reporter in the room. If you had a case by her then you should see if there was a court reporter and do what my ex did and get him to grant you a retrial. This is the example he has set. Maybe everyone should look into this. He took a waiver that was signed in March of 2008 that was supposed to be for the time period leading up to that hearing and turned it around and made it good at our last hearing in 2010! Let me get this straight, he is willing to allow something filed at the original hearing in Judge Leggett's court but won't actually allow her ruling to stand! This was a lazy way out of looking at the facts and making a proper judgment. Perhaps he was paid off...who knows? At any rate he did not do the right thing my myself or my children. How many other women has he screwed? He needs to be stopped. I would like to know who plans to run against him in his re-election bid. I would like to be a spokesperson for that candidate!
frank

Longview, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 15, 2010

Judged:

Did you have any kind of support from your Lawyer or was it a court appointed lawyer? I can't believe he got away with what you are saying he did..He will not be getting my vote or from anyone I can reach out to
Concerned citizen

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 15, 2010

Judged:

I too know of bad judgement calls made by this judge. Letting drug dealers go. He has no business sitting on the bench and should be impeached. He is an idiot and does not do the position any "justice"
waskom resident

Shreveport, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 16, 2010

Judged:

Judge Hughey is an honest man. He is a Christian and in my opinion a very fair man. I am very glad that he is the Judge and hope he sits in that chair for MANY years to come. If there is a problem with your case, PLEASE, your attorney did not do his/her job very well and needs to take care of the problem.
I pray whoever is having problems, they are taken care of, and good luck with everything!!!
angry citizen

Longview, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 17, 2010

Judged:

frank wrote:
Did you have any kind of support from your Lawyer or was it a court appointed lawyer? I can't believe he got away with what you are saying he did..He will not be getting my vote or from anyone I can reach out to
I had a lawyer. It has been a horrible experience dealing with the Harrison County court system. I would love to find out how to get an impeachment process started! He needs to leave the bench. He is one of the worst judges I have seen. What is even more pathetic is the fact that my ex is in contempt of many violations of our decree and no one will enforce anything. I just don't understand why they bother writing a decree, filing it, and try to make it seem so official when it takes an act of congress to get what is in the decree. My ex has had 3 different lawyers over the course of the past 3 years. He had the money to pay retainers 3 times and everyone knows how expensive that is, and the judge just let him walk free and clear of the $20,000+ in back child support that he owed.
Concerned citizen

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 18, 2010

Judged:

Judge hughey did it again. He sentenced a guy to 15 years for burglary attempted sexual assault and he even stabbed the poor woman. This guy dosent know the word justice. He needs to b impeached. Now.
Harrison county resident

Henderson, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 18, 2010

angry citizen wrote:
<quoted text>
I had a lawyer. It has been a horrible experience dealing with the Harrison County court system. I would love to find out how to get an impeachment process started! He needs to leave the bench. He is one of the worst judges I have seen. What is even more pathetic is the fact that my ex is in contempt of many violations of our decree and no one will enforce anything. I just don't understand why they bother writing a decree, filing it, and try to make it seem so official when it takes an act of congress to get what is in the decree. My ex has had 3 different lawyers over the course of the past 3 years. He had the money to pay retainers 3 times and everyone knows how expensive that is, and the judge just let him walk free and clear of the $20,000+ in back child support that he owed.
here you go

http://www.oag.state.tx.us/cs/index.shtml
Harrison County Mom

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 21, 2010

Judged:

I've been told by two different attorney's that I had consultations with, to try and avoid him. They explained what happened with their clients and it was very scary. Neither attorney was told by me about the other attorney, so it came from a separate office and current information.

I will just have to drive a very long way to find a attorney where my original case was handled. I don't want to go before this judge. One of the attorney's mentioned that she is never made speechless but he left her speechless that day; The judge let a child leave the courthouse with his drunk father!
Disappointed

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 2, 2010

Judged:

I had this judge & it was a joke . I have lived in Marshall most of my life ,my ex is well known there as well .My lawyer was terrible & didn't realize my husbands lawyer & mine use to work together & were friends so in the Divorce I got nothing , had to beg for my clothes oh, wait I was left with the bills & my son was 12 @ time & didn't want to leave his house so I had to pay child support . I had proof of my ex drinking ,poping pills, & even let my son fall out of back of a truck when he didn't even notice because he was drunk . The judge did nothing to help. After divorce was over my ex through my son out ,I had papers that he did & back to court we went my ex decided he wanted him back after 7months ,we went to council ,my ex stalked me called child protective services on me ,they proved he was unfit,& lied to cps,so I told my lawyer just have him pay what it cost me to go back to court ,& pay my child support back to me because it seems my ex can do whatever he wants & I can't afford to fight ,remember I was left with nothing ,not even a roof over my head.this judge gave my son back to my ex knowing his backgrounds & as far as money my ex told the judge he lived off of the land & owns his own biz but only made 2000.00 that year so the judge said you have 4 years to pay 20% of her lawyer fees that I never saw. ShIn I got nothing & my ex is still acting bad driving a 40 thousand dollar truck , living in my house , with my son. It's a joke... I never in my life could imagine someone so bad getting away with everything , he is friends with cops too they party together so nothing will ever happen. I just pray my son stays safe. Be is no judge ,if so he would have helped in some way .I think he was bought off as well.
Harrison County Mom wrote:
I've been told by two different attorney's that I had consultations with, to try and avoid him. They explained what happened with their clients and it was very scary. Neither attorney was told by me about the other attorney, so it came from a separate office and current information.
I will just have to drive a very long way to find a attorney where my original case was handled. I don't want to go before this judge. One of the attorney's mentioned that she is never made speechless but he left her speechless that day; The judge let a child leave the courthouse with his drunk father!
Disappointed

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 2, 2010

Judged:

The paper that my decree was written on is worth more than the words on it .... contempt doesn't exist in this judges court room, I do not understand how women can tell the judge,lawyers,& police that they are afraid their ex will kill them ,and nothing is done about it ....then they find her lifeless and act supprised that ,that could happen ... what is wrong with our judicial system ? It makes me sick .... AVOID this judge .
Disappointed

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 2, 2010

Judged:

I use to have faith in the judicial system, I am a christian as well ,never done drugs & might have 1/2 of mix drink once a year I'm not perfect but I was a great mother that had no money to fight my ex , my ex was a bad person ,violent ,drunk & crazy & he let my son stay with him & I had to pay child support even when I had no job ... my ex lied to him & got away with it . This judge should have looked at facts instead he gave him everything & put my son in danger .... I pray every night that I don't get a call telling me my ex caused the death of my son because this judge chose not to address these issues ,so I'm sure in church he is a nice Christian but that does not help me when my son tells me he had to drive his doped up drunken dad home because he couldn't even stand ,& my son is not old enough to drive ,so I'm sorry I feel bad twards him if you were in my shoes you might see it differently
waskom resident wrote:
Judge Hughey is an honest man. He is a Christian and in my opinion a very fair man. I am very glad that he is the Judge and hope he sits in that chair for MANY years to come. If there is a problem with your case, PLEASE, your attorney did not do his/her job very well and needs to take care of the problem.
I pray whoever is having problems, they are taken care of, and good luck with everything!!!
angry citizen

Tyler, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 3, 2010

Judged:

Harrison County Mom wrote:
WOW!!! He should be arrested for child endangerment! Please avoid going to his court if you have a choice. He is awful.

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2010

I found this blog very HARD to read, not because of the content but because of grammar and spelling. Please people......
angry citizen

Tyler, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2010

Judged:

Disappointed wrote:
I use to have faith in the judicial system, I am a christian as well ,never done drugs & might have 1/2 of mix drink once a year I'm not perfect but I was a great mother that had no money to fight my ex , my ex was a bad person ,violent ,drunk & crazy & he let my son stay with him & I had to pay child support even when I had no job ... my ex lied to him & got away with it . This judge should have looked at facts instead he gave him everything & put my son in danger .... I pray every night that I don't get a call telling me my ex caused the death of my son because this judge chose not to address these issues ,so I'm sure in church he is a nice Christian but that does not help me when my son tells me he had to drive his doped up drunken dad home because he couldn't even stand ,& my son is not old enough to drive ,so I'm sorry I feel bad twards him if you were in my shoes you might see it differently <quoted text>
I know exactly where you are coming from. I have been researching how to start the process for impeachment and am planning to do a protest against him in the near future. Anyone interested can join me. He has no business being in office. He does not look at facts and does not think rationally about each case. I believe it just depends on his mood of the day. The sad part is that he does "pretend" to be a christian man. He even attends the same church as me. Every time I see him it makes me sick to know that this man has made so many bad choices. He needs to leave office. The sooner the better so that more people are not hurt by his careless regard the needs of the people he represents.
Concerned Citizen

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2011

If you did not get what you wanted in your case just maybe the Facts and or the Law did not support your position. Also check your Facts the individual in the Aggravated Assault case not Sexual Assault case received 30 Years not 15 Years.
Concerned Citizen

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2011

Concerned citizen wrote:
Judge hughey did it again. He sentenced a guy to 15 years for burglary attempted sexual assault and he even stabbed the poor woman. This guy dosent know the word justice. He needs to b impeached. Now.

The guy was actually charged with Aggravated Assault with a Deadly Weapon and sentence 30 years in Prison not 15.
Marshall Resident

Washington, DC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 13, 2011

Judged:

I know Judge Hughey both professionally and personally. The man is fair and honest. Is he perfect, I doubt it. But I believe that justice is always served in his courtroom.
angry citizen

Tyler, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 14, 2011

Judged:

Well, then you are being played for a fool. There is nothing fair in his court room.
Marshall Resident wrote:
I know Judge Hughey both professionally and personally. The man is fair and honest. Is he perfect, I doubt it. But I believe that justice is always served in his courtroom.
sick of this judge

Longview, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2011

Judged:

angry citizen wrote:
<quoted text>
I know exactly where you are coming from. I have been researching how to start the process for impeachment and am planning to do a protest against him in the near future. Anyone interested can join me. He has no business being in office. He does not look at facts and does not think rationally about each case. I believe it just depends on his mood of the day. The sad part is that he does "pretend" to be a christian man. He even attends the same church as me. Every time I see him it makes me sick to know that this man has made so many bad choices. He needs to leave office. The sooner the better so that more people are not hurt by his careless regard the needs of the people he represents.
Please help and get involved with Brad Morin's campaign. He is running against Hughey in the Republican Primary in March; his campaign should open soon and please please please get the word out and support Brad; he will be the complete opposite of Hughey on the bench.
sick of this judge

Longview, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2011

Judged:

Hughey did it again. In Sept., 2011 he took a plea from a guy who had committed their 7th (you heard it right 7) Dwi. Hughey sentenced him to 7 yrs. in the penatentary (the right thing to do) then 2 weeks later, after he made the paper with this good press, he secretly called the lawyers in and put the guy on the docket and reversed his decision and put the guy on probation. The citizens ought to really feel safe on the road with a judge that put perpetual drunks that drive back on the street. He Has To Go!!!!!!!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
Marshall Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Marshall Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••