First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Friend

Lancaster, TX

#1 Jul 28, 2008
I would like to begin a prayer list. School will be beginning soon, I pray that our children will be safe. I heard on the news last night that volunteerism is continuously falling, I pray that God will lead us help our community. Many are struggling with the economy right now, I pray that we may find a way to keep children from going to bed hungry. I also pray that God will continue to work within me and my family as we search for a church home.
Dixie

United States

#2 Jul 30, 2008
I think this is a great idea. Please pray for me and my family, also a co-worker who just lost his grandmother.
Dixie

Sulphur Springs, TX

#3 Aug 4, 2008
Thank you for your prayers! Let us continue to pray for one another, our families and our community.
My grandfather

Henderson, TX

#4 Aug 11, 2008
Please pray for my grandfather, he was in a bad accident in De Berry Friday the 1st. He has a head injury and some other problems please lift him up in your prayers...
Friend

Tyler, TX

#5 Aug 18, 2008
I just recieved an urgent prayer request prayer request for a 7 year old boy who is very ill, please remember him and his family in your prayers.
Dixie

London, TX

#6 Aug 20, 2008
Again, please pray that our children remain safe as this school year begins, give them courage to stand up for what they beleive and help us all recognize oppourtunities to witness to the lost.
Ed Bowman

United States

#7 Aug 20, 2008
Several meet at Waskom's First Presbyterian Church (315 West Texas Ave.) every Friday morning at 8:00 AM for community based prayer. We are asking God for a grand awakening the scale of the 18th century revivals of Whitfield and Edwards. We pray for gospel preaching/teaching ministers and ministries and for the faithful in their witnessing efforts concerning salvation through Jesus Christ, the advance of Christ's kingdom and the health & vitality of Christ-centered, cross-focused local churches. Come join us in our calling. Free coffee.
Saved

United States

#8 Aug 20, 2008
Hello everyone. People go to topix to read the lastest gossip in Osceola. I just wanted to say that Jesus is the best thing that has ever happened to me. Could we start posting what God is doing in our lives and sharing the news of Jesus? What a way to witness. All things are possible with God and I believe that we should stop all the gossip about others lives and try to fill these pages with the good news of Jesus. There are people out there hurting and dying everyday and don't know that Jesus can be there healer, provider and friend. Please join me in making TOPIX a better site.
JAY

United States

#9 Aug 20, 2008
Our God IS an awesome God!!!! He will return. Are you ready?
Ed Bowman

United States

#10 Aug 21, 2008
Jesus is indeed the awesome God. "Saved" in Tyler is right, essentially saying what the writer of Hebrews 10:24-25 encourages saying “let us consider how to stimulate one another to love and good deeds,[25] not forsaking our own assembling together, as is the habit of some, but encouraging one another; and all the more as you see the day drawing near.” This verse also reflects the idea that “Jay” refers to also. Jesus said he would return and so far, he’s batting 1,000 on all his predictions. It is a good way to witness by posting comments but let me suggest a better way. Make a commitment to ask two questions each day of at least one person. First, ask either someone you know or don’t know “If you were to die today are you certain you would go to heaven or are you still working that one out?” Their answer tells if they believe they are safe with the Almighty. Second, ask “If you were to die today and found yourself standing before God and suppose he asked you,‘why should I let you into my heaven?’ what would you answer?” Their answer may tell you in what they are trusting for their eternal safety. Jesus took his disciples on the road with him in order to train them in the real world. He didn’t ask them to sit down and write notes to strangers but encouraged them in face-to-face relationship building situations, though many of them fell into arguments, still a large number believed. Posting witnessing comments may be good to help you hone your skill but actually meeting face-to-face will go much further.
Ed Bowman

United States

#11 Aug 21, 2008
By the way, the prayer group meeting at First Presbyterian Church is in Waskom, not Henderson. I am not sure why I am listed as being in Henderson.
Dixie

Mount Pleasant, TX

#12 Aug 21, 2008
This is great. I have never really known how to approach others regarding Christ, Thank you for the advice.
Friend

United States

#13 Aug 25, 2008
Please pray for a friend of mine as her father goes for medical testing this week. Thank you.
Truth

United States

#14 Aug 27, 2008
Give God what's right -- not what's left.
Man's way leads to a hopeless end -- God's way leads to an endless hope.
A lot of kneeling will keep you in good standing.
He who kneels before God can stand before anyone.
In the sentence of life, the devil may be a comma--but never let him be the period.
Don't put a question mark where God puts a period.
Are you wrinkled with burden? Come to the church for a face-lift.
When praying, don't give God instructions - just report for duty.
Don't wait for six strong men to take you to church.
We don't change God's message -- His message changes us.
The church is prayer-conditioned.
When God ordains, He sustains.
WARNING: Exposure to the Son may prevent burning.
Plan ahead -- It wasn't raining when Noah built the ark.
Most people want to serve God, but only in an advisory position.
Suffering from truth decay? Brush up on your Bible.
Exercise daily -- walk with the Lord.
Never give the devil a ride -- he will always want to drive.
Nothing else ruins the truth like stretching it.
Compassion is difficult to give away because it keeps coming back.
He who angers you controls you.
Worry is the darkroom in which negatives can develop.
Give Satan an inch &he'll be a ruler.
Be ye fishers of men -- you catch them &He'll clean them..
God doesn't call the qualified, He qualifies the called.
Read the Bible -- It will scare the hell out of you.
joan

Shelbyville, TX

#15 Aug 27, 2008
please pray for my family and i on our move back to ohio. we leave on the 4th . thank you and god bless all
Dixie

United States

#16 Sep 3, 2008
Lets pray for all of the families affected by the hurricanes and remember that there are still storms brewing.
cgb

Longview, TX

#17 Sep 15, 2008
Please pray for our family and friends as this will be the first holiday season coming up, without my Dad (cancer). He was a WWII veteran, let's all pray for the veterans' families during the season too and for the active duty and THEIR families. Thank you.
friend

Sulphur Springs, TX

#18 Sep 24, 2008
Lets pray for our nation as the election approaches and remember that God is in control.
Dixie

United States

#19 Oct 2, 2008
I have recently begun a new spirtual journey, please remember me in your prayers. I think this prayer thread is great, I have seen several prayer chains lately and am amazed thateach time I click on this site, Prayer List seems to be at the top of the list. I am glad to see that it continues.
friend

United States

#20 Oct 13, 2008
Let every soul be subject to the governing authorities. For there is no authority except from God, and the authorities that exist are appointed by God. Render therefore to all their due: taxes to whom taxes are due, customs to whom customs, fear to whom fear, honor to whom honor. Romans 13:1-7 Please Pray for our nation.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Marshall Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Election Who do you support for State Board of Education... (Oct '10) 3 hr Farts 900
Election Who do you support for State Board of Education... (Oct '10) 3 hr Farters 742
Review: Ashton's Wrecker Service Jun 27 Your daddy was a ... 1
Election Who do you support for Attorney General in Texa... (Oct '10) Jun 15 Still Farting 728
Water pressure issues. May '15 New to the town 1
Tease me Mar '15 Fmg 1
Republic Industries Feb '15 Annonomous 1
More from around the web

Marshall People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Marshall Mortgages