Two NC Senate Candidates Clash Over Gays' 'Choice'

Oct 22, 2010 Full story: EDGEsanfrancisco.com News Feed 8

The two [North Carolina] major-party candidates for U.S. Senate on Thursday accused each other of lying in competing television ads and on the campaign trail and tackled the touchy issue of whether gays and lesbians are born or choose to be that way.

Full Story

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#1 Oct 22, 2010
Now that takes Huevos !!

Since: Apr 07

Philadelphia, PA

#2 Oct 22, 2010
Right, NO OTHER state of being is questioned by elements of the public at large. NO OTHER condition is questioned by elements of the public at large. ONLY orientation is a matter on which EVERYONE is magically "an expert" and yet ignores the testimony of the gay people themselves.

ONLY with orientation do *complete strangers* know better than gay people what *they* have been through,*their* histories, the factors that show that THEY would know better than anyone that their own orientation was not chosen. Worse yet, by logic heterosexual orientation is not chosen and *therefore the anti-gay have proof that neither is homosexual orientation*, within themselves.

The lies they tell are PURELY political, PURELY fear-based, PURELY meant to attempt to destroy families and the lives of children. Nothing more.

By continuing to scream it's a choice choice choice, they hope endlessly to bring people to their own discriminatory, rapist side of this debate.

And if that person had said to me, "Don't bring race into this," that person would have gotten a ***k of an earful in return. Ohhhh, you don't wanna know. You don't wanna know. "What the hell did you just say to me?" -- in all likelihood, repeated twice -- would have been the first several words out of my mouth, and that would have been just the beginning.

Location hidden

#3 Oct 22, 2010
We really DO outnumber them.

All we have to do is GET OUT THE f*ing VOTE.

Philadelphia, PA

#5 Oct 23, 2010
I don't disagree, but I am beginning to wonder what is wrong with a system where you have to EXHORT people to GET OFF THEIR DAMN ASSES to GO OUT and vote. I am wondering if agitation should not begin to occur to attempt to *change the way voting occurs*, so that people DON'T have to leave their homes.

Then again, on the internet, people *constantly* have an issue with every idea suggested so I rarely have much interest in suggesting ideas. I have a *RABID* belief in my ideas, but it doesn't seem to translate to other people

who it appears

would rather do things

the hard way.

Location hidden

#6 Oct 23, 2010
This Administration is being blacked-out by an intransigent media. Oh, they are reporting, but ONLY on two topics. The rest of his taking points and (brilliant) explanations are being ignored infavor of soundbites on two issues. The media is pandering to their souce of income ... advertisers ... effectively pounding the drum for economic republicans.

I've been listening to recordings of the President's backyard meetings, and the media isn't really covering them. Cherry picking.

We really NEED to get out the vote to counteract this.

Philadelphia, PA

#7 Oct 23, 2010
snyper wrote:
This Administration is being blacked-out by an intransigent media. Oh, they are reporting, but ONLY on two topics. The rest of his taking points and (brilliant) explanations are being ignored infavor of soundbites on two issues. The media is pandering to their souce of income ... advertisers ... effectively pounding the drum for economic republicans.
I've been listening to recordings of the President's backyard meetings, and the media isn't really covering them. Cherry picking.
We really NEED to get out the vote to counteract this.
I'm not surprised. The fifth season of THE WIRE dealt with the media and the way in which *EVERYTHING* handed to us is filtered through perceptions that speak for dollars dollars dollars.

Location hidden

#8 Oct 23, 2010
Loved that series !

Seen the Canadian series "Intelligence" ? It's not as issue-driven, but still a good watch.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0845746/episodes

Philadelphia, PA

#9 Oct 23, 2010
I will look into that, and thank you.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Marshall Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
NC Who do you support for U.S. Senate in North Car... (Oct '10) 3 min Liberal forever 60,118
Call for DA Ron Moore to Step Down Immediately 16 min James 15
N.C. Dunkin' Donuts bakery sued for religious d... 1 hr sitka happy 321
Vietnam War: The Tragedy 2 hr Dixie Hillbilly 14
Asheville, Sedona of the East 2 hr Dixie Hillbilly 4
USA Today conducts online poll to determine nat... 2 hr Dixie Hillbilly 6
Do you approve of Tim Moffitt as State Represen... (Jan '12) 3 hr xrepub 80

Marshall Jobs

Marshall People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Marshall News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Marshall

Personal Finance