News-Record & Sentinel: Madison man f...

News-Record & Sentinel: Madison man faces multiple felony charg...

There are 11 comments on the Asheville Citizen-Times story from Mar 19, 2009, titled News-Record & Sentinel: Madison man faces multiple felony charg.... In it, Asheville Citizen-Times reports that:

A Madison County man is facing six counts of felony cruelty to animals after authorities seized 11 horses and two mules from his property.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Asheville Citizen-Times.

andy

Athens, GA

#1 Mar 19, 2009
This man has done this before?

Confine him to a dark stall for 6 months and let him live in his own filth, like he did to the stallion.

Since: Nov 08

The Mountains of WNC

#3 Mar 19, 2009
Burn him. People like this moron don't deserve mercy for they gave none.
Animal Lover

Sherrills Ford, NC

#4 Mar 19, 2009
From the WLOS-TV report and at first, I thought that this man had just gotten in over his head. But after reading these past charges and the fact that Madison County tried to get him to give up some animals, I think that he should receive NO MERCY.
Remember When

Asheville, NC

#5 Mar 19, 2009
What a dirt bag. He should never be allowed to own animals again. Starvation is too good for him.
Animals Need Better Help

United States

#6 Mar 19, 2009
Please please please people we must speed up the reaction time to these cruelty cases. I do not understand why these animals had to suffer all this time when Sheriff Ledford says outright that he is "familiar with Mr. Roberts and issues in the past with his having livestock". That tells me that the very people that have the authority to do SOMETHING sat on this particular case long enough for these animals to suffer horribly, and the only did SOMETHING "when they recieved a warning that the animals might be killed". This makes no sense to me.
A Better Understanding

Weaverville, NC

#7 Mar 19, 2009
If you will read the story carefully (and the other stories that have been printed and on the news regarding these horses) it states that Animal Control has been working with the owner for several months trying to get him to surrender the animals or find new homes for them. Unfortuantely, there are rules and laws that have to be followed, you can't just go and take someone's animal because you don't like the way they look. The current staff worked diligently on this case for months to build enough evidence for this case. Get your facts straight before you start blaming others. If people would take responsibility for their animals, there wouldn't be a need for animal control. Please check out WLOS.com and Madisoncountyenews.com for more information on this case and then make your judgements about "the people who have the authority."
LOL_at_U

United States

#8 Mar 19, 2009
This loser should never be allowed to have any kind of animal again. He should have to suffer the same living conditions these poor animals had to endure. I know who this guy is. He has nothing positive to contribute to society. I hope they do absolutely everything possible to see that he pays the maximum penalty. Death Row would be a good start.
damn

Dillon, SC

#9 Mar 19, 2009
I know Frank. He's a junkshow and an odd bird but I never would have thought this. He seems so caring. Maybe there's two 55 year old Frank Roberts in Madison County? I hope.

“Yes, he is real!”

Since: Mar 09

Mars Hill, NC

#10 Mar 20, 2009
damn wrote:
I know Frank. He's a junkshow and an odd bird but I never would have thought this. He seems so caring. Maybe there's two 55 year old Frank Roberts in Madison County? I hope.
It was reported that this is the Frank Roberts that owns Roberts Realty.
You dont say

Asheville, NC

#11 Mar 20, 2009
"Beneath a stand of pines were the bleached bones of a cow which animal control said died previously."

Died previously? Can't get anything past those animal control folks.
damn

Maxton, NC

#12 Mar 20, 2009
Madison County Bigfoot wrote:
<quoted text>It was reported that this is the Frank Roberts that owns Roberts Realty.
Thanks, that's him. I don't know him very well but i always liked him. He seems so scattered, like he's always nose to the grindstone busy but can't ever seem to get anything done. I always felt a little sorry for him, always struggling. he told me he was going to open a boot store in his Reality office because then he could sell boots to people who were interested in his properties because many of them you had to walk to, that was his logic and you can see it's not quite right. When I first saw this I was hoping maybe he'd gotten into the middle of trying to rescue the horses himself. he strikes me as someone who would have heard an old horse was going to be put down and thinking he was helping would take the horse on his own to prevent it. I saw him not too long ago and he mentioned he'd lost money on some houses with a partner. He seemed not to be his usual self. I'm not defending him, just thinking out loud, I have such a hard time believing it. I hope maybe somewhere some psychiatric evaluation could take place, I don't feel i'm that bad a judge of character.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Marshall Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News It's the Darwin crowd that lacks the facts in e... (Mar '09) 23 min River Tam 163,759
Wanda Greene under investigation by FBI 1 hr Gin Mill 5
BRING BACK Our FORUMS! 4 hr Gim Mill 22
Where is the best swingers hangout hotspot? 4 hr Gim Mill 6
Blame it On The Police 4 hr Asheville Native 2
The Favorites Didn't Make It 9 hr cost u a bundle 14
News Wondering what happened to city's panhandling law (Sep '07) 9 hr Scarlet 89

Marshall Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Marshall Mortgages