News-Record & Sentinel: Marshall repo...

News-Record & Sentinel: Marshall reported to OSHA (20090402)

There are 7 comments on the Asheville Citizen-Times story from Apr 2, 2009, titled News-Record & Sentinel: Marshall reported to OSHA (20090402). In it, Asheville Citizen-Times reports that:

A Marshall architect who volunteered to give guidance on renovations for the new Marshall town hall has filed a complaint with the Occupational, Safety and Health Administration, saying the town may have improperly removed asbestos from the building.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Asheville Citizen-Times.

DSJ

United States

#1 Apr 2, 2009
As much respect as I have for Ms. Bond as the ongoing volunteer consulting architect, is it not her responsibility to inform her client up front of OSHA regulations pertaining to the work she recommends, rather than reporting them to OSHA after the fact? She always prefaces her criticism by saying she doesn't mean to point fingers, but she hasn't done the City any favors lately.

I would also like to point out that the glass window panes on the street facing side of the building are and have been open, and mostly broken. There have been fallen, jagged fragments of glass on the sidewalk beneath them for at least a month and it hasn't been removed. There is also a danger of more glass falling from the windows onto workers or passersby or otherwise injuring people. It would seem common sense to remove the glass before the hazard injures someone.
Ann Ryder

AOL

#2 Apr 2, 2009
Ms. Bond must be a relative newcomer to the area. She just doesn't realize that Larry Leake and his gang can do whatever they want to do without fear of legal retribution.
why Oh why

Asheville, NC

#3 Apr 2, 2009
Ms. Bond must have a bone to pick with someone..Is she scorned?
riverworm

AOL

#4 Apr 2, 2009
Ann Ryder put it very well
wells

Maxton, NC

#5 Apr 2, 2009
Being an Architect myself, I understand where Ms. Bond is coming from, but I question if she has been in this area very long and understands how to get things done.

She is another product of the Liberal Green agenda being pushed down everyone's throat. I educate my client's to green building practices and their initial cost versus long term payback. Not all clients want to do it. It may be easier for the clients to save the money on the initial cost and to pay a little more each year for utilities due to cash flow reasons. Just a guess.

I wonder why all these militant green people can't understand that not everything is done the way you think it should be done.

As a fellow professional, I would say that she is correct in her advice, assessment of the situation, and way things should be done, but that does not constitute her right to force her values on someone not willing to do it "her way."

Being a whistle blower is bad for the profession and just bad for business. I am sure people in areas of WNC are just lining up to hire her.......maybe she needs to go back and teach at an Architectural school with the rest of those "save the world" morons'

Last time I checked this society is still based on economic viability. It always will be. Big money and more importantly the good ol' boy network run this region, Ms. Bond you better get on board or move.

Since: Feb 08

Suffolk, VA

#6 Apr 4, 2009
Ann Ryder wrote:
Ms. Bond must be a relative newcomer to the area. She just doesn't realize that Larry Leake and his gang can do whatever they want to do without fear of legal retribution.
Ann how are you.It has been close to 17 years since I last spoke to you,when I first started getting programs together for the exceptional children in the Madison CO.school system.We met at a meeting I had in Mars Hill for Parents for the Advancement of Children with Special Needs.Long before NC accepted very bright students as having special needs.I am sure you probably don't remember me as it has been so long ago.just wanted to say hello.
NICK BRUNO

Brentwood, TN

#7 May 22, 2009
Ann Ryder wrote:
Ann, It's NB I'm Looking for you. Just want to know if you are OK. I'm Fine, call!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Marshall Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News It's the Darwin crowd that lacks the facts in e... (Mar '09) 1 hr Genesis Enigma 162,488
2018 A Majority black congress 1 hr how many men heim... 3
Cult in Asheville (Dec '10) 22 hr Gin Mill 118
Should Esther Manheimer Remain as Mayor of Ashe... Sun Re WILLARDandCULLEN 12
I Feel Unsafe At Asheville Oneness Deeksha (Jan '17) Sun Kathi 110
females in asheville nc (Jul '16) Sun Muffy Pierce 26
The Lord Mayoress Signs Up to Keep Her Coveted ... Sun Wrong Moretz 5

Marshall Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Marshall Mortgages