Madison drug sweep nets 10

Madison drug sweep nets 10

There are 25 comments on the Asheville Citizen-Times story from May 7, 2009, titled Madison drug sweep nets 10. In it, Asheville Citizen-Times reports that:

Jonathan Austin * editor@newsrecordandsentinel.com * published May 8, 2009 12:15 am MARSHALL Authorities from five law enforcement agencies closed in Thursday on a network suspected of trafficking prescription drugs, arresting 10 people and holding warrants for another six.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Asheville Citizen-Times.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Dana

Weaverville, NC

#22 May 10, 2009
Mom wrote:
Ladies, if our situations were reversed, in other words someone in my fam had sold drugs to someone in your family, you wouldn't have any sympathy either! Sorry for their families, but these people knew what they were doing! I hope they have found God, that is the only thing to save them. and hope they stay with him when they get out. You have to love their souls but you can hate their actions!
I agree with you completely If someone had sold drugs to my family. I would be upset as well. But on the other hand, if you don't know all the circumstances. How can you make judgements on something you do not know. I don't think any of us knows all the evidence. So for now I believe you are innocent until proven guily. Would you not agree? How is it you know so much about the boys? Do you know them personally? Because if you do you would know they have changed. We all have witnessed this and that is something know one can take away.
Dana

Weaverville, NC

#23 May 10, 2009
BoooHooooo wrote:
Their pals will look for them after they turn states evidence. Jailhouse shank?
White trash
I feel sorry for you. But in this world I guess it takes all kinds. Unfortunately those of us that try not to be so negative. Still has to put up with, lets use your words shall we "WHITE TRASH" like you. By the way "shank" this refers to the lower part of your leg. So did you mean skank?
Debbie

Spartanburg, SC

#24 May 10, 2009
Mom wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok after reading this it sounds like these young men sold my family drugs & this is not what I meant at all...I had a friend whose son,(whom I had known all of his life) was sold perscription drugs & took an overdose & died. I know none of the people that were arrested were the ones that sold them, the person was caught. I am bitter about anyone that sells drugs, It could have easily been my child or your child that OD'd.
What are the facts?. Making remarks as posted on this blog are uncalled for and unnecessary. Why not hold ones judgment until all facts are made known. They are not seasoned Drug Lords as suggested. They are immature college students that made a bad judgment call. They are living the consequences at this very hour and will have to live with their actions for a lifetime. Unfortunate they knew what they were doing and so did the buyers. Both were wrong.. Where are the buyers? Shouldn’t they have consequences, as well? Our society seems to take pleasure from other's tragedies. WHY?
Mom 2

Spartanburg, SC

#26 May 11, 2009
BoooHooooo wrote:
Their pals will look for them after they turn states evidence. Jailhouse shank?
White trash
Is this a threat? You seem to know a lot about the "states evidence" deal.
Look at the ones already out not the ones that are still in jail.
Does anyone know what is happening today.
Mom 2

Spartanburg, SC

#27 May 11, 2009
Mom wrote:
<quoted text>

Ok after reading this it sounds like these young men sold my family drugs & this is not what I meant at all...I had a friend whose son,(whom I had known all of his life) was sold perscription drugs & took an overdose & died. I know none of the people that were arrested were the ones that sold them, the person was caught. I am bitter about anyone that sells drugs, It could have easily been my child or your child that OD'd.
Proverbs 24:16, "Though a righteous man falls seven times, he rises again." Notice it doesn't say, "a righteous man never falls." It says that when he falls, he gets right back up and starts walking again! See, that's God's intention for you when you've messed up.

That's why He invites us in 1 John 1:9to "confess our sins" because "He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness." It's not Jesus standing there, condemning you for falling. God says, "there is no condemnation in Christ Jesus" (Romans 8:1) No, that's your enemy trying to pull you into a cycle of defeat. Live right...then mess up...then feel ashamed...then you give up...then you mess up a lot more...and then you crash spiritually. That's the cycle of defeat. But Jesus is saying, "One failure is one failure. And the only people who never fell down are people who aren't trying to walk. Bring that sin to My Cross. Let me clean you up. Tomorrow's a new day!"

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Marshall Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
OBAMA SUCKS! anyone vote for obama and now wish... (Jul '09) 14 min WelbyMD 300
Please Dont Reelect Bothwell 14 min Thomas Hoffman 27
News #BlackLivesMatter Protesters Target Confederate... 24 min Real American 5
News Confederate flag fan defends the stars & bars 33 min Thomas 55
News Asheville city council candidate arrested...AGAIN 3 hr ApePeeD 1
One public housing apartment now free 3 hr ApePeeD 2
News It's the Darwin crowd that lacks the facts in e... (Mar '09) 13 hr ChromiuMan 141,877
More from around the web

Marshall People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Marshall Mortgages