Watchdogs Assault Tax Payers Again

Posted in the Marshall Forum

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of27
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Weary Taxpayer

Danville, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1
Jan 28, 2013
 

Judged:

20

19

19

Why do the watchdogs take it out on the tax payers for something we have no control over? Filing a lawsuit against the electoral board will mean we have to pay for lawyer, maybe lawyers and court costs. As a tax payer I dont appreciate any of this. Its becoming chronic and the bill keeps growing. I don't know why they would file a lawsuit against a new board like that...they don't even offer to help fix problems...they are just attacking and making us pay for it.
ljj

Naperville, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2
Jan 28, 2013
 

Judged:

11

6

5

Why does board appoint Burgen. He sued county
Crybaby

Paris, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3
Jan 28, 2013
 

Judged:

15

10

10

Go to the circuit clerks office and read the suit. They did ask and offer help, it was denied, twice. Their only remedy left was the suit.
You Really Are Stupid

Terre Haute, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4
Jan 28, 2013
 

Judged:

14

14

13

Weary Taxpayer wrote:
Why do the watchdogs take it out on the tax payers for something we have no control over? Filing a lawsuit against the electoral board will mean we have to pay for lawyer, maybe lawyers and court costs. As a tax payer I dont appreciate any of this. Its becoming chronic and the bill keeps growing. I don't know why they would file a lawsuit against a new board like that...they don't even offer to help fix problems...they are just attacking and making us pay for it.
You really are stupid.

You don't know why but you run your mouth anyway? Shut your stupid pie hole and go find out first and when you find out, grab your popcorn and porno and go bitch to someone that cares.
Not Worth It

Danville, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5
Jan 28, 2013
 

Judged:

17

17

16

Suit is an expensive "I told ya so" for edgar county residents...no if ands or buts. Arguing that this isn't petty says it all...

Since: Nov 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6
Jan 28, 2013
 

Judged:

17

16

14

Weary Taxpayer wrote:
Why do the watchdogs take it out on the tax payers for something we have no control over? Filing a lawsuit against the electoral board will mean we have to pay for lawyer, maybe lawyers and court costs. As a tax payer I dont appreciate any of this. Its becoming chronic and the bill keeps growing. I don't know why they would file a lawsuit against a new board like that...they don't even offer to help fix problems...they are just attacking and making us pay for it.
I have a hard time understanding why there are so many individuals who are complacent and wear their hats down over there eyes and ears. Job standards and/or laws are guidelines for proper procedures, they are required because so many individuals have non existent morals and no work ethic…I don’t like some of the BS and paperwork required for my position….BUT…I dot every i and cross every t. Then again I’m old fashion and believe in the Golden Rule,& that the boss (law) may not always be right but it’s still the law (boss) I was also lucky enough to be raised to always do my best the first time…and there is no such thing as a failure IF YOU LEARN from you mistakes… Seem your area provide exuberant amounts of opportunity to learn…Keep up the good work ECWD…
Of Course You Do

Naperville, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7
Jan 28, 2013
 

Judged:

17

15

14

You're creative...

Since: Nov 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8
Jan 28, 2013
 

Judged:

15

15

13

Of Course You Do wrote:
You're creative...
?????????? Honest Yes!!!!please explain creative
Catherine Singer

San Luis Obispo, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9
Jan 29, 2013
 

Judged:

10

10

10

C U Gal wrote:
<quoted text>
?????????? Honest Yes!!!!please explain creative
Surprised the Jan inbred relative could even SPELL the word!
how many

Lake Geneva, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#10
Jan 29, 2013
 

Judged:

9

7

6

so are 4 county board members going to have to resign?

Patrick do to concrete
Voigt - fuel sells to school districts and townships
Jenness - electical services to school district
Heltsley- works for construction company too

will the all have to resign?
Chris in jimmy

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11
Jan 29, 2013
 

Judged:

8

6

5

Nope just Chris, Jeff and Ben are smart enough not to sell their product to the county! Mike doesn't do construction anyways.
Opinion

Terre Haute, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#12
Jan 30, 2013
 

Judged:

7

5

4

It appears that every one of the current county board members looks pretty stupid and uninformed. They elect a brand new person that has just been voted onto the board as their chairmen when that person has knowingly sold product to the county in the past and will in the future for major projects.

If the Watchdogs didn't point out this conflict of interest, someone else would have. Shouldn't one or all of them had thought about this before hand?
Catherine Singer

San Luis Obispo, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#13
Jan 30, 2013
 

Judged:

6

6

5

Opinion wrote:
It appears that every one of the current county board members looks pretty stupid and uninformed. They elect a brand new person that has just been voted onto the board as their chairmen when that person has knowingly sold product to the county in the past and will in the future for major projects.
If the Watchdogs didn't point out this conflict of interest, someone else would have. Shouldn't one or all of them had thought about this before hand?
My sources tell me Illinois is the most corrupt state in the good ol' US of A. Now, living in Cali, which has had some of the most corrupt politicians in the history of our illustrious nation, that says something. So, perhaps this low-level corruption does not raise an eyebrow in Illinois.

Jes' sayin'
Mgmt

Terre Haute, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#14
Jan 30, 2013
 

Judged:

8

7

6

It's popcorn people! Get a grip! I'm sure there will come a time when the kids have to pay to play a sport at a public school...so stop bitchin and be thankful for what you have.
Opinion

Terre Haute, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#15
Jan 30, 2013
 

Judged:

8

8

8

@ Mgmt-----What in the hell does that remark mean? I'm not thankful for what appears to be uninformed representation for my tax dollars but obviously, you are.
Watchdog Opinion Only

Danville, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#16
Jan 31, 2013
 

Judged:

4

4

3

Watchdogs operate their site and information distribution under the the protection of the 1st amendment. They have to do this because their articles are largely opinion. If they operated as a real news source they would have to comply with different rules, which could includes fact backing and retractions and so forth. If they could operate that way, their allegations would bear much greater weight...but they remain using opinion pieces that fall under free speech...which means their stories don't have to be completely accurate, but they still can be put on the website...
CLUELESS

Terre Haute, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#17
Jan 31, 2013
 

Judged:

4

3

2

WOO you show your ignorance quite well. Go read the law and when your done come back and tell the truth. They fall under the very same laws as any newspaper or news media outlet, which also are protected by the 1st amendment!

You just cant stand the fact it wasn't your idea and your not getting any recognition for the success they are having.

I heard today that at least 10 different subscribers have cancelled their subscription recent because of the news paper not reporting the truth. They turned to the watchdogs and got the truth, to include video! No opinions when you can watch the real thing!

GO WATCHDOGS!
Meh

Sherman, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#18
Jan 31, 2013
 

Judged:

6

4

3

Watchdog Opinion Only wrote:
Watchdogs operate their site and information distribution under the the protection of the 1st amendment. They have to do this because their articles are largely opinion. If they operated as a real news source they would have to comply with different rules, which could includes fact backing and retractions and so forth. If they could operate that way, their allegations would bear much greater weight...but they remain using opinion pieces that fall under free speech...which means their stories don't have to be completely accurate, but they still can be put on the website...
Well Said.....and I cancelled my Beacon Subscription because they are covering ECWD non-sense way to much.
Catherine Singer

San Luis Obispo, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#19
Jan 31, 2013
 

Judged:

2

2

2

Meh wrote:
<quoted text>
Well Said.....and I cancelled my Beacon Subscription because they are covering ECWD non-sense way to much.
Stop whining. You sound like factless.

Meh.... is RIGHT!
They arent done with us

Paris, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#20
Feb 6, 2013
 

Judged:

2

2

2

Weary Taxpayer wrote:
Why do the watchdogs take it out on the tax payers for something we have no control over? Filing a lawsuit against the electoral board will mean we have to pay for lawyer, maybe lawyers and court costs. As a tax payer I dont appreciate any of this. Its becoming chronic and the bill keeps growing. I don't know why they would file a lawsuit against a new board like that...they don't even offer to help fix problems...they are just attacking and making us pay for it.
They aren't done beating this dead horse either...the watchdogs plan on going on with their suit against the electoral board...as well as appealing the disputed petitions...I love how they use tax payer money as if it were theirs. Edgar County is so lucky to have them...

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of27
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

5 Users are viewing the Marshall Forum right now

Search the Marshall Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
IL Who do you support for Governor in Illinois in ... (Oct '10) 1 hr nuguyntwn 3,827
IL Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 1 hr frankensnorter 48,848
Kevin kuhn 5 hr unkown 15
Edgar county fair 7 hr BOSS 1
cory allen turner 8 hr BOSS 49
jennifer davidson 18 hr Really 19
IL Illinois Governor Recall Amendment (Oct '10) 21 hr KrisChristie 1,854
•••
•••
•••
•••

Marshall Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Marshall People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Marshall News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Marshall
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••