new bbq restaurant in morris (rons pork shack)

Posted in the Marseilles Forum

Comments (Page 3)

Showing posts 41 - 53 of53
|
next page >
Go to last page| Jump to page:
the big guy

Lisle, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 21, 2012

My wife and I dine out 3 to 4 times per week. I am from Memphis and love a good BBQ, and I never look at the prices. I eat at Turtles and the Rockwell often. 3 months ago, We were shopping at Menard's till late and saw this place. We run in for some take out of "anything they have left" just before they close and they are rude and not interested. All the food was still out, in fact they walked over and turned off the open sign while we were standing there.

Too many other places out there that want my business, I will not be back.
Haaa

Morris, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 5, 2012

I heard Ron is a male underwear model now !!!
ace diamond

Coal City, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 16, 2012

is this place out of business or still going?
Joe S

Minooka, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 16, 2012

I think many of the posters with negative reveiws are either owners or workers at some competetors restaurant, I have sent and told many people about this place and evryone of them said it was awsome, great food, fast service and evrything was freshly made with large portions, I took a cleint their last week who does competative BBQ ing and he said the place was great, he not only raves about the brisket, he ordered 3 whole chickens and 3 full slabs of ribs to bring back to his office for his employee's, You can beilieve these half hearted post with their negative spin and personal interest on getting yuor buisness to go somewhere else or you can take a chance and spend 5.oo and see the truth for yourrself,
Bob's BBQ Palace

Joliet, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 17, 2012

There are no nearby BBQ competitors. I think most of these comments are genuine. I've eaten there twice and it's "just okay" at best. It's the only BBQ game in town, though.
Yep

Morris, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 9, 2012

Yea Ron has been spending serious time in the modeling industry therefore the service has gone downhill.
cherly c

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 19, 2012

Judged:

great place wish I had someone to go with. The food was good and Ron is fun. Wish he didnt have a girlfriend. O'well story of my life. Try it is a good place.
Ronssux

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 8, 2012

Judged:

A year later gave this one last chance, my opinion hasn't changed at all. Staff is just flat out ignorant and rude. I never met such rude people in my life. As far as food goes, if you know traditional BBQ, and now anything about smoking this place really sucks. It's funny, the have this huge smoker, and pile of wood outside, but there seems to never to be smoke. You should be able to smell and see the smoke from miles away. I live right down the street and nothing. I don't care what kind of smoker they have, or ventilation system they have, smokers make smoke and a lot of it. This place makes fake BBQ with a roaster and liquid smoke. That why there BBQ sucks, it's fake smoke.
not a fan indeed

Morris, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

had ribs at cornfest....fatty and NOT fall off the bone....ordered rib tips and will not do it again for sure...by the time i got rid of all the bone, which i understand some but this was by far too much, and all the fat and gristle, i had about a handful of meat left....greens only ok and the slaw was runny, but ok....i probably wont get anything from RON'S again
Scott W

Channahon, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 24, 2013

I just read through all the previous comments - I have been a fan of Ron's for a few months - since the first time I tried it. Apparently they have made some improvements.
I am a fan of BBQ pulled pork sandwiches. I have sampled the works of fine smoker artists across the deep south, and as far north as Erie, PA and all the way out to Arizona. Most in the south were pretty spectacular. Some in the north are decent, but rare to find TRUE smoked pork shoulder.
With that said, Ron's seems to do it right. They have a smoker out back, and the meat alone has that distinctive smoky flavor. Sauce selection is a little slim with just "hot or mild" which are not much different - a sweet bbq sauce with just a little kick. I would like to see a little more heat in their sauce. But thats my personal opinion. Their side dishes are excellent too. I like their slaw, tater salad, and would recommend their broccoli salad. Service has been great every time we go there - and I have been there about 6-8 times in the past 6 months. The place is always clean and food has always been served fresh and hot.
So - for those of you who think Ron's is mediocre or bad, I am sorry you feel that way. For the rest of you, I would recommend giving it a try. I would give them about a 7.5 for their smoking, and a 9+ for the overall experience and value. For Illinois BBQ, this place is DAMN good.
Jerky Boy

Homer Glen, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 25, 2013

Scott W wrote:
I just read through all the previous comments - I have been a fan of Ron's for a few months - since the first time I tried it. Apparently they have made some improvements.
I am a fan of BBQ pulled pork sandwiches. I have sampled the works of fine smoker artists across the deep south, and as far north as Erie, PA and all the way out to Arizona. Most in the south were pretty spectacular. Some in the north are decent, but rare to find TRUE smoked pork shoulder.
With that said, Ron's seems to do it right. They have a smoker out back, and the meat alone has that distinctive smoky flavor. Sauce selection is a little slim with just "hot or mild" which are not much different - a sweet bbq sauce with just a little kick. I would like to see a little more heat in their sauce. But thats my personal opinion. Their side dishes are excellent too. I like their slaw, tater salad, and would recommend their broccoli salad. Service has been great every time we go there - and I have been there about 6-8 times in the past 6 months. The place is always clean and food has always been served fresh and hot.
So - for those of you who think Ron's is mediocre or bad, I am sorry you feel that way. For the rest of you, I would recommend giving it a try. I would give them about a 7.5 for their smoking, and a 9+ for the overall experience and value. For Illinois BBQ, this place is DAMN good.
DAMN nasty. Taste like a**, smells like a**. Was always a toilet place.
Mike

Yorkville, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 16, 2013

Tried Ron's on a recommendation and had a half-slab of babyback's. Best I've ever had. Sides were good and the staff could not have been any more friendly. I look forward to my next visit.
Naperville Rocks

Homer Glen, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 16, 2013

Mike wrote:
Tried Ron's on a recommendation and had a half-slab of babyback's. Best I've ever had. Sides were good and the staff could not have been any more friendly. I look forward to my next visit.
you must have been drunk

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 41 - 53 of53
|
next page >
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Marseilles Discussions

Search the Marseilles Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
IL Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 2 hr Terry rigsby 48,837
IL Illinois Governor Recall Amendment (Oct '10) 14 hr KrisChristie 1,854
IL Who do you support for Governor in Illinois in ... (Oct '10) 16 hr nuguyntwn 3,825
IL Who do you support for Attorney General in Illi... (Oct '10) Jul 16 rdarbin 641
lookin for old friend thomas moebius (Jun '13) Jul 11 LKM 2
IL Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Illinois ... (Oct '10) Jul 6 george 6,590
IL Who do you support for Lieutenant Governor in I... (Oct '10) Jul 3 Chicagobunny 143
•••
•••
•••
•••

Marseilles Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Marseilles People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••