new bbq restaurant in morris (rons po...

new bbq restaurant in morris (rons pork shack)

Posted in the Marseilles Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Joe S

Chicago, IL

#1 Sep 14, 2011
Have anyone tried that new place in Morris, Ron's Pork Snack on Rt 6 west of 47 across from the BP. on my way to get parts at Turf Team lawncare I stopped their, OMG The place is awesome, I had the pulled pork sandwich with the sides, I couldnt believ this joint, The sandwich was the best I ever had and so big, couldnt finish it, I then sent my wife their for dinner, she brought back 2 whole chickens and a slab of ribs, the absolute best we had, I love this place, whoever owns the joint, I hope they keep it up and dont change a thing as this is pur new favorite place and we live in Minooka but well worth the drive, Good luck and kepp it the same, KUDO'S
L Martin

Brooklyn, NY

#2 Sep 19, 2011
I think the food is great. I use to go to joliet (baby back blues) but now I will definately go to Rons instead.

“Dave's not here!”

Since: Dec 07

Location hidden

#3 Sep 19, 2011
Baby Back Blues sucks ass compared to Ron's.

My only complaint is the prices are a little high.$20 for a slab of ribs, but it was good stuff. Also tried the pulled pork sandwich- again we weren't disappointed.

Wanted to try the brisket and smoked chicken, but they were out of both (was the second day they were open).
Joe S

Chicago, IL

#4 Sep 20, 2011
was their again today as I took as customer out to lunch, we had the special which was the brisket pork combo, it was great as my customet looked at the mountain of a sandwich and said OMG, we both ate as much as we could and then he went up to the counter and ordered a luncheon for his office of 20 people, how is that for impressive, I thought it was just me that thought this place was great, the whole world knows, the owner Ron showed us his smoker roaster oven, the thing is a beast, cooks like 500lbs using hickory, luv this joint
PorkR

Chicago, IL

#5 Sep 23, 2011
Glad there's something new and different and wish them well!
Night Man

United States

#6 Oct 26, 2011
One word to sum this place up..... Mediocre. I could easily make better pulled pork in my crock pot. Don't get me wrong I wish this place well and hope they have a long and prosperous life. That being said this place is not even on the same planet as Baby Back Blues. Boring cold fries, potato salad is gross, beans were ok..... Best of luck but I'll still be heading up north for my BBQ!
pickitup41

United States

#7 Nov 7, 2011
Well nightman you must have taste buds of a goat because ron's has the best pulled pork I ever had and his potatosalad is to die for so enjoy your trip up north billygoat!!!
Justin

Minooka, IL

#8 Nov 8, 2011
Night Man how about opening your own place and lets see how well you would do.
Nightman

Franklin Park, IL

#9 Nov 9, 2011
You guys are awfully defensive about this subject. Could it be that you are the proprietor or an employee of the restaurant? The goat reference raises suspicions of where you get your meat from, while at the same time explains the taste. I would suggest you put more effort in to improving your product and services and less time taking constructive criticism the wrong way. If you reference my original post I wished you the best of luck, and still do. As for me I will enjoy my trip up north and the superior BBQ that comes with it. Cheers!
pickitup41

United States

#10 Nov 21, 2011
Well nightman you have your opinion and I have mine I don't own or work at ron's pork shack I just know good food
ronssux

Lynnwood, WA

#11 Nov 25, 2011
THis place sucks. Their food is nothing special. If anybody thinks that this is the best bbq they ever tasted, then you can't cook, and you don't know anything about bbq. If you call to order, the people that work there are a bunch of unprofessional idiots. I gave the place a chance twice, and they messed up my order both times. I can't stress more how stupid these people are, its like talking to a 2 year old on the phone.
sjm

Romeoville, IL

#12 Nov 26, 2011
The food is nothing to write home about, its good not the best, but customer service is an issue. We tried it twice and dont think I would go back again because of rude and very unprofessional counter help
lob

United States

#13 Dec 14, 2011
Excellent brisket! Decent sides.

As others have said, service is only fair at best. How hard is it to get counter staff who can actually smile and welcome customers?

Since: Nov 11

Chicago, IL

#15 Dec 14, 2011
lob wrote:
Excellent brisket! Decent sides.

As others have said, service is only fair at best. How hard is it to get counter staff who can actually smile and welcome customers?
Nice try whoever wrote this I have never had bad service and everytime I have gone in there the girls have ALL been very friendly!!!!!
SAM

United States

#16 Dec 14, 2011
Nice try? EVERY time I've gone there, the service is rude. I've tried to give them the benefit of the doubt because it's a new business, so I've gone back. I'm not sure how many more chances I can give them. Can't see this business lasting. It's a shame because the food is decent.

Chicago, IL

#17 Dec 14, 2011
SAM wrote:
Nice try? EVERY time I've gone there, the service is rude. I've tried to give them the benefit of the doubt because it's a new business, so I've gone back. I'm not sure how many more chances I can give them. Can't see this business lasting. It's a shame because the food is decent.
Well Sam when was the last time you were there
rodeo clown

Carol Stream, IL

#19 Dec 20, 2011
Yep wrote:
Same complaints I felt terrible after eating a sandwich fir two days. Also the left out 1 meal on a hundred dollar order which wasn't there flat of course very poor service there all dirtball. Also a person from a benefit was taken to the hospital and they said it was food poisoning. Now will I believe a doctor or a washed up bricklayer that ripped everyone off? You can say I won't be back!!!!!
This food has obviously had an ill effect on this poor persons cognitive function. This post is incredibly incoherent, but the message is the same.... Crappy food!
John

Morris, IL

#20 Jan 21, 2012
Tried it service was good. I'm a big guy so sandwich could of been bigger but was tasty. They recommended the collard greens, have to say great side. I enjoyed it and will be back.

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#22 Jan 23, 2012
Kade Bashor wrote:
THIS PLACE SUCKS COCK! I went there to eat lunch today and got food poisoning
Really that's funny that you got sick today since he's CLOSED on Mondays
colt forty five

United States

#23 Jan 28, 2012
Went to this place several. Times .no baked spuds both times other time no beef brisket will not go back people rude .found twisted pig on houbolt Joliet best ever .

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Marseilles Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Green light in the sky? (Dec '08) Tue Unknown 202
Debate: Marijuana - Ottawa, IL (Sep '10) May 19 Michael Hauck 12
Manger Scene at Grundy Courthouse (Dec '12) May 8 pts 18
Steve Johnson/Laurie Johnson Reds Concrete Apr '15 Scammed 2
Marseilles Schools Apr '15 Moving 1
Judge cynthia /ottawa, il (Dec '12) Apr '15 LocalBizzNotYours 3
Election Who do you support for Sheriff in Illinois (Gru... (Oct '10) Apr '15 not your friend 43
More from around the web

Marseilles People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]