First Prev
of 3
Next Last
frustrated

Plainfield, IL

#41 Apr 10, 2010
I wonder why there is so much understanding for foreigners these days ...when there wasn't 50 or 60 years ago???

My dad was German, but his complexion was tan. When he tried to house his family when we first came here, landlords would come running out of their buildings screaming we have nothing for you, nothing.

Now ... everybody defends the immigrant. Interesting.

“Fed-up”

Since: Apr 10

Location hidden

#42 Apr 29, 2010
Germans were not very popular anywhere 50-60 years ago.
alan

Aurora, IL

#43 Sep 5, 2012
this place is a shit hole..the owner keith sexual harress the girls working..he got caught with a worker by her husband in his truck just this year..doing sexual things..he got scared and went to police station to get order of protection against him..it cost to much..he makes racial comments..so much illegal stuff going on there...this place is going to be close down
InsideInfo

United States

#44 Nov 28, 2012
Not close.... 12/1... be prepared....
Jill

Blue Island, IL

#45 Mar 12, 2013
What is this place like
I would like to take my kids there
ABC

Mansfield, IL

#46 Mar 18, 2013
take them to six flags
Been there

Kansas City, MO

#47 May 12, 2013
Jill wrote:
What is this place like
I would like to take my kids there
Don't let anyone tell you different, if you have younger children, under 14-15, your family will have a terrific time. Don't let these misguided posts deter your family from going,
Great fun by all

Warrenville, IL

#48 May 16, 2013
Been there wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't let anyone tell you different, if you have younger children, under 14-15, your family will have a terrific time. Don't let these misguided posts deter your family from going,
I would have to agree, if you're looking for a quality getaway, grand bear has something for everyone. It has its issues like everywhere else, overall, great place for quality family fun, no exceptions. Been there many times since it opened, never a bad experience.
tsk tsk

United States

#49 Jun 24, 2013
Another massive underage drinking party at the "resort". This follows a drug arrest in the parking lot. That place is a black eye for Utica. Why can't they get a security guard on weekends. Barney Fife too busy?
Thinking

Kansas City, MO

#50 Jun 25, 2013
tsk tsk wrote:
Another massive underage drinking party at the "resort". This follows a drug arrest in the parking lot. That place is a black eye for Utica. Why can't they get a security guard on weekends. Barney Fife too busy?
The resort handled it fine, all people that checked in where over 25. No one can know what people are sneaking into their rooms, villas, or cabins. Whether its alcohol, extra people, or even underage kids, it's really a matter of those that enable these type of situations. Older friends, or the parents, their the ones you should question. The resort stopped it in its tracks, called the police and had people arrested, and charged their credit card for any damage and they pay dearly. If they where there for 2 nights and got kicked out after one, their charge for the two nights plus the extra cleaning and damage. So for their one night of FUN, a 2,000 bill from us and a night In jail with a future court date. Question Grand Bear all you want, I ask where's the parenting?
Carl1841

United States

#51 Jun 26, 2013
Thinking wrote:
<quoted text>
The resort handled it fine, all people that checked in where over 25. No one can know what people are sneaking into their rooms, villas, or cabins. Whether its alcohol, extra people, or even underage kids, it's really a matter of those that enable these type of situations. Older friends, or the parents, their the ones you should question. The resort stopped it in its tracks, called the police and had people arrested, and charged their credit card for any damage and they pay dearly. If they where there for 2 nights and got kicked out after one, their charge for the two nights plus the extra cleaning and damage. So for their one night of FUN, a 2,000 bill from us and a night In jail with a future court date. Question Grand Bear all you want, I ask where's the parenting?
Very true, where are the parents! And good job, hit them in the pocket book, sometimes it's the only thing that wakes people up!
What the heck

Kansas City, MO

#52 Jun 26, 2013
Thinking wrote:
<quoted text>
Thinking, your right ! The way these kids act only shows the poor parenting these kids have had their whole life's. then the parents will probably complain that their little Johnny or Mary wouldn't do such a thing. Where is personal responsibility ? Well, look at our government, kind of the same, no responsibility.
What the heck

Kansas City, MO

#54 Jul 30, 2013
Quinn Lover wrote:
What's new down on the lodge? Things still as bad as ever? I still cannot figure out how the place failed. The area is beautiful.
Well I was there this past weekend and it was quite busy and everyone seemed pretty happy. I know this place has never has performed the way it was thought it would, but they never closed, so I would not agree that it failed. Heck I know a lot of businesses that failed and are gone. But the Bear is still there!
Is this place still alive

Crown Point, IN

#55 Aug 25, 2013
How is this place doing, have they done anything with the management, seems like the new group Atira hasn't done a thing, any updates, we were looking at buying a unit there and want some insider info....The new management company came in strong I heard, but are they still involved?
again

Ottawa, IL

#56 Aug 29, 2013
Atira is still there, just looked at my check, it was lower than last year. These guys at Atira run 14 or 15 other hotels? as always, the place looks great, fun to be at, but owners can't make any money. I thought for sure with Atira, an experienced company coming in revenues would increase not decrease. fire Atira as they obviously don't know what their doing with resorts! Heck, at this point bring back Hook and the gang

P.S.
To all potential renters out there, Grand Bear is a great place to take your young families especially if your kids range in age from 3 to 13. the place is great fun. us of us that are real owners that post on this site and vent do so because we all thought we would make money when we bought the villas and cabins and we havn't as of yet. but again don't let reading these posts deter you from visiting Grand Bear, you will have a good time at the resort and when your there visit all the State Parks around Grand Bear they are truly beautiful, and with fall colors coming it's especially beautiful.
Owner VVV

United States

#57 Sep 13, 2013
One person makes a mistake and you judge a whole resort? Do you think these things don't happen at Wilderness, Kalahari or any other public or private venue where there are people. Your an idiot. And learn to speak!!!
Owner VVV

United States

#58 Sep 13, 2013
this comment was directed to Alan. Comment dated 9/2012 A little late on my response
JoeHook4Pres

Ottawa, IL

#60 Friday May 12
I forgot about Alan. That dude still lived with his Mother..

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Marseilles Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Stop Light Timing May 15 Danimal 1
When will Morris get a real restaurant ? (Mar '11) Apr 25 Danimal 46
Best Pizza in Morris (Jun '16) Apr 24 Danimal 8
Grundy County Speedway help wanted Apr '17 Concession manager 1
Hookers @ TA!! (Mar '15) Apr '17 Trucker69 3
barbara budach (Oct '16) Apr '17 SoftParade 3
Cusick Murder Apr '17 SoftParade 1

Marseilles Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance