First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Jim

Marseilles, IL

#1 Feb 6, 2006
What does everyone think of grand bear lodge in Utica Illinois hiring workers from outside the U.S Whats wrong with this picture.......
Jim

Marseilles, IL

#2 Feb 10, 2006
="What does everyone think of grand bear lodge in Utica Illinois hiring workers from outside the U.S Whats wrong with this picture......
Mario

Forest Lake, MN

#3 Jun 26, 2006
They do this in the Wis Dells> all over > nothing new
meeeee

Marseilles, IL

#4 Jul 4, 2006
Its nothing new but should be stopped in the U.S If they are not legal citizens then send them back....
Linda

Marseilles, IL

#5 Jul 7, 2006
Jim wrote:
What does everyone think of grand bear lodge in Utica Illinois hiring workers from outside the U.S Whats wrong with this picture.......
I moved to this beautiful area so that my children can understand what their classmates and the staff members at school are saying to them. If the buisnesses around here keep hiring people from other countries, this area is going to be just like Aurora. The crime will go up, there will be no peace and quite, and your children's educations will be at risk.
Sandy

South Charleston, OH

#6 Jul 11, 2006
Mario wrote:
They do this in the Wis Dells> all over > nothing new
Yes, you are correct; however, it's new to this area and nice that it's so close. To me, not fighting traffic and crowds makes a huge difference. I enjoyed it and thought it was a great way to spend a few days with my family.
David Ramos

Chicago, IL

#7 Jul 26, 2006
That waterpark is the best thing to happen to this area. However and whatever they need to make this place run ... more power to them. I can't wait for the next one to go up at I 80 and 178. They are hiring union workers to get it built but they will go broke if they try to do that to keep it going once its up and runnin. Property values are up around Utica and thats a good thing.
meeeee

Marseilles, IL

#8 Jul 26, 2006
David Ramos wrote:
That waterpark is the best thing to happen to this area. However and whatever they need to make this place run ... more power to them. I can't wait for the next one to go up at I 80 and 178. They are hiring union workers to get it built but they will go broke if they try to do that to keep it going once its up and runnin. Property values are up around Utica and thats a good thing.

Ok I agree hire union workers to build it..But then are you for hiring Illegal CITIZENS to work there after you get it built??????
Randy

Los Angeles, CA

#9 Aug 15, 2006
The place is a service nightmare. Our keys kept dying and then you have to wait at the registration desk, which always has a long line. They forgot our maid service one day. I won't go back.
Bob

Peru, IL

#10 Sep 5, 2006
I stayed there for a few days over the summer and had a great time. I didn't see any workers from outside the US but of course it was July 4th weekend and I wasn't looking for any. Are you sure they still do that? Most hotels do anyway.
christina

Chicago, IL

#11 Sep 18, 2006
Are you serious... go to any hotel and the staff is foreign. This is not unique to the Grand Bear Lodge. You should be thanking the foreigners for accepting some of these jobs that are obviously unattractive to the "legal" Americans.
True Americans

Minooka, IL

#12 Sep 23, 2006
You have got to me kidding me. Is this all that you can worry about? Hell, this country is run on foreign labor....plus, get your facts right buddy - "illegal citizens?" - what school did you go to? If they are citizens, they can't possible be illegal, can they?? First of all they are not citizens and they are not illegals - if they were that place would have been closed down months ago...much like in WI Dells Grand Bear Lodge is a host for legal foreign students to come to the US and work under guidelines set up by the US Government. If you ask me, this is a wondeful service they provide and it costs them more to do this as they have to house and feed them. Plus, they focus on making friends in foreign countries instead of blowing them up... You know, all of our ancestors are immigrants, ever hear of diversity?? That waterpark has done wonders for our area. Provided jobs, increased the home values in the area and benefited area businesses. Maybe instead of mouthing inflammatory rhetoric and racist views, you should take a good hard look at your own moral fiber???
bbbb

United States

#13 Nov 7, 2006
Linda wrote:
<quoted text>I moved to this beautiful area so that my children can understand what their classmates and the staff members at school are saying to them. If the buisnesses around here keep hiring people from other countries, this area is going to be just like Aurora. The crime will go up, there will be no peace and quite, and your children's educations will be at risk.
Hey- have you looked around Ottawa lately?
24hr Mom

AOL

#14 Jan 21, 2007
This place is outstandng!!! My husband and I took our four kids on a mini vacation here and we fell in love with the place. Not only is it fun for everyone but its clean. We stayed 4 nights in the villa and we enjoyed every second of it.
what a crock of shit

Manteno, IL

#15 Feb 19, 2007
My ex husband is employed at the lodge, he is a felon, and has recently been involved with DCFS on a drug charge with my kids present. If he can get a job there........... ANYONE CAN
Don

Channahon, IL

#16 Feb 26, 2007
Linda wrote:
<quoted text>I moved to this beautiful area so that my children can understand what their classmates and the staff members at school are saying to them. If the buisnesses around here keep hiring people from other countries, this area is going to be just like Aurora. The crime will go up, there will be no peace and quite, and your children's educations will be at risk.
Maybe you should learn to spell yourself before making inferences about education. It's "quiet" not quite.
amanda

Marseilles, IL

#17 Mar 2, 2007
you should have pictures of the villas
its me daenport iowa

Madrid, IA

#18 Mar 19, 2007
I believe we should keep are own people working in the U.S. The people in other countries are getting enough from us, if we went over there would we get tax free for years????? We have enough people here that need jobs....
lol

Marseilles, IL

#19 Apr 2, 2007
Wow and now were going to give them drivers liscense. stupiddddddd
TONY PEREZ

Bolingbrook, IL

#20 Jul 18, 2007
Linda wrote:
NEVER BEEN THERE BUT I WENT 2 MEXICO, COULDN'T UNDERSTAND EVERYTHING THEY WERE SAYING, MY SPANISH IS LIMITED BEING AN AMERICAN. THEY LIKE U AND SEVERAL PEOPLE IN OUR COUNTRY AND OTHER COUNTRIES ACT LIKE THIS...ARE U PREDJUDICE? ARE U REALLY PRO AMERICAN? IF U WERE U'D UNDERSTAND NONE OF US WERE ORIGINALLY FROM HERE{OUR ANCESTORS} ONLY THE INDIANS AND LOOK WHAT WE DID TO THEM.LOOK AT THE CHINEESE {RAILROAD SLAVES} THE AFRICANS {KIDNAPPED ANS ENSLAVED} ARE U PRO AMERICAN
THEN U'D REALIZE MAYBE YOUR JUST PREDJUDICE EVEN IF ITS JUST A LITTLE, AMERICANS ARE FROM EVERY WHERE AND LIKE IN THE 1500'S ALL DIDNT COME FROM HERE OR SPEAK OUR LANGUAGE EITHER. IF A PERSON DOESNT TAKE THE APPROPRIATE ACTIONS TO GET PROPER DOCUMENTS AND BECOME A CITIZEN, YES BE ANGRY. BUT IF THEY ARE LEGAL OR BECOMING THEN DONT JUDGE THEM. OTHERWISE YOU'RE DOING IT FOR NOTERIGHETY BETWEEN FRIENDS AND RELATIONS OF YOURS AND THAT MAKES U JUST LIKE EVERYONE ELSE LIKE U INSTEAD OF BEING UNIQE AND YOURSELF LIKE "GOD" MADE U.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Marseilles Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Assault weapons 2 hr Disgusted 21
Goodwill Store in Morris (Nov '14) Tue Donutttsssssss 2
Dougherty Manor gets unwanted Heroin dealers Jun 23 Johnny5 4
Jerrys glass and lock Jun 21 Rip off 1
News Police 2-12 Feb '16 KSondgeroth 1
Marseilles Schools (Apr '15) Jun '15 Wondering too 2
News Outlaws have visited La Salle County (Aug '08) Mar '14 NoWarrentNoEntry 42

Marseilles Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance