Nazis burned books but loved police and prisons

Posted in the Marquette Forum

Princeton Sucks

Chicago, IL

#1 Jan 18, 2014
Let us never forget that Nazis hated libraries where the public could learn and be more intelligent than the leaders that governed them. They wanted a dumb but loyal public that served them!

I wonder what is the fate of the Princeton Public Library?

The Nazi SS police state was brutal and ruled by fear and intimidation. These were the pampered Nazis that both preyed on the public and were insolated from cutbacks and rationing as the war caused great loss to the German public.

The working class German resented the Nazi SS police because they suffered while the SS was unaffected by cutbacks.

I wonder how long hard working Princeton workers will sit silently as they suffer downsizing and pay freezes and meanwhile the police budget goes undisturbed?

Of course Nazi Germany was all about building prisons and locking anyone away that disagreed with their agenda. Activists,protestors, non-Nazi sympathizers were locked up and tortured. Jews killed in "work" prisons.

I wonder a Patty Garros opinion on if we should build more prisons,free speech,and how people with differences of opinion from the leaders should be treated?

Being called "the most sadistic prison guard" by inmates may shed some light on her opinions? But I would like to actually hear her opinion to see if she believes in free speech and learning and open forums? Or if she wants to quash different opinions and supress them via police and lawsuits?
haha

Wautoma, WI

#2 Jan 18, 2014
Exactly. Princeton is comparable to Nazi Germany on a microcosmic level. Princeton is small enough that it can and will be changed.
Disgusted with Princeton

Miami, FL

#3 Jan 20, 2014
haha wrote:
Exactly. Princeton is comparable to Nazi Germany on a microcosmic level. Princeton is small enough that it can and will be changed.
But the scary thing is that some of the council are clueless and dont think there is need for any changes. Some actually say lets get back to the "good old days".

But these people dont realize that in the good old days that Princeton was a vibrant city filled with nightlife. It was the county seat. It was where the action was in commerce for the area.Many bars ,a brewery, many shops and professional offices.

Now it looks like the ghost town that is on the homepage. It is sad.

I have to agree that the council is clueless and under their management the city will not return to its glory.
Princeton Sucks

United States

#4 Jan 31, 2014
Only if Garro and Mosloff and Bargenquast and Kallenbach are gone does Princeton have a chance at improving and growing again IMO.
jsm

Wautoma, WI

#5 Feb 22, 2014
btw, Thank you for the history lesson. I really hope people can learn from this and understand the very real parallel that Princeton is to Nazi Germany. Another comparison is how African-Americans, Irish, and likely other ethnic groups, were forbidden to seek education and learn how to read.

Freedom of speech is absolutely under attack here. The surveys-the person who complained about the library HAD to be Patty Garro. Who else besides one of Princeton's pathetic "politicians" would actually complain about a freakin' library? Think about all the reasons for her to bring up taking away funding from the library....there are many!

Also, I fully agree that Princeton looks quite different than it used to, only 10 or so, years ago.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Marquette Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
jury trial-insist on one, always!!! Dec 16 evenbetter 2
The cops KNOW Princeton Topix exists. Dec 14 anonymous 7
a youtube video, an agreement, and... Dec 12 anonymous 3
Officer Jole no longer Princeton Police Officer Dec 9 jsm 1
About SDF Dec 7 jsm 1
Podiatrist's fees shock patients (Jul '11) Dec 3 jimtracy 3
Cute Fat Wisconsin Chicks (Jun '13) Nov 29 Mr FIB 12
Marquette Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web