Is Matt Bargenquast worth 98k to Princeton?

Created by Princeton Sucks on Dec 25, 2013

216 votes

Click on an option to vote

NO

YES

NO and he should be let go

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Princeton Sucks

Chicago, IL

#1 Dec 25, 2013
Matt Bargenquast costs the hard working taxpayers of Princeton 98k in just salary and health benefits.

Then add in car +$9000 per year for Matt to drive around! Office supplies and his burden costs....it is insane for a city that never had any cime and never will!

And to put this into perspective the average citizen of Princeton makes less than half of what Bargenquast revcieves in salary and benefits.

And then look at the job and staff he oversees.....officers fooling around in the cemetary and yelling at citizens and giving out peoples SS#s!
Disgusted with Princeton

Miami, FL

#2 Dec 26, 2013
Princeton Sucks wrote:
Matt Bargenquast costs the hard working taxpayers of Princeton 98k in just salary and health benefits.
Then add in car +$9000 per year for Matt to drive around! Office supplies and his burden costs....it is insane for a city that never had any cime and never will!
And to put this into perspective the average citizen of Princeton makes less than half of what Bargenquast revcieves in salary and benefits.
And then look at the job and staff he oversees.....officers fooling around in the cemetary and yelling at citizens and giving out peoples SS#s!
Doesn't it cost 4150 for a shirt for Matt? This is insanity.

Watch and see if Patty Garro and Kallenbach don't close down the library where kids actually go and learn waaaay before the morons of Princeton have no choice but to outsource police.
Disgusted with Princeton

Miami, FL

#4 Dec 27, 2013
Disgusted with Princeton wrote:
Guess I'm going to have to dust off my trusty 30-.06 and change the dynamics around there.
Not me. Some idiot threatening people.
Princeton Sucks

Chicago, IL

#5 Dec 27, 2013
I heard some of the dumb people in Princeton thought the question was "would you pay 98k to get rid of Bargenquast?" and that is why they voted yes.
Princeton Sucks

Chicago, IL

#6 Dec 27, 2013
Wy do we ay for Bargenquast whe there is NOCRIMEand NEVER WAS!

Checkthis out http://www.city-data.com/crime/crime-Princeto ...

NO CRIME!
princetonwiscons in

Wautoma, WI

#7 Dec 29, 2013
There is crime, in the form of massive amounts of drugs and drug deals in Princeton, but the police are friends with the biggest drug dealer here. I think they're either customers and/or paid to let it happen.
princeton sucks

Chicago, IL

#8 Dec 30, 2013
princetonwisconsin wrote:
There is crime, in the form of massive amounts of drugs and drug deals in Princeton, but the police are friends with the biggest drug dealer here. I think they're either customers and/or paid to let it happen.
I think Matt is incompetent. But I dont think he isletting drug dealers operate because I dont think there is any evidence of drug dealers.
Disgusted with Princeton

Miami, FL

#9 Dec 30, 2013
princeton sucks wrote:
<quoted text>
I think Matt is incompetent. But I dont think he isletting drug dealers operate because I dont think there is any evidence of drug dealers.
Agreed. I think the only drug using going on is the council paying the cops soo much money!
princetonwiscons in

Wautoma, WI

#10 Dec 31, 2013
You obviously just don't know what I do know.
'Incompetence is simply a side-effect.
Princeton Sucks

Chicago, IL

#11 Dec 31, 2013
princetonwisconsin wrote:
You obviously just don't know what I do know.
'Incompetence is simply a side-effect.
If you really know something....then share it. I think Matt is incompetent and his police team is worse. I think they are a waste of taxpayer money. I can't believe people are soo dumb that they listen to Patty Garro and think we need all these police.

But I would never say they are doing drugs or protecting drug dealers unless I knew that for fact! I know they look the other way for other cops and friends that have been drinking and driving. How else does Nelson get another job in Ripon right after the cemetary incident? Or how does Pattys friend Scottie drive a snowmobile all winter and stops in for a cocktail with Patty?

Incompetent YES! Look the other way for friends YES! Supporting drug dealers.....I want to read the facts if you have any.

And trust me I do NOT support this Princeton Police Crew.
What Happened

Chicago, IL

#12 Jan 4, 2014
So downsize your police,duh!
Disgusted with Princeton

Miami, FL

#13 Jan 6, 2014
I think the better questions should be why would a city on the brink of bankruptcy want a staff of cops when the local county cops are more responsive?

It doesnt matter if it is Matt Bargenquast or Wyatt Earp in charge of the police when there is a less expensive and better solution right down the road!
Disgusted with Princeton

Miami, FL

#14 Jan 6, 2014
If it is any consolation to people that are not Matt fans..think about this.

Matt is trapped in this job. I doubt he can make more money anywhere else. As the city keeps declining under the current bad management it will become harder and harder for him to get a raise or grow the department(WHICH MAKES HIS RESUME LOOK GOOD)or even add expenses.

The irony is that some of these bad leaders handed him his job and at the same time they are the ones that will hold him back from ever growing and having real success.

It is kinda funny and bad when you think about it.

If I were Matt I couldn't wait to see Garro go and get in a real politician that move and shake and grow the city.

Nobody wants the same pay every year!
JessicaSuzanne

Wautoma, WI

#15 Jan 6, 2014
Didn't he recently give himself a raise though? Even though the population has shrunk and they won't change the sign? LOL

I remember reporting a case of animal abuse to him and he told me "in all my 13 years in law enforcement I have never checked on an animal and never will," so that may have been a year ago.(nevermind the stupidity of what he said)....meaning, he might have 14 years in law enforcement. How many years of those were as a police chief? Around 10, give a take a couple, I think? I remember long ago myself and some others on here looked into things, such as years of experience it typically takes to become a chief and it was like over 20 years law enforcement experience.

SO, what we and others can surmise from that is Bargenquast feels entitled to things he hasn't earned and doesn't deserve, plus has a horrible work ethic. There has to be unspoken contempt even amongst other cops for that.

I mean, c'mon...look at when he was shown on the news in Wautoma for a robbery/suicide. They put him waaaaay behind what was going on to keep him out of the way. They were probably like "Matt, you go stand back there and control that crowd of onlookers" (There were like 10 people there, including him. HAHA! sorry, I made myself laugh.

He won't take a pay cut, so the city can use that money to invest in itself to grow....so, yeah...I don't see him going anywhere. And if people start voting in a way that benefits the city they live in, he'll be SOL completely.
JessicaSuzanne

Wautoma, WI

#16 Jan 6, 2014
Oh, and let's not forget...he gives out people's SS#s, when police having people's SS#s is practically a secret or little known fact. I talked to people in high-up occupations that didn't even know that. A couple lawyers were even shocked to find that out.

Who else but Princeton would keep an idiot like him?
Princeton Sucks

Chicago, IL

#17 Jan 6, 2014
13 years is about right. He is now into his 30s and started at about 20 as a junior deputy. Doug from Dougs World used to tell people about how he kicked Matt out of his bar when he tried to come in and act tough.LOL Doug hated Matt. RIP Doug.

He was then a cop for just about 6 years when Patty Garro and Matt Schneider handed a twenty something kid the chief job. That was 5/6 years ago.

Schneider told people that he would be cheaper than an experienced cop and nothing happens on days when Metoxin used to work anyways.

It was just a dumb management decision as usual for the council. You dont hire cheap chiefs that cant talk to the public,let alone no experience managing people.Look at the turnover and bad cops that add o the bad reputation of Princeton Police.

But I never really considered DISGUSTEDs comments that Bargenqast is also a victim of Garro and her dumb decisions.
Disgusted with Princeton

Miami, FL

#18 Jan 13, 2014
Princeton Sucks wrote:
13 years is about right. He is now into his 30s and started at about 20 as a junior deputy. Doug from Dougs World used to tell people about how he kicked Matt out of his bar when he tried to come in and act tough.LOL Doug hated Matt. RIP Doug.
He was then a cop for just about 6 years when Patty Garro and Matt Schneider handed a twenty something kid the chief job. That was 5/6 years ago.
Schneider told people that he would be cheaper than an experienced cop and nothing happens on days when Metoxin used to work anyways.
It was just a dumb management decision as usual for the council. You dont hire cheap chiefs that cant talk to the public,let alone no experience managing people.Look at the turnover and bad cops that add o the bad reputation of Princeton Police.
But I never really considered DISGUSTEDs comments that Bargenqast is also a victim of Garro and her dumb decisions.
Every now and then I offer a different perspective.LOL

Yes Bargenquast and Cheryl and Cheesy and gang are all subjet to the weakness of our leadership.

Trust me they all know it. They are not happy about it. But they have to be quiet pubicly about this topic.

Nobody like bad managers and CEOs at their company. It is the same thing in a small city.
Princeton Sucks

Chicago, IL

#19 Jan 13, 2014
<quoted text>
Every now and then I offer a different perspective.LOL
Yes Bargenquast and Cheryl and Cheesy and gang are all subjet to the weakness of our leadership.
Trust me they all know it. They are not happy about it. But they have to be quiet pubicly about this topic.
Nobody like bad managers and CEOs at their company. It is the same thing in a small city.
Oh I totally agree that Cheryl and the public works and library are at the mercy of a very weak council. And I do think they are sitting ducks just waiting to be picked off.

But Bargenquast a victim also? I just dont know about that.For him to be a victim he would have to feel the pain of cutbacks and pay decreases.Others have felt that pain.

But Garro and gang just cant comprehend that ALL departments must be downsized as the City shrinks and the tax base decreases.

It is so clear that there is a total lack of business skills with these "leaders".
Disgusted with Princeton

Miami, FL

#20 Jan 20, 2014
Everybody can write a hundred posts about this subject.

But here is the bottom line. The council are not business people. They look after their friends first and the taxpayer second.

I understand this but it is bad business. This will only change when the circumstances call for desperate measures.

But the problem is that different people have different ideas of what is desperate.

Princeton Sucks thinks everyone should act now. Maybe he/she is right?

JSM it is very personal and she thinks everyone should have acted a year ago.

I think we are quickly approaching a very serious situation as I see more neighbors moving out and few new families moving in.
Princeton Sucks

Chicago, IL

#21 Jan 20, 2014
Everybody can write a hundred posts about this subject.
But here is the bottom line. The council are not business people. They look after their friends first and the taxpayer second.
I understand this but it is bad business. This will only change when the circumstances call for desperate measures.
But the problem is that different people have different ideas of what is desperate.
Princeton Sucks thinks everyone should act now. Maybe he/she is right?
JSM it is very personal and she thinks everyone should have acted a year ago.
I think we are quickly approaching a very serious situation as I see more neighbors moving out and few new families moving in.
I agree with what you said. Yes I do think Princeton needs desperate measures immediately.Not just reducing the police or outsourcing them. Put some type of requirements on the leaders ie., they have a business degree or background.

They need to hire someone that can bring businesses to town. Pay that person on a commission....not up front!

They need to fire Garro and Mosloff and Kallenbach and Bednarek. They have been in office too long and not done a darn thing. One term limits!

Thats for starters.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Marquette Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Our Town of Princeton Apr 30 Letstalk2015 17
gelnn oak lumber (Mar '09) Apr 12 ol Joe 3
Cop Tyler Hoerig fears cameras Mar '15 Ryne 1
PPD's finest? Mar '15 Letsralk 2
The cops KNOW Princeton Topix exists. Jan '15 bucknasty 13
Jim Wolff, PLEASE STOP LYING! Jan '15 Reply 3
This is just too, too funny! Jan '15 jsm 1
More from around the web

Marquette People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE