Shark Steam Mop

Full story: WZZM Grand Rapids

When it comes to mopping floors, there are a lot of options these days besides a mop and bucket.
Comments
1 - 20 of 184 Comments Last updated Feb 25, 2014
First Prev
of 10
Next Last
pianoslave

Marfa, TX

#1 Jan 16, 2008
I have the Shark Steam Mop and really like it though it is a little resistent to push on my laminate floor. However, it fell over after just the first use and broke the plastic piece that secures the handle. They offered to send me a new one at no charge but told me it would take 3 weeks. It didn't set well with me that they charged me my second payment before it was even replace. I am not wild about their customer service.
Wide_Stance

Troy, MI

#2 Jan 16, 2008
with a name like "shark steam mop" you weren't the least bit leery that it might be a total piece of kwrap? But thanks for letting us know.
Shirley - Muskegon

West Bloomfield, MI

#3 Jan 17, 2008
I own the Shark Steam Mop and LOVE it. I use it on my laminate hardwood floors and ceremic tile floors. It cleans very well with no chemicals and the floors actually stay clean longer -especially the bathroom floor - no more hairspray residue etc. It's a great product and worth every penny. Pads are machine washable and no dryer! I have extra pads as well.
rebecca

Ann Arbor, MI

#4 Jan 17, 2008
bissel (sp) makes a super rad steam mop. they're quite difficult to find though. about since months ago, i checked every single department store and no one had them. so i ordered it off of the home shopping network (a first!). but the other day when i was a meijers, i noticed that they have started carrying them. i LOVE it. it's quite durable--as i've knocked mine over dozens of times.
Kelly

United States

#5 Jan 17, 2008
I also have the Bissell steam mop and love it! I ordered mine on-line and have been completely satisfied with it. It is a very high quality product and seems to look more durable and user friendly than the Shark steam mop. Besides, it is a trusted West Michigan brand! I recently looked on-line and Amazon.com offers it with free shipping for the same price as the Shark steam mop. I would recomend the Bissell to anyone looking to replace a mop and bucket!
Crystal

United States

#6 Jan 17, 2008
I have the Bissel Steam mop and I love it. The only thing is the pads will shrink if you put them in the dryer so DO NOT MACHINE DRY!!! I even have a little problem with shrinkage without putting them in the dryer! You can get replacement pads off amazon.com though.

One thing I noticed on the video was that the lady was cleaning a hardwood floor that had no finish. You are NOT SUPPOSED TO DO THAT!!! That can damage the wood. They are only supposed to be used on hardwood that has been sealed or finished. I use mine on my sealed hardwood, tile, and laminate and it works great on all of these surfaces.

“Who Cares?”

Since: Jan 08

Muskegon

#7 Jan 17, 2008
All very good info. I have been thinking about getting something like this. Gald to know they work.
Sherri

Shelbyville, MI

#8 Jan 26, 2008
I have been looking for a Shark Steam Mop since Lauren's review. I can't find one anyplace. They are all sold out! Also, am interested in the Bissell one. I have LOTS OF CERAMIC flooring & I am tired of the traditional mopping of floors.
Roof Melter User

Big Rapids, MI

#9 Jan 28, 2008
I know your report hasn't run yet but I am a user of Roof Melter tablets for over 4 years. I do have heat cable on the roof but it can't always keep up and sometimes the type of precipitation effects how good the heat cable can do. The Roof Tabs are not meant to clear your entire roof. If you place them in a line going up your roof you can establish channels for drainage.(which will usually hinder ice dams from forming) Unless you have a really great,accurate throwing arm I would recommend using a short ladder to place some tablets and then short toss the rest!(I'm pretty experienced in this) They also are great for areas that get ice due to dripping/puddling. They last longer than most other ice melting products when exposed to dripping, etc. and on thick ice.
tina

Covington, LA

#10 Feb 9, 2008
Shirley - Muskegon wrote:
I own the Shark Steam Mop and LOVE it. I use it on my laminate hardwood floors and ceremic tile floors. It cleans very well with no chemicals and the floors actually stay clean longer -especially the bathroom floor - no more hairspray residue etc. It's a great product and worth every penny. Pads are machine washable and no dryer! I have extra pads as well.
Where do you buy the extra pads?
tina

Covington, LA

#11 Feb 9, 2008
where do you buy the extra pads?
mitzi

Newport News, VA

#12 Feb 17, 2008
hi Tina
I am looking to but a shark mop, and i am just browsing to see all the reviews.
I checked Ebay and they have pads there, and also amazon has them!
Kathy

AOL

#13 Feb 18, 2008
I ordered a shark steam mop on 1/20/08 and paid extra for express shipping and I still haven't received it.

Tried to cancel but they now say they sent it out 2/15!!!!!
Harriet

AOL

#14 Mar 7, 2008
Target and Sears carry the Shark Steam Mop. I've only used mine once so far, but I really liked it. Does the job and dries quickly. I read the replacement pads can be purchased now at Bed Bath and Beyond, so I'm sure they carry the mop too. Target and Sears do not have the replacement pads.
MomisDaBomb

Phoenix, AZ

#15 Apr 8, 2008
Don't waste your money on the Shark Steam Mop, Sherri.

I wanted a Shark Steam Mop very badly and they were always sold out at my local Target, Kohls and Walmart.

I finally got one about 4 weeks ago. The cord is very short. The water tank goes dry very quickly and the mop leaves streaks on the floor. Also, it doesn't get spots up as easily as shown on the infomercial and it's so cheaply made that on the 5th time I used it, the handle broke in half. I'm very disappointed with this product.
Sherri wrote:
I have been looking for a Shark Steam Mop since Lauren's review. I can't find one anyplace. They are all sold out! Also, am interested in the Bissell one. I have LOTS OF CERAMIC flooring & I am tired of the traditional mopping of floors.
at_least_3_lette rs_There

Upton, MA

#16 Apr 27, 2008
Too much effort to push around, pads get permanently filthy dirty even after washing, doesn't remove scuff marks. I got mine at a store so I will be returning it.
Kena D

Uniontown, PA

#17 May 5, 2008
I just bought a shark steam mop at Target. I was not expecting to like this product after reading many reviews (more bad than good). I used it and so far, I really like it. I live in a mobile home with all laminate and vinyl flooring. I had used the Hoover bare floor scrubber for a few years but it just recently broke. Comparing the two, I would take the steam cleaning method hands down. No more harsh cleaning products or dirty smelly water to empty. The Shark steamer was easy to use and did everything it promised. My floors feel cleaner under my feet with no residue. I am a bit concerned how it will hold up as it doesn't seem to be built with quality materials.
Deerfield Beach

AOL

#18 Jun 8, 2008
Has anyone tried using the microfibber cloths that are sold in costco in place of the pads?
alyssa

Hesperia, CA

#19 Jun 21, 2008
Can you use the shark steam mop on waxed linolium
floors?
Ellen Norco CA

Corona, CA

#20 Jun 29, 2008
I bought the Shark Steam Mop and I can't say enough wonderful things about it. I am dealing with 6 puppies on my hard wood floor, so it comes in handy all day long. The only thing I could suggest is that they make the water reservoir a little bigger, but then it would be heavier. As often as I use it, I am affraid I am going to break the handle, but so far, it's greaaaaaaaaattt.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 10
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Marne Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
'We Don't Have a Strategy' to Fight ISIS t 2 hr kookierecluse 11
Old things and places we remember from the Gran... (Feb '09) 2 hr kookierecluse 936
Meet The Press 5 hr Go Blue Forever 3
why war with isis? 23 hr Colonel Sanders 15
Plafkin Brothers-McDonalds, Home of the Famous ... (Jun '13) Fri Colonel Sanders 9
The cheerleaders with their tight skirts are v... Aug 28 Phil 1
College football roundup: Ohio State starts the... (Sep '13) Aug 28 Buffalo Bull 1,326
•••
•••
Marne Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Marne Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Marne People Search