|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 21, 2013

W Mich Sucks wrote:
<quoted text>
That makes no sense. In this case I have a choice. I spent two years here and hated it and now have a chance to transfer to a better part of the country. Life's way too short to waste your time in a place that doesn't inspire you or that you don't like. I may be young but I've figured that much out. And how can you say that this is the wrong choice? You know nothing about my circumstances. At least in SD I have some family. My aunt and cousins live about 20 minutes from campus. I've spent a lot of time there while growing up. Wrong choice? LOL! Over what, Grand Rapids? I could probably throw a dart at a map and end up in a better place than Grand Rapids!
I did not say not implicate you were making the wrong choice.
Your comprehension skills are lacking.
Methinks your grades aren't so good and you are using your surroundings as an excuse.
Life is not always going to deal you the perfect hand and with that comes your capability to adapt. Sometimes you can't run away. You'll see...

“Selected Marksman”

Since: Aug 08

Northern Virginia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 21, 2013

I did not say "nor" implicate...darn keyboard...the letters keep jumping around...
Sound familiar??
W Mich Sucks

Grand Rapids, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 21, 2013

Judged:

Mr Wiggley wrote:
<quoted text>
I did not say not implicate you were making the wrong choice.
Your comprehension skills are lacking.
Methinks your grades aren't so good and you are using your surroundings as an excuse.
Life is not always going to deal you the perfect hand and with that comes your capability to adapt. Sometimes you can't run away. You'll see...
Wow my grades are bad? Is it that hard for you to believe that someone doesn't like your little beloved town? My GPA is at 3.6 so you're way off. It's real simple, this place sucks.

Since: Mar 09

Grandville, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 21, 2013

I used to hate winters here as well.
But then I decided,....if you cant beat em,...join em.
Bought a snowmobile, and had a riot on that for about two weeks, and then the snow seemed to melt.
Oh well,... it's there for next year!
It's all about how you look at things.
Today was awsome! Nice sunny and warm. I took my new R.C. boat to the park and had some fun.
It's all how you look at it!
Michigan is an awsome place to live,...and if you dont like it,..just leave!(none of us will care)
This past winter was actually pretty mild, we didnt even make it to our "normal" snow levels.
We didnt even have any measurable snow until after Christmas.
It just depends on how you look at things.
I cant wait until next winter!
I'm itching to get the sled out!
Until then, I will enjoy the summer month's!
What a beautiful day we had here today!

(unless you are one of those effected by some flooding)
setrlvr

Lake Odessa, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 21, 2013

W Mich Sucks wrote:
<quoted text>
Everyone I know was asking me why I chose Grand Rapids and now I know why. The only good place around here is Chicago and that's 3 hours away. I've been to Detroit for a basketball game and ugggg that place is like being in an apocalyptic movie! I have a aunt who lives in San Diego and she doesn't have bars on her windows and doors. Things are more expensive there because people actually want to live there, unlike this place. You can buy a 2 bedroom home in this dump for $30,000. That's hardly a reason to want to live here. I would probably end up in central California if I decided to stay in Cali when I'm done with school.
So you're comparing Grand Rapids to Chicago, then complaining that the cost of living is too low? Really? Have you driven North or South of GR? Do you have a drivers license even? The more you explain the lamer your excuses sound. PS...The reason Cali, as you call it, is so expensive isn't because everybody wants to live there, but I don't want you to get confused with adult conversation so I'll spare you. However, when my kids left for college I really didn't want them to come back halfway through so you should probably do some checking there without puting them on the spot with your crying.
vox veritatis

Grand Rapids, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 21, 2013

W Mich Sucks wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow my grades are bad? Is it that hard for you to believe that someone doesn't like your little beloved town? My GPA is at 3.6 so you're way off. It's real simple, this place sucks.
pfft...my daughter has a better GPA at CC than that and she's still in high school. You ain't all that, buttercup.
vox veritatis

Grand Rapids, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 21, 2013

W Mich Sucks wrote:
You can buy a 2 bedroom home in this dump for $30,000.
Sure, if you want to live next to a meth lab. Sounds like your standard of living isn't too high..but then you're from Georgia so you're probably used to that.
Wish you will in the shake and bake state.
W Mich Sucks

Grand Rapids, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 21, 2013

setrlvr wrote:
<quoted text>
So you're comparing Grand Rapids to Chicago, then complaining that the cost of living is too low? Really? Have you driven North or South of GR? Do you have a drivers license even? The more you explain the lamer your excuses sound. PS...The reason Cali, as you call it, is so expensive isn't because everybody wants to live there, but I don't want you to get confused with adult conversation so I'll spare you. However, when my kids left for college I really didn't want them to come back halfway through so you should probably do some checking there without puting them on the spot with your crying.
I have no idea what you are trying to say, you're not making much sense.
Really

Holland, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 21, 2013

W Mich Sucks wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm a sophomore and I'm 20 years old. Do the math. Hardly a professional student buddy.
Next question youngster...why did you stay for a 2nd year when you knew you hated the place? why not transfer out to your next grass is greener destination? Methinks you just like to complain as do many young people these days. Life isn't fair and not every city will answer all of your needs. In any case, good luck.

Since: Mar 09

Grandville, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 21, 2013

W Mich Sucks wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm a sophomore and I'm 20 years old. Do the math. Hardly a professional student buddy.
Did you get "held back"?
setrlvr

Lake Odessa, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 21, 2013

W Mich Sucks wrote:
<quoted text>
I have no idea what you are trying to say, you're not making much sense.
Exactly my point sweetie.
W Mich Sucks

Grand Rapids, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2013

vox veritatis wrote:
<quoted text>
pfft...my daughter has a better GPA at CC than that and she's still in high school. You ain't all that, buttercup.
What are you talking about? What is CC? 3.6 isn't good for a college GPA? You people are weird.
W Mich Sucks

Grand Rapids, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2013

Gville Jim wrote:
<quoted text>Did you get "held back"?
Held back? What are you talking about?
W Mich Sucks

Grand Rapids, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2013

vox veritatis wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure, if you want to live next to a meth lab. Sounds like your standard of living isn't too high..but then you're from Georgia so you're probably used to that.
Wish you will in the shake and bake state.
Meth lab? Standard of living? Are you all drunk? None of you are making any sense, I feel like I've entered the twilight zone or something. Very, very strange.
Heraldo

Hudsonville, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2013

Judged:

WMS - you fit right in here because you appear to suck too!
free thinker

Berkley, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2013

W Mich Sucks wrote:
You can buy a 2 bedroom home in this dump for $30,000.
What neighborhood? Keep in mind, I'm from there. C'mon, peach fuzz face...tell us where those 30K houses are at...an address would also be helpful.
setrlvr

Lake Odessa, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2013

Judged:

Type slower friends. Peach fuzz isn't grasping our questions.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2013

free thinker wrote:
<quoted text>
What neighborhood? Keep in mind, I'm from there. C'mon, peach fuzz face...tell us where those 30K houses are at...an address would also be helpful.
....704 Alexander St.,S.E.$25,000....1130 Logan St., S.E.$34,900.....1862 Farragut St. S.W., Wyoming $18,000.....305 Lemyra St., S.W. Wyoming $28,000..........
free thinker

Southfield, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2013

Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text>....704 Alexander St.,S.E.$25,000....1130 Logan St., S.E.$34,900.....1862 Farragut St. S.W., Wyoming $18,000.....305 Lemyra St., S.W. Wyoming $28,000..........
LOL...yup...drug house neighborhoods smack in the middle of gang territory for the Tres Manos Gang. There's a shooting or stabbing in that area it seems almost every other night. If poor little peach fuzz doesn't like Michigan because of the weather, I'd love to see him try to talk smack with some of those guys.
Oneal

Three Rivers, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2013

Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text>....704 Alexander St.,S.E.$25,000....1130 Logan St., S.E.$34,900.....1862 Farragut St. S.W., Wyoming $18,000.....305 Lemyra St., S.W. Wyoming $28,000..........
Yea, the housing market is really awesome.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Marne Discussions

Search the Marne Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Juneteenth - " celebrating the end of slavery 3 hr Oneal 705
More Lois Lerner Email Shenanigans 10 hr Oneal 4
Local News Women (Apr '09) 16 hr SOS in Mesa 2,293
Is Terri Lynn Land a slumlord? (Jan '12) 17 hr Outrageous 76
Review: A-1 Appliance Repair (Jan '10) Wed Cooking Herb 20
The Russian need a bullet in his head Wed Oneal 4
MI 2010 Michigan Primary Election: Did you vote? (Aug '10) Wed gottondas 5,482
•••
•••