This place is brutal

Posted in the Marne Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
W Mi Sucks

Grand Rapids, MI

#1 Apr 14, 2013
April 14 and its snowing! Whoever says this place is great is a loser. Rain, snow and clouds here in the middle of the rust belt. At least other places that have bad weather have something else to offer like mountains or beautiful scenery. Nothing here in the flatlands to see but dirty old snow piles and its the middle I April! I am a college student and have lived here for two school years but after next month I am heading home to my beautiful state of Georgia and I ain't never coming back. I am only a sophomore and will finish out my two years somewhere else, you people can have this place. Yuck yuck yuck!!! This place is gross! It really helps to venture out like I did because then you know just how good you have it! I suffered through two winters and expected those to be bad but the middle of April? There are too many other places in this country to live in other than this crap pile! May 10th cannot come fast enough!!!!!
Really

Holland, MI

#2 Apr 14, 2013
W Mi Sucks wrote:
April 14 and its snowing! Whoever says this place is great is a loser. Rain, snow and clouds here in the middle of the rust belt. At least other places that have bad weather have something else to offer like mountains or beautiful scenery. Nothing here in the flatlands to see but dirty old snow piles and its the middle I April! I am a college student and have lived here for two school years but after next month I am heading home to my beautiful state of Georgia and I ain't never coming back. I am only a sophomore and will finish out my two years somewhere else, you people can have this place. Yuck yuck yuck!!! This place is gross! It really helps to venture out like I did because then you know just how good you have it! I suffered through two winters and expected those to be bad but the middle of April? There are too many other places in this country to live in other than this crap pile! May 10th cannot come fast enough!!!!!
ba bye. Don't let the door hit you where the good Lord split you. Ummm, as a side note, you might want to check out the weather in GA.I understand theirs is up and down just like it is here.
W Mi Sucks

Grand Rapids, MI

#3 Apr 14, 2013
Really wrote:
<quoted text>ba bye. Don't let the door hit you where the good Lord split you. Ummm, as a side note, you might want to check out the weather in GA.I understand theirs is up and down just like it is here.
I check my local weather everyday. 68 and rain today and 75 and sunny on Monday. It ain't nothing like it is here. I'll be out faster than the door can hit me dude! Enjoy this dump! LOL!
Really

Holland, MI

#4 Apr 14, 2013
W Mi Sucks wrote:
<quoted text> I check my local weather everyday. 68 and rain today and 75 and sunny on Monday. It ain't nothing like it is here. I'll be out faster than the door can hit me dude! Enjoy this dump! LOL!
I do love this country of ours, don't you?? You don't have to stay someplace you hate and you can even express your dislike of that place. Good luck in your future endeavors and I sincerely hope you don't see snow again in Georgia like they did this winter. LOL
W Mich Suck

Grand Rapids, MI

#5 Apr 14, 2013
Really wrote:
<quoted text>I do love this country of ours, don't you?? You don't have to stay someplace you hate and you can even express your dislike of that place. Good luck in your future endeavors and I sincerely hope you don't see snow again in Georgia like they did this winter. LOL
It snowed almost every winter where I lived but not on mid April. This winter here has lasted 6 months! And the clouds, its like they're always overhead. This place has got to be the worst! Dreary, cold, windy! Yuck yuck yuck!

“lover”

Since: Feb 09

Dorr MI

#6 Apr 15, 2013
http://www.mlive.com/news/grand-rapids/index.... Wait until the weather warms up. Good old Grand Rapids.
Richard Fitzwell

Hudsonville, MI

#7 Apr 15, 2013
W Mich Suck wrote:
<quoted text>
It snowed almost every winter where I lived but not on mid April. This winter here has lasted 6 months! And the clouds, its like they're always overhead. This place has got to be the worst! Dreary, cold, windy! Yuck yuck yuck!
So what college are you flunking out of?
Cindy

Holland, MI

#8 Apr 15, 2013
I agree this weather has just about everyone on a downer. Weather is better in other places but for those who are from here it's just something we have learned to deal with. I want to retire some place warm and sunny but that will be a few years down the road as my husband plans on working for at least 5 more years.
Oneal

Three Rivers, MI

#9 Apr 15, 2013
W Mich Suck wrote:
<quoted text>
More driving, less whining:

131 will get you to Indiana. 96 to 23 will get you to Ohio.

And don't let a pothole hit you on your way out.
setrlvr

Lake Odessa, MI

#10 Apr 15, 2013
I thought Georgia was a let down and not half as beautiful as Michigan. Michigan's summers and falls are well worth the wait.
vox veritatis

Grand Rapids, MI

#11 Apr 15, 2013
W Mich Suck wrote:
So they don't teach you in school that northern states experience winter conditions longer than in the south? Sheesh...you got your undies in a bunch because Michigan doesn't have weather just like Georgia? Comical. BTW...we didn't get our first measurable snowfall until almost Christmas. Last I checked, December 22 to April 13 isn't 6 months, but they may be teaching you some special kind of math in college that I haven't heard of yet. Oh...here's a tip for you; if you don't like cloudy weather, stay away from the Seattle area as well.
Batch 37 Pain Is Good

Farmington, MI

#12 Apr 15, 2013
It is mud season and no red clay sticks to us..... Enjoy your 95 percent humidity at 100 degrees for eight months......
W Mi Sucks

Grand Rapids, MI

#13 Apr 16, 2013
vox veritatis wrote:
<quoted text>
So they don't teach you in school that northern states experience winter conditions longer than in the south? Sheesh...you got your undies in a bunch because Michigan doesn't have weather just like Georgia? Comical. BTW...we didn't get our first measurable snowfall until almost Christmas. Last I checked, December 22 to April 13 isn't 6 months, but they may be teaching you some special kind of math in college that I haven't heard of yet. Oh...here's a tip for you; if you don't like cloudy weather, stay away from the Seattle area as well.
So winter is only months that have snow on the ground? It was freezing out in November. I've been to Seattle and though it is cloudy in the winter it is a beautiful place with mountains and Puget Sound with all the islands. No comparison to this dump. Flat corn fields and cold, clou covered days. Yuck yuck yuck.
W Mi Sucks

Grand Rapids, MI

#14 Apr 16, 2013
Oneal wrote:
<quoted text>
More driving, less whining:
131 will get you to Indiana. 96 to 23 will get you to Ohio.
And don't let a pothole hit you on your way out.
Don't need directions. I have a Tom Tom. Enjoy living out your life in this dump!
cannonfodder

Comstock Park, MI

#16 Apr 16, 2013
W Mi Sucks wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't need directions. I have a Tom Tom. Enjoy living out your life in this dump!
At least you have a choice; for now, anyway.
free thinker

Farmington, MI

#17 Apr 16, 2013
W Mi Sucks wrote:
So winter is only months that have snow on the ground?
For those of us that aren't total wussies...yes. For you, I'd imagine it's any time that the temp falls below 50 degrees for more than a couple of days. By the Calendar, winter is December 21 to March 20..less than 3 months. Oh, I forgot...they don't actually have seasons in Georgia unless you count 'rainy' and 'bake the red clay' hot so you might have never noticed that before.
It's okay...not everyone is tough enough to be a Northerner.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#18 Apr 16, 2013
setrlvr wrote:
I thought Georgia was a let down and not half as beautiful as Michigan. Michigan's summers and falls are well worth the wait.
I grew up in Michigan and Chicago, live in FL since the 80's.....and still miss Fall tremendously...Springs were alway's sloppy, especially in Chicago....big piles of nuclear snow, that would'nt melt till May....lol....Cold is less pleasurable as we age.....From my perspective here, i have seen many move to North Carolina, then return saying it was'nt as nice as they thought.....
vox veritatis

Grand Rapids, MI

#19 Apr 16, 2013
Go Blue Forever wrote:
From my perspective here, i have seen many move to North Carolina, then return saying it was'nt as nice as they thought.....
We lived in Eastern North Carolina for a couple of years. There were no fall colors...just brown. You had two seasons: Rainy and hot as hell with a side of suffocating humidity. The first year, we had hurricane Hugo and then in December a blizzard came up the East coast and we got more snow in North Carolina than they had in Michigan...shut everything down for days because they couldn't handle it. We would have had it cleaned up in 24 hours here in Michigan. Then there was the blatant racism; the N word and 'darkie' were common words where we lived.
We couldn't wait to move back to Michigan again. North Carolina, in the OP's words,'Yuck, yuck, yuck'.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#21 Apr 17, 2013
Yeah, i tried to sell both wives on the merits of western North Carolina, over the lifetime....finally realizing that unless we became wealthy, there was nothing to do.....lol....I looked hard at Oregon, when i got divorced, but kinda drizzly and cold.....Finally i figured, where we are here in Palm Beach area, is also where so many with so much, want to be for half the year....so i guess, i am good....
W Mich Sucks

Grand Rapids, MI

#22 Apr 19, 2013
Another beautiful day in this skank city! The leaves aren't even out yet, everything looks so dead and yucky! My car was cover in a layer of snow tonight! Just 20 more days! I can't wait to drive through the Smokies on my way back home, they are sooooo beautiful this time of year!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Marne Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Does Anyone miss Rval? (Nov '12) 4 hr Ryleigh 52
Democrat's Husband Caught Stealing Republican C... 8 hr Oneal 4
Holder Says He Regrets Fox Reporter Subpoena .... 8 hr Oneal 4
21st century huberis flips the bird to national... Wed bobolinq 1
Sturgis latino festival (Aug '07) Wed sturgis urinal 6
Hillary says, "Businesses Don't Create Jobs" Wed Oneal 3
"I was in a state of denial:" West Mi... Wed cora arch 1
Marne Dating
Find my Match

Marne People Search