Jay Carney blames George W. Bush for IRS targeting

Posted in the Marne Forum

Comments
1 - 11 of 11 Comments Last updated May 20, 2013
Rob

United States

#1 May 15, 2013
“Republicans go on the offensive in Holder hearing "

White House releases nearly 100 pages additional documents related to Benghazi response

Also #breaking: President #Obama says the acting head of the #IRS is now out of a job, adding –“I’m angry.”

Acting IRS commissioner Steven Miller will not leave immediately, he will leave in early June.”
Mark Luxford

Grand Rapids, MI

#2 May 17, 2013
I read an interesting story on the IRS controversy yesterday. It seems that the IRS has in the past denied the tax exemption applications of two groups that advocated for gay rights on the basis of their advocacy for gay rights. The problem then, and the problem today, is that the IRS guidelines for determining an allowable limit for political activity on 501(c)(4) applications are so vague and lax they allow the personal opinion and biases of the person making the determination on an application to inappropriately become a part of the criteria. In the current case, given the fact that the number of 501(c(4) applications went up over 100% in the time period in question, it's possible tha the members of that team that reviews and makes a determination of those tax-exemption applications saw that surge in applications from anti-tax groups and feared for their long-term job security and developed that inappropriate criteria for extra scrutiny in response. When the IG interviewed the members of that team that reviews the applications they all indicated that no one outside the IRS had a role in the development or implementation of the extra scrutiny criteria. So, I think Obama's anger could be genuine. Because of the actions of those clowns on that team at the IRS he's got another crisis on his hands that he has to deal with.
Heraldo

Hudsonville, MI

#3 May 17, 2013
Mark Luxford wrote:
I read an interesting story on the IRS controversy yesterday. It seems that the IRS has in the past denied the tax exemption applications of two groups that advocated for gay rights on the basis of their advocacy for gay rights. The problem then, and the problem today, is that the IRS guidelines for determining an allowable limit for political activity on 501(c)(4) applications are so vague and lax they allow the personal opinion and biases of the person making the determination on an application to inappropriately become a part of the criteria. In the current case, given the fact that the number of 501(c(4) applications went up over 100% in the time period in question, it's possible tha the members of that team that reviews and makes a determination of those tax-exemption applications saw that surge in applications from anti-tax groups and feared for their long-term job security and developed that inappropriate criteria for extra scrutiny in response. When the IG interviewed the members of that team that reviews the applications they all indicated that no one outside the IRS had a role in the development or implementation of the extra scrutiny criteria. So, I think Obama's anger could be genuine. Because of the actions of those clowns on that team at the IRS he's got another crisis on his hands that he has to deal with.
If you consider the US as we know it important, Obama doesn't have a crisis, he IS THE CRISIS!
pipedream

Grand Blanc, MI

#4 May 17, 2013
Regarding the IRS so-called scandal. The 501(c)(4) tax-exempt status is reserved for Civic Leagues, Social Welfare Organizations and Local Associations of Employees, and organizations seeking this status are EXPRESSLY forbidden from endorsing and aiding candidates for public office, as Tea Party organizations do on a daily basis. It makes PERFECT sense that the IRS should scrutinize them more closely. Indeed ITS THERE JOB to do so.

Since: Mar 09

Grandville, MI

#5 May 17, 2013
pipedream wrote:
Regarding the IRS so-called scandal. The 501(c)(4) tax-exempt status is reserved for Civic Leagues, Social Welfare Organizations and Local Associations of Employees, and organizations seeking this status are EXPRESSLY forbidden from endorsing and aiding candidates for public office, as Tea Party organizations do on a daily basis. It makes PERFECT sense that the IRS should scrutinize them more closely. Indeed ITS THERE JOB to do so.
Good point. But what about the fact that they singled out conservative organizations, but not liberal ones?
And Obama say's he just learned about it last Friday while watching the news:
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/obam...

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Journalism/2013/...

http://www.whitehousedossier.com/2013/05/17/o...

http://www.businessinsider.com/irs-scandal-ob...

Mitt was right on about you 47% ers!
pipedream

Grand Blanc, MI

#6 May 17, 2013
Gville Jim wrote:
<quoted text>Good point. But what about the fact that they singled out conservative organizations, but not liberal ones?
The IRS is an independent branch of the govt. And they have been singling out both liberal AND conservative organizations for tax-exempt status. They are going after tax cheats period. Doesn't matter what political affiliation they are This garbage is purely political as are the other so-called scandals the right have been groping over. There is VERY LITTLE substance to ANY of them, and the facts will come out to show this IRS thing is just another clown act orchestrated by the right to somehow tie Obama into actions taken by the IRS to crack down on the rampant abuse over the past 6 years by 501 (c)(4) and (c)(3) applicants.
Rob

United States

#7 May 17, 2013
pipedream wrote:
<quoted text>The IRS is an independent branch of the govt. And they have been singling out both liberal AND conservative organizations for tax-exempt status. They are going after tax cheats period. Doesn't matter what political affiliation they are This garbage is purely political as are the other so-called scandals the right have been groping over. There is VERY LITTLE substance to ANY of them, and the facts will come out to show this IRS thing is just another clown act orchestrated by the right to somehow tie Obama into actions taken by the IRS to crack down on the rampant abuse over the past 6 years by 501 (c)(4) and (c)(3) applicants.
That must be some good stuff you smoke. Both parties are agreeing yet here you are telling everybody else they are wrong. Lol! Stick to your dancing job kido!
setrlvr

Lake Odessa, MI

#8 May 18, 2013
pipedream wrote:
<quoted text>
The IRS is an independent branch of the govt. And they have been singling out both liberal AND conservative organizations for tax-exempt status. They are going after tax cheats period. Doesn't matter what political affiliation they are This garbage is purely political as are the other so-called scandals the right have been groping over. There is VERY LITTLE substance to ANY of them, and the facts will come out to show this IRS thing is just another clown act orchestrated by the right to somehow tie Obama into actions taken by the IRS to crack down on the rampant abuse over the past 6 years by 501 (c)(4) and (c)(3) applicants.
Do you skip around yelling, "I love him, I love him, I love him and I don't care who know it!?" Cuz that's what we're hearing everytime you gush.
Linda

United States

#9 May 18, 2013
setrlvr wrote:
<quoted text>Do you skip around yelling, "I love him, I love him, I love him and I don't care who know it!?" Cuz that's what we're hearing everytime you gush.
He does dance with a Obama costume
Heraldo

Hudsonville, MI

#10 May 20, 2013
Linda wrote:
<quoted text>
You go girl!
free thinker

Farmington, MI

#11 May 20, 2013
Linda wrote:
And sleeps with an inflatable Obama doll while wearing his Obama jammies that his mommy got him for Christmas. Goes a long ways towards understanding why the poor soul is so disturbed, now doesn't it?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Marne Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
'We Don't Have a Strategy' to Fight ISIS t 5 hr kookierecluse 11
Old things and places we remember from the Gran... (Feb '09) 6 hr kookierecluse 936
Meet The Press 9 hr Go Blue Forever 3
why war with isis? Fri Colonel Sanders 15
Plafkin Brothers-McDonalds, Home of the Famous ... (Jun '13) Fri Colonel Sanders 9
The cheerleaders with their tight skirts are v... Aug 28 Phil 1
College football roundup: Ohio State starts the... (Sep '13) Aug 28 Buffalo Bull 1,326
•••
•••
•••

Marne Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Marne People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Marne News, Events & Info