Pine Rest psychologist arrested for child sex crimes

Full story: WZZM Grand Rapids

Investigators say a child psychologist faces criminal sexual conduct charges for acts committed with an adolescent.
Comments
1 - 20 of 80 Comments Last updated Jan 23, 2013
First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Moving to GR soon

Hill City, SD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1
Apr 2, 2008
 
I cant believe someone would do this! A child psychologist had sex with another child. What is wrong with people?!?! That child will be hurt for the rest of her/his life because of this creep.

“I LOVE MY KIDS AND MY MOMMY”

Since: Mar 08

Kentwood

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2
Apr 2, 2008
 
I KNOW this man, and this is absolutely without a doubt NOT TRUE. He has devoted his lifes work to helping kids. We need to wait for more facts before making any judgements.

“Common sense RULES ”

Since: Sep 07

West Michigan

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3
Apr 2, 2008
 
IF proven try, they should fry this dude. He's supposed to be helping people, some help he is. Hope he loses his license.
concerned

Byron Center, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4
Apr 2, 2008
 
My kids are(were) patients, but I was always in the room. He seems like such a nice man, it's just scary to think it could be true.
Gregory

Holland, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5
Apr 2, 2008
 
If he is found guilty, they should turn him loose and let us deal with him.
before some bleeding heart judge feels sorry for him and gives him probation.

Since: Sep 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6
Apr 2, 2008
 
Lock him with the dog beater.
Lisa in GR

Detroit, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7
Apr 2, 2008
 
If he is not guilty, I feel horrible for him. His career is probably over. However, if he is guilty- what a scum bag. My son saw him a couple of times and I always had a strange feeling about him. I guess I should go with my gut instinct next time. I am just thankful he was never alone with my son.
LAKETON

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8
Apr 2, 2008
 
Innocent until proven guilty.

And why did WZZM headline it as PineRest Psychiatrist arrested.......... when it had nothing to do with Pinerest and it wasn't a patient?
Taxpayer

Grand Rapids, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9
Apr 2, 2008
 
LAKETON wrote:
Innocent until proven guilty.
And why did WZZM headline it as PineRest Psychiatrist arrested.......... when it had nothing to do with Pinerest and it wasn't a patient?
It's called "story context" and WZZM felt that they needed to let people know who his employer was, but that no one from this location made the claim of abuse. It's to calm the public and also to warn the public at the same time.

Your idea of "innocent until proven guilty" means zero to the children he's harmed, but thanks for sticking up for this piece of garbage. Maybe you can write him letters when he does prison time if you're that concerned for him. He's a pig.
Pam

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#10
Apr 2, 2008
 
Lucy in Rockford wrote:
Lock him with the dog beater.
This is a great idea! Lets vote!!!

“Dude, Where's my car?”

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11
Apr 2, 2008
 
Taxpayer wrote:
<quoted text>
It's called "story context" and WZZM felt that they needed to let people know who his employer was, but that no one from this location made the claim of abuse. It's to calm the public and also to warn the public at the same time.
Your idea of "innocent until proven guilty" means zero to the children he's harmed, but thanks for sticking up for this piece of garbage. Maybe you can write him letters when he does prison time if you're that concerned for him. He's a pig.
Right on target Taxpayer. I second your post.

“Hmmm ... ”

Since: Mar 08

Fremont

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#12
Apr 2, 2008
 
smith113004 wrote:
I KNOW this man, and this is absolutely without a doubt NOT TRUE. He has devoted his lifes work to helping kids. We need to wait for more facts before making any judgements.
Way to contradict yourself. First you say I KNOW he didn't do this. Then you say wait until all the facts come out. What if he did commit a sex crime?

Since: Jul 07

Key West

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#13
Apr 2, 2008
 
smith113004 wrote:
I KNOW this man, and this is absolutely without a doubt NOT TRUE. He has devoted his lifes work to helping kids. We need to wait for more facts before making any judgements.
Sweety,I know it's hard to believe.
I too am stunned,he was a kind man,the times I met him.

You just never know WTH people do behind closed doors.
caleb

Brookfield, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#14
Apr 2, 2008
 
i ahd this dude as my pshycologisht
Kelly

Rapid City, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#15
Apr 2, 2008
 
I can't believe this is true.
Dr Marcano has been my son and my Dr. for eight years.
He is the kindest most decent and caring person I have ever met and we love him!
Good Dr., if you read this we and our prayers are with you!!!
Love Kelly and Doug
reader of wzzm

Caledonia, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#16
Apr 2, 2008
 
We agree with Kelly and Doug, We're sending our prayers and thoughts to his family and friends. Innocent until proven guilty...sometimes when people have it in for someone...they can say anything.
annie

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#17
Apr 2, 2008
 
when I saw the picture I thought creepy guy I wouldn't let my kids go to him.

“I LOVE MY KIDS AND MY MOMMY”

Since: Mar 08

Kentwood

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#18
Apr 2, 2008
 
Momma2007 wrote:
<quoted text>
Way to contradict yourself. First you say I KNOW he didn't do this. Then you say wait until all the facts come out. What if he did commit a sex crime?
You are absolutely right. My first instinct was to defend my friend, but now after talking to the family I stand corrected.
SUE

Pentwater, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#19
Apr 2, 2008
 
SURPRISE SURPRISE !!!!!!

Why do you think these PERVS choose the occupations they do? CHILD psychologists, Teachers. Get it ??? So they can be closer to their prey. Lock them all up and throw away the frickin keys.
PETA

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#20
Apr 2, 2008
 
Sound like you need a new Dr anyway.
Kelly wrote:
I can't believe this is true.
Dr Marcano has been my son and my Dr. for eight years.
He is the kindest most decent and caring person I have ever met and we love him!
Good Dr., if you read this we and our prayers are with you!!!
Love Kelly and Doug

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Marne Discussions

Search the Marne Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Juneteenth - " celebrating the end of slavery 23 min Dr X 730
Old things and places we remember from the Gran... (Feb '09) 9 hr Torch14th 931
Grand Rapids Police Close The Books On An Unsol... 11 hr Go Blue Forever 1
Why do people act ghetto? I am talking about al... (Dec '12) 11 hr mosey on downa hoedown 35
Is Terri Lynn Land a slumlord? (Jan '12) 23 hr Arthur 78
More Lois Lerner Email Shenanigans Thu Oneal 4
Local News Women (Apr '09) Wed SOS in Mesa 2,293
•••
•••
•••
•••

Marne Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Marne People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Marne News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Marne
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••