Shoppers urged to support local busin...

Shoppers urged to support local businesses

There are 3 comments on the WZZM Grand Rapids story from Dec 15, 2007, titled Shoppers urged to support local businesses. In it, WZZM Grand Rapids reports that:

As several people hit the stores this holiday, there is a reminder out from area businesses and Governor Jennifer Granholm: Support your local economy.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WZZM Grand Rapids.

Beth

Traverse City, MI

#1 Dec 15, 2007
Unfortunately with the economy the way it is most of us can't afford to shop at the mom-and-pop shops. It is such a lose-lose situation. They can't afford to have as low of prices as places like Walmart and therefore we can't afford to shop there.
Unimpressed by Granholm

Midland, MI

#2 Dec 15, 2007
Geez wish she would have thought about keeping money in local economy while all the businesses have fled the state over the last few years.
Batch 37 Pain Is Good

United States

#3 Dec 16, 2007
Unimpressed by Granholm wrote:
Geez wish she would have thought about keeping money in local economy while all the businesses have fled the state over the last few years.
And where is our Senators on the AMT taxes that is going to crush families? This add on tax punishes people making $75,000 as a household. Most of us are going to have to pay an extra 2-3000 on top of what the government steals from us. Jen is a Dem, Stabenow is a Dem, Levin is a Dem. I guess there will be no Plasma TV for my house.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Marne Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Local News Women (Apr '09) 21 hr NewsFan13 2,872
News Zeeland teacher fired after inappropriate behav... (Apr '08) Wed Maddietwo 49
Poll Betty Ford has died. Do you care? (Jul '11) Tue Jan 265
News Construction has few blacks, report says (Aug '07) Tue Mikeymike116 615
Grand Rapids; a good place to live? (Mar '12) Mar 27 Sounds great 190
i gots to FART Mar 25 poopit 1
are the protesters going to jump Mar 25 Uranus prober 67

Marne Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Marne Mortgages