|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2012

Judged:

http://www.hostessstrike.info/

Union workers strike themselves out of a job. I wonder if the Obama entitlement payments will be more than what they received working for a living.

Unfortunate for all the non-union employees at Hostess and their vendors that lost their job due to the greed of the union.
Bob

Big Rapids, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2012

Judged:

The propaganda site you linked to failed to explain what wage and benefit concessions that the union was asked to give to cover for the mistakes management made in operating the company. It also didn't explain what concessions that management was going to take, if any of course.
Chip

Madison, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2012

Judged:

Bob wrote:
The propaganda site you linked to failed to explain what wage and benefit concessions that the union was asked to give to cover for the mistakes management made in operating the company. It also didn't explain what concessions that management was going to take, if any of course.
Final offer that included an 8 percent wage cut, changes in work rules and a temporary break from payments to a multi-employer pension plan.

Does it really matter what the union wanted, clearly it was more than the company could afford, something that should be blatantly obvious, but I forgot about you Bob.
Chip

Madison, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2012

Judged:

Union threats workers who waned to go to work with a fine of $140 a day. Yes they are really concerned about their members.
SOS in Mesa

Phoenix, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2012

Judged:

Chip wrote:
http://www.hostessstrike.info/
Union workers strike themselves out of a job. I wonder if the Obama entitlement payments will be more than what they received working for a living.
Unfortunate for all the non-union employees at Hostess and their vendors that lost their job due to the greed of the union.
Must be Bush's fault.
Bob

Big Rapids, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2012

Judged:

Chip wrote:
<quoted text>
Final offer that included an 8 percent wage cut, changes in work rules and a temporary break from payments to a multi-employer pension plan.
Does it really matter what the union wanted, clearly it was more than the company could afford, something that should be blatantly obvious, but I forgot about you Bob.
What IS blatantly obvious is that company management either failed to operate the business in a profitable manner, or like many other companies have done, looked to increase profits by making workers take cuts in pay and benefits.

I have no idea where you came up with your figures, but you or that source failed to mention what management was giving up, which most likely was nothing.

I feel sorry for the workers who have lost their jobs due to management's failures. To blame the workers for problems that the company's owners created is typical of anyone who has never had to work production without any say in how the company operates.

Bottom Line -

The company and its management failed!
Chip

Madison, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2012

Judged:

Bob wrote:
<quoted text>
What IS blatantly obvious is that company management either failed to operate the business in a profitable manner, or like many other companies have done, looked to increase profits by making workers take cuts in pay and benefits.
I have no idea where you came up with your figures, but you or that source failed to mention what management was giving up, which most likely was nothing.
I feel sorry for the workers who have lost their jobs due to management's failures. To blame the workers for problems that the company's owners created is typical of anyone who has never had to work production without any say in how the company operates.
Bottom Line -
The company and its management failed!
"Looked to increase profits by making workers take cuts in pay and benefits."

They were losing money, thats why they are going bankrupt. Clearly this statement shows your lack of understanding.
bobolinq

Belmont, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2012

Judged:

companies get the union(s) they deserve
Elephant Gun

Muskegon, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2012

Judged:

That company first filed for bankruptcy over 5 years ago. the current ceo lays most of the blame on the former ceo who took a 300% pay raise during the bankruptcy while the workers took a pay cut. Did you get that part you dingaling republican. The workers took a pay cut in order to save the company. The ceo then sucked up the savings with a pay raise even though he couldnt run a profitable copmpany. Did you dingaling republicans get that? Due to mismanagement the company was not profitable and that is the reason the company went bankrupt again. That ought to teach that ceo who took a raise while running the compnay into the ground not only is he out of a job but has over 18,000 workers mad at him.
Mark

Rockford, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2012

Judged:

Executive are asking the judge to approve $1.8 million in bonuses for executives after they said they can't affort to pay retiree benefits:

http://www.ksdk.com/news/article/349626/3/Hos... -

Executives are lining up their golden parachutes as they run the business into the ground.
Linda

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2012

Judged:

James wrote:
Mark, I totally get what you are saying I too find it out of place on the executives part to be asking for this. Just wondering though, are you just as upset with Obama spending $4 million on a 20 day vacation in Hawaii? I find this out of place as this country is struggling with a bad economy. Couldn't he take a smaller, cheaper vacation? Does he need one in the first place? Your thoughts?

http://www.hawaiireporter.com/residents-alert...
His head is empty. Can you tell??
Bob

Big Rapids, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2012

Judged:

Elephant Gun wrote:
That company first filed for bankruptcy over 5 years ago. the current ceo lays most of the blame on the former ceo who took a 300% pay raise during the bankruptcy while the workers took a pay cut. Did you get that part you dingaling republican. The workers took a pay cut in order to save the company. The ceo then sucked up the savings with a pay raise even though he couldnt run a profitable copmpany. Did you dingaling republicans get that? Due to mismanagement the company was not profitable and that is the reason the company went bankrupt again. That ought to teach that ceo who took a raise while running the compnay into the ground not only is he out of a job but has over 18,000 workers mad at him.
It's more than just the workers who are mad.

The first time that the bankruptcy court heard of these executive pay raises, it came from a group of unsecured creditors who stand a very good chance of not getting paid for the products or services they provided to this deadbeat company.

How many of these companies will be forced to lay off employees just to fuel the greed of a few venture capitalists?
great grandpa

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2012

Judged:

All of these issues are beside the point. The point is, the company told the workers if they go on strike, they will go out of business. The union called their bluff, and got their azzes handed to them on a plate.

Since: Feb 10

Grand Rapids, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2012

Judged:

Bob wrote:
<quoted text>
It's more than just the workers who are mad.
The first time that the bankruptcy court heard of these executive pay raises, it came from a group of unsecured creditors who stand a very good chance of not getting paid for the products or services they provided to this deadbeat company.
How many of these companies will be forced to lay off employees just to fuel the greed of a few venture capitalists?
None. The bonuses are $1.8 million. That works out to $97.30 per worker. Hostess is in the red for billions. Whether the execs get $0,$1.8 million or $18 million it has no impact on the workers, their final pay or the bankruptcy proceedings. The only ones it impacts are those that eventually buy the brands. And they will probably pay more to the lawyers than for the bonuses.

What someone else makes has no impact on anyone else within a company. Whether the CEO makes $1 or $100 million, it has zero impact on what other people are paid.

More importantly, what difference does it make to you and your paycheck?

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2012

Judged:

Mark wrote:
Executive are asking the judge to approve $1.8 million in bonuses for executives after they said they can't affort to pay retiree benefits:
http://www.ksdk.com/news/article/349626/3/Hos... -
Executives are lining up their golden parachutes as they run the business into the ground.
I agree that the unions aren't likely faultless, in this situation...but these plans to reward these executives for failure, totally eludes all common sense....BTW, Wonder bread had become an awful product, we had some and it fell apart when used for sandwiches...it was only decent as toast....nothing like baked goods, from disgruntled workers, eh?...lol...

Since: Feb 10

Grand Rapids, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2012

Judged:

Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text> I agree that the unions aren't likely faultless, in this situation...but these plans to reward these executives for failure, totally eludes all common sense....BTW, Wonder bread had become an awful product, we had some and it fell apart when used for sandwiches...it was only decent as toast....nothing like baked goods, from disgruntled workers, eh?...lol...
How many times had Hostess gone into bankruptcy? Were these contracts "rewards" or were the bonuses part of the original offers to get these guys to take the jobs? Think of K-Mart. I don't know anyone at a high level who would take a job with K-Mart right now without a large salary and a guaranteed bonus. Unless things turn around, K-Mark, like Hostess is a guaranteed failure for a senior exec.

So the salary and bonuses are put in place to be able to hire people who hopefully can give the company a chance to survive. They tried but were not able to keep Hostess alive. The bonuses aren't rewards for success, that would have come later. They were guarantees for accepting an impossible assignment.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2012

Judged:

That probably makes sense, except for the fact that most of these companies continue to make marketing an other mistakes that keep them from catching their competition. This, high-priced corporate talent must be full of hidden talents, because you just don't often see it, in the way the specific business is run.....Years ago, i had business with the #2 man for Federated Dept. Stores, i believe they had Macys, Marshall Fields and Jordan Marsh or Hudsons....One of the worst personalitie's, you would see in your life.....yet, he must have had hidden corporate talents....
Mark Luxford

Grand Rapids, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2012

Judged:

Chip wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, Chip, that wage cut was 8% per year over the duration of the contract and not just a one-time cut. Also, the pension issue involved Hostess "borrowing" the pension money the union contributed and the bandruptcy judge said they didn't have to repay that money. And, they wanted to change the health plan to a lower quality plan and have the employees pay a larger percentage of the premium for that less compehensive plan. Oh, of course we can't forget the pay increases given to the executives when the bankruptcy filing was made, ranging from 300% for the CEO to 50% for the lower-ranking executives; nor the $1.75-million in bonuses the management wanted to pay the executives when the final filing was made. Tell me, could you get by on a 25% pay cut, and a poor quality health insurance plan; especially knowing that the executives at your plant wsre being handsomely rewarded while taking money out of your pocket?
Chip

Stoughton, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2012

Mark Luxford wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, Chip, that wage cut was 8% per year over the duration of the contract and not just a one-time cut. Also, the pension issue involved Hostess "borrowing" the pension money the union contributed and the bandruptcy judge said they didn't have to repay that money. And, they wanted to change the health plan to a lower quality plan and have the employees pay a larger percentage of the premium for that less compehensive plan. Oh, of course we can't forget the pay increases given to the executives when the bankruptcy filing was made, ranging from 300% for the CEO to 50% for the lower-ranking executives; nor the $1.75-million in bonuses the management wanted to pay the executives when the final filing was made. Tell me, could you get by on a 25% pay cut, and a poor quality health insurance plan; especially knowing that the executives at your plant wsre being handsomely rewarded while taking money out of your pocket?
A cut that last the duration of a contract is an 8% cut. I didn't read anything that says it was a consecutive cut? If so please provide documentation? Yes I know how you union people hate those pesky little things like actual facts. The wages of the CEO are not relevant, the amount is simply insignificant in the grand scheme of things, arguing about it is simply a waste of time.
Yes I could get by on a 25% pay cut even though that is not what is being asked. I have skills that are in demand and I would simply get another job instead of crying about things and acting like a child and destroying other peopleís careers.
5,000 union members destroyed 18,500 jobs. What about all the non-executive non-union employees. You donít seem to care one bit about them, just shows you are more concerned about your ideals than anything else, sounds like a weak character to me.

Since: Mar 09

Grandville, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2012

Judged:

Solyndra executives took home millions in bonus money before they went bankrupt.
But, then, Solyndra was run by a bunch of Obama's cronies, and campaign contributors, and recieved some $550 million in stimulus money from Obama as a payback for their contributions.
I guess thats why in liberal land, those bonus's were o-k.
Ohhhhhhh the Hypocrisy of the left just continues.........

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of40
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
Marne Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Marne Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••