Linda

Byron Center, MI

#912 Feb 10, 2014
Used to hang out at the Butterwagon all the time when I was a teen (60s). met alot of celebs coming from the Civic Theater. They would eat at the Knife and Fork or the Butterwagon. Played pool at the Golden 8, went bowling at the Fanitorium...Downtown Grand Rapids was fun!!
robc

Rochester, NY

#913 Feb 23, 2014
Marti from Michigan wrote:
<quoted text>
Was there a Fat Boy's on Division street in Kentwood? Maybe Fat Man's??
fat boy on Plainfield never side by 3 mi
Larry

Hudsonville, MI

#914 Feb 24, 2014
Linda wrote:
<quoted text>
The Cedar Bar was a little neighborhood bar next to the alley by Fulton and Lexington we used to go in there for pop when we were kids in the 50s. I remember the owner and his son when he was a teen...Great people!!
You can say that again Linda. Oh wait - you already did!
west sider

Kalamazoo, MI

#915 Mar 7, 2014
[My dad spent many an hour at E&J looking for a great deal.]
west sider

Kalamazoo, MI

#916 Mar 7, 2014
My dad spent many an hour looking for a deal at E&J.
IBKD

Caledonia, MI

#917 Mar 13, 2014
ahh those summer days when we would cut thru the backyards and woods to go to Woodland ... and reciting a jingle got you free candy!
Farrells features fabulous foods ....
I think I remember Bob Sullivan yelling at us at the Alibi.
IBKD

Caledonia, MI

#918 Mar 13, 2014
Congrats Cindi, I see that you remembered the whole Farrells jingle.
And someone else mentioned their zoo. I had forgotten that fine sundae.

Woodland had the Body Shop with that tunnel of posters, water pipes, and black lites.
IBKD

Caledonia, MI

#919 Mar 13, 2014
It was groov-a-delic!
relic

Ionia, MI

#920 Mar 17, 2014
Early 70's trivia: you've got an uncle in the furniture business..........
Another Observer

Jenison, MI

#921 Mar 18, 2014
relic wrote:
Early 70's trivia: you've got an uncle in the furniture business..........
Bargain Benny...Former factory worker and union member.
Ivytamwood

Cedar Springs, MI

#922 Mar 21, 2014
countryrivergal wrote:
<quoted text>
Boy, that restaurant was one of my favorites as a kid. Even today, every bowl of French Onion Soup takes me back to those magical days. I remember it being in Woodland Mall, but I could be wrong. What ever happened to that restaurant?
Maybe someone answered this further down, but it was in North Kent Mall. I loved the 3 tiered salad fixings brought to the table. And they had the best chicken noodle soup.
M-robbins

Wilmington, CA

#923 Mar 23, 2014
David E. Weiss was my beloved grandpa! I love reading & hearing anything having to do with him & his shoe store, Weiss Brothers. I remember stories about my Uncle Moe & Gramps working to build their business, especially during the War. Even though my Uncle Moe slowly lost his vision, he learned Braille & was a great contributor to the success of their store. There was even an article in the newspaper about my Uncle making a hole-in-one. I could go on and on about these stories but if anyone out there can add to my memories, please put them down.
relic

Ionia, MI

#924 Mar 23, 2014
You've got an uncle in the furniture business..... Joshua Doore! Remember this corny jingle?
Getting Old

Lansing, MI

#925 Mar 29, 2014
Barbus wrote:
Anyone remember the Drive in on Division Ave? Candy something or other? How about Dog & Suds on Divison as well?
EmmaRae I used to skate at Terry Hall Skating rink along with Kentwood Skating Rink.
It was called Candylands. Does anyone remember Robbie Hamburgers on the corner of 28th and Madison???
relic

Ionia, MI

#926 Mar 29, 2014
I vaguely remember candylands & dog n suds. Where on division were they? Ate at robbys all the time! And burger chef on division. Hard to imagine a time when there wasn't a mcdonalds or burger king on every corner!
James Minier

Tallahassee, FL

#927 Mar 29, 2014
relic wrote:
I vaguely remember candylands & dog n suds. Where on division were they? Ate at robbys all the time! And burger chef on division. Hard to imagine a time when there wasn't a mcdonalds or burger king on every corner!
Candy Ann's
relic

Ionia, MI

#928 Mar 29, 2014
James Minier wrote:
<quoted text> Candy Ann's
where on division ave was candy anns?
Getting Old

Lansing, MI

#929 Mar 29, 2014
The correct name was Candy Ann's.. It was on Division at 50th Street SW I believe.
relic

Ionia, MI

#930 Apr 7, 2014
Anybody attend or participate in the WLAV raft race? Funny stories? One year my brother, some friends & I spent all summer building an awesome raft only to have it blow off the transport vehicle and over the retaining wall in the middle of the s-curves!! We were afraid it caused property damages, which it probably did, so we didn't go looking for it! Sadly, that year we only attended the race. We still had a blast though, and I have no regrets. Enjoyed the many other years I was able to see the race from a rafts perspective!
Jim

Ionia, MI

#931 Apr 16, 2014
Anybody remember a burger joint named, I believe, Come Back? As I recall it was like a McDonalds. Located in Wyoming.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Marne Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
2014 wastebook 24 min Phil 4
New chiropractic tool treats back pain without ... (Apr '08) 9 hr Wisdom 228
upsy daisy 23 hr bobolinq 1
WLLA channel 64 - off the air? (Feb '12) Thu Sharon 9
Local News Women (Apr '09) Thu Casual Shoes 2,317
Back in Iraq. WMD's? oil? Wed No_More_Dems 106
Obama and cocaine addicts Oct 22 Leroy 11
Marne Dating
Find my Match

Marne Jobs