Why do people act ghetto? I am talking about all races.

Posted in the Marne Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
David

United States

#1 Dec 2, 2012
I just do not get it. Can someone explain to me why people act ghetto? I am just not talking about blacks. I am talking about all races. Hispanics, Asians, whites, and other races. Do people who act ghetto realize that acting this way is not going to take them far in life? How do they expect to land a good job and be a contributing member of society by acting this way?

I live in Kentwood (I am Hispanic) and I am embarrassed to see the younger people act this way. Why do parents permit them to act this way in the first place? I just don't get the whole ghetto life style.
Who

Wyoming, MI

#2 Dec 2, 2012
David wrote:
I just do not get it. Can someone explain to me why people act ghetto? I am just not talking about blacks. I am talking about all races. Hispanics, Asians, whites, and other races. Do people who act ghetto realize that acting this way is not going to take them far in life? How do they expect to land a good job and be a contributing member of society by acting this way?
I live in Kentwood (I am Hispanic) and I am embarrassed to see the younger people act this way. Why do parents permit them to act this way in the first place? I just don't get the whole ghetto life style.
It's indicative of a low IQ, being "smart" is frowned upon. Sad huh?

And what makes you think they want a good job or any job for that matter?
Huh

Hudsonville, MI

#3 Dec 3, 2012
David wrote:
Part of acting ghetto is the the parent do not give a rats tail.
unknown

Nanuet, NY

#4 Jan 27, 2013
I ask my self the same question but could never get an answer. But yet I get mad at the fact of my people acting so ,there for make the rest look bad.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#5 Jan 28, 2013
Seem's it might have something to do with the attraction to the hip-hop music and culture....
Old Rocker

Hudsonville, MI

#6 Jan 28, 2013
It's sad when you see a fat, baby faced, rosy cheeked white kid with his flat brimmed hat on sideways and his pants down by his knees. Does he actually think he looks cool?

Location hidden

#7 Jan 28, 2013
Old Rocker wrote:
It's sad when you see a fat, baby faced, rosy cheeked white kid with his flat brimmed hat on sideways and his pants down by his knees. Does he actually think he looks cool?
I never understood the pants down thang.....but i had long hair when i was younger....maybe every generation just has their own styles, however wierd they look to the rest of us?
Billy Jack

Holland, MI

#8 Jan 28, 2013
Anyone I see acting ghetto will get a baseball bat planted firmly against their skull...

“Where I came from”

Since: Jan 09

the universe

#9 Jan 28, 2013
David wrote:
I graduated from East Kentwood in 1974 before that Kentwood was a nice rural almost bucolic area after that it turned into a city suburb of Grand Rapids and boy did it change.. But you know its not just Kentwood you should see the outlandish people here in Traverse City but you know its a great human soup everyone trying to find there place they will grow up and realize someday how ridiculous they acted..maybe??
Bob

Big Rapids, MI

#10 Jan 29, 2013
Billy Jack wrote:
Anyone I see acting ghetto will get a baseball bat planted firmly against their skull...
Of course you will...... Because the freedom of expression is limited to what you think is correct. Not that the first Billy Jack fought for the rights of all those kids that were deemed different from the mold that the square old society ruled at that time. It seems that the times have changed and we are now a witness to....

One Tin Soldier Rots Away!
Bob

Big Rapids, MI

#11 Jan 29, 2013
Shoeless Eluder wrote:
<quoted text>I graduated from East Kentwood in 1974 before that Kentwood was a nice rural almost bucolic area after that it turned into a city suburb of Grand Rapids and boy did it change.. But you know its not just Kentwood you should see the outlandish people here in Traverse City but you know its a great human soup everyone trying to find there place they will grow up and realize someday how ridiculous they acted..maybe??
1974?

Maybe you should make a statement by breaking out your leisure suit to show these kids what fashion really is/was. How about your Keep On Trucking T-Shirt? Don't tell us you had a Super Fly pimping outfit!

But I will agree that every generation has to find itself, and its the job of all the older generations to act shocked.
Batch 37 Pain Is Good

Southfield, MI

#12 Jan 29, 2013
Bob wrote:
<quoted text>
1974?
Maybe you should make a statement by breaking out your leisure suit to show these kids what fashion really is/was. How about your Keep On Trucking T-Shirt? Don't tell us you had a Super Fly pimping outfit!
But I will agree that every generation has to find itself, and its the job of all the older generations to act shocked.
You have no idea what you are talking about Bobbie... East Kentwood was considered more of a rural school because of all the corn fields..... Kalamazoo Ave use to be a dirt road not long before the development began. I rarely saw anyone dressed like you said..... Oh, I just saw a baby getting a tat from his parents, they are libs.....
Batch 37 Pain Is Good

Southfield, MI

#13 Jan 29, 2013
Shoeless Eluder wrote:
<quoted text>I graduated from East Kentwood in 1974 before that Kentwood was a nice rural almost bucolic area after that it turned into a city suburb of Grand Rapids and boy did it change.. But you know its not just Kentwood you should see the outlandish people here in Traverse City but you know its a great human soup everyone trying to find there place they will grow up and realize someday how ridiculous they acted..maybe??
I was just a few years behind you..... Did you start Freshman year at Crestwood? There was a transition point on moving the High School. Kentwood is not the same place I grew up in. Traverse does has a few loose nuts but over all is a place with nice people...... I am there all the time with my work......
Bob

Big Rapids, MI

#14 Jan 30, 2013
Batch 37 Pain Is Good wrote:
<quoted text>You have no idea what you are talking about Bobbie... East Kentwood was considered more of a rural school because of all the corn fields..... Kalamazoo Ave use to be a dirt road not long before the development began. I rarely saw anyone dressed like you said..... Oh, I just saw a baby getting a tat from his parents, they are libs.....
Oops......

I completely forgot that the Dutch didn't even know until 1984 that Color TV was a technology and not a racist comment!
Batch 37 Pain Is Good

Farmington, MI

#15 Jan 30, 2013
Bob wrote:
<quoted text>
Oops......
I completely forgot that the Dutch didn't even know until 1984 that Color TV was a technology and not a racist comment!
Again, you have no idea of which you speak. It was a diverse community then. There were private schools then too. How did tolerant you become such a bigot.......
Bob

Big Rapids, MI

#16 Jan 30, 2013
<quoted text>How did tolerant you become such a bigot.......
I learned it from conversing with ultra conservative whack jobs!

How did you become so hollow?

Location hidden

#17 Jan 30, 2013
Bob wrote:
<quoted text>
Oops......
Now, i'm a slave to dutch hip-hop......lol....
free thinker

Farmington, MI

#18 Jan 30, 2013
Bob wrote:
Oops......
Speaking of racist comments...

“Where I came from”

Since: Jan 09

the universe

#19 Jan 30, 2013
<quoted text>I was just a few years behind you..... Did you start Freshman year at Crestwood? There was a transition point on moving the High School. Kentwood is not the same place I grew up in. Traverse does has a few loose nuts but over all is a place with nice people...... I am there all the time with my work......
Nope Batch my class started at EK in 1970 the gym was still under construction. We must have covered some of the same ground. Apparently Bob didn't get around much or he is just to young. Whats a leisure suit?

I got fortunate and transferred up here to Traverse in Dec 2011 thru my job, it is so nice to be out of the city. I used to look out my kitchen window and see the neighbors house about 10 feet away now I look out my kitchen window into my own section of woods.
Batch 37 Pain Is Good

Farmington, MI

#20 Jan 30, 2013
Shoeless Eluder wrote:
<quoted text>Nope Batch my class started at EK in 1970 the gym was still under construction. We must have covered some of the same ground. Apparently Bob didn't get around much or he is just to young. Whats a leisure suit?
I got fortunate and transferred up here to Traverse in Dec 2011 thru my job, it is so nice to be out of the city. I used to look out my kitchen window and see the neighbors house about 10 feet away now I look out my kitchen window into my own section of woods.
Nice! I remember blue jeans and flannel shirts... When I moved back from Maine, I could not return to the old neighborhood so Newaygo County is for me. Now though, my job is not only working from home but also travel throughout the Northern Michigan on both sides of the State. I like my mobile office life......

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Marne Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Dr Ben Carson 2016! 18 min Idea Maker 30
NAACP/Media Ignores Black Election Winners 36 min Idea Maker 16
XL Pipeline 49 min Idea Maker 3
The Hypocrisy of Ferguson 1 hr Idea Maker 15
Abigail Simon testifies on Nov. 21, 2014. 2 hr kev 4
Is the Ferguson rioting justified? 4 hr Montel 0
Did Catholic Central tutor rape student, or vic... 4 hr Just Sayin 2 7
Marne Dating
Find my Match

Marne People Search