Madison, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

Judged:

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000142412788...

2.2 billion for cell phones, our tax dollars at work.
Bob

Big Rapids, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

Judged:

"The Lifeline program—begun in 1984 to ensure that poor people aren't cut off from jobs, families and emergency services—is funded by charges that appear on the monthly bills of every landline and wireless-phone customer."

Now who was the president back in 1984........

"Suspecting that many of the new subscribers were ineligible, the Federal Communications Commission tightened the rules last year and required carriers to verify that existing subscribers were eligible. The agency estimated 15% of users would be weeded out, but far more were dropped."

And, who was the president last year, that put the brakes on the abuse of the system........
Chip

Madison, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

Judged:

Bob wrote:
"The Lifeline program—begun in 1984 to ensure that poor people aren't cut off from jobs, families and emergency services—is funded by charges that appear on the monthly bills of every landline and wireless-phone customer."
"Suspecting that many of the new subscribers were ineligible, the Federal Communications Commission tightened the rules last year and required carriers to verify that existing subscribers were eligible. The agency estimated 15% of users would be weeded out, but far more were dropped."
And, who was the president last year, that put the brakes on the abuse of the system........
Who was president when it went from $819 million in 2008 to 2.2 billion in 2012?
Bob

Big Rapids, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

Judged:

Chip wrote:
<quoted text>
Who was president when it went from $819 million in 2008 to 2.2 billion in 2012?
Who was it that linked a story about the abuse of the program under the headline of wanting to abuse the system themselves?
Batch 37 Pain Is Good

Flushing, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

Judged:

Bob wrote:
<quoted text>
Who was it that linked a story about the abuse of the program under the headline of wanting to abuse the system themselves?
I go to the grocery store every day an see all the freebees that is being handed out.... My skin is out there...... You will not like what is coming your company's (Possessive) way....
pipedream

Holly, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

Judged:

Batch 37 Pain Is Good wrote:
<quoted text>I go to the grocery store every day an see all the freebees that is being handed out.... My skin is out there...... You will not like what is coming your company's (Possessive) way....
I'll bet your fat a** would whither away and die if you had to survive on $9 worth of food stamps a day. Then again, your probably collecting that along with all the other freebies you're taking or standing in line for.
Batch 37 Pain Is Good

Flushing, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

Judged:

pipedream wrote:
<quoted text>
I'll bet your fat a** would whither away and die if you had to survive on $9 worth of food stamps a day. Then again, your probably collecting that along with all the other freebies you're taking or standing in line for.
9 bucks? Not what I see at the checkout..... Let's times 30 for the month......
pipedream

Holly, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>9 bucks? Not what I see at the checkout..... Let's times 30 for the month......
that internet business not working out for you?
Chip

Madison, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

Judged:

pipedream wrote:
<quoted text>
Is that how much of my money your getting for food in addition to everything else I provide?
pipedream

Holly, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

Judged:

Chip wrote:
<quoted text>
Is that how much of my money your getting for food in addition to everything else I provide?
Let me get this straight. You have a CPA/MBA but you spend all day on Topix dreaming up all of your crazy crap, frustrated and angry because you know I'm right about you?
pipedream

Holly, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

Judged:

Oh and I see you posting from Madison, WI now. Not too long ago it was San Clemente. Who's the fraud and scammer?
pipedream

Holly, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

Judged:

Chip wrote:
<quoted text>
What do you provide to anyone besides your worthless commentary and lies or at best half-truths on Topix? Guess that's OK because it makes you feel important and smart in a world that doesn't really get much better for you otherwise.
pipedream

Holly, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

Judged:

Bob wrote:
And if you do a little research you'll find it was the 'carriers' who lobbied for this program in its original form, which included lax or non existent verification of eligibility rules as well as setting the prices. I would have to believe they LOBBIED very hard for this probably convincing everyone their motivations were well intentioned. It surely wasn't poor people who lobbied for it. Does anyone believe it was poor people who lobbied govt for such a program? Only a teabagger would.
Ginger

Holland, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>I go to the grocery store every day an see all the freebees that is being handed out.... My skin is out there...... You will not like what is coming your company's (Possessive) way....
Maybe if you went to a classroom every day, you'd know how to speak proper English.

I go to the grocery store every day AND see all the FREEBIES that ARE being handed out.

You're not very bright are you?
Batch 37 Pain Is Good

Flushing, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

Judged:

pipedream wrote:
Oh and I see you posting from Madison, WI now. Not too long ago it was San Clemente. Who's the fraud and scammer?
Eastsider, Cell phones bounce internet access from all over.... You need a Union, I can tell......
Batch 37 Pain Is Good

Flushing, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

Judged:

Ginger wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe if you went to a classroom every day, you'd know how to speak proper English.
I go to the grocery store every day AND see all the FREEBIES that ARE being handed out.
You're not very bright are you?
Oh caught me on a typo.... What a Burn.... Child
pipedream

Holly, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>Oh caught me on a typo.... What a Burn.... Child
Your problems are more than a typo dip-$hit. First you need to grow up then you need to get a real job. Topix is not a real job buster and I don't mean Keaton. Its you and your kind, your generation, who thinks they have all the answers because they heard all they know on Faux News. You're in for a very rude awakening if you think all you have to do is spout off on Topix and that makes you all smart and important.
Ginger

Holland, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

Judged:

pipedream wrote:
<quoted text>
Your problems are more than a typo dip-$hit. First you need to grow up then you need to get a real job. Topix is not a real job buster and I don't mean Keaton. Its you and your kind, your generation, who thinks they have all the answers because they heard all they know on Faux News. You're in for a very rude awakening if you think all you have to do is spout off on Topix and that makes you all smart and important.
If he visited a classroom once in a while he'd know how to recognize and correct these so called 'typos'.
The reason he spends so much time at the grocery store is for cashing in his food stamps.
pipedream

Holly, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

Judged:

Ginger wrote:
<quoted text>
If he visited a classroom once in a while he'd know how to recognize and correct these so called 'typos'.
The reason he spends so much time at the grocery store is for cashing in his food stamps.
Degenerate is visiting a classroom. The only one he knows. Its called topix where he's been writing his thesis' and expounding on politics, economics and his self conceived righteousness every day. Forgot apparently that he needs to grow up first, find a job and try to understand something besides a video game and what he hears on Faux news or a crazy website. Dip shit hasn't figured out that there's more to life than his phone, keyboard and sponging off his parents.
Chip

Madison, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

pipedream wrote:
<quoted text>
Let me get this straight. You have a CPA/MBA but you spend all day on Topix dreaming up all of your crazy crap, frustrated and angry because you know I'm right about you?
Seems a little like the pot calling the kettle black don't you think?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Marne Discussions

Search the Marne Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Juneteenth - " celebrating the end of slavery 44 min FLan 701
Local News Women (Apr '09) 2 hr SOS in Mesa 2,293
More Lois Lerner Email Shenanigans 3 hr Sick of it 3
Is Terri Lynn Land a slumlord? (Jan '12) 3 hr Outrageous 76
Review: A-1 Appliance Repair (Jan '10) 11 hr Cooking Herb 20
The Russian need a bullet in his head 13 hr Oneal 4
MI 2010 Michigan Primary Election: Did you vote? (Aug '10) 14 hr gottondas 5,482
•••

Beach Hazards Statement for Ottawa County was issued at July 23 at 9:26PM EDT

•••
•••
•••
Marne Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Marne Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000