|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 10, 2013

Judged:

Batch 37 Pain Is Good wrote:
<quoted text>Bawahaaaaaa! You don't know too much about the story do you.... The ignorant passing judgment on the Old Testament/Torah..... Like the people had pillows and mattresses like today.... Bawahaaaaa.......... People arrested!!!!! Snick Snick Snick Bawahaaaa........ Did you miss the meaning of the lamb? Ha ha ha ha, Whew!!! Bawahaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
Besides that, I thought the most important thing to you was how many people watched the program...most of whom probably didin't understand it either...unless they could directly apply some portion to their specific brand of christianity...kinda like you for instance...

“Where I came from”

Since: Jan 09

the universe

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 10, 2013

Judged:

Just remember the stories in the bible are just that stories there is nothing real about it. A great work of history mingled with fiction. Kind of like Huckleberry Finn.
Really

Grandville, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 11, 2013

Judged:

Mr Wiggley wrote:
I'm watching this program right now. Just saw the segment about a father (Abraham) who envisions his god-being requiring the sacrifice of his son to said god-being. Of course, he ends up not having to make the sacrifice but for me, it's the thought of even thinking I could/would terrorize my son in such a horrible, false delusion. I almost got sick watching him deceive his son to appease his god-being.
In today's world, the father would be arrested and sent to jail for such an act...yet, because it's a bible story it's glorified as something special.
Andrea Yates come to mind anyone?? All in the name of her god-being...except her god-being didn't intervene soon enough.
I don't understand why you watched a program about a Book you don't believe in and a higher power you don't believe in and despise?
Batch 37 Pain Is Good

Whitmore Lake, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 11, 2013

Judged:

Mr Wiggley wrote:
<quoted text>
That is exactly what the sect of your religion (christianity) didn't want me to know about. Yes, they shielded me from knowing the entire story. The RCC, the Baptists, the Reformed, the Mormons, and all other christian religions were all wrong...except the specific christian sect I was an unwilling member of...until I broke away and began reading and learning of the attrocities of the bible.
You gloat in some delusion of victory...yet you hardly realize the damage your religion does in the name of a mythical god-being.
Issues......... You must be really pissed at the Aztec people then.......
Herman

Hudsonville, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 11, 2013

Judged:

Mr Wiggley wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you probing for such information to gain some upper-hand or are you embarrased to reveal your's first??
Just fishing Wiggley. Whats it to you anyway? Are you the local authority on atheism - that is a belief in nothing?
pipedream

Grand Blanc, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 11, 2013

Judged:

Really wrote:
<quoted text>I don't understand why you watched a program about a Book you don't believe in and a higher power you don't believe in and despise?
And why do you care so much about what he watches, dislikes and articulates his views why he dislike? Does hearing someone's views that makes sense or has truth to it, bother you? I suppose his views are part of another conspiracy by the left, therefore he should be cast to the pit and the fire.
pipedream

Grand Blanc, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 11, 2013

Judged:

Herman wrote:
<quoted text>
Just fishing Wiggley. Whats it to you anyway? Are you the local authority on atheism - that is a belief in nothing?
"Just fishing Wiggley?" Take your finger out of your big nose Pee Wee. I bet you spend more time thinking about what name you're going to post a comment under, than anything connected with common sense, logic or truth.

Now lets see how long it takes you to come up with a different name ... My how clever you are .... tick, tock tick tock.
Petey

Hudsonville, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 11, 2013

Judged:

pipedream wrote:
<quoted text>
"Just fishing Wiggley?" Take your finger out of your big nose Pee Wee. I bet you spend more time thinking about what name you're going to post a comment under, than anything connected with common sense, logic or truth.
Now lets see how long it takes you to come up with a different name ... My how clever you are .... tick, tock tick tock.
Sorry PD, I just saw you post or I'd have been back sooner. Didn't mean to disappoint you. As for the different names, variety is the spice of life - unlike the same old liberal crap you regurgitate.
You are a real authority - if only in your own mind.

“Selected Marksman”

Since: Aug 08

Northern Virginia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 11, 2013

Really wrote:
<quoted text>I don't understand why you watched a program about a Book you don't believe in and a higher power you don't believe in and despise?
I'm not surprised at all that you don't understand. That's the basic premise of your christian religion is to not understand others and their right to believe differently than you and to teach that anyone who would dare to do such a thing is hateful and despises you. Been there, done that. I dared to do something you won't do, nor will you allow your children to do...ask questions, and not just accept the "Because I told you so" answers.
I was not seeking to see the program, I stumbled upon it and decided to watch because this thread was started based on how "wonderful" it was. Turns out it turned my stomach. The program holds little if any historical factual information. The thought that a human being would allow themselves to take their child to a sacrifical alter over a god-being's demands was disghusting. It truely reminded me of Andrea Yates and her killing of her children. I guess the god-being didn't intervene soon enough...Why, just why, would your god-being not stop her as it did Abraham? Different god-being? Which one shall we all pick that's the right one??
Contrary to what you have allowed yourself to believe, I do not necessarily not believe in a "higher power". I did not say that nor did I ever imply that.
Batch 37 Pain Is Good

Flushing, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 11, 2013

Judged:

pipedream wrote:
<quoted text>
And why do you care so much about what he watches, dislikes and articulates his views why he dislike? Does hearing someone's views that makes sense or has truth to it, bother you? I suppose his views are part of another conspiracy by the left, therefore he should be cast to the pit and the fire.
You ignore the truth all the time and hate it........

“Selected Marksman”

Northern Virginia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 11, 2013

Judged:

Herman wrote:
<quoted text>
The fact that you were fishing was blatently obvious.
What I do is none of your bees wax...what do you do by the way...?
I never made a claim to being the local authority on anything but thanks for asking christian.
I can not answer for Atheism nor did I try to.
You've already made several incorrect christian presumptions about me that reveal you as a very poor judge of charactor.
What are your other weaknesses?

“Selected Marksman”

Northern Virginia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 11, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>Issues......... You must be really pissed at the Aztec people then.......
The discussion wasn't about the Aztec people, it was about your christian religion and the story being portrayed on the History Channel, remember?
Try to keep up.

“Selected Marksman”

Northern Virginia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 11, 2013

Petey wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry PD, I just saw you post or I'd have been back sooner. Didn't mean to disappoint you. As for the different names, variety is the spice of life - unlike the same old liberal crap you regurgitate.
You are a real authority - if only in your own mind.
In other words, you are using an irrellivant cliche to justify your questionable christian behavior.
Sounds familiar...
Batch 37 Pain Is Good

Owosso, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 11, 2013

Judged:

Mr Wiggley wrote:
<quoted text>
The discussion wasn't about the Aztec people, it was about your christian religion and the story being portrayed on the History Channel, remember?
Try to keep up.
Originally, it was numbers of people viewing which put you on the offense to knock good people who learn something good for their lives and it makes them happy. You can't handle that fact. You had to curse all religion and Gods in your attack claiming they were dysfunctional..... Typical of a Progressive, you started Projection again..... Yet you missed the point of the story you mocked as you do not understand it..... The Aztec had human sacrifices for their God if you missed that reference too.....
Batch 37 Pain Is Good

Owosso, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 11, 2013

Judged:

Mr Wiggley wrote:
<quoted text>
In other words, you are using an irrellivant cliche to justify your questionable christian behavior.
Sounds familiar...
You mean the behavior that teaches compassion and Charity? Yeah, that could be bad........ Progressives never give and that is good....... Like the difference between Europe and the USA.......

Since: Mar 09

Grandville, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 11, 2013

Shoeless Eluder wrote:
Just remember the stories in the bible are just that stories there is nothing real about it. A great work of history mingled with fiction. Kind of like Huckleberry Finn.
I agree,...after all, it's just a T-V series. I just dont understand all of the comotion over it.
It's a TV show for gosh sakes!
The History Channel has gotten some good ratings for it. Thats good for them.
I watched it for a while last night, but then the Travel Chanell had a show on mega yaghts, and that seemed more interesting.
As far at the TV show "The Bible" is concerned, I just dont see why some folks get so geeked up about it,...it's just a TV show.
pipedream

Grand Blanc, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 11, 2013

Gville Jim wrote:
<quoted text>I agree,...after all, it's just a T-V series. I just dont understand all of the comotion over it.
It's a TV show for gosh sakes!
The History Channel has gotten some good ratings for it. Thats good for them.
I watched it for a while last night, but then the Travel Chanell had a show on mega yaghts, and that seemed more interesting.
As far at the TV show "The Bible" is concerned, I just dont see why some folks get so geeked up about it,...it's just a TV show.
I don't think you understand a whole lot about anything. So I guess it really doesn't matter what you think does it?
SeenItBefore

Jenison, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 11, 2013

Herman wrote:
<quoted text>
Interestingly enough there was a study done to see how much people of different religions knew about religions other than their own, and the study showed atheists more about more religions than those of a particular religion knowing about other religions.
SeenItBefore

Jenison, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 11, 2013

Oh, here's one of the articles.
http://articles.latimes.com/2010/sep/28/natio...
SeenItBefore

Jenison, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 11, 2013

<quoted text>You mean the behavior that teaches compassion and Charity? Yeah, that could be bad........ Progressives never give and that is good....... Like the difference between Europe and the USA.......
Get real Batch. I'm a Christian and I know Christianity doesn't have a lock on such behaviors as compassion, tolerance, charity... An insightful look into your own comments about food stamp recipients and social welfare programs in general would prove that there are "Christians" that don't follow those tenants.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Marne Discussions

Search the Marne Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
More Lois Lerner Email Shenanigans 12 min Oneal 4
Juneteenth - " celebrating the end of slavery 50 min FLan 703
Local News Women (Apr '09) 6 hr SOS in Mesa 2,293
Is Terri Lynn Land a slumlord? (Jan '12) 7 hr Outrageous 76
Review: A-1 Appliance Repair (Jan '10) 15 hr Cooking Herb 20
The Russian need a bullet in his head 17 hr Oneal 4
MI 2010 Michigan Primary Election: Did you vote? (Aug '10) 17 hr gottondas 5,482
•••
•••
•••
•••

Marne Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Marne People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••