College football roundup: Ohio State starts the chase for No. 1 vs. Buffalo

Full story: Detroit Free Press

Matchup: Eastern Michigan vs. Howard . Kickoff: 6 p.m., Rynearson Stadium, Ypsilanti.
Comments
1,181 - 1,200 of 1,274 Comments Last updated Monday

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Wednesday Jul 2

I thought Dempsey played outta his mind....a epic performance, and if anyone deserved to win, it was him.....Friday's two matches are still fascinating......You never acknowledged the NHL Draft....did you watch?.....I only know about Panther's guy.....MMA and possibly even baseball will have to fill the void now........You should send the hockey resume to Sabres...lol....For all the obstruction and reasons we've seen.....I have zero complaint for having to go outside the normal and sadly blocked legislative procedure....Obama should just cover his process, no reason to give them anything to bitch about.....These illegals in San Diego need to be flown to southern Mexico or where ever they originated.....dumping them, just back across the border is useless......We need comprehensive immigration reform immediatley.......GOP can never be forgiven for it's blockage for partisan reasoning.....

“Moderately yours....”

Since: Aug 12

Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Wednesday Jul 2

I must have missed commenting on the NHL draft but usually given time I comment on everything...The NHL wants to water down the benefit of being awful...Change the draft lottery so even an average team who just failed to make the post season can have a shot a #1... I paid aattention to the draft... the Florida guy who was not our guy so the #1 pick thing was a wash... most of these guys will begin to show up in 2016...
Dempsey is fantastic and bradley and Beasley can play on any man's team and Howard is got to be the best Goalie... The rest of the team are either a step too old too young or just lacking in skill... In 4 years the old will be older Beaslley , Bradley and dempsey may be too old sadly so will Howard.... Although if Everton is playing on the Premier league seeing Tim with a good team in front of him could be worth an hour
The GOP Played Race Politics to make it's poor aggrieved base feel better... Their inaction fed a problem that had been brewing for awhile... Only a complete fool could remain inert...There are two potentially workable choices...One is to find a way to accept the reality that a "amnesty" is required...Two would be to call back the Army from the far flung corners of the Earth and drive them back to where they came ..at bayonet point
Blue... the GOP's biggest sin, will be the third option ... The path chosen by blocking reform..
A series of massive refugee camps on the southern border...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Thursday Jul 3

That's cool about draft, as you are the only one i know, that would know who any of those players are...lol....Hard to rest on the small market problems of the Panthers...when San Antonio just won NBA Champs.....I agree about those players, and i would add the bald midfirlder and the 19 year old that scored the only goal againest Belgium,,,,,,,Glad to see America at least herald Howard the goalie....Wonder what your friend's boy thought?.......Lack of Immigration reform is gonna shackle this country, until House republicans decide to actually legislate for all the people....Positive toward reform, is that the GOP is starting to split on this issue.....Every segment on national news, about these children and the demonstrators in California, just casts the Reich in a bad light for refusing to act.....Hard to watch 1-2 generation Americans bitch about illegals.....I'm like 4th generation Dutch-German, but don't feel so entitled to judge all others........By all means, amnesty is required for those that were brought here as children, but have prospered within our society.......Myself and many Americans will never forgive, how the reich have embarrassed themselves, during this administration.....We need to deal with who has arrived AND put military along border, supplanted with Drones with infra-red sensors, to block out any more.......Best use of our military at present......

“Moderately yours....”

Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Thursday Jul 3

Bradley is the bald mid-fielder...The players now have GPS devices imbeded in their equipment... Bradley covered 24.8 miles in the first three games about 8.3 miles by far the most of any player in the tourny... Bobby mentioned Howard once sevral years ago... said he was great...watch MLS game if you can...Bobby is a goood MLS goal keeper .... When you are done you will see why the depth of the uS team is not up tto world class standard...If Bobby is to become world clas he needs to play in a tougher league, the catch is... The English Premier league or the grman league would be a bit over his head and he most likely would be a back up...
Your lineage is the same as mine...Just throw in a healthy bit of pollack and we are made up from the same racial mix...3rd generation grand parents spoke some greman or polish depending on side of the family.. I don't believe i own the right to deny others a chance to become American...
If this contiinues the mid term election may suprise some people
preferito

Satellite Provider

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Thursday Jul 3

Start earning substantial income online by promoting advertisements on your social pages(facebook,twitter,google plus) or you can start generating quality traffic to your website(s) and enhance the sale of your product by joining the WIN network.WIN network is a site designed for advertisers to meet promotes,and to the benefit of both party.Start living your dream by signing up here: http://goo.gl/hPa7NE

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Thursday Jul 3

Bradley did a great job...Look's like Germany is a slight fave over France....and Brazil is a heavy fave over Colombia tomorrow.....Best thing going for possible immigration reform is, the republicans are starting to split on this issue....the old guard is for fixing it....Hopefully it might be the last frontier for their stranglehold on the GOP.....Those sad kids on the nightly news regularly, is having an effect....Plus, we can only imagine the pressure from eveyone in Congress by their constituents.....Hope Bobby gets to figure out if he really has a future in soccer, or should move on...Does he have a trade or college?...Hope he knows to do whats right for him.......Down here i have met numerous guys that spent too many important years, dreaming they were gonna make the Bigs in baseball......

“Moderately yours....”

Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Thursday Jul 3

France v. Germany is a good match up ...Don't be shocked if Brazil v. Columbia is a very tight game Columbia is decent and playing Brazil is a big deal to South American teams...
Bobby is having the time of his life playing a game that he loves...plus the fact that his base salary is $90K ...Bonus for shutouts and wins he has far better than $100K to show for the year...Add in couple of small time endorsements and the pay is good... He is no dumb jock... he is a UB grad...He has mentioned an interest in coaching... i said Bobby may never reach the Tim Howard level..So far he is having an MLS all-star candidate type season. There were two MLS Keepers in the World Cup...Howard's back up and Brazil's starter.. My advise is the same as when he was in the minor leagues...enjoy the ride ...real life will catch up to you far too soon''
Real life has caught up to the GOP...and you are correct Immigration reform is the issue that will bust apart the fragile parties inbred, intense and delusional base from the money makers... The tea,s still can drag the country over the edge of the abyss .. But they will have to win out over cash...It hasn't happened this year in the primaries .. Maybe in the rapidly approaching GOP Presidential race...If Paul , Cruz or some other Tea bag favorite wins the GOP nomination the cold hard cash wing of the party will most likely abandon the nominee and the Democrats will win with a Nixon v. McGovern margin...if the big money boys win the Tea's will act like children who's toy has been taken.. a tantrum a 3rd party candidate...

New England Revolution base salaries...

http://www.spotrac.com/mls/new-england-revolu...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Thursday Jul 3

I'm hoping both those matches are good....the matchup's sound classic...Imagine the history between these teams...Never been to South America, by choice, but i loved France and especially Germany....likely the best run country around....They have had a huge success at wind and solar technology, so much so, that recent discovery of huge coal reserves, will bring the citizen's communal energy costs to among the lowest in the Globe.....How advanced is that?......Also the strongest manufacturing economy in Europe......Sound's like Bobby has his head on right....$90,000 salary is heaven in this economy...UB grad is a big plus, eh?.......Dolphin's used the third pick in the 1st round(2013) on a bust...DE Dion Jordan.....used only sparingly, he has'nt shown much, so they have bulked him up and........Today NFL announced his 4 game suspension for substance abuse.....Hard to believe some of the opportunities, these shitheads throw away..........I also see a major asskicking for the GOP in 2016.....Too many Americans are well aware of their obstinance to helping all the American people.....Hopefully their hatred of a woman President, isn't as strong as for a half-black male one......I'm killing with the current economic numbers.....especially 5 straight months of over 200,000 jobs...First time since September 1999......July mark's 52 straight months of Private Sector Job Growth........Who has low approval numbers?.....lol.....

“Moderately yours....”

Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Friday Jul 4

Todays matches worked out about as you may have expected... The injuy to Neymar may kill Brazil v. Germany ...They don't have the spare scoring potential to make up for his absence... Tomorrrow Belguim v. Argentina...And ..Costa Rica v. Netherlands... That first game is the one to watch...
the Supreme court's Conservatives wasted no time in making that disgusting Hobby lobby decision worse...The granted an exemption to Wheaton College that widens the exemptions to ACA ...The three female justices are livid... Those hypoocrites spent decades whining about judicial restraint...the SCUS is writing reproductive law... One thing I learned from being married to the same woman 30 + years... piss them off and they are worse than guys... I hope they cut Scalia's litle balls off. This will activate woman voters....

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Saturday Jul 5

Glad Germany got thru.....thought Colombia-Brazil, was a clinic on ball handling skills...Incredible number of fouls allowed...,,,,a bit different in style, from Germany...Kinda glad Brazil is still in it, as they spent too much for too many single use stadiums....Robben from Netherlands is a stud...In an early match, i saw him dribble down the middle for an unassisted goal...incredible.....Saw a replay of a 60 Minutes segment on Messi...he is really something, eh?.........This contraceptive issue, is why it is so important about which Presidents stock the court....Scalia seems to use a religion based mindset, regardless of church/state seperation.....Something also disturbing with American's protesting these illegal children too much....what is that designed to accomplish? Most of the protesters look like they just crossed the border....Not sure what their goal is...to help lengthen the already stressed processing ?

“Moderately yours....”

Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Saturday Jul 5

Beautiful morning high 60's- lo 70's so I went out side this moorninng did some yard work. trimmed some bushes...Paying a bit of a price...so may tap the pill bottle later.... Our youngest cat has been al over me.. I believe there is an empathy....
Right now the Argentines have a one - nil lead..llooks like it should be a decent game...The dutch should win if they don't take Costa Rica too lightly...Robben is a stud and he may be the best guy wiith the ball on the ground in the tourny...I didn't like his dive in the last game..
You MLS update...they have resttarted and New England had twwo game withiin a couple days..lost them both and are now in third place...Bobby sat out the first and his back up was poor a 3-1 loss... Last nite the team played better... Bobby made a couple great saves... The the ref weighed in two penalty kicks within a couple minutes in the second half and you lose 2-1...
The anti- illegal kid protest have a creepy feel to them....It feels like some of those protests during the Gore v. W, recount down there... a certain manufactured feell .. I can't put my finger on it... Some one feels that these protests will fire up the base... keeping the inbred focused on the border...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Saturday Jul 5

I fell asleep at half, but Argentina won 1-0....Watched for awhile, just to see Messi play, he is pretty special with his dribbling through 2-3 guys,...amazing....Know what you mean about the work...I'm fixing to change all the heavy plants in the patio around....not looking forward to all that lifting.....Sorry for Bobby, as those penalty kicks seem like almost instant goals sometimes.....more than a penalty.....Can't figure out why they protest our rounding the illegals up and processing them....Does'nt seem that the GOP would stand to gain, especially with the House sitting on their hands, on immigration reform.....Maybe they just want another reason, to bitch about this administration?.....Hard to fathom that so much of it is really about him being half-black.....Alway's thought that much of that would die, with my dad's generation......

“Moderately yours....”

Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Saturday Jul 5

Your correct the GOP has nothiing to gain from these demonstrations ... But you are looking at it the wrong way.. I am sure the establishment GOP is terrified..... but the TEA GOP is drooling this is red meat for their base in the war to control the GOP... Back in the W. v. Gore day the radical were working hand in hand with the establishment ..that is the difference.
So this week you have nativist protests hurting the GOP with Latino voters... Scalia and the boys offending women... That is the same thing they have been trying to do for years... Offending Women and Latino's was the margin of victory in 2012... If the babbling trogolodites would just go back to their caves and shut up he GOP would win ...
Not suprised that people would ignore the issues .. the record.. and take 8 years of cheapshots because the President is black ... They will do the same for a woman,, Gay,, Non christian...ect....Which do you think the Reich would accept?
Really

Wyoming, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sunday Jul 6

Wow! Just wow....hey folks! If you want to see the Progressive talking points listed...just read Bull and Blue. LOL

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sunday Jul 6

Netherlands goes thru.....and what a bold move, switching goalies just before the shootout....the Dutch mighta killed him, if that did'nt work...lol....Robben is like a bull out there....Indy racing today at the Poconos...Pennslyvania, i think?.....Have to wonder, about the snotty and petty trolls, that exist only to inject their venom into factual conversation....the type that exist on Topix forever, yet are too insecure, to even register.....That actually prefer political party to their country.....Threads become monuments, to the mean-spirited trolls of many forums.......Small fish in smaller ponds......Well, Bull....these are truly the Dog Days of Summer, and for another 4th, my dogs have survived, but that little one hates fireworks.....i have neighbors that spend $800-$1200 a year on stuff for their kids, too.....

“Moderately yours....”

Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sunday Jul 6

Netherlands had possion of off the ball for most of the game... they really should have taken that game in regulation..They will have to score to win in the next round...With Neymer out and the Argentinians being too dependant on Mesi..That leaves the Germans as the top team...
A little more modest yard work tooday...very pleasant out there again... the dog days don't arrive here unntil later in July.... Sunny breezy and 70's...
I get to watch Canaadian football if i am totally bored...But it wont be long before NFL goes to camp and the one month till the good football beginns...
As far as trolls go... Blue if we were fishing and you reeled that on up . you would have to tosss it back... Maybe the little fella will grow into a real troll... Seriously we have to be yawn inducing for any spy with a functioning brain ... I would say Blue that he or she fits the defination of 'Glyubige''...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Monday Jul 7

I will take Netherlands over Germany....Though your critique matches this old guy on ESPN.....Would be cool for all the internal dissent, if Brazil won it all......I did some yard stuff too, just demands mucho bug spray.....Sorry about Kiko Alonso, as i like his game, it's a big loss.....like a bit smaller Luke Keachley.......Gonna be a tough year, since Urban Meyer is a master recruiter....everyday on the espn crawl, they show the Top 100 and where they go....too many are OSU bound..... Checkout the Nascar highlights...lol...massive crashes and like 6 cars finished the race.......INDY Pocono 500 won by Juan Montoya...Justice as he a Colombian, beat out several Brazillian drivers.....lol.....This forum is John Birch turf, and they refuse to accept the halfblack Prez, no matter what.....lol....

“Moderately yours....”

Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Monday Jul 7

We may get Netherlands and Germany which is the best two teams playing in the final... no matter they will all be good matches...But a Brazil v. Argentna final could be quite a show too... South American countries have fought wars for less...
Kiko will be missed and our D has troublle tackling as it is so that could be a crippling loss... And if darius geets jail or iss suspended like hee deserves it will be another chunk out of thee D...
Ohio State will always be a magnet for top recruits...Urban Meyer magnifies that attraction...Blue...A rival is only worth having if it is tough to beat...which would you rather beat in Nov. a 3-8 Buckeye team... or a 11-0 #1 Ohio State team...Blue ..You woud rther pisss on Urbans national championship parade, rightt?
Now now Blue be nice to the guy who reads our posts...He aiint no john bircher....He makes the John Birch crowd look progressive... Actually the disease those guys have is about paranoia... Racism and a complete distortion about the nature of america...And you are rightt they wont accept Obama... But they won't accept Clinton either wwhen she become POTUS... Too bad Barney Frank couldnt be Prez... after Mrs Clinton...just to see them guys freak out

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Monday Jul 7

Holland-Deutschland work's fine also.....Colin Cowherd is talking about how soccer has a strengthening hold on America...World Cup viewership on ESPN2 had better viewership than Wimbleton on ESPN.....How MLS is gaining strength and how soccer cost's almost nothing, for kids to get into....no real equipment, just a ball......60 Minutes had a segment on the success of the Seattle Sounders.......Racism may alway's be some problem, until our federal government and the media, stop the social engineering....If the end goal is really equality, then let's look like it....Our recent problem is that too many Americans lump this President in with all their racist beliefs, as if they can't delineate between realities....Obama did'nt shoot the guy at the local 7-11.......This crowd just alway's desolve into 4th grade recess....They know they hate the black President, but beyond that...not much.....You Fag......lol.....

“Moderately yours....”

Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Monday Jul 7

Soccer is catching on... It will never be what it is in the rest of the world.... bu we have enough quality atheletes laying around to be able to do well in the USA's 5th favorite game...maybe some day steal a trophy or two...Accoording to Klinsman the MLS has to continue to improve 8 years ago Donnavan was the only USA starter who was MLS in the Belguim game 7 MLS starters...What we need is just a couple more stars like Dpmsey and Howard and we are contenders... The big difference between us and them is the quality of the rest of the line - up...they got deeper quality
The best part of Barney Frank is the response he gets...the really funny stuff people say at the drop of his name ...If you think the name obama or clinton is toxic in some circles ..Frank trumps it... but that c*cks*ck*r will never be president..and your post should have been rejected too... i guess the filter is homoophobic

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Marne Discussions

Search the Marne Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Juneteenth - " celebrating the end of slavery 2 hr BH fun before din din 797
New Year's Rapist Takes Plea Deal 6 hr Batch 37 Pain Is Good 1
Is Terri Lynn Land a slumlord? (Jan '12) 8 hr Shes awful 79
When will the poledancer grow a set? 10 hr Jim 4
Local News Women (Apr '09) 17 hr Red Wood 2,294
What about the Malaysian jetliner? Tue Gville Jim 56
Fifth Third Bank loses $202 million (Jul '08) Tue JACK 216
•••
•••