College football roundup: Ohio State ...

College football roundup: Ohio State starts the chase for No. 1 vs. Buffalo

There are 2625 comments on the Detroit Free Press story from Aug 30, 2013, titled College football roundup: Ohio State starts the chase for No. 1 vs. Buffalo. In it, Detroit Free Press reports that:

Matchup: Eastern Michigan vs. Howard . Kickoff: 6 p.m., Rynearson Stadium, Ypsilanti.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Detroit Free Press.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#590 Feb 1, 2014
I like Carolina and Miami's colors.....Alway's thought Oakland and Chicago home jerseys are the most fearsome....Know what you mean about tradition, though.....i rue the day Michigan changes theirs.....I only spend cash at Target, since we already had to get new cards, cause of their security intrusion...It was a screwed up scan......BTW, Target's NFL apparel is on clearance...got a killer Dolphin jersey/shirt for $7...lol...turquoise is slimming on big guts...lol...Speaking of coffee, i have become addicted to this sugar-free, Almond coffee flavoring by Torani....you just pour some in the carafe before brewing....Seem's like all this great technology can come back to bite us, periodically, eh?

Since: Aug 12

Buffalo, NY

#591 Feb 1, 2014
Blue for your sake i would hope that Michigan never does an Oregon and wears different day-glo monstrosities each week...with a new helmet logo..Mrs Blue would be in for a long season...medicating you after each game...Oakland and Chicago's homes are good threads...I will be generous and give the Bills a C+...In the 60's they had a good look ...a lighter shade of blue and a Buffalo on the helmet logo identical to the one on a nickel....If turquoise really has a slimming effect ...We will see it stretched over every beer gut in the good ole USA...So do you know why Gov. Cuomo can't stop laughing these days?...The State GOP has had suicidal inclinations ever since Potaki left Albany..If your bored at any time today look up the wit and wisdom of Carl Paladino the 2010 nominee. This year he threatens to run 3rd party if he doesn't pick the nominee this time around...his man is Donald trump...Your choice to use cash at Target is fine you should be doing that more often...Least I do as much as possible...Ok I'll be bold and give my pick
DENVER 31
SEATTLE 27

Location hidden

#592 Feb 1, 2014
You do know, the guy that own's Nike, is the fortune behind Oregon, right?....I woulda preferred that he decided to buy the Raiders and save the franchise...lol...Changing Michigan's helmet would destroy me...I'm still pissed that Delaware or somebody up there, wears a Wolverine-lite uniform.....Down here, Boca Raton H.S. wears a UM clone......My picks gonna be...Denver 41...Seattle 21.....But, i like both these teams...Russell Wilson may need a bit more seasoning.....Even like both of the head coaches.....It's possible that Peyton and those recievers can overpower even a fine Seahawk defense.....Met Trump once, he was nice...but is kind of a clown on TV.....taller than i thought..maybe 6'2".....

Buffalo, NY

#593 Feb 1, 2014
S.I. Had an article on that Nike founders ties to Oregon U....He was a track star...Raiders are a sad team...I would hate to sound ugly but until Al Davis is gone...Bills are in the same state with Ralph Wilson...And when Ralph passes will who ever ends up with the team keep it here?
We have a coupe HS teams with a Michigan uni's ...It is Deleware there is another Div 1AA team has the same design only in red.
I agree with Wilson needing seasoning...On the other hand Lynch v. Gore if either of these guys gets traction early that team has a huge advantage
I am sure that Trump can be nice and he even seems to have a sense of humor....but even if he were a 'serious' candidate...Cuomo is a machine
41-21...rather one sided for two teams that are evenly matched and Seattle giving up 41.....I though my 31 prediction was a stretch...You could be right so may big games become blow outs

Location hidden

#594 Feb 1, 2014
What could happen, is if Peyton has early success, it may open the floodgates.....Don't think Seattle has that offensive capability.....Alway's have liked Colorado State's uni's...Green and gold, with the Rams style helmets.....From what i have heard, Trump is brilliant, but only on business....that would be novel in the White House, but alas, we like a more rounded approach to the presidency....lol....Gotta friend that works, running Trump's Championship Golf Course down here...he alway's tell's me that they treat him good......Al Davis is gone, he was supposed to be a great guy, really catered to his terminally ill wife.....but made poor decisions about the team....They should consider moving back to LA, before the Rams return....St. Louis's stadium lease runs out, after next season.....Poor Jax, eh?...Goodell is gonna put a team in LA, and it make's sense....

Buffalo, NY

#595 Feb 1, 2014
Having a CEO run Gov't would be a disaster...part of what seperates dems from gop's is accepting the fact that Gov't is NOT a business and can't be run as if it is....For instance a huge rofit is applauded in the private sector in Gov't a large surplus would be attacked as over taxation...and a business cut it's un profitable product...the folks on ssi or food stamps are unprofitable,,,but if your a dem you can't leave those people hanging...If your a tea head...F*ck 'em all...Besides Trump says he has a team of investigators looking to prove that Obama is not a citizen...Trump is the king of birthers....Jax and Stl are more likely to move than the bils but that bit of possibility drives folks nut...my mistake on al davis...Ralph Wilson has been hands off untill there is a major choice to be made his love hate relationship with Lou Sabin was one for the books...Lou was great...simple.... sound defense and hand the ball to OJ often

Location hidden

#596 Feb 2, 2014
Congrats on Andre Reed, getting in the HOF.....He was a real talent....Sorry about his murderous ways, but i really remember OJ....I recall a classic game..UCLA vs. USC....both teams in home colors....Gary Beban againest OJ Simpson....OJ had the longest strides of any great RB i have ever seen.....I'm betting St. Louis moves back.....they should never have lost the Rams....Corporate Carroll Rosenbloom bullshit.....Jax could move to St. Louis...lol...Leaves the Raiders in the ghetto, though.....You know Bull, i never noticed the GOP's decline, until right after Bush/Gore.....never noticed how they became the Corporate/Good Ol' Boy party.....Especially odd, after the warning by Eisenhower.....Seem's Fox picked up steam, just as that party was beginning to spoil, eh?....

Buffalo, NY

#597 Feb 2, 2014
I feel that Reed earned his spot in the HOF...who ever it was that was the college scout at One Bills Drive...That man should be in the scoutingHOF...Reed came from Kutztown St...Div.III...Thats finding a diamond in the rough...I remember OJ's first year with the Bills still playing at the Rock pile. There was big expectations...But the team still stank...It took three years before Ralph rehired Lou Saban. Lou was bright enough to give OJ 25-30 carries a game...The team made the playoffs...Imagine not being smart enough to give the guy the ball.
Would like to see the Rams back in LA...Every once in a while I catch my self refering to the Stl Rams as The LA Rams..A couple of years older and in my mind the might be the Cleveland Rams again. The GOP wasn't in decline until Bush's Second term...But what they had done from the latter half of Bush Sr. was cater to the right within the party ...Remember Pat Robertson's Presidential run...The pandering done to Robertson's wing gagged me...and I was gone...They still were the 'Power' party but they were now displaying a misuse of that Power to cater to it's extreme's...that in my mind was the GOP's crossing of the Rubicon...I left when they started paving the road to the decline...I think even you would agree that Gingrich gaining the speakers gavel was another big milestone.

Location hidden

#598 Feb 3, 2014
Well Bull...i sure did'nt see that coming....guess we were due for a clunker after several tight Superbowls....Just brutal, and from the first snap on.....Sure saw alotta greedy corporate logos, shoved on screen....more noticable when the game sucks.....Glad for the Seahawks, as these were the two teams i concentrated on, all season...As i told you awhile ago, i had a bad feeling about the Bronco defense, but theirs was a team failure, and especially outcoached.....Did you see any interview with Elway, post game?.....Felt bad for Peyton...toward the end, it looked like he was throwing outta a phonebooth....#1 Defense ruled in the end.....Yellow lab puppy and the Clydesdales was the best commercial....lol....

Buffalo, NY

#599 Feb 3, 2014
That was an ugly game for Bronco fans...I was suprised...That the Seahawks could blow up the broncos or even win at all with Lynch a total non factor...That The Bronco's seemed to accept the loss so easily they played with no passion...I wasn't suprised about corporate greed ...the stink of that hangs over the NFL like a cloud...I thought the series of ads that featured Tebow...the we will buy your contact out theme worked well with Tebow...I would call those the best ads...The pregame meal of Ribs and shrimp...baked potato...a lavishly constructed salad...and some of the wifes left over birthday cake...The wife joined me after the first couple series...her first observation...Manning looks sick or nervous...and he keeps hopping around in the pocket when he is going to pass...I agreed Manning looked off the second was an excellent observation...My answer to those observations...Manning looks that way and is playing that way because he can't find recievers...The Seattl db's were making him check down his list of options..The MVP's were the secondary for Seattle

Location hidden

#600 Feb 3, 2014
Colin Cowherd has summed it up best....Peyton looked like the older guy that walks into the hottest niteclub, and can't recognize any of the music.....not bad, eh?......Seahawks were just faster at every level.....Our food was at kickoff, ended up with ribs, celery and bluecheese and deviled eggs.....i loove them...lol...The Tebow ad was good, i wish he could somehow hookup somewhere.....The football talking heads are taking shots at Peyton, as though.....i can't see putting much on him, this defeat was easily a team effort.....How about Russell Wilson's guile and maturity, i remember alotta very successfull game managers...Bart Starr and Bob Griese come to mind immediately.....My wife screwed up the JuJu by not putting her jersey on, until it was 15-0.....damn witch...lol....She ditched after Bruno Mars, for her beloved, Downton Abbey.....

Buffalo, NY

#601 Feb 3, 2014
If the wife ducked out after half time it may be that she knew how bad the second half would be...I can't put all the blame on Manning...It wasn't Manning who was having problems getting open, covering or tackling...However your analogy is good...My wife's observation about Manning being sick or nervous s also apt...Your comparing Wilson To Starr and Griese stuck a cord...Both Griese and Starr...both team guys who had such overwhelming talent that they and their teams knew that the qb could have a awful day and the team could still win...Denver is so dependent on QB play that they are too tightly focused on Manning play...That has always been the downfall of those great Passers...That was the Fins problem when they had Marino...
Tebow is not starting NFL QB material but he could be a useful back up for a team that relies on a QB who runs..49ers maybe...

Location hidden

#602 Feb 3, 2014
The sportsmanship and knowledge of the NFL, is all new to mine...she has'nt even grasped the four downs aspect...lol...So, acting childish, when Peyton does'nt do well....is right up her alley......Peyton's offensive line was collapsing around him, but how about that circus catch TD in the endzone....most artistic play of the game, and it was Denvers.....It will be interesting to see just how the Broncos reload....they get Von Miller back.....I think Seattle is gonna be good for several years, as they are so young...but, they have gotta survive free agency and everyone wanting more......Evidently Wilson and Keapernick are still bargains at least one more year...As far as Tebow....would'nt the Eagles be a decent fit?....Seeing as how that style offense is gonna go thru QB's fast.....

Buffalo, NY

#603 Feb 4, 2014
My wife knowledge of the game is fair...She understands the basic rules and play but not stratagy nor could she tell you about th top players outside of the UBs..For a team to want to sign Tebow they have to have a started who is secure in his job and in his head because Tebow will get a lit of ink and praise just for walking in and signing...Instantly there will be a portion of your fan base who want him to play...no matter what....Seattle will be good next year after that they will have to get rid of guys to be under the cap...The will be back if they stay healthy...Denver needs to look at O-line and perhaps a passrusher DE...
In the Buffalo News this morning was an article on the Sabers and how the ex-GM screwed up...They were offered a kings ransom for Tomas Vanek at the June draft and he turned it down in order to trade him for a rental player a couple months later...Lesson...You can't win if the teams management has been labotomised

Location hidden

#604 Feb 4, 2014
I think the only redeeming factor, in the Tebow issue, is that his being so devout, he will find other avenues to success, that need'nt be about football....it is weird though, that a Heisman winning QB, could be that empty of basic talent.....You know what is also cool about the Seahawks victory....that deaf player,#40 won too....i love storys like that.....Oh well, at least we have the Olympics starting Friday.....Too sad about Phillip Seymour Hoffman....a great acting talent.....imagine 23 years clean, then going back to heroin.....and with three small kids....is that kinda selfish?......Really hope Seattle can keep their team together, as we both recall what happened to the Ravens after their win.....Hope Peyton and especially Wes Welker get another shot......

Buffalo, NY

#605 Feb 4, 2014
I dont know if I would have called Hoffman greedy because of what he was doing...I would call him sick. Addiction is both a weakness and a illness...I suspect that he had been using on and off during the time frame that he was said to be clean...The Buffalo News has been running stories about heroin deaths in Erie County...One thing stands out it is the cutting herion with fentanyl (sp)....It appears that most of the deaths in Erie Co. were from that mix....So an on and off addict get ahold of this mixtre and prepares what would have been a regular sized dose only to OD on fentanyl...Tebow was known to lack NFL talent when he was in college...trying to fit him in as a NFL QB was as dumb as takinf a option qb and trying to convert him...Tebow would make an interesting RB or TE candidate if he was willing to swap positions...I am not worried that he will have a bad life...lacking in success. with out the NFL...In fact I would tell him to move on and find his calling. I hope payton gets another shot...I have a bad taste in my mouth about Welker intentionally targeting Taqib's knees in the AFC championship game ...If Denver wins I hope he is not part of it...it was from my point of view reckless to the point of intentional injury...

Location hidden

#606 Feb 4, 2014
About Hoffman, i meant greedy in that he has deprived three small children of a father, simply because his addiction was more important to him, than they were.....greedy as a parent.....irresponsible.....Y eah, i think Tebow will be a success at whatever else he finds.....even as a missionary and occasional motivational Christian speaker.....boatloads of money in that....I disagree about Welker, also.....Do you recall, at the beginning of the season, the Houston player, crushing the knee of the Dolphin Tightend? We talked about it at length...Also some of Suh's shots at other players knees and groins.....Wes Welker has competed againest the best defenses in the NFL for years, and was alway's the smallest guy on the field, excelling every season.....and from Tulsa...What a longshot......Leftover babybacks for lunch today....Sometimes we just live right...lol....

Buffalo, NY

#607 Feb 4, 2014
Hoffman was greedy in the way you mention ...That would apply to a lot of people from alcoholics to self absorbed rich folk who use hired help to raise their kids...Alot of parents are greedy with their kids , spouce, community...Your description was more apt...mine too clinical...
Just watched the play again on utube..Taqib was trailing a play by a good five yard and is not in a position to make a play..Welker had a choice on how to hit a defenseless man hi and take him out of the play or low...He literally had to dive in order to avoid hitting taqib high...to be reckless with another players health...what do you call it? However having played a physical game for a long time there were one or two times where i took liberties being over aggressive ...I regret any cheapshot that I gave...Doesn't change the nature of what they were...Also like Welker they weren't habitual...And it doesn't make Welker any less as a player or a man...but.

Location hidden

#608 Feb 4, 2014
Glad no one has ever hit Welker illegally in what, 9-10 years? Having paid attention to Welker, as i have all these years....i can guarantee that he has been the recipient of way more dangerous hits, than the dealer......Got some bad news today.....My step-brother, Tommy passed on...67, i think, he was nice to me when i was younger, but had'nt seen eachother in like 40 years....i would get news of him from the youngest sister occasionally....He had fought in Vietnam, and came back, semi-crazed.....he got it all together and joined Chicago F.D., as Rescue....made it to Captain, before retiring...but, Agent Orange f*cked him up, putting him in a wheelchair.....We don't support these vets enough.....Poor Tommy...R.I.P......

Buffalo, NY

#609 Feb 4, 2014
I am sorry to hear about your stepbrother...Not having a relationship for so long with him makes it tough...I lost a good friend a couple years back ...cancer caused by agent orange...You are right we dont support our vets...Have a nephew who has been in Iraq or Afganistan for 3 tours and is packing up to go again...May he come back safe and whole ...
Welker most likely was hit dozens of times illegally...I would bet at least one time by Taqib...However...All the plays that occured prior to that one are irrelevant...they don't change what hapened on that one play...I respect Welker as a player and a person...I would love to have him on my team and BTW Taqib not so much in the way of respect...but...We will have to disagree on this...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Marne Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
republican farce must stop . . . it's over GOP 33 min Gville Jim 14
Local News Women (Apr '09) 4 hr john6113 2,635
Gorilla Shot Dead 5 hr In God We Trust 7
Poor Little Patriots 9 hr RushFan666 1
News Alleged Salvation Army poser who invaded home, ... 10 hr Who 2
Summer daycare? May 27 Jess 1
Poll Worst celebrity ever May 24 Idea Maker 7
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Marne Mortgages