“Moderately yours....”

Since: Aug 12

Buffalo, NY

#47 Sep 22, 2013
Go Blue Forever wrote:
Are you kidding, i already forgot what dinner was last night...lol...
Watched last nights game...we get UConn next.
Is the Michigan depth chart at Quarterback so thin that there isn't an alternative the kids clearly shellshocked.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#48 Sep 24, 2013
Buffalo Bull wrote:
<quoted text>
Watched last nights game...we get UConn next.
Is the Michigan depth chart at Quarterback so thin that there isn't an alternative the kids clearly shellshocked.
You might think i am nuts.....but, that kid is gonna be huge...just as soon as he can put his game together....He has all the right skills, just isn't combining them well yet....He is the guy.....

Location hidden

#49 Sep 24, 2013
Hey, checkout....Book of Manning...tonight at 8pm EST on ESPN.....should be fascinating.....

“Moderately yours....”

Buffalo, NY

#50 Sep 24, 2013
Go Blue Forever wrote:
Hey, checkout....Book of Manning...tonight at 8pm EST on ESPN.....should be fascinating.....
Missed it but it will get replayed.
It is great to see how much success runs in that family...Football royalty.
The boys winning has to feel good to Archie considering the beating he took as a Saint.

“Moderately yours....”

Buffalo, NY

#51 Sep 24, 2013
Go Blue Forever wrote:
ERR...
Will miss...
Alberto Cutuli

Castelar, Argentina

#52 Sep 25, 2013
The best, MSOE!!

“Moderately yours....”

Buffalo, NY

#53 Sep 26, 2013
Go Blue Forever wrote:
Your right ...great stuff...the old films of Archie were a trip down memory lane...if he had only been drafted by an established team...like Buffalo

Location hidden

#54 Sep 26, 2013
Buffalo Bull wrote:
<quoted text>
Your right ...great stuff...the old films of Archie were a trip down memory lane...if he had only been drafted by an established team...like Buffalo
I am surprised, 1969....i should remember Archie's highlights much better, but i don't....no Sportscenter then...i do recall O.J. Simpson, Gary Beban and a great USC-UCLA game, also the huge 10-10 game between Michigan State and Notre Dame....just not Archie that much....

“Moderately yours....”

Buffalo, NY

#55 Sep 26, 2013
Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text> I am surprised, 1969....i should remember Archie's highlights much better, but i don't....no Sportscenter then...i do recall O.J. Simpson, Gary Beban and a great USC-UCLA game, also the huge 10-10 game between Michigan State and Notre Dame....just not Archie that much....
i can't say i remember individual highlights, but I do remember him playing with the cast...
What it really caused me to remember was the look of football at the time
The home movies of the boys playing was cute

Location hidden

#56 Sep 26, 2013
Buffalo Bull wrote:
<quoted text>
i can't say i remember individual highlights, but I do remember him playing with the cast...
What it really caused me to remember was the look of football at the time
The home movies of the boys playing was cute
Yeah, and it showed how, because of his Dad's death...how Archie was such a great dad...and not pushing his boys was actually what is making them great and so grounded......many lessons in that story....

“Moderately yours....”

Buffalo, NY

#57 Sep 26, 2013
Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text>Yeah, and it showed how, because of his Dad's death...how Archie was such a great dad...and not pushing his boys was actually what is making them great and so grounded......many lessons in that story....
It was a great story....the other thing that struck me, doesn't Archie in college look a lot like Eli?
Some more memories...

Bear Bryant
Texas - Arkansas
The weekly 1\2 hour Notre Dame highlight show with Ara Parseghian...Even as a kid Notre Dame looked like goliath, gotta cheer for david...

Location hidden

#58 Sep 26, 2013
Buffalo Bull wrote:
<quoted text>
It was a great story....the other thing that struck me, doesn't Archie in college look a lot like Eli?
Some more memories...
Bear Bryant
Texas - Arkansas
The weekly 1\2 hour Notre Dame highlight show with Ara Parseghian...Even as a kid Notre Dame looked like goliath, gotta cheer for david...
I remember that ND show in Chicago....they were always skipping ahead in the action....seem to also remember quite a few Christmas's when the Cowboys and Packers or Rams were always playing....Turkeys and hams in Pressure Cookers....lol...

“Moderately yours....”

Buffalo, NY

#59 Sep 26, 2013
Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text>I remember that ND show in Chicago....they were always skipping ahead in the action....seem to also remember quite a few Christmas's when the Cowboys and Packers or Rams were always playing....Turkeys and hams in Pressure Cookers....lol...
I remember watching the Ice bowl....
And The AFL Championship game before the first Super Bowl K.C. 35-7 over Bills...
being in the stadium watching 1-12-1 Bills beating The soon to be Super Bowl champion Jets 37-35
our beloved stadium the 'rock pile's' was a mud pit. Two drops of rain and it became a swamp.
...here is to the days when a football players uniform would have grass stains and mud...

Location hidden

#60 Sep 26, 2013
I had this great poster of Buck Buchanan of the Chiefs all over Bart Starr...i played defense growing up.....Had a friend from Buffalo that had season tickets in the Dolphins end zone, and loved yelling at the players coming and going...lol...We used to go to all the Orange Bowl Classics, but don't live as close anymore....plus HDTV changed the game...lol...

“Moderately yours....”

Buffalo, NY

#61 Sep 26, 2013
Go Blue Forever wrote:
I had this great poster of Buck Buchanan of the Chiefs all over Bart Starr...i played defense growing up.....Had a friend from Buffalo that had season tickets in the Dolphins end zone, and loved yelling at the players coming and going...lol...We used to go to all the Orange Bowl Classics, but don't live as close anymore....plus HDTV changed the game...lol...
I know the photo...
I may have mentioned before that Starr was a childhood hero because i sent him a diagram of a flea flicker that i thought was so well designed...he answer with a brief note and a signed photo. "Diagraming plays is the stuff of coaches". At the rock pile there was an endzone that had a shallow slope and there was no net behind the goal posts. There were some serious brawls. I was lucky enough to meet Ernie Ladd once in a steak house ownd Paul Maguire, as a 10 old i thought i was looking up at paul Bunyun...Ladd was very gracious.

Location hidden

#62 Sep 27, 2013
Buffalo Bull wrote:
<quoted text>
I know the photo...
I may have mentioned before that Starr was a childhood hero because i sent him a diagram of a flea flicker that i thought was so well designed...he answer with a brief note and a signed photo. "Diagraming plays is the stuff of coaches". At the rock pile there was an endzone that had a shallow slope and there was no net behind the goal posts. There were some serious brawls. I was lucky enough to meet Ernie Ladd once in a steak house ownd Paul Maguire, as a 10 old i thought i was looking up at paul Bunyun...Ladd was very gracious.
I had an incident kinda like that, in 73-74....used to drink at a bar in Hollywood, Florida called Stratfords....anyway, turns out Larry Czonka, Jake Scott and several of the Dolphins also drank there....lol....i shook Czonka's hand once and it looked like the Seinfeld episode, about the girl he dates that has big "man hands"...lol...

“Moderately yours....”

Buffalo, NY

#63 Sep 27, 2013
Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text> I had an incident kinda like that, in 73-74....used to drink at a bar in Hollywood, Florida called Stratfords....anyway, turns out Larry Czonka, Jake Scott and several of the Dolphins also drank there....lol....i shook Czonka's hand once and it looked like the Seinfeld episode, about the girl he dates that has big "man hands"...lol...
I am easy to stump on TV trivia ...the TV is for sports and news...
Nearly every athlete i have met were great except one .a Bills star refused my son an autograph .and as fate would have it I met him again and a changed man..
My son was an autograph hound...the most gracious
Dale Hawerchuck
Rob Ray..the manis a prince...
Kent Hull...his hands were like two massive hams.

“UCLA Bruin Voice Of Reason!”

Since: Jun 11

West Hollywood, CA

#64 Sep 27, 2013
Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text> I am surprised, 1969....i should remember Archie's highlights much better, but i don't....no Sportscenter then...i do recall O.J. Simpson, Gary Beban and a great USC-UCLA game, also the huge 10-10 game between Michigan State and Notre Dame....just not Archie that much....
Please friend, we UCLA Bruin fans would prefer you FORGET that OJ Simpson game against us. He sliced through our Bruin defense more efficiently than he did Nicole's throat :(

“Moderately yours....”

Buffalo, NY

#65 Sep 27, 2013
PEE PEE PETE wrote:
<quoted text>Please friend, we UCLA Bruin fans would prefer you FORGET that OJ Simpson game against us. He sliced through our Bruin defense more efficiently than he did Nicole's throat :(

Pete i got to flag you ...15 yards for Un necessary...what ever...

Pete....take a stab at defining his style... would you describe O.J. as a slashing runner?

Location hidden

#66 Sep 27, 2013
PEE PEE PETE wrote:
<quoted text>Please friend, we UCLA Bruin fans would prefer you FORGET that OJ Simpson game against us. He sliced through our Bruin defense more efficiently than he did Nicole's throat :(
You should be aware of Gary Beban then?....Qb at UCLA, he was great....won the Heisman, i think....totally bombed in the NFL....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Marne Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Holder is stepping down 18 min Kathy 8
Pen pals wanted! Would you like to be my pen pal? 22 min Kathy 5
Bengazi is back 12 hr Oneal 153
One dead, another injured, in Montcalm Co. shoo... (Jun '08) 14 hr shutthefuckup 676
Benghazi Cash Grab! 18 hr Gville Jim 17
Obama Silent On 20 hr Gville Jim 3
Millennials To Obamacare: F That! (Mar '14) Mon Oneal 9
Marne Dating

more search filters

less search filters

Marne Jobs

Marne People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Marne News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Marne

Personal Finance