College football roundup: Ohio State ...

College football roundup: Ohio State starts the chase for No. 1 vs. Buffalo

There are 2625 comments on the Detroit Free Press story from Aug 30, 2013, titled College football roundup: Ohio State starts the chase for No. 1 vs. Buffalo. In it, Detroit Free Press reports that:

Matchup: Eastern Michigan vs. Howard . Kickoff: 6 p.m., Rynearson Stadium, Ypsilanti.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Detroit Free Press.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#570 Jan 27, 2014
Rio is one of those, get laid places...so, some guys are gonna disappear after a coupla drinks....lol....You ain't kidding about grimy slums....Like S,Chicago, in Portuguese...lol...Putin supposedly has a vacation place in Sochi and is hooked up with alot of the money there.....I believe the Mob actually runs alot of the economy, in Russia....I believe i did business with several of them, that owned banks in the Caribbean....many years ago...In Florida, in business....you may rub up againest some internationally edgy characters....lol....Like whats his face, setting up the event for Mitt Romney at the Juice Bar, sadly owned by the convicted coke dealer....lol....Anyway, good for us, we can spend 2-3 days recovering from the SB...Then blammo.....Whose got it luckier than us?......NOBODY!.....Be fun to watch the SB, with the Harbaugh brothers, eh?.....

Since: Aug 12

Buffalo, NY

#571 Jan 27, 2014
In Russia it is really unclear where the real economy ends and the shady underground Mob economy...When the Soviet Union went under some of the Russian players in the NHL were getting shaken down by the mob...Alexander Mogilny was one that I recall complaining....The deal was a small fee and mom and dad will still be here when you come home...The Chinese economy is the other failed Commie state trying to learn Capitalism on the fly...In Russia the what don't know is what bothers you...You don't know how much influence the Mob has...In China the what you do know is what bothers you...you definatly know who is running the show in China
We are lucky men for sure...Yea it would be fun to watch the game and to see how the brothers get along...Having a couple boys like that would make you a proud man eh?.
After that we could watch the Stanley Cup finals with the Sutter brothers.

Location hidden

#572 Jan 28, 2014
I'd love watching the Stanley Cup with Tony and Phil Espozito...or all the Hulls...lol...I was a huge Bruin fan, for awhile....you know, when they were good...lol....Even in last year's final, they had one line of massive French-Canadians that were dangerous.....Bull, there is something going on with China...i think it was partially responsible for the late week selloff....One fascinating note, Honda of America actually exported more vehicles last year, than it imported....Somewhat, the opposite effect of outsourcing....i seriously am shocked that so many freel that we aren't better off, than when this administration took office....Disturbing, even a poll on CBS showed 39% feel, we aren't better off......Many don't understand how perilous 2008 actually was......BTW, gaining alotta respect for Pete Carroll, watching his interviews.....Funny how interviews with all the Mannings are almost the same.....

Buffalo, NY

#573 Jan 28, 2014
the fact that 39% feel we are not better off needs to be put in perspective. For instance...When half the Republicans believe that Obama was not born in Hawaii...despite obvious proof...Hell Blue if Obama said water is wet 33% of Americans (nearly all republicans) would say water is dry...The important thing is that we see rogress going forward...If we do that question wil become irrelevent...China is more relevent we have mishandled China for decades..First by treating it's industries as Capitalist...They are organs of the State pure and simple...Worse yet we became addicted to the Reagan economic doctrine of lower than realistic taxes and higher than needed spending...Addicted to economic crack we needed cash to feed that 'Jones'...China was eager to be our crack dealer...If the withdrw their economic support now the Chinese have the power to crush the recovery..I don't think they want to...but they can...
The Mannings are Machines..born to be QB's I'll bet that a little Peyton was practicing interviews at age 6 ...That is why I have a softer spot for Eli...he seems less practiced...more genuine

Location hidden

#574 Jan 28, 2014
I think we need to scrutinize and hold Chinese products to the same standard as our own.....Bull, did you know that hundreds of dogs have died in the U.S.....poisoned by jerky treats, Made In China? They had several segments on the nightly news about it, and i think that is only a part of it......be careful what you eat, and the dog too.......Watched that Book of Manning again today on ESPN-U....Archie is a helluva dad....Hope Peyton wins Sunday, but these are two teams with real quality personnel....Eli looked exactly like Archie in his younger photos....Tough about Cooper, the oldest....hard watching it all, from the sidelines.....About politics, saw a great article by Joe Scarborough...about what has the conservative movement turned into.....How William F. Buckley would never recognize these Glen Beck Conservatives.....How the whole movements principals and precepts had been blown off the rails....pretty fascinating reading...I'm thinking the Fox factor will eventually be shown as a divisive and negative, historically.....

Buffalo, NY

#575 Jan 28, 2014
Imagine if Coper Manning had also been a great NFL QB...Considering the praise that a player gets for stuff he does on the fireld it is amazing that all three , Eli, Archie and Peyton seem to be very decent people, Extra praise for Archie...We are aware ofthe problems with Chinese pet foods..Mrs. Bull takes care of her babies.
Where was the Scarborough article?...Your right Buckley would be a RINO...Way back when I was a Republican...Kemp was pretty far right...Met him , he gave me a signed copy of his book ...When I take quotes from it and show them to Conservatives you get some interesting responses to the ideas of one of the right wings founding fathers...I agree that FOX will be viewed in a negative light down the road...Like so many on the right FOX went (more) nuts when Obama won...

Location hidden

#576 Jan 29, 2014
Scarborough's article, "My Fix For What Ails The Republican Party", in Sunday's Parade Magazine(11-17-13)......He state's that today's conservatives have strayed so far from the path of Buckley and even Ronald Reagan.....Jeb Bush has previously said, today's Republican party is something his father and Reagan, would'nt even recognize.....Glad President Obama went after them, a bit last night......Bull, don't know if you get into NBA, but tonight on ESPN, Oklahoma Thunder-Miami Heat is kinda a biggy.....Likely the two best teams, along with Indiana Pacers.....You are right about the strange responses you get....I posted a AP(1-9-14) article about...U.S. add's 238,000 jobs, more proof of a rebound.....some questioned Associated Press as Obama propaganda....lol....Honesty and reality, is just missing virtues for so many......Almost like they prefer partisan party politics, more than what is best for our Country.....

Buffalo, NY

#577 Jan 29, 2014
I am not a big NBA fan. I watch some college...pay attention tourny time, probibly a typical profile....Blue I love to debate politcs...Back in high school I participated on the debate team. You were scored by a panel. There were points taken for raising your voice. Getting Personal and interruption were unheard of in that setting...I am not dumb enough to expect that here or in politics in the real world...I expect some hair pulling and name calling...but all of those brain dead tactics mentioned above is the entire approach of some on the right. I believe that stuff is counter productive. It appears some favor the short term advantage gained from the thought that by damaging the President (or any other democrat, independent , or Rino) they win. And that they don't give a f*ck about any damage it does to the country .

Location hidden

#578 Jan 29, 2014
I love March Madness too....it sure was tough, seeing Go Blue lose in the final....NBA is often boring until the last 5 minutes in the close games...Except possibly for the best matchups, like tonight.....I like debating politics, also.....but the problem with topix is there are too many partisan trolls, that just aren't honest, and feel the need to deny facts....Hell, they would have you believe that our economy has'nt improved a bit, since Bush.....The posters that are agreeable, seem only interested in attacks and debating the trolls....bewildering.....So many are oblivious to the damage done by the teaparty House members....like obstructing bills that would have sped up our recovery, is somehow patriotic....lol....Wow....Wat ched a very good movie...Silver Linings Playbook.....Bradley Cooper is very good, and Jennifer Lawrence won a Best Actress Oscar for it....Sexy lady.....

Buffalo, NY

#579 Jan 29, 2014
I've never seen that movie...I'll have to keep my eyes open for it ....
Watching Islanders v. Rangers @ Yankee stadium..The ice got crapppy at the end of the first period..The lighting set for baseball illimunates unevenly... leaves Dark corners and shadows...Brodeur said the seating no being square to the ice surface...tapering away from the rink as you look from one side of the rink to the other...F*cked with his depth perception...As far as our trolls and other assorted friends on the political end of this site...Adieu...I haven't been over there in a long while...The right wingers who believe in violent overthrow of the Gov't take was is just annoying and give it an ominusly creepy texture...I found a few people our side and fewer thier side who seemed to be trying to make sense tell the truth and be civil...If it weren't for this page I would have shut the lights out all together

Location hidden

#580 Jan 30, 2014
You're right, i would much prefer the conversations we enjoy than the dishonesty and denial.....I probably should have watched Hockey, as the Heat started out up like 18 points, then laid an egg....brutal.....We alway's find these offbeat shows like, WE MOVE ANIMALS.....LOL.....sound's like Topix, eh?.....This morning's CBS show had Archie Manning on....he's so soft-spoken, and the two, otherwise brilliant gals asked the lamest questions....like....When you watch both Peyton and Eli play, who is better?.....God....I was ashamed for him......Liked the bully republican congressman threatening to throw the little reporter over the balcony. eh?......Kinda tarnished that ugly GOP rebuttal of the State of the Union.....F'ing priceless.....Getting close to the, "BIG SUPERBOWL PREDICTION" postings...eh, Bull?.....

Buffalo, NY

#581 Jan 30, 2014
We move animals...If we exclude us i would have to say that the animals here are immovable...It is too bad that the few over there who don't get off on blabber and smoke, haven't migrated to more hospitable locales...The write up on that GOP congressman is that he has exibited similar behaviour in the past...just ...this time he is sorry....And it was a puffball question all he had to do was go deaf or blame the MSM...At least Archie took the question with more grace...Why didn't she ask him when you watch them both play who do you bet on?
My big predictions...I'm going to bet on snow(I bet you can)...Taking the over on shots of Archie during the game 8 1\2 seems a bit too low...going with Beer ads over pop ad...the spread on that one is... even
As far as the score of the game...I'll wait another day or so...

Location hidden

#582 Jan 30, 2014
On a roll lately, along with my AP and UPI Economy news clippings...hard to argue with business success....Market's edginess over China and dropping stimulus to $65 billion is to be predicted....Were are getting better, Bull......GOP/Marine congressman, is like several cops i knew, that were different, cause of the uniform.....likely a bully as a kid....Saw an interview with Colin Kaepernick and i really liked him...smart and respectable....the kissing the bicep, threw me of originally.....the opposite of Warren Sapp, who i respected as a player, but is a bit creepy now......Part of me, wants the weather to suck, and teach the Corporate NFL suits, a lesson....the penguins...lol...My fave SB commercial is gonna be the Golden Retriever puppy and Clydesdale colt growing up....

Buffalo, NY

#583 Jan 30, 2014
When marketing you can't go wrong with animals...most people who don't have kids have animals...more people with kids think they have animals...More often than not they are correct...even people who don't like themselves like animals...lol
What you said about that congress-boob and cops being bullys is true to a big degree...wouldn't say it a family reunion, a couple of cops in the family...And it seems very true there are more Republican cops than Democrat Cops.
If on sunday the temperature is 3 below with snow and wind...NFL inc. will be more pissed that the weather didn't obey their commands than being contrite...Thats the last thing that will cross their minds
There was a correction due in the market, it landed with both feet...The uptick today is unevenly distributed...i'm too deep in litigants...

Location hidden

#584 Jan 30, 2014
Yeah, and the wife is stoked for the Puppy Bowl...lol....FYI, at 9 tonight, SNL special, with clips of Brady and both Mannings hosting the show......should be killer funny....Seem's the governor and mayor really screwed up in Atlanta....hard to believe that many people, having to just stay in their car for 14 hours or more....People in much of the south, are clueless about driving in ice/snow.....

Buffalo, NY

#585 Jan 30, 2014
My wife is the same loves the puppy bowl....She has already declared both Seattle and Denver uniforms too ugly...so she says she'll be watching the puppy bowl...So I calle dthe bookiie...You can bet on weather...snow or no snow...but... he won't quote any odds on the pupy bowl
I may have mentioned having spent a little time in Athens Tennessee it had rained and froze overnight that morning the southerners we going sideway....That morning all you could hear was engines being gunned as tires whined ...spinning in futility against the ice....
My friends down there were fortunate....
They had a Yankee...able to drive.....
Sons girlfriend lives in Mobile....she said they were freezing....
I smiled.....

Location hidden

#586 Jan 31, 2014
We love the Puppy Bowl, and also an AP show, Too Cute....My wife has an official #18 dark blue and orange jersey....I've alway's liked Tennessee, what did you think? Sometime the water there tastes funny, as too much iron in it...Still look at R.E. around Knoxville, for grins......tried to sell Western North Carolina to both wives...lol...Guess it's good we stayed here....Well, going to Target today for the traditional Superbowl Babybacks.....Have to use cash there...lol....My youngest sister and her husband moved to Auburn, Alabama last year....He got offered a great job there....they seem to love it.....

Buffalo, NY

#587 Jan 31, 2014
The wife had picked up ribs...you mentioning that made me think that ribs is good Super Bowl food...Got a six pack of IBC and a Cohiba...I am pretty much set and ready...I have always liked Tennessee's uniforms...They have a traditional feel that I like..No matter how you try to sell it Uniforms like Oregon's in College or Seattle in the NFL are plain repellant...
I know how you feel about Target...but...go ahead use plastic there..two reasons...first they have just gotten burnt they most likely have plugged the hole in their security....and no matter how careful you are the companies that process your card info ...the holding company and the store you shop at have most likely already been hacked...If you have a credit card anywhere you are at risk...and if you don't there is always the chance that someone has done that for you...they just forgot to tell you...There is no thing as cyber-safe...even if you don't go on line your information is elsewhere...

Location hidden

#588 Jan 31, 2014
Sorry, Bull....nothing goes with Orange and White...lol...Maybe the Titans colors...maybe....I actually get the new style Uni's....Like Oregon and often Maryland....Penn State's are sooo lame.....look like the poorest Catholic school in town.....About Target...i got home and can't find what i was charged $16 for on the reciept...Damn....Not sure if i should start not trusting them, or it's just a screwup.....I like IBC too, also Vernor's Ginger Ale.....I like coffee more now, than when i was younger....How you feel about credit card intrusion, is how i feel about this internet...You know, the new-fangled stuff....lol....

Buffalo, NY

#589 Jan 31, 2014
I love the old school traditional uniforms...and a helmet logo you can decipher from the cheap seats....Like Oklahoma..Alabama...But Penn State is a bit too bland...When UB was set to go up to Div 1A they hired Penn States Offensive line coach he brought in uni's identicle to Penn State's...Whe we played there ...it looked like Penn States spring scrimage game...In the pros I think Green Bay has the look
Who knows about that $16 overcharge... Cashiers usually don't pay much attention to what they are doing... if it beeps when they pass an item over the scanner...It must be right...
Credit card intrusion and the internet are co-joined...It makes the internet a place where the smart thief's work ...And I know this isn't just a case of me being a cranky old fossil pining for the Createaus...The Internet abolished privacy
Love coffee too a full pot every morning strong and natural... straight no creme or sugar

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Marne Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Lets Chat (Mar '08) 5 hr Gville Jim 40,226
Crooked Hillary's Tax Return Challenge To Donald 6 hr Gville Jim 5
News Kent County Detectives: Teen homicide suspect k... Mon HillJack 1
Old things and places we remember from the Gran... (Feb '09) Mon Robert walker 1,100
Local News Women (Apr '09) Mon Banned 2,684
News Pay your utility bills or lose service (Dec '08) Aug 19 Shimake 160
Days of Yore Aug 18 Gville Jim 2

Marne Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Marne Mortgages