Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#550 Jan 22, 2014
The Stanley Cup Final, signals the end of sports for me...at least for awhile...NBA playoffs are kinda medium.....90 Day Visa is fascinating reality show, about these guys that meet women overseas and get a visa, tied to their desire to get married, within a set time...90 days....Helluva culture shock for the ladies....lol....I have been lucky enough to have traveled around much of the world....and USA would be a huge shock for some......I've alway's felt relieved coming back....Bull, we are members of the Lucky Sperm Club, being born here......Shows like that alway's remind me of that.....help me appreciate it ........Tonite is the big one....Blackhawks-Redwings.... ..We're getting a keylime pie, to celebrate...lol...

“Moderately yours....”

Since: Aug 12

Buffalo, NY

#551 Jan 23, 2014
Red wings And Black hawks was a great game...It is a shame that those two aint in the same division anymore...The East is so much easier travel wise...but the move took them away from a natural rival
We do have it good here. Unlike you my travels are strictly North American, Canada which really dont seem to count and Mexico..There you can get a quick peek at third world poverty. The joke being if you want to see the third world just go to East St. Louis Ill. or The East side of Buffalo or Washington DC there are enough domestic ghettos and slums...You are right we both belong to the lucky sperm club, born in the right country...the right pigmentation....So we got a fair shot at the 'prize'...and made good...not as good as my buddies but I was playing hockey while they were busy busy busy.
The Stanley Cup is the end of sports most years...World Cup is cool..Baseball at the Park is barely watchable...
The redeemer is concert season...I used to be willing to travel to see my boys Derek Trucks and Warren Haynes Play in thier many bands...They are both of the Allman brothers guitarists they both have excellent solo acts..and Warren will play with anyone anywhere one summer we saw him play with 3 different bands The Allmans..his band 'Gov't Mule' and with the Dead as Jerry Garcia's sit in...bad back means they gotta come to me...no long car rides for me

Location hidden

#552 Jan 23, 2014
See, now i liked the game, but thought it was sloppy as hell....sad that Pavel Datsyk and many of the regulars were out, supposedly getting healed for the Olympics......Hate to be a guy that paid $200 a seat for that one game, along the boards.....Those two teams, should never have been separated....often, what is deemed as progress, is anything but.....Big Cities that close are natural rivals, like NYC-Boston.....Detroit needs to keep winning, if they want the playoffs.....Used to seem in the NHL, everyone was in the playoffs...lol....I understand, your rock obsession....i was alway's that way about Fagan-Becker of Steely Dan.....I love Gregg Allman's vocals in several of their songs....Whipping Post, was a favorite....Went to several White Sox games as a kid...a large part of it was people watching....Dolphin games are a lot of that, especially for many women.....Goodell is on TV, this morning....not sure if he is a good guy or not.....i don't agree with losing the extra point kick.....

“Moderately yours....”

Buffalo, NY

#553 Jan 23, 2014
Datsyk sitting out does stink for that fan who paid $200 to sit behind the glass...at least he wasn't in Florida...He would have paid $200 and sat behind a pane of glass covered in paper..lol...Everyone made the playoff because of money now not everyone makes the playoffs..Bettman to the rescue..They can't expand the playoffs(can they?) so there is talk on CBC about..NHL expansion..will Quebec get it's team back and if New York gets three teams why doesn't Toronto have two...
Baseball is mainly people watching inbetween pitches...where you in Chicago when Veeck Jr ran the show...Disco demolition night is the high water mark in sports marketing...
Florida must be a 'people' watchers heaven...watching the correct 'people' of course...Goodell is a CEO..like Bettman...only with the commonsense to talk very little...Bettmen babbles see the comment on the CBC...I don't agree with losing the extra point either..if you want more excitment you could borrow an idea my granpa used to talk about..eliminate the two point ..move it back to the 5 yard line...kick for one or pass/ run for three...I didn't like that idea either...I'm good where it's at

Location hidden

#554 Jan 23, 2014
Rather than getting rid of the extra point, i prefer your Grampa's idea....Just not comfortable with a Commissioner that want's to change the game, cause he is in power.....Greg Cosell from NFL Films say's this Superbowl teeters on the battle between Denver protecting Peyton, and the Seattle D getting to him.....at least, that is what the film shows him......Yeah, part of last night's hockey game, felt like the IHL games between Grand Rapids and the Kalamazoo Wings....lol....Hey, where did the real guys go?...lol....Surprised with all the expansion talk, Portland, Oregon is never in the conversation.....I recall Bill Veeck...the dad was the real deal....hiring a midget to bat, that got walked everytime....lol....Lou Boudreau of the Cleveland Indians grew up and played AAA ball with my stepdad, pre-WW II.....I believe he was an Indian, while Veeck was the manager......Florida is a people watching place, due to the women wearing summer clothes, year round.....During college, my friend played tackle at Florida in Gainesville, a campus where a growing boy, could go blind....lol....

“Moderately yours....”

Buffalo, NY

#555 Jan 24, 2014
Zero degrees this morning...no breeze...the wind is suposed to pick up later in the day then -20 to -30 windchill... the Olympics and the agreements that ease the NHL players into it are all corporate thinking...It is a goodworld wide revenue enhancer...The knowledge that some Russian kid has that at least this part of his career is accessable to the folks back home, could sell him on the NHL and sell NHL merchandise to the Russians....Portland...Houston and Salt Lake City all could be in the expansion picture...But that was CBC responding to Bettman...They ignored the American cities and seemed to be saying ifCanada wants both of those team we have to get the jump on the U.S. possibile sites...For the olympics...would be sweet to beat Canada in the medal round...don't matter if it is for Bronze...They will treat it the way we treated 911....Veeck SR & JR were American classics, Eddie Gaedl was the midget..Gaedl batted on one time...if I recall correctly...SR. also had Pete Gray on the St. Louis Browns...Gray had one arm...he played outfield and for a season was a fairly well used back up...He hit .214 career ( i think the numbers right)

Location hidden

#556 Jan 24, 2014
Expansion?....Are they nuts?...NHL has way too many teams as it is, and we both know that it weakens the product...i think they have already diluted the product enough.....30 teams, should be 24....Can't grow the brand, by diluting it....no wonder a good TV deal, eludes them.....As far as one armed players, i recall a Jimmy Stewert movie, about...Monte Irvin?....Also Jim Abbott from Go Blue, pitched for the White Sox, for a couple years......BTW, just recalled a distant cousin that played at Michigan, and briefly at LB for the Bills....Jim Jilek...woulda been around the time of OJ......blew out his knee, as i recall...is a State Farm agent in Ann Arbor....

“Moderately yours....”

Buffalo, NY

#557 Jan 25, 2014
the name sound familiar but it could be my memory we had a Janik and that could be the source of my cloudy memory. I remember Abbott he was also a Yankee for a bit...The NHL has had a long and storied history of getting it horriably wrong when it came to expansion and playoffs...First expansion 6 teams in one year...should have been two every couple years let the new teams get thier feet under them. It should have go Stl & Philly..Then Minn & Pitt Then LA & Vanc( Oakland & Findlay was a poor choice)....to compound the pain they made the new guys a complete division...they guarenteed a seriers of uncompetitive finals.... So the short answer to your question is you bet 'ya...Lemieux once called it a 'garage league' and they still are...What they hope to do is depopulate the KHL...I bet the reason for the olympic players being allowed to sit out games...Maybe a deal along the line of help Russia win in the olympics and we wont hold anyone here to thier contracts...The reason for no TV deal southerners & southwesterners for the most part think of it as soccer on ice...We are about 40 Russians away from it......

Location hidden

#558 Jan 25, 2014
Bull, you're generalizing a bit on both southerners and southwesterners......way too many people from the midwest, retiring or moving to Arizona....and S.Fl is everyone outta NY,NJ, MASS, PENN, plus much of the Midwest, especially around Tampa.....problem may be more economic....too many seniors on fixed incomes......around me there is likely too much money.....One of the eternal sports dilemma's for both SoCal and SoFla are.........too many things to do....It's not like Minn or Chi and it's below 40 degrees for 5 months......Looking at it, totally from a business perspective....I think Hockey created many of their own problems...but still love it.....Olympics should be great, and then the NHL get's back to full speed.......Hope you are feeling okay.....i know you guys are freezing up there.....imagine, they still question, Climate Change.....See where Sherman got fined $7800 ? I think it was mainly for the throat slash.....I have this feeling, Seattle will win, but i want the Broncos....lol.....

“Moderately yours....”

Buffalo, NY

#559 Jan 25, 2014
$7800 really ..I hope he has learned his lesson...and I hope he can still feed his family...
I have the same bad feeling about the Super Bowl...It should be a close game...the spread was 31\2 Broncos favored...It could come down to who is willing to stretch the rules and exhibit no respect for the others guys body Seahawks are a genuinely nasty team...
Speaking of it Welker was going after Taqib's knees..Had a procedure...last hockey fight was some kid who went low after my knees...I knew it was time to quit when I got ejected with 5 minutes for fighting and a double minor for 'Child Abuse'...Ref actually called it that way....he was guy i used to play against...lol
I may be exaggerating the dis taste for hockey in some places...Marginally...I love seeing the guys playing for their native counties..Remember the Canada cup....Same idea just preseason...that was some great hockey...
We have dipped below zero a couple time ...yesterday with out a breeze... it was pleasant while your in the sun...Winds kicked up last night and it is quite unpleasant out there.

Location hidden

#560 Jan 25, 2014
Funny thing happened today...among my chores was to go to a Kosher Market, down in Delray for Nova Lox(Smoked Salmon)....when i got there it was closed...i asked at another store and they jokingly called me a bad jew....lol, i told her i was'nt jewish, but dutch-german from Michigan....Seem's that over the centuries, the jews in Europe, grew to love the same meats and foods, that the europeans did....My mom used to buy beef tongue for cheap and make both soup and sandwiches....Now, down here, it's $5.99 a pound cause of....lol.....Live and learn...Thank God i found a true bad jew, that's deli market was open 7 days....lol....Religion only goes so deep.....

“Moderately yours....”

Buffalo, NY

#561 Jan 25, 2014
There are a lot of religeous impositions into feeding ones face...As good Catholic boys we never would dream of eating meat on friday...A Jewish friend was raised in New York City in a orthodox household.As an act of youthful revoultion he cooked bacon and then washed all of the dishes in the house in the greasy water left behind from washing the pan...they had to bury the dishes...this guy is an athiest...but even at 65 he regrets something he did 50 something years before...I always figured no just god would chuck me into eternal damnation and let Hitler into paradise because he ate correctly...
When presented something that is unfamiliar my policy is take a taste (un less it is extra spicy) smile be polite ...swallow...

Location hidden

#562 Jan 26, 2014
I grew up around a bunch of Irish Catholics, and Italians....and remember the Friday deal.....I've had some memorable meals.....In Munich, huge tankards of local beer....and matjes fillet, herring in cream sauce and onion sandwiches....In Hong Kong, i had Begger's Chicken, cooked in the oven, in a clay domed bowl...when it is done, the waiter crack's the hardened clay, and all the steaming chicken and herbs spill out......Tonight is the ProBowl...what a cluster.....When i was a kid, the Chicago Tribune sponsored the All-Star games....Last year's NFL Champs againest the College All Stars....remember that?....i think the last one was called by Lightening.....They would be better served by having a televised tribute show, where they hand out the individual awards....fake football is bad tv.....Michigan came back againest Michigan State to win last nite, of course after i started watching something else....Guess hockey in slush, at Dodger Stadium, was a bad idea, eh?

“Moderately yours....”

Buffalo, NY

#563 Jan 26, 2014
i used to look forward to the Champs v. College all-stars....It was the first preseason game of the year preceding the Hall of Fame game...The All Stars won like 3 of the first 4...They beat Lombardi's Packers I recall reading somewhere that Lombardi was none to pleased and let his team know..
While we are doing trivia... Remember the Playoff Bowl?...It was the consolation game pitting the two teams who had lost in the first round of the NFL playoffs...I had my doubts about out side hockey in some places...But what do i know...Obviously little because they never ask for my advise..
The Pro Bowl is hard to fake an interest in...The only all-star game played any where near the level that a regular season game iis played is in baseball...All Star games are worthless

Location hidden

#564 Jan 26, 2014
I recall that years ago, i only watched the Football All-Star game, was to see the occasional Hawaiian girl...lol...Baseball and Basketball are better games.....I was watching Rugby Sevens...it's coming on NBC at 5....i like that sport, at least to watch.....Tonight, she has Grammys and then Downton Abbey, so it won't matter.....i see there is another Winter Classic at Yankee Stadium....NHL's greed is starting to look as seemingly apparent as the NFL.......I get to where i look upon any form of corporate greed as just classless......I remember the playoff bowl...also at the end of the NCAA Hoops tourny....imagine, having to play an additional game to establish 3rd place.....Big T-bones on the grill tonight, Bull...Arteries be damned....lol....

“Moderately yours....”

Buffalo, NY

#565 Jan 27, 2014
I seen the Rugby 7's it is a rough game...in my 20's I would have loved it..I may have been a bit short of those guys..bulk wise...but it' looks like fun...except when a Somoan steps on your skull...NHL has always been greedy as hell it is just that they have been so cartoonish and inept in trying to cash in it looks like they are just dumb not greedy... I love the game but the way it operated in the past is just as Lemieux said...like it is a leagure some guy runs out of his garage....
I am with you on that Blue...I gag at the obvious money grabs...The NCAA's round ball tourny is bad...With time outs and intentional fouls...and the beer commericals that follow each...They can take a two point game milk the last minute out for a half hour and take what should be riviting sports TV and make it damn near unwatchable.....
Saw football lite...err the pro bowl last night...nodded out during that one

Location hidden

#566 Jan 27, 2014
I watched some of both halves of the ProBowl....it was kinda like a charity game, where the players don't want to really engage eachother for fear of injury....with the comic angle of Deon and Jerry Rice, you can kinda see what they are attempting to do.......if it's critics keep complaining that it is a joke....they may be playing up that angle....lol...who knows.....Larry Czonka would have been an excellent Rugby 7's player....or Christian Okoyae.....The Bus....John Riggens....it sure is fascinating to watch.....Wish i got the occasional Sumo Tournament as well.....Hope not, but i have a sinking feeling about these Olympics......Remember Munich? What an awful incident for such a beautiful location.....Talking about greed....we have a local news show at noon, just like everywhere else....they have like 17 minutes of actual news and weather, and 13 minutes of commercials and self-promotion..........Anothe r....We have Comcast internet/cable/phone, anyway there is a loudness limit, set on almost every program or cable channel....but, Comcast's Xfinity commercial is way louder than anything else....lol.....audio greed, eh?.....

“Moderately yours....”

Buffalo, NY

#567 Jan 27, 2014
You got a good list of big backs who could of played rugby...Lets add Hershel Walker and Ricky Williams...When i was watching i thought that LB's would be great at Rugby ...Jack Lambert...LT...Kuechley from Carolina....The NFL was downgrading the competion angle at the pro bowl...correctly....Next year they should let a couple of schmuck fans call the plays...Is America ready for Team Blue v. Team Bull...?
I hope the Russians can keep it secure...but I doubt it too...My fear is that some Westerner attending the games will get loaded and wander off the reservation...The news this morning was showing Sochi...looks peaceful in an ominus way...The biggest differences in comparing this olympis to Munich's...Having experenced terorrism in Munich there was been a big enhancement in security...And I would bet that the Russians have been very busy...also they won't hesitate to take actions that westerners don't want to know about...but it seems there is a higher threat at each turn...after seeing the shots from Sochi...i thought of New York Sunday...

Location hidden

#568 Jan 27, 2014
Don't forget Joe Don Looney...lol...actually, from what i see, speed is a great virtue in Rugby....so i would select Gale Sayers, Billy Simms and Herschel Walker too....lol....I was thinking maybe Deon Sanders, but no human has ever seen him make a tackle....lol...Dolphins had a DB Steve Smith that used to come frighteningly close, occasionally....Won't see him, no mo.......I hope the Russians can keep everybody safe too....but they are so creepy...kinda like updated nazis, but with a lower clothing allowance...Evidently, Putin picked that city, simply because he likes it there....Saw a 60 Minutes segment which questioned, whether it would be cold enough. Seem's both the Olympics and World Cup, might want to take global terrorism, into consideration more....I'd like to get back to a few spots in Europe, but an Olympics or freezing Superbowl don't interest me, .....except in HD...lol...

“Moderately yours....”

Buffalo, NY

#569 Jan 27, 2014
Also on my Rugby team are some TE's Jason Witten...Kellen Winslow Sr. And Antonio Gates...The is a world of difference in pass coverage between Sanders and Smith...With Deon Covering the way he had I would have been willing to overlook single diget seasons in tackles...And Deon was a hall of fame kick returner...The only big question is would Deon get tackled any more than he tackles...
I get the same creepy feeling about the Russians that you have...They are Nazi's...after the labotomy...So Sochi is a place that Putin is comfortable in...Must be a prison...The World Cup could be interesting being held in Brazil it make the cup a nice stage if your trying to highlight the huge and growing income gulf between the worlds richest and poorest citizens...The Brazilians challenge will be how to keep foriegners from wandering into some of the grimmest slums in the world

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Marne Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Lets Chat (Mar '08) 16 hr Trouser Cough 40,169
Al Sharpton's Marchers in New York City Chant "... Tue Gville Jim 5
facts of life Tue Sneaky Pete 6
Experience a historical Christmas in downtown G... Tue Mr Wiggley 69
Old things and places we remember from the Gran... (Feb '09) Tue a commenter 976
50 Most Influential Women in West Michigan (Mar '08) Tue knowwhatitslike 47
Put Tolls on Our Interstate Highways Dec 21 SLY WEST 24
Marne Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Marne People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Marne News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Marne

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News