College football roundup: Ohio State ...

College football roundup: Ohio State starts the chase for No. 1 vs. Buffalo

There are 2627 comments on the Detroit Free Press story from Aug 30, 2013, titled College football roundup: Ohio State starts the chase for No. 1 vs. Buffalo. In it, Detroit Free Press reports that:

Matchup: Eastern Michigan vs. Howard . Kickoff: 6 p.m., Rynearson Stadium, Ypsilanti.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Detroit Free Press.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#510 Jan 12, 2014
Not to worry, i did the same thing on the exciting ending of the FSU National Championship game....lol.....I was pulling for the Colts, just to see somebody new....but, Belichek is a genius, eh? Brady and Blount just keep running over you, till the start passing toward the end...Wow.....Colston may need counseling for the shame he will live with for that....lol....haven't a clue, as to what he was thinking....as for corporate greed, notice what the networks and NFL do......score....8 commercials...kickoff....9 commercials.....and before a single play is run......We have a local noon news show, that is actually 16 minutes of actual news and weather.....and 14 minutes of commercials, including self-promotion......Alway's thought the FCC had strict rules governing that?.....You are correct about both political and corporate greed, and the fact that the Chargers-Broncos is the biggest game TODAY......

Since: Aug 12

Buffalo, NY

#511 Jan 12, 2014
very sorry to be in anyway right about greed ...but...You also have a handle on it in that you express a healthy distrust of corporate leadership...They have a nice word that covers all of that...monitization...the act of milking the last dime out of a situation...
The FCC...HAD strict rules governing that...Haven't you read the e-mail...all gov't regulation is evil and counterproductive...It is far better to have the market place decide how much moitization we can endure...You would have known all this if you had listened to AM radio...check out what our local AM radio teabagge has to say...Seriously check this out ...man needs medication.
http://www.buffalonews.com/city-region/wben-h...
The Sabers have a GM so now they got a whole new mgt. team in place I assume we will hear the final word on Ryan Miller soon...miller said he expects to hear from LaFontaine and Murray any day now...

Location hidden

#512 Jan 13, 2014
Well Bull, pretty damn good football....i think we also, actually got the best four teams in the end.....Wife a big Peyton Manning fan, and she was screaming toward the end, thinking the Chargers were gonna come back, like the Ravens did.....they never forget....finally i was telling her, the Chargers aren't even gonna get the ball back....lol....the drama.....now i just need the Seahawks and Broncos to win next Sunday.....Saw a blurb about the NFL having second thoughts about the planned their Winter Classic...er, Super Bowl....lol.....Saddest part about the left and right of many issues is....they both probably have some excellent ideas, if only they could find a way, more toward the middle....

Buffalo, NY

#513 Jan 13, 2014
There was some very good ball this weekend....The Chargers covered...If you were a bookie i would have called it a win...but it was no way as close as a 7 point game...You are right about having the best four teams...Brady v. manning will be a fun one to watch...The same game plan as the Patriots used this week will work against the Broncos...If the Broncos can not force the Patriots to open it up ...they will not win...Seahawks v. 49ers looks like the Seahawks game to lose...although the 49ers are capable...
I can't remember who came up with this political concept...
The ideological wings both right and left is where ideas are generated...but the middle is where those ideas are formed into policy...Thus the party that controlls the middle will have the upper hand in constructing policy...The hard rights war against the middle is thus so counter productive... too it's own goals...
Izzone

Hudsonville, MI

#514 Jan 13, 2014
Great to see the Buckeyes bite the big one again. Here's a little known bit of trivia: did you know that Aaron Craft's grandfather, Chris, used to be a boat builder?

Location hidden

#515 Jan 13, 2014
Actually, of the 4 teams left....i think the Broncos and Seahawks are the hardest to run on.....Peyton has too many tools, with this group.....and Brady, not enough.....at least i hope...lol....Belichek will probably pull something out......I'm also kinda anxious to see how Russell Wilson does in this game......Do you remember Larry Czonka?....I imagine, that is kind how it feels for a tackle of Marshawn Lynch....what a beast.....BTW, who is Aaron Craft?

Buffalo, NY

#516 Jan 13, 2014
Blue ... everyone knows that Aaron Craft is Chris Crafts Grand son ...beyond that little is known
Larry Czonka was a slower moving guy ...I would have used Ricky Watters or even Ricky Williams as a Marshawn Lynch comparison...Czonka is more like the Full back type Like Mike Alstat (sp). I didn't see the point spreads but i would think they would be closer than this past Sundays...The Broncos play the run pretty well The Pats miss Wilfolk...The Broncos Defense isn't air tight...and if they dont play as well as they played San Diego for 3 quarters theymight have problems...I would like to see Manning get another ring...If he does and then retires they would miss him a lot

Location hidden

#517 Jan 14, 2014
I wonder if Peyton would retire, if they were to win the SB?....I think he likes the competition too much, but we don't know what effect all those neck surgeries has had......Tom Brady has had quite the year, considering all the player changes....just to get to the AFC Championship is quite an achievement.....And how about Jim Harbaugh....leading the 49ers to the NFC Championship in every one of his first three years as head coach? Pretty remarkable.....The Dolphins fired their GM Ireland...i was surprised, he lasted as long as he did.....EFFECT OF COLLEGE RECRUITING....#! in the Top 300 H.S. Recruits,,,Fournette, a RB out of Louisianna, commits to LSU.....Hours later, last season's LSU starting RB(1400 yds, 16 TD's) declares his eligibility for the NFL Draft.....Sports is truly a business.....

Buffalo, NY

#518 Jan 14, 2014
Sports is truly a buisness...Very true and not quite true at the same time...
True...I had been saying for a long time that the NCAA should be paying it's Football and Basketball payers, Face it The NCAA is the NFL & NBA's minor league system...The kids should get a cut of the sick $$$ they generate...
Not quite true...There is something beyond money and fame that motivates the true 'Great Ones' like Peyton and Brady...It isn't just the love of the game...It is proving yourself superior against the game... against a great foe ( see Ali v. Frazier) and maybe more important against yourself.
f Peyton wins the Bowl then he will have proven all three of those things...Unless he will play until he disgraces his name( see Guy LaFluer as a Ranger and Nordique...Johnny Unitas as a charger)..
As much as i like peyton...If he wins...he should hang 'em up

Location hidden

#519 Jan 14, 2014
You're probably right....there is something special about winning the big one, and then hanging it up....like Elway.....I know well, how uncomfortable Namath looked in that L.A. Rams uniform....lol....Don't know if i mentioned it, but we have so far, been screwed outta winter....2 days below 65 degrees so far....and i have the AC off, and the house smells like we have dogs...lol...Supposed to get rain, and we better, as i spread all my Weed and Feed....followed by 3-4 actual cool days.....Some people down here, just never turn their AC off......Talking about a turnoff, Colin Cowherd, this morning committed half his show to A-Rod and his sleazy lawyer.....lol....Bull, you know at first i wanted to think Christie was'nt involved in bridgegate.....but now??? He was the only likable republican too....lol....

Buffalo, NY

#520 Jan 15, 2014
retiring on top would be the way to go...In hockey a guy like LaFluer could play till he is 42 because in that sport the old guy can play 4th line and power play get in 10 minutes a games and not hurt his team terribly.. You can't do that as a QB without killing your team ...I don't wanna see a season where Peyton is crapping on his hero status...We had a high of 50 yesterday we had some rain...except for the mounds of snow in store parking lots there is no snow on the ground we have two more months where weather can be an issue...
A-Rod.... there is a disgrace...If he wants to play after his suspension...My hope is that...the Yankees release him and no one will sign him....A-rod 's entire career is crap...I hope he gets what he desersves. His lawyer is a scumbag...I heard him talking about A-Rod's suspension and I nearly gagged...
I always assumed that some kind of excess in terms of ego and bullying were in Christies DNA...And Kathleen Parker a right wing columnist wrote that the crime is in the is the biased MSM's coverage...No fault stupidity

Location hidden

#521 Jan 15, 2014
Did'nt know that Brodeur and Jagr are both still playing....they mentioned that Jagr passed Messier on the scoring records.....saw a fascinating show on NHL channel, about the Top 10 USA born players....guys like LaFontaine, Mark Howe....Mike Medano....Colin Cowherd has Mel Kypers top mock draft picks....Jahlil Mack to the Buccaneers with the 7th pick......Johnny Football #1 to Houston......I hope A-Rod is history soon....but, can't understand why they all talk about him finding this seedy fake docter in Miami, like he went outta his way....when A-Rod is from Miami....lol.....not exactly a Clousseau moment......My dad say's Christie isn't done yet.....so look for the GOPers to still prop him up...lol...maybe....

Buffalo, NY

#522 Jan 15, 2014
Brodeur is amazing... but last yeear he seemed to wear out at the end...This year with the Olympics giving him a nice rest he can be ready and able...Jagr is playing at a high level...With his time somewhat limited he is stilll contributing a lot. I have seen mock drafts With Bridgewater or Johnny football or Jadavon Clowney going to Houston... Right now i would pick Bridgewater...Also they had Khalil Mack going Atlanta or Tampa or Buffalo....That would be a great pick for the Bills.
Along with those US born NHL players add Rangers goalie Mike Richter... Saber and Jet defensman Phil Housley and Saber goalie Ryan Miller and Star winger Brett Hull
Arod is delusional and disgraced...If he would just shut up and go away
The Establisment GOP likes Christie a lot if there isn't some one else who enters the game Christie isn't done...but the Tea wing will hack at him relentlessly

Location hidden

#523 Jan 15, 2014
I think the truth is bound to come out about Christie knowing all along about both bridgegate and the misuse of hurricane funds, for that self-promoting commercial.....i think he's done......like they have any chance in 2016 anyway......Brett Hull was the one that i could'nt remember....Odd, because Bobby Hull, Stan Makita and Eric Nesterenko where about the time i started paying attention to the NHL......it's my go to sport, after the SB....i try to get into the NBA, but it seem's like they only really play the last ten minutes....lol....I'm not much of a baseball guy......The draft is fascinating...considering if Bridgewater of Manzeil will get drafted first....whose gonna get the big Qb outta Central Florida?.....getting cool here, finally......

Buffalo, NY

#524 Jan 16, 2014
I think we will have to wait a few more weeks to get a good handle on where all of these QB's will be going. The College all-star games and the combine are gonna help determine the answers...I think Houston, Oakland, Minnisota and Cleveland are almost sure to take a first rd. QB...I wouldn't be shocked if Chicago, Denver, Dallas, Tennesse or Tampa took a QB.
Hockey and football have an equal status here...Baseball is great because it generates wonderful stats..If you are a numbers wonk that aspect of Baseball is cool...College basketball is tolerated as is soccer...The World Cup is an engaging event...Pro hoops doesn't make much of an impact...Boxing is cool as long as the fight is a competitive bout..
The Tea types will use this issue against Christie if he decides to run...It was hard enough to see him winning before this...now I bet he won't even try...The tea's in NY are busy trying to convince Trump to run against Cuomo...Trump seems to be amused and flattered

Location hidden

#525 Jan 16, 2014
I would add Jacksonville to the Qb seeker list.....Watched a great Pens-Caps game last night....Blackhawks-Redwings Saturday...that's must watch for me.....my list would also include Rugby, Women's Volleyball, MMA...i also love Sumo, though they rarely show it here, i was fascinated by it while travelling in Asia.....Currently the Heat are tired, and losing to several bad teams...82 games must be a bitch.....Boxing occasionally, love Manny Pacqiuio......Mostly creeps in boxing, though....Watched the pig, Don King once hitting on a poor little checkout girl, at a Grocery store in Delray Beach.....uber creepy....Saw Mike Tyson at the Miami airport, years ago....all the women were squeeling.....and he had'nt even touched any....lol...sorry.....I can't see anyone viable as a candidate for the GOP.....Great to see that the Senate investigation of Benghazi stated that Chris Steven's turned down offers of additional security....twice.....Guess no one's gonna apologize to Susan Rice, though.....

Buffalo, NY

#526 Jan 16, 2014
Add Jax'ville..there are more teams looking than there are first round QB's so some one will trade up..and some one will stretch to reach a third rounder in the first...All this and it's a very good QB year
Boxing is a mess..part of the blame lies in the fact that there can be 3 or 4 champions of the world due to all those alphabet organizations running the show resisting a unified structure...I stop caring when i couldn't keep tract of who was champ. But I still ike a nice livley bout..MSG used to have this guy named Irsh John Duddy...The kid is entertaining, prone to bleeding, too bad...
I agree with you on the GOP if you were taking bets there is a very strong chance of the GOP nominating an Unelectable candidate...This is breaking the hearts of a lot of Buisness GOP...they are astonished to find out that they can be bitten by their own dog

Location hidden

#527 Jan 16, 2014
Saw a mock draft, that had Johnny Football going to Cleveland....if that happens, he is finished......Cleveland/Jax are the worst run teams in the NFL.....They have you guys getting a Tackle....Miami also...Seem's like they might lure Martin back, since shithead is gone now.....Martin was a 2nd round pick.....You're right about the Corporate Powers...but, it serves them right, especially watching the Congressional harm, that the republicans have done.....Another facet, how they gonna ditch the teaparty?.....Seem's like you would like bigtime Rugby, if you ever saw it...a brutal sport, and no pads.....New Zealand has a pro team called the Blacks....mostly huge Samoan looking dudes...scary...lol.....Also Sumo...it's like Asian offensive lineman slamming into eachother, in their underwears...lol...

Buffalo, NY

#528 Jan 16, 2014
Rugby has some appeal...I could see me playing that sport..If you haven't seen Invictus...I give it a strong recomendation....The New Zealand team was featured in the film...I see Oakalnd as the place for Johnny Football. Matthews from A&M and the kid from Michigan are the two tackles...We probably would go defense with that first pick...Bills need an Outside and an inside LB...A CB are the needs on that side of the ball...If the Bills go offense a WR and a TE are bigger needs than tackle..If Martin has his head in the game the fins may also look elsewhere...my impression is the fins could use line help on both sides of the ball.
The only down side of the GOP's self destruction is that it is dragging the rest of us down with it...
They will have as much difficulty putting the tea party genie back in its bottle as the Democrat had in escaping the death grip the left activist used to have on it

Location hidden

#529 Jan 17, 2014
Dolphins drafted a DE in the 1st round last year, he hardly played....one reason Ireland, the GM is history.....Bills have one linebacker that is brilliant...a notch below Luke Keachly of Carolina...Tyler Lewan is the tackle from Michigan...he will likely go early....I would love to see Manzeil with the Raiders...lol....You're right about the republican self-destruction...it is also a threat to the two party system, which could be catastrophic....as i don't agree with some of the dem's ideas either....I will have to see Invictus...at least for the rugby...i just get tired of Hollywood's social engineering about blacks.....never a movie about reality....like the two black teens that shot and killed the one year old white boy, in his stroller.....I want to see 12 Years A Slave, as i think that actor is really talented, but i am sure it is just another example of Hollywood's agenda on history....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Marne Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Local News Women (Apr '09) 1 hr Casual Observer 2,500
News Woman hit while crossing 28th Street ID'ed 12 hr Peewee 18
News Opinion: Michigan's Historic Districts Act isn'... 21 hr Who 1
A Preacher Said ... THAT? Fri Batch 37 Pain Is ... 6
News Rosalynn Bliss Fri TheKaisho 23
Poor Donald Fri Batch 37 Pain Is ... 70
My Mistake as a Voter Fri Batch 37 Pain Is ... 8
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Marne Mortgages