College football roundup: Ohio State starts the chase for No. 1 vs. Buffalo

Full story: Detroit Free Press

Matchup: Eastern Michigan vs. Howard . Kickoff: 6 p.m., Rynearson Stadium, Ypsilanti.

Comments (Page 14)

Showing posts 261 - 280 of1,213
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“Moderately yours....”

Since: Aug 12

Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2013

My brother smoked marlboro, I did filtered Camel...Menthol never appealed..when the price tag got too steep per pack I started going to visit the indians to buy them tax free.
My wife is Mrs. shopping...clips coupons has it all planned out...I do most of the cooking around here...The wife still works. I like cooking and am fairly good...however Thanksgiving is too much work..
Alabama v. Auburn is the 30th this week the Tide has bravely scheduled Chattoonga,
Some of the talk is that Ed Ogeron is a four star coach annd USC is a five star school...and that he failed at a three star school in Ole Miss....Pat haden gets to pick his man at least he is giving the guy a look...And the fact he rallied the kids should count for something

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2013

I think that Ogeron should get the job...he seems more sincere than most and i don't think Jack Del Rio really want's to leave the Bronco's, especially with a possible chance that Fox might hang it up, after this season.....i really like Del Rio...watched him play and thought he did as good a job in Jax, as good as you can with the small market, limited payroll team.....NBC must have some pull, eh? Broncos is at Pats, Sunday night again....that matchup is a ratings goldmine......i was watching Penguins at Caps on NBC Sports, just now and thinking....wish NHL had better TV contracts.....Oh well....Modern Family at 9....lol....

“Moderately yours....”

Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2013

NHL does have spotty coverage once you go south a bit...Here is pretty darn good Sabers, Rangers, Devils and hockey night in Canada. NHL network, NBC networks...and an app on the I pad.
I will watch almost any sport even soccer.
Broncos v Pats obviously the game of the week
I remember the NFL network doing a series on NFL training camps and they stayed with Del Rio's Jags...I had a favorable impression of the guy
Toledo v. N. Illinions just ended Northern Illinois won basically because Jordan Lynch said so...He is like watching Tebow..there were a few time he took on linbackers...
USC may try to poach an established head coach Gary Patterson maybe eager to jump ship at TCU A guy like Mike Gundy from Oklahoma State might see that job as a place he can win a championship...How about Urban Meyer the neurtic never rest easy...lol

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2013

Urban Meyer will never lease OSU, as he is from Ohio and dirty advantage is already in their environment....Besides, i believe part of their deal is the desire for a USC guy, alot of programs have been handicapped, by that plan....lol....I'm getting quessy about Brady Hoke, but that's just me....lol....A-Rod is such a creep, eh? I hope they can throw the book at him....corruption is easy to him, and that is something, many people don't know about many cuban americans....In travel and study, you find that every Spanish Colony is Catholic and also overpopulated, poor and corrupt as hell.....We lived in Miami Springs and Hialeah when i was an infant....now, since the influx after the revolution, those are among the most corrupt local governments in America....Sorry, i am off course...lol...

“Moderately yours....”

Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2013

we both drift off the topic from time to time...but WTF there are only two of us here....Our local politics is wierd...In the city there are like 6 Republicans..lol...so there is constant Democratic infighting...The white faction had put in a seriers of grossly incompetent hacks...Now we have a black mayor Byron Brown who comes off like the Eddie Murphy charachter in 'trading places' very competent but not quite playing it square..The opposition plays that against him, this Nov. the GOP found a Hispanic to run against him...ugly race politics on a diffrent level...Brown won, ugly but big....
A-Rod is A rod....lol...Selig is not out to destroy you A-Rod...Your doing too good a job for him to feel he has too...A-Rods whining reminded me of our 'friends' on those other pages whining about MSM.... it's lame to blame, and it's a lame blame...
Hoke seems like he is competent but un-like Del Rio i never warmed to Hoke.
Haden would prefer a USC guy but the only guy who i could name who has been good for that program is Carrol...If i were Haden ...I would stongly consider Gundy.
I was reluctant to mention Winston....I still don't know what to think..just makes me sick

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2013

I can sympathize with you on local government....i left Park Forest, Illinois, the day after graduating highschool...it was a highly rated, S.Chicago suburb, and safe beyond reproach.....over the years i have been almost always down here in Fl.....Evidently, social engineering began in the fed's stopping building public housing, and instead used Section 8 assistance to release the very bottom of the ghetto poor onto the entire suburbs.....as you can guess...crime rose almost at once....home prices dropped and in essense, the taxpayer's paid for the crashing of their individual American dream.........Worst social result was, not only did the suburbs become crime-ridded, but that same innercity area, is deadlier than ever before........Unless is see otherwise in the games....Texas A&M - LSU at 3:30, looks like the winner.....anything really good, that i am missing?

“Moderately yours....”

Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2013

With a fair part of childhood spent in a public housing project I learned where and when to co-exist and when you MUST to go at it...both are essential survival skills. When I meet with folk that haven't been 'hardened' I can see where they are victims in waiting. An essential survival skill wasn't learned. My sister is a born again who moved out to the middle of no-where and home schooled. Her eldest son got a job moved to the city and was more or less instantly robbed...
We still live in the city in a modest middle class area that is shrinking. If my back was up to it I could walk to were I used to live...Living is cheap ...house is modified to account for my sons physical limitations, and paid for years ago ...I reckon that some day this enclave will erode and become unlivable...however as stupid as it sounds ..I love Buffalo...Damn it.....
Back to important shit...
BYU v. Notre Damn may be a good game
Ole Miss v. Missouri
Arizona St. v. Ucla
Oklahoma st v. Baylor game of the week

You won last week picking the dog and best game of the NFL week. So I get to pick first I'll have it posted Saturday

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2013

I'd likely watch BYU, just to see that Linebacker Van Note?....anyway i think he is a big deal....Sorry, but Ole Miss-Missouri hits my gag reflex....lol....All the biggies are playing stiffs this weekend.....I wanna see the upcoming USC-UCLA game...whenever that is....Did you have any thoughts on A-Rod?......FLASH: Howie Long got off this weekend, cause his son's are playing eachother...Bears-Rams...How cool is that?.....

“Moderately yours....”

Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2013

Brothers playing against each other is cool Howie is going to love this. One of my favorites was Wayne And Keith Primeau (sp?) Keith was a top power forward with the Flyers and Wayne was a rookie with the Sabers Mom and Dad attended the first game v. each other. There was a brawl and who ended up pairing off...Keith and Wayne. They threw 'em pretty good. The camera showed a shot of Mom and Dad ...mom was horrified and refused to watch...Dad had a huge grin...
A-Rod is a first class putz...you got caught shut the f*ck up...I hold the same point of view for a whole era of baseball..Sosa, Clemens , McGuire...How about this... back in the 1980's the Bills had a Center Will Grant who played at 250, there were maybe 30 guys over 300 in the whole league. adding 60 lbs per man in 25 years....can you say steroids?
The last regular season Ncaa games is Army v Navy on 12\14 The last games for teams in conferences is 11/30 at least that what Phil Steele's mag says.
Got to struggle to withhold judgment in the case of Winston...Who knows what the truth is from where we sit.....But if you had a Heisman vote would you give it to him?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2013

Don't know if you have seen him, but Kyle Long, the guard for the Bears...is a roadgrader....huge, and just throws guys around....Chicago took some heat, when they drafted him, but he has been fantastic....Chris Long, a DE, is a bit smaller.....i heard Howie say, it was the toughest on their mom......i had too many chores today, sometimes i lose sight of my limits....lol....Tomarrow should be cool, she gets so excited over shopping for Thanksgiving grocerys...lol...I haven't gambled in years, but Indy at Phoenix is a tough call....I think Raiders-Bears is still a battle of backup Qb's.....Don't know what to think about the Winston deal....Seem's like a kid like that, would be turning away pussy.....which makes me think, it might be a weak case to go forward with.....hope it is nothing, though it might kill his Heismann chances, anyway.....

“Moderately yours....”

Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 23, 2013

My NFL picks this week ...Best game is St.Louis and the Bears an even game as you had said...they dog Jax'ville @Houston..3 wins between them and still a 10 point spread. When I was employable as a machist we used to have pools for almost any thing. To pass time we used to make book on how long some guy would take in the crapper. Since leaving that world I haven't placed a bet. Unless you consider stocks gambling, and it is to an extent.
Being a close follower of NCAA ball I was aware of the Longs Chris is the more athletically gifted...
So I was carping about steriods blowing up Ball players.. Karras, Jerrry Kramer, Ron Mix and Jim Otto all played under 250. Looking in this mornings paper there is a write up on a local H.S. team going to Syracuse to play for the state championship...Bot Offensive Tackles 300+.....
I said I would have a hard time voting for him for the Heisman and even after the lawyers do their thing Jameis will be playing pro ball and we never will be 100% sure what happened, like Roethlesburger a few years back...He could have been set up....He could be Mike Tyson too...I don't know...If I were young single in that position I would never waste time with a reluctant girl...but...i may have been sloppy enough to expose myself to this kind of a thing...we will never be 100% sure

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 23, 2013

Several friends and i started playing poker, at like 11-12....by the time we were 16, myself and another were known as sharks....unfortunately, that can also put a target on you.... so at 17, i retired from taking money from badder guys than me.....lol.....sometimes Obamacare starts early...lol....You are right about Jaguars-Texans, that's a stinker.....Redzone will show some from Rams-Bears, but i hope that NFL channel might replay it during the week.....Chris may be smaller and quicker, but if you haven't seen Kyle, he is a monster.....Best game for me is still Broncos at Patriots...but they are saying it will be single digit degrees...it's been like a half century since i ever sat in that for anything.....Florida eventually makes you wimpier in cold, but i can work outside in the mid 90's......I am a Indy Racing fan...and i am bummed about Dario Franchitti having to retire, after his massive injuries from a crash...including a broken back....Worst part is, i would bet he was contemplating retirement anyway....i guess it is okay, since he has won 2 or 3 Indy 500's.....Used to be a Cart fan, but they kinda merged.....

“Moderately yours....”

Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 23, 2013

I seen about Franchitti and a guy we ate lunch with yeseterday talked about him.I just nodded my head a bunch ...Auto racing is not a strong suit. I used to enjoy teasing a couple NASCAR guys at work...driving home is not a sport .or let's go get some beers and go the the shoulder of the I 290...Ah... you wish you were inbred...but...I was always in the Nascar pool they ran. I never gambled with anyone i couldn't either take or out run...or both...just friendly stuff...because there is always some one badder than you, I learned that the first time i tried to go up in weight class with no ref or team mates ...
Kyle is a monster I remeber him from Oregon having some doubt about push blocking.
Oregon is not exactally known for pounding the middle of the line ...Chris was Virginia , I pretty sure and I remember him being considered to be a top end comming out.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 23, 2013

Dolphins drafted Jake Long #1 at tackle and i recall that Chris Long was the #2 overall pick....not sure either has played up to their price.....Watched Mich-Iowa till halftime, Wolverines leading 21-7....i fall asleep, to wake up and the games over...Iowa 24 Michigan 21.....Hope they don't freak on Coach Hoke......Johnny Football is getting killed, so i'm here....lol....

“Moderately yours....”

Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 23, 2013

I surfed a lot in the afternoon Arkansas v. Mississppi State mainly...Oregon lost...Oklahoma State is giving Baylor problems...Did UCLA come back ASU was ahead...How about Georgia Southern beating Florida Do you think that Michigan State can beat Ohio State?...
Witth Oklahoma State winning it would wipe out another cotender....
Florida State squeaked by Idaho...
The Bills have that weird Toronto 'home' game comming up... The purpose is obvious ...court Canadian fans and their Cash.... Even if the Canadians money has the Queens likeness...It is all good...The economics are clear....There is more wealth on that side of the Niagara River...We are like Juarez and Niagara Falls is Nogales...lol

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 24, 2013

I was hoping that UCLA would win, just to buildup USC-UCLA, next week...Oh Well....Yeah, i wonder if Muschamp is on his way out at Florida....that loss in inexcusable for their supporters.....I think OSU can beat Michigan State, but i don't want them to get close to the National Championship....not with that schedule....and that they are scum...lol...Winston should still be the Heisman leader....i want FSU-Alabama.....Glad Manny Pacqiao won last night, they should have that fight on HBO or Showtine, next weekend....I want him to retire, before he really get's hurt....Mayweather was a pussy, for passing on their fight.....sorry...lol...Seem's like, Boxing is going through a slow death....

“Moderately yours....”

Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 24, 2013

Boxing is dying unfortunately...I think the event when the slope turned down for the sport is when there was no longer a 'Worlds Champion'..WBC or WBA or once you had three guys with belts...the public started to turn away. made it all sound like pro-wrasslin'...The sport is and has been grossly mis managed...i havent kept my self up I used to look for some guys..Ever hear of John Duddy Irish MSG has had a few of his fights...Kid can take it and dish it..throws a ton of punches...bit of a bleeder..
Hoke could be in a win or else situation next year...You have to assume that they will finish 7-5...A bowl loss could finish him...Muschamp is in that trouble now...Georgis Southern has been a FCS power for years..They threw 3 passes..Aired it out...his teams are so inept offensively...FSU still has the inside track it's down to either them or OSU v. Alabama...If the Tide loses you could have FSU v. OSU
what are your picks for best and worst game today

I have worst J'Ville @ Houston
best St.louis @ Chicago
You lead 2-0

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 24, 2013

You're right about boxing's demise...last straw for me was the fight Manny lost, that there was such an uproar....i watched it twice, and it was'nt even close....it went againest everything they said when Ali was champ.....that you really have to beat the Champion, but not in that fight....sometimes the judges should just lose their credentials.....i will watch today, and especially tonight.....but, i may need to watch something cultural soon...lol....just to avoid an overdose.....BTW, Titans at Raiders could be a snooze.....and Colts at Cardinals might be a winner.....Though, i think Carson Palmer is stealing money.....lol.....Chance to see Honey Badger.....

“Moderately yours....”

Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 24, 2013

Carson Palmer ...Matt Leinart...Rob Johnson....Matt Cassels ...is every underachiever QB an ex Trojan?
I wonder if there isn't a better way to score a fight...There are a lot of decisions that make no sense...I wish I could come up with one.
The problems with match making and promoting the sport are also big problems... but nothing hurts it more than a surreal verdict. I don't think you can clean it up with out there being a single governing entity that way if you are a piece of crap as a scorer your done ..if your crooked as a promoter or match maker...and it would be harder to duck fights..
Missed most of the early game Geno Smith looks really rough...from the little i have seen...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 25, 2013

Carson evidently still has some in the tank....i was in error.....That theory about USC Qb's is only good, until it isn't....as i recall Sean Salisbury had some fine seasons with the Vikings.....Look's like Geno Smith's sophomore slump, started during this, his rookie season.....Missed the end of Broncos-Pats, but just knew the Pats were coming back....as a fan, i could never survive, being at a game like that.....Bear's let me down...Raiders and Michigan as well....Wonder what is up with Johnny Football, he looked brutal Saturday?....

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 261 - 280 of1,213
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••

Marne Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Marne People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••