Looking 4 a good Pediatrician

Posted in the Marmet Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Need2know

Charleston, WV

#1 Jun 14, 2012
Looking for a Pediatrician in or around Charleston who accepts a medical card and has a good bedside manner. I really would like to find someone who doesn't treat my child like a number. Preferably American. I'm not racist, I just can't understand doctors who have a thick accent.

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#2 Jun 14, 2012
Need2know wrote:
Looking for a Pediatrician in or around Charleston who accepts a medical card and has a good bedside manner. I really would like to find someone who doesn't treat my child like a number. Preferably American. I'm not racist, I just can't understand doctors who have a thick accent.
Dr. Childers in the Thomas medical pavillian is absolutely wonderful! IDK about the medical tho.
karen

Charleston, WV

#3 Jun 14, 2012
go to mountain state medical they are located in northgate buisness park on greenbrier street they have 4 doctors to pick from i see dr. bailey .our children see drs. elizabeth young and sometimes we will see dr. kelli dunn either way all are great and you will be treated with much respect thier office manager andrea will give you the utmost respect and care for every need you may have. my husband works long hours and they have late evening times to see people that need late hour appointments on mon. and wed you will not be dissapointed you went their.
1 post removed
dr

Charleston, WV

#5 Jun 14, 2012
Goliath
1 post removed
i have no name

Ardsley, NY

#7 Jun 14, 2012
Need2know wrote:
Kid Care West. Dr. Parsons is awesome. It's jus off the cross lanes exit.

Since: Nov 10

Powellton WV

#8 Jun 14, 2012
Dr. Aklin 1st floor of Montgomery Gen.
1 post removed

Since: May 12

United States

#10 Jun 14, 2012
My kids see Dr. Divita and she is absolutely amazing! She makes kids and parents very comfortable.
aint

Lewisburg, WV

#11 Jun 14, 2012
there aint none
Mom

Charleston, WV

#12 Jun 15, 2012
Dont go to Joe Matusic. He is a cocky idiot!!!!!
i have no name

Ardsley, NY

#13 Jun 15, 2012
Mom wrote:
Dont go to Joe Matusic. He is a cocky idiot!!!!!
I've heard that about him.

Since: Oct 11

Location hidden

#14 Jun 16, 2012
i have no name wrote:
<quoted text>Kid Care West. Dr. Parsons is awesome. It's jus off the cross lanes exit.
Both Kid Cares are excellent......Dr.Robin Darnell and Dr.Parsons worked together.....TheyAre Phenomenal....they DO take medical cards. Good Luck......
Mom of 2

Charleston, WV

#15 Jun 17, 2012
South Charleston Pediatrics. Currently at Thomas, but moving to Charleston by the South Side Bridge. Both Dr. Jones' and Dr. Winnings are great.
go here

Charleston, WV

#16 Jun 17, 2012
It's very difficult to find a doc anywhere that accepts Medicaid cause it's very hard to refer them for a prob outside of peds, I kno cause I work for 2 internal med diva but I take my son up to dr butler who is in practice with dr Childers at the medical pavilion in Thomas he us great
blessed

Saint Albans, WV

#17 Jun 17, 2012
Need2know wrote:
We just recently switched to Dr. Darnell at Kid Care Peds. She is great, staff is great office is nice. My youngest son does have a medical card but we also have additional insurance. They took the medical card with no issue at all. Highly recommend. My youngest has a heart condition and she was very knowledgeable and he took right to her.
reason

Saint Albans, WV

#18 Jun 17, 2012
I'm surprised anybody had a good experience with Divita or Matusic at ABC pediatrics because of how you're treated by the office staff before you ever get in to a doctor.
fed up

Westland, MI

#19 Jul 3, 2012
reason wrote:
I'm surprised anybody had a good experience with Divita or Matusic at ABC pediatrics because of how you're treated by the office staff before you ever get in to a doctor.
ABC is a joke! They have the worst & rudest staff around. I wouldn't take a stray animal their horrible drs they always cancel & reschedule your appointments and make you wait for hours don't go there
whatever

Charleston, WV

#20 Jul 8, 2012
If you have a medical card you should be grateful of any doctor you can get for free. If you dont' like it get a job and pay for insurance like the rest of us, and then choose who you want to go to.
Sotrue

Charleston, WV

#21 Jul 8, 2012
i have no name wrote:
<quoted text>
Kid Care West. Dr. Parsons is awesome. It's jus off the cross lanes exit.
. I second that I just love her she has been great to all 3 of my boys she is awesome and cares about each child have been with her since 2003 . Give the office a call.
I know

Ardsley, NY

#22 Jul 9, 2012
Sam Skaff, Skaff pediatrics. Best in the business hands down.
blessed

Huntington, WV

#23 Jul 9, 2012
whatever wrote:
If you have a medical card you should be grateful of any doctor you can get for free. If you dont' like it get a job and pay for insurance like the rest of us, and then choose who you want to go to.
Just so you know I have insurance through my husbands job. However, our youngest child was born with severe heart defect and we were advised by his doctors that we should apply for a medical card for him also because we didn't know exactly what all he would be facing as far as medical bills go. So maybe you should think before you automatically assume that people on a medical card don't work. Things aren't always black or white. His medical card is his secondary insurance.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Marmet Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Why aren't the police doing anything? 34 min WATCHDOG 6
wsaz news----extraordinary; exemplary job 58 min WATCHDOG 5
Trump is for uneducated poor people 1 hr Ester Myscewitvz 37
MARMET Election 2017 11 hr citizen 126
Go mart Fri Buddy 2
Wiggers Thu Bingo 21
Create your own Forum (Jun '15) Thu Matt Kelly 4,219

Marmet Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance