First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Inky

Ozark, AL

#1 Jun 18, 2008
Just curious to know , is Monica from Marmaduke? I know she went to church there. All I know about her is what I heard on KAIT news. What do the people of this town know about her past?
what

Paragould, AR

#2 Jun 20, 2008
i hope she serves the whole 8 years!! she deserves it, i think she is a piece!!
curious

Ozark, AL

#3 Jun 20, 2008
Well, is she from Marmaduke or not?? Does her family live in Marmaduke?
curious

Clarksville, AR

#4 Jun 22, 2008
Boy, you people must think alot of Monica, since nobody wants to tell me anything. Or are you people ashamed to admit that she is from your fair town?? Wasen't she a Sunday school teacher in Marmaduke?? I'm sure she was consoling.
not sure

United States

#5 Jun 23, 2008
I think she lived at paragould but she could have lived here. Yes she was a sunday school teacher here
Get Over It

Warrenton, MO

#6 Aug 4, 2008
I don't think she should serve any time. Thats crazy. You know those boys wanted it. You can't rape or make any teenager have sex with you over and over. If they didn't want it the first time why would they keep coming back? Its just a way for the parents to act like they aren't to blame for their bad parenting just because their son wanted to sleep with an older woman. Maybe she did it to feel better about herself, hell let the woman do it. Its not like she's out killing people. Im sure it wasn't anything like that. People do things at times of depression and certain things in their life. Either you've been there or you'll eventually be there so who are you to judge ANYONE. Doesn't God do that for us? Let people live their lives the way they want and let God judge us when we die. It isn't your place to get on here and talk bad about anyone. No ONE is perfect and the sooner EVERYONE realizes that then the world will be better off. No wonder its going to hell....
Cant get over it

Little Rock, AR

#7 Aug 4, 2008
It doesn't matter if those boys BEGGED for it. The fact is, that the woman was over 18 and the boys were under 18. That fact ALONE is enough for her to serve time. No other facts matter. If someone wants to feel "better about themselves" go get a make over...go to a shrink...whatever! The answer should never be have sex with children. Judgement has nothing to do with opinions of people. I can assure you if it was your child it would not bother you a bit to judge...or share your opinion. Or if this was an adult man with a minor female, people would be outraged. How anyone can feel she did nothing wrong blows my mind. It's sick!
Susanne Agee

Kennett, MO

#8 Aug 4, 2008
Cant get over it wrote:
It doesn't matter if those boys BEGGED for it. The fact is, that the woman was over 18 and the boys were under 18. That fact ALONE is enough for her to serve time. No other facts matter. If someone wants to feel "better about themselves" go get a make over...go to a shrink...whatever! The answer should never be have sex with children. Judgement has nothing to do with opinions of people. I can assure you if it was your child it would not bother you a bit to judge...or share your opinion. Or if this was an adult man with a minor female, people would be outraged. How anyone can feel she did nothing wrong blows my mind. It's sick!
I agree with you. She needs help. It is not normal for a 25 year old to want to have sex with a 15 and 17 year old. You are correct on the double standard of if she was a male, it would be a different story. I know for a fact that prison is not agreeing with her. She calls home for 5 minutes every day and cries to her mom. I can't wait to kick her ass when she gets out, she has hurt my family.....and many more
Guest

Grayville, IL

#9 Aug 6, 2008
Get Over It wrote:
I don't think she should serve any time. Thats crazy. You know those boys wanted it. You can't rape or make any teenager have sex with you over and over. If they didn't want it the first time why would they keep coming back? Its just a way for the parents to act like they aren't to blame for their bad parenting just because their son wanted to sleep with an older woman. Maybe she did it to feel better about herself, hell let the woman do it. Its not like she's out killing people. Im sure it wasn't anything like that. People do things at times of depression and certain things in their life. Either you've been there or you'll eventually be there so who are you to judge ANYONE. Doesn't God do that for us? Let people live their lives the way they want and let God judge us when we die. It isn't your place to get on here and talk bad about anyone. No ONE is perfect and the sooner EVERYONE realizes that then the world will be better off. No wonder its going to hell....
Well yes, everyone does make mistakes be it from a state of depression or mental problems, but would you say, "Just let her be" if it was your child, or if she had committed murder? Hell no!!!!
Monica is a grown woman and knew what she was doing and was aware that it was wrong. She knew if she was caught she would pay the ultimate.
People have to stand up to their mistakes and try to rectify what they have done.
That's why we have so many of our people in prison now, because they are so stupid that they actually think they can get by with anything. We have laws in this country that help to keep our society good.
I say, throw the book at her and the boys.
my two cents

Kennett, MO

#10 Aug 6, 2008
Just wanted to report this newsflash on Monica: She had to get all of her hair shaved off because of lice. You reap what you sow mrs. monica
spectator

Barnesville, OH

#11 Aug 9, 2008
theres nothing wrong with monica at all, both boys are close to the age of 18, I go to school with both of them. she should have never been charged with anything. its sickening to see what our "justice" system has done to the lives of those three, i agree its fucked up what happend, but if all partys agree to sex then wtf difference does it make. tend to yourself, stay out of other peoples affairs.

btw her husband was cheating on her many months before any of this happend. the husband verbaly abused her many times on many occasions.
george

United States

#12 Aug 9, 2008
well at least the husband had the sense to pick someone over 18. if monica had done that she wouldnt be in trouble either.im glad she got caught,what she done was wrong.and didnt the family get her a longer sentence by trying to bribe the prosecuter?i remember reading something where they had sent a letter and it backfired on them
too much

Jacksonville, AR

#13 Aug 15, 2008
About the husband abusing her I don't think you really know them .Her husband was a very nice man, and the abuse was made up to make her look good.First I really hate to see anyone go to prison. I do know Monica personally and all I have to say is that she was authority figure with the kids.She was the singing hand leader at the MFBC and these were kids family trusted her with them. There were a lot more kids emotionally involved that has made a very bad situatiaon for all the others that were in the singing hands group. Parents and the church trusted her with the kids (Yes Kids)and she did wrong.If it had been a man people would have really look at it differently. She did wrong and you have to pay just like anyone else. You know what I have to say this even with what she did she really was a good person at the job of teaching the kids the signing of hands with music. They went to several churches and did their songs and skits they were really amazing to watch and I am really going to miss it.
Excuse Me

United States

#14 Aug 16, 2008
spectator wrote:
theres nothing wrong with monica at all, both boys are close to the age of 18, I go to school with both of them. she should have never been charged with anything. its sickening to see what our "justice" system has done to the lives of those three, i agree its fucked up what happend, but if all partys agree to sex then wtf difference does it make. tend to yourself, stay out of other peoples affairs.
btw her husband was cheating on her many months before any of this happend. the husband verbaly abused her many times on many occasions.
I am glad to hear that you are still in school because you need to learn a few things about the real world. First of all the law does not say that it is ok to commit statutory rape if someone is close to 18 and by the way 15 is not that close to 18. If the roles had been reversed and it had been a man who had committed these illegal acts against underage girls he would have been denied bail tried, convicted, and hung without a fair trial. And no I am not a man just someone who is educated enough to know that sexism still exists within our society. To answer your question of why if it is consensual does it matter it matters because it is the law. Having your spouse cheat on you, verbally abuse you, physically abuse you, or do anything else that may make you unhappy does not give you the right to commit a felony. I am truly sorry if Monica had to deal with these situations in her life but two wrongs do not make a right. If you need further help understanding or are still frustrated over the outcome of this situation you should speak with your parents or someone reputable at your school hopefully you can find the guidance you need and will never be personally involved in this type of situation with your children.
One who knows

Cape Girardeau, MO

#15 Aug 18, 2008
To get back to the topic at hand, Monica is from Paragould. She graduated from Tech in 1999 or 2000. Not sure if she was living in Paragould or Marmaduke at the time of the crime.
friend of family

Ocala, FL

#16 Sep 30, 2008
Susanne Agee wrote:
<quoted text>I agree with you. She needs help. It is not normal for a 25 year old to want to have sex with a 15 and 17 year old. You are correct on the double standard of if she was a male, it would be a different story. I know for a fact that prison is not agreeing with her. She calls home for 5 minutes every day and cries to her mom. I can't wait to kick her ass when she gets out, she has hurt my family.....and many more
Kick her ass when she gets out of prison? Know for a fact she cries home to mom everyday? Wow, I don't know where you get your info, and do you have nothing better to do than talk about her?
I happen to know her family well. There are two sides to every story and her family is hurting more than your family ever thought about!
I suppose no one has anything better to do in that small town than gossip. Sounds to me that you all need to get a life. You never know what can happen in your lives one day with your children or family members.
I feel sorry for the family of Monica. They are good people and no one deserves the hell they have ALL been through. I know the family member I know is very hurt and disappointed in the people talking so badly about her and it has impacted their lives and the lives of their children.
God is the only person who should judge. I think you all should think before you say terrible things, because they are alot of family and friends who have suffered enough, and don't need to hear anymore hurtful comments and find something to do in the small little town in Arkansas!
Susanne Duke Agee

Dexter, MO

#17 Oct 1, 2008
friend of family wrote:
<quoted text>
Kick her ass when she gets out of prison? Know for a fact she cries home to mom everyday? Wow, I don't know where you get your info, and do you have nothing better to do than talk about her?
I happen to know her family well. There are two sides to every story and her family is hurting more than your family ever thought about!
I suppose no one has anything better to do in that small town than gossip. Sounds to me that you all need to get a life. You never know what can happen in your lives one day with your children or family members.
I feel sorry for the family of Monica. They are good people and no one deserves the hell they have ALL been through. I know the family member I know is very hurt and disappointed in the people talking so badly about her and it has impacted their lives and the lives of their children.
God is the only person who should judge. I think you all should think before you say terrible things, because they are alot of family and friends who have suffered enough, and don't need to hear anymore hurtful comments and find something to do in the small little town in Arkansas!
I know who you are, I seen you at the trial but did not speak to you, just waved. I am sure you know me too. My daughter was in that group. Yes the boys were being boys and you can't blame them but she was old enough to know better. I personally went up to her and told her how much I appreciated all that she did for the kids and how much they looked up to her. I always had a gut feeling about the situation but did not act on it. I did question other mothers and church members and everyone said she was a good person. I know that good people are capable of making bad decisions. We all do. It is hard to got thru life without judging anyone. We do it everyday in some shape or form. I admit that I wanted to kick her ass the morning I found out. And when I woke my daughter and her friend with the newspaper in my hand, they were extremely upset. What she did had an impact on all of the kids in the group, in one way or another. I am trying to raise my kids the best that I know how to. What I have learned from this is always go with you gut. Especially when Your children are involved. I don't get on here and gossip but this was a very personal matter to me and I wanted to express my feelings.
friend of kelly and tangy

Ocala, FL

#18 Oct 1, 2008
I do feel for all of the families involved, and for Monica's family. It is just very hard to see someone you car for so dearly go through so much.Living in a bad marriage was not easy. I am not saying that was any kind of excuse for what she did. I do know for a fact that marriage was very abusive. I hope Jeff Cluck gets what is coming to him one day. Because he could have just divorced her. But by dragging her through hell, he also drug my family with her. I have an awesome family. We never know how our children will end up in their lives, we just have to do the best we can and hope for the best. We must also realize that good people make mistakes when going through tough times in a marriage. We all answer for our mistakes.
I realize many of the parents of the youth group are going through major hell. But please remember Monica's are as well. They are great people who got wrapped up in this along with many more.
I think we need to pray for all familys involved and for Monica.
May God comfort yoy all
gonefishin

Walls, MS

#19 Oct 1, 2008
She will be released in the summer of 2010
Unknown

Paragould, AR

#21 Jan 23, 2009
Until your on the "other side" of this type situation you have no idea how this affects you & your family! TRUST ME, Monica knew exactly what she was doing!!! I totally agree about the "Gut Feelings" because if I had went with my gut feelings this would have never went as far as it did, only thing is she would have not gotten in any trouble. God works in mysterious ways. I do agree that she was a good Singing Hands teacher and the kids did love her that's why so many were hurt over this.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Marmaduke Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Change one letter in the word ! (Nov '09) 46 min luci 10,918
Keep A Word - Drop A Word (Dec '09) 47 min luci 16,678
Change "1" letter =ONLY= (Feb '13) 49 min luci 1,982
Alphabet Game (Apr '12) 50 min luci 2,195
Last word + 2 (Mar '12) 52 min luci 4,127
best factory to work in 1 hr Uncle sam 15
Tennaco/Monroe 5 hr Wife 1
More from around the web

Marmaduke People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]