Native

White Sulphur Springs, WV

#1 Nov 18, 2012
Is Pocahontas really as bad as I am lead to believe.

I left Poca. years ago for work and had planned on returning to live someday. but I just don't know any more.

If the things are as bad as I am lead to believe it breaks my heart! I really loved it when I grew up there.
anonymous

Marlinton, WV

#2 Nov 18, 2012
Native wrote:
Is Pocahontas really as bad as I am lead to believe.
I left Poca. years ago for work and had planned on returning to live someday. but I just don't know any more.
If the things are as bad as I am lead to believe it breaks my heart! I really loved it when I grew up there.
If you are naive enough to think that Norman Alderman's picture of Pocahontas County is the real Pocahontas County, then you wouldn't be of any real benefit here. Just stay where you are.
live here

Marlinton, WV

#3 Nov 18, 2012
there is a little bit of truth to everything but take it all with a grain of salt. we need facts not rumors but many things are definatly true.
Native

#4 Nov 18, 2012
anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
If you are naive enough to think that Norman Alderman's picture of Pocahontas County is the real Pocahontas County, then you wouldn't be of any real benefit here. Just stay where you are.
You give me the impression that things have changed the attitude you have is not what I remember. If your attitude is the standard I will take you advice and stay where I am. thanks for the update.
anonymous

Marlinton, WV

#5 Nov 18, 2012
Native wrote:
<quoted text>
You give me the impression that things have changed the attitude you have is not what I remember. If your attitude is the standard I will take you advice and stay where I am. thanks for the update.
Anytime.
diamond

United States

#6 Nov 18, 2012
Native wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't let a few sour grapes dull your memory or thoughts of home. Remember it is what you make of it, life in Pocahontas county that is. Live and not worry about what everyone else is doing or getting and life is great. Sit around and watch posts and blogs to see who is getting ahead or down pointing out facts or fiction and your brain will melt down. You will become one of them. Yes like a pack of coyotes with sore teeth and a bad case of jeolousy. It is a great place to live. Just some people, few that there are that have a shitty disposition.
Native

#7 Nov 19, 2012
diamond wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't let a few sour grapes dull your memory or thoughts of home. Remember it is what you make of it, life in Pocahontas county that is. Live and not worry about what everyone else is doing or getting and life is great. Sit around and watch posts and blogs to see who is getting ahead or down pointing out facts or fiction and your brain will melt down. You will become one of them. Yes like a pack of coyotes with sore teeth and a bad case of jeolousy. It is a great place to live. Just some people, few that there are that have a shitty disposition.
Thanks diamond! you are the kind of people I remember.
anon

Marlinton, WV

#8 Nov 19, 2012
come on back and hang your hat, to avoid idiots stay off the commentator and away from the dirt bean in the am.
common sense

Marlinton, WV

#9 Nov 20, 2012
I'm a native of Pocahontas County and have lived here all my life. I've received my masters degree here, worked here (could have gone elsewhere, staying here was my choice), raised my children here, enjoying my grandchildren here, and will spend my retirement in these beauyiful mountains.
I would have it no other way.

Norman has used half-truths, out right lies, and bitterness at being held accountable for his actions to try to slant everything so that it looks like he is the poor victim. That is not the case. Are they investigating Totten? Yes and the court systems will determine his fate.

Are the other deputies crooked? No, they just gave valid tickets to Norman and some of his croonies, Norman blew them all up in a conspiracy theory; speed you might get caught. Run a stop sign and you might get a ticket.

There are still neighbors that arrive at you door immediately if help is needed. A slow pace where time with family is precious and beautiful mountains that give peace each time you look at them and thank God for his blessings.

Come home; we aren't perfect and things have changed some, as has everywhere. But for the natives that still live here, we are still mountain people.
CrazyDazy

Hillsboro, WV

#10 Dec 5, 2012
common sense wrote:
I'm a native of Pocahontas County and have lived here all my life. I've received my masters degree here, worked here (could have gone elsewhere, staying here was my choice), raised my children here, enjoying my grandchildren here, and will spend my retirement in these beauyiful mountains.
Norman has used half-truths, out right lies, and bitterness at being held accountable for his actions to try to slant everything so that it looks like he is the poor victim. That is not the case. Are they investigating Totten? Yes and the court systems will determine his fate.
Are the other deputies crooked? No, they just gave valid tickets to Norman and some of his croonies, Norman blew them all up in a conspiracy theory; speed you might get caught. Run a stop sign and you might get a ticket.
There are still neighbors that arrive at you door immediately if help is needed. A slow pace where time with family is precious and beautiful mountains that give peace each time you look at them and thank God for his blessings.
Come home; we aren't perfect and things have changed some, as has everywhere. But for the natives that still live here, we are still mountain people.
You are being quite naive, Alderman fought the ticket and it was legitimately dismissed because the officer failed to appear. Then the guy was arrested for the same occurrence. That is illegal.
5706thetruth

Marlinton, WV

#11 Dec 5, 2012
common sense wrote:
This guy was born with $$$. The exception, NOT the rule. Also, neighbor don't stop by your door to help. They crawl through the windows in broad daylight. I would think again about your return.
anon

Hillsboro, WV

#12 Dec 5, 2012
judy sure does enjoy talking to herself
by the book

Marlinton, WV

#13 Dec 5, 2012
anon wrote:
You sure do give out shit. How do you like having your 'crappola' removed? Look again, blind boy.
parrish st

Marlinton, WV

#14 Dec 5, 2012
The guy is in love with crazy judy. Why don't you ask her out?
I bet too

Marlinton, WV

#15 Dec 6, 2012
anon wrote:
Yeah, ask her out. I bet you two would like each other. She already like you...
by the book

Marlinton, WV

#16 Dec 6, 2012
That irritable schmuck is already married. Why do you think he's so damn nasty? The old lady has enough problems.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Marlinton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
webster werewolf (Apr '14) Fri Williams283 36
Create your own Forum (Jun '15) Fri ScaryClown 4,472
Kim rader (Oct '14) Apr 19 person 25
Where did Huck go? Apr 19 person 2
Food Apr 19 Well cooked food 1
Rental or purchasing Apr 18 Interested 1
News Nicholas County mediation team calls for 2 new ... Apr 18 knows 12

Marlinton Jobs

Personal Finance

Marlinton Mortgages