mayor johnson to resign

Posted in the Marlinton Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
sublime

Craigsville, WV

#1 Mar 12, 2013
rumor is yhat bob johnson is getting the city all screwed up [worse than sheltered workshop] and is preparing to resign. anyone know facts
Preference

Madison, WV

#2 Mar 12, 2013
Bob is a kind, honest and descent man. This city was screwed up long before Bob took office. No one is perfect, but I would rather have 1,000 Bobs than 1 McClung. Just sayin'.
1 post removed
mhm

United States

#4 Mar 16, 2013
here we go with the no matter whos in office, their screwing up...shut your pie hole unless you think you can do a better job, then run yourself instead of running your worthless trap
Peter

Morgantown, WV

#5 Mar 19, 2013
bob Johnson is a great man! He is just not cut out to be a political leader. He doesn't do anything "bad" he just doesn't do anything at all
Funny

Summersville, WV

#6 Mar 19, 2013
He's a good man
darn

Huntington, WV

#7 Mar 20, 2013
if he does, what will ole larry tinney do?
1 post removed
LiteBulb

Huntington, WV

#9 Mar 21, 2013
Maybe, X - Mayor Bob Baber should come back to R - Wood !

He Gave Me Free Windows !

He Was A Lot Better Than Most Mayors In This Town !!!
LiteBulb

Huntington, WV

#10 Mar 21, 2013
darn wrote:
if he does, what will ole larry tinney do?
The OLD Fart Larry ? Put Him Out To Pasture !!!
ttt

Madison, WV

#11 Apr 27, 2013
i think he is overpaid and has way to big of a pension plan
ttt

Madison, WV

#12 Apr 28, 2013
i think our public servants, employees ,cops and every one working for the government need a monthly drug and booze test
Always

Summersville, WV

#13 Apr 28, 2013
Someone always complaining but sure don't give ppl credit that deserves it I hope Bob n Larry stays right where their at town was messed up before they ever took office can't straighten it up over nite Both ate Good Honest men Proud of them
ttt

Madison, WV

#14 Apr 28, 2013
we the people of richwood need to un incorporate. way to many city workers making way to much money and i would like to see the cities finances open and on the table and we need to post a weekly police blotter in the paper, not just what they want us to see. to many fire men. to many police. the taxpayers need to step up and go to the meetings, find out how much they all make at the chamber of commerce ,and what they do with the ramp money we need to find out why the overloaded log trucks are not getting tickets
ttt

Madison, WV

#15 Apr 28, 2013
and also they want more people to have city wtter and they cant even keep up with the 40 or 50 year old pipes they have now.
ttt

Madison, WV

#16 Apr 28, 2013
and some streets in richwood are so bad like ours they just graveled over it. it is smoother than potholed blacktop that is older than i am richwood has always been a boom town. they come ,they rape, they pave the main road and then they leave with the money .
BBB

Morgantown, WV

#17 Apr 28, 2013
ttt wrote:
we the people of richwood need to un incorporate. way to many city workers making way to much money and i would like to see the cities finances open and on the table and we need to post a weekly police blotter in the paper, not just what they want us to see. to many fire men. to many police. the taxpayers need to step up and go to the meetings, find out how much they all make at the chamber of commerce ,and what they do with the ramp money we need to find out why the overloaded log trucks are not getting tickets
Too many firemen you say? Too many police officers? Wake up. We have ZERO certified officers in Richwood INCLUDING the chief. We need more officers but only those whom are certified and not young punks that have no idea what they are doing. I've spoken with that Everett guy on a couple occasions and he his extremely slow. Not to pick, but he should be in another profession that requires less skill. Fast food perhaps. And Shane Daff is just another teenager looking to be a big shot and "arrest" people. Maybe he should start with his poll head brother Bratton Smith... If that is spelled wrong I apologize. Wake up everyone. We have the best fire department in the county. They have the most equipment and manpower and are never hurting for help. THAT is why they have so many members. They are a private organization anyways, so it's not like the city loses money funding them. I believe they get the majority of their money from the county and state and they raise it themselves. Just remember some of these things before you go complaining about the public entities that protect you on a daily basis. Think about it for a change instead of talking bad about them.
Richwooder

Logan, WV

#18 Apr 28, 2013
BBB wrote:
<quoted text>
Too many firemen you say? Too many police officers? Wake up. We have ZERO certified officers in Richwood INCLUDING the chief. We need more officers but only those whom are certified and not young punks that have no idea what they are doing. I've spoken with that Everett guy on a couple occasions and he his extremely slow. Not to pick, but he should be in another profession that requires less skill. Fast food perhaps. And Shane Daff is just another teenager looking to be a big shot and "arrest" people. Maybe he should start with his poll head brother Bratton Smith... If that is spelled wrong I apologize. Wake up everyone. We have the best fire department in the county. They have the most equipment and manpower and are never hurting for help. THAT is why they have so many members. They are a private organization anyways, so it's not like the city loses money funding them. I believe they get the majority of their money from the county and state and they raise it themselves. Just remember some of these things before you go complaining about the public entities that protect you on a daily basis. Think about it for a change instead of talking bad about them.
Richwood DOES have a certified cop, the question is how much longer are they going to pay him to be on leave? Shane Daff is a fine man looking for a career, he was in the service, he can do the job but Everette has to go to the academy first. It's a shame all the time and pay that Herb Moore got and flunked the academy.

I'm sure the Chamber had to pay for ramps, containers and other things for the ramp feed, why not just go to a Chamber meeting and ask what they do with their money. I would be worried about the money also, especially if John McClung was taking the money for admissions this year instead of Sonya Chapman.

As for the Fire Department, they are a wonderful and skilled group of men, they've proven themselves many times over.
citizen

United States

#19 Apr 29, 2013
Wow! Rather than supporting the ones who watch over each an everyone of us, police dept, fire dept, redi care we as a society have began to bash them an criticize these men an women who in there own way protect an serve us. Its simply no wonder richwood is in shape its in now, we can't even support the ones who give there time to help. We have rights to know what's going on, that's why there are council meetings, city court, chamber, city halls open Mon through Friday. Why can we not rather join together an assist each other, no one forces any of us to live or stay here, so leave of you don't like it otherwise run to bars, go mart, Mt mart continue to live as drunks, druggies or decent folk an quit complaining, go to meetings, offer you time or service an join one these depts, or try calling an reporting a crime, a fire hazard, donate your time to children's activities, helping your neighbor's, Richwood is a beautiful part of our history an can flourish once again, we just have to quit with the finger pointing, blame game an wok together an invest a little time, energy and effort in a positive way rather than all the negative...
Sundog512

Madison, WV

#20 Apr 29, 2013
BBB wrote:
<quoted text>
Too many firemen you say? Too many police officers? Wake up. We have ZERO certified officers in Richwood INCLUDING the chief. We need more officers but only those whom are certified and not young punks that have no idea what they are doing. I've spoken with that Everett guy on a couple occasions and he his extremely slow. Not to pick, but he should be in another profession that requires less skill. Fast food perhaps. And Shane Daff is just another teenager looking to be a big shot and "arrest" people. Maybe he should start with his poll head brother Bratton Smith... If that is spelled wrong I apologize. Wake up everyone. We have the best fire department in the county. They have the most equipment and manpower and are never hurting for help. THAT is why they have so many members. They are a private organization anyways, so it's not if ytou have zero cr like the city loses money funding them. I believe they get the majority of their money from the county and state and they raise it themselves. Just remember some of these things before you go complaining about the public entities that protect you on a daily basis. Think about it for a change instead of talking bad about them.
if you have zero certified cops the what the puck are the doing on the police force it seems the higher ups are the problem they need fired to if not certified
Sundog512

Madison, WV

#21 Apr 29, 2013
BBB wrote:
<quoted text>
Too many firemen you say? Too many police officers? Wake up. We have ZERO certified officers in Richwood INCLUDING the chief. We need more officers but only those whom are certified and not young punks that have no idea what they are doing. I've spoken with that Everett guy on a couple occasions and he his extremely slow. Not to pick, but he should be in another profession that requires less skill. Fast food perhaps. And Shane Daff is just another teenager looking to be a big shot and "arrest" people. Maybe he should start with his poll head brother Bratton Smith... If that is spelled wrong I apologize. Wake up everyone. We have the best fire department in the county. They have the most equipment and manpower and are never hurting for help. THAT is why they have so many members. They are a private organization anyways, so it's not like the city loses money funding them. I believe they get the majority of their money from the county and state and they raise it themselves. Just remember some of these things before you go complaining about the public entities that protect you on a daily basis. Think about it for a change instead of talking bad about They are a private organization anywaysthem.
how many lies can you shills tell in one day, ill find out their expenses and where the money comes from and goes and who gets paid what this lie is been going on to long we the people of richwood will not stand for it any more
Sundog512

Madison, WV

#22 Apr 29, 2013
citizen wrote:
Wow! Rather than supporting the ones who watch over each an everyone of us, police dept, fire dept, redi care we as a society have began to bash them an criticize these men an women who in there own way protect an serve us. Its simply no wonder richwood is in shape its in now, we can't even support the ones who give there time to help. We have rights to know what's going on, that's why there are council meetings, city court, chamber, city halls open Mon through Friday. Why can we not rather join together an assist each other, no one forces any of us to live or stay here, so leave of you don't like it otherwise run to bars, go mart, Mt mart continue to live as drunks, druggies or decent folk an quit complaining, go to meetings, offer you time or service an join one these depts, or try calling an reporting a crime, a fire hazard, donate your time to children's activities, helping your neighbor's, Richwood is a beautiful part of our history an can flourish once again, we just have to quit with the finger pointing, blame game an wok together an invest a little time, energy and effort in a positive way rather than all the negative...
if you work for our criminal lying government city government or state government you are the problem

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Marlinton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Cortney Kyle/ Amick 43 min Lol 2
decent men in wss 52 min Too picky 13
B and e (Oct '14) 4 hr porcupine 12
Little League (Mar '12) 12 hr Amanda T White 4
rape Sun Doc Smith 1
Motor Inn bartender May 30 Social drinker 1
Poll Vote YES or NO To Have Norman Removed From The ... (Nov '12) May 30 on tha hill 114
More from around the web

Marlinton People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]