Children being abused
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Concerned

United States

#22 Jan 25, 2013
Well just got off the phone with the child abuse hotline, guess what...... they can not do anything. They say to call the local CPS. Ok done that too just to be told that they will check it out, BUT WHEN??????? I don't think anyone cares until the child gets hurt or killed...
3 posts removed
4TheChildren

Huntington, WV

#26 Jan 26, 2013
It appears Topix removes the article when posting the address and telephone numbers of elected officials. This time I will try posting without either as you can ascertain the information with a google search.

Original post without the contact information:

Concerned,

CPS, along with its affiliates in the 50 states, is undergoing investigative measures due to their failure in keeping the children safe. In one instance, Governor Haslam of Tennessee had to appoint a chief investigator to determine why their child services failed to maintain proper, or any documentation of cases in their jurisdiction which resulted in under reported deaths. It is a heated topic at this moment which is why I would refer to that case when making contact to your state officials.

That being said, I would encourage you to go to the next level if you cannot get any offices to investigate allegations of abuse. Write or call your governor and your senator, refer to the aforementioned case and assure them that you are ready to fight the fight. Let them know that you intend to go public if you do not get any results, via newspapers and/or television news/human interest stories. Be sure when you are speaking to anyone on behalf of child services you request a supervisor and document their name along with their identification number (if available).

Document what reply you receive from CPS and your elected officials as well as what, if anything, was said/done to rectify the situation. Ask your officials to assist you in obtaining services from a guardian ad litem and/or a child advocate to represent the children.

I know it can be exhausting and heartbreaking. I know it may feel as though you are being defeated at every level, but don't give up. All the children deserve a voice and by extension it is us who must speak for them.

Again I wish you the best of luck.
Concerned

Nitro, WV

#27 Jan 29, 2013
Thank you so much. We will sit down today & write to our Governor & Senators. We are so tired of not getting any help.
They tell us there is nothing we can do. Why? This child is in danger & there is nothing that can be done, really?
It amazes me that our system has failed so horribly. These kids do not have a chance in today's world. Even if they are taken from one parent & given to another, they usually end up giving them right back to the parent they took them from. Doesn't matter if they are doing drugs or whatever, they give them back.
We wonder why so many are getting by with doing drugs, selling their food stamps, & God knows what else? Well it is because we have a system that does not care about our children or grandchildren. Then, when we take matters into our own hands, we are the ones that are in trouble. How is this right? We wouldn't have to take it into our own hands if we had some help from officials that done their jobs instead of drawing a pay check to do nothing.
We are so aggravated & annoyed. Please pray for us. Thanks.
been there

Summersville, WV

#28 Jan 30, 2013
I'm sure that help is soon to be there for you and those children!!Everything will be alright!!
Prayers are always answered to those who have
Faith and Hope!! God bless you and these chilren!!!
Concerned

United States

#29 Feb 1, 2013
CPS has been there several times now. They say there is nothing going on there. WHY OF COURSE NOT WHEN THEY KNOW YOU ARE COMING.... DUH!!
We are just lost as to what to do. We don't want to give up, but I believe we have no choice.
been there

Summersville, WV

#30 Feb 1, 2013
Concerned wrote:
CPS has been there several times now. They say there is nothing going on there. WHY OF COURSE NOT WHEN THEY KNOW YOU ARE COMING.... DUH!!
We are just lost as to what to do. We don't want to give up, but I believe we have no choice.
ok...be patient i know for a fact help is coming, so be expecting someone,let us know ok?
keep the faith

Princeton, WV

#31 Feb 1, 2013
I was just wondering if the school staff has noticed anything? They are around the children also. When you have them for visits, tell them that they need to tell their teachers and principal EVERYTHING that goes on in that house. After they have done this and if nothing changes then they need to tell them again. If cps hears what is happening to them from the teachers or children then hopefully they will pay attention. CPS should know that the kids wont say anything around the ones that are abusing them, but if they talk to them at school it might be different.

My prayers are with you also. God will always help when we keep the faith and believe in him!!!!!!!!
4TheChildren

Huntington, WV

#32 Feb 1, 2013
Concerned,

I know you are lost, the system fails the children all too often. I know you do not want to give up, and you feel as though you have no choice, but you do! You have the choice to keep up that exhausting fight.

If there are illegal activities within the household, I would suggest parking (again within the safety of 100 feet or more) and recording the comings and goings. Once recorded, bring the evidence to the police. Case and point; the Supreme Court has upheld video recordings inside private residences to be admissible IF you are not trespassing to ascertain the footage. If they leave their curtains open, if they leave the door open, if they are doing illegal activities on or near the property it is legal to video those activities.

In example, a married couple could be engaging in marital activities with the bedroom curtain open. A passerby can then legally video tape the couple. The married couple can then be arrested for several different ordinances once the video tape has been secured. It sounds absolutely absurd but it is quite legal and has been upheld in many courts of law.

If you video tape persons entering and leaving the residence with police records or with any illegal substances, that video tape then becomes evidence. If you record the child/children being struck, that becomes evidence. It takes time to sit and watch, waiting for the aforementioned evidence or situations, but the end result will force the hands of those who allege to protect our children as well as the hands of law enforcement agencies.

I could tell you don't give up time and again, but ultimately you have to make an oath to yourself to push through it until action is taken. Yes they know when CPS is coming and they are able to maintain appearances of normalcy within the household, but when they are being taped from a distance with no foresight or forewarning, your concerns should surface and shed light on what is factually happening.

Best of luck to your family. Prayers have been going out for the children.
call me erased shocked
#33 Feb 24, 2013
getting ready to go through court system through something sort of similiar. people don't say anything because their scared .OR the ones doing the wrong are knarking the others out! Whats so poetic justice about that? Nothing....
ttt

Charleston, WV

#34 Apr 27, 2013
Concerned wrote:
What in the world is a parent or grandparent to do when they can not get the CPS or the law to try to get my child out of an unhealthy environment? The laws today are killing our kids in one way or another. A child is being abused, not physical, but mentally abused. How is that right? How is it right that you go to the ones, that are suppose to help you protect your children, and they tell you that if you take your child of that environment and do not take the child back, that you will be the one going to prison. You go & talk to the Family Law Master & he tells you that it is nearly impossible to find a parent unfit. You know things are being done in the said household, but you can not do anything nor can you prove it. Your heart breaks every time you have to take your child home & you sigh a huge sigh of relief when you pick the child up the next time you are suppose to see the child. You know that drugs are going on in the house, you know that there are child molesters going in the house, you know there are people in and out of there at all times. How do I get help? I am willing to listen to whomever has an idea. I truly am at the end of my nerves thinking that I have to take my child back to this place. It is heartbreaking & it is soul wrenching. Please, We NEED HELP!!!
why did you loose your chuldren in the first place could you tell us that
ttt

Charleston, WV

#35 Apr 27, 2013
Concerned wrote:
What in the world is a parent or grandparent to do when they can not get the CPS or the law to try to get my child out of an unhealthy environment? The laws today are killing our kids in one way or another. A child is being abused, not physical, but mentally abused. How is that right? How is it right that you go to the ones, that are suppose to help you protect your children, and they tell you that if you take your child of that environment and do not take the child back, that you will be the one going to prison. You go & talk to the Family Law Master & he tells you that it is nearly impossible to find a parent unfit. You know things are being done in the said household, but you can not do anything nor can you prove it. Your heart breaks every time you have to take your child home & you sigh a huge sigh of relief when you pick the child up the next time you are suppose to see the child. You know that drugs are going on in the house, you know that there are child molesters going in the house, you know there are people in and out of there at all times. How do I get help? I am willing to listen to whomever has an idea. I truly am at the end of my nerves thinking that I have to take my child back to this place. It is heartbreaking & it is soul wrenching. Please, We NEED HELP!!!
go ahead tell us why u lost your kids to start with
ttt

Charleston, WV

#36 Apr 27, 2013
thinking outside the bix wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe it's time to start thinking outside the box and placing things in the home to get them in trouble. Just be careful how you do it. If you're gonna plant things in the home make sure to wear gloves so you don't leave finger prints on whatever it may be your plaining. Your best bet would be to put drugs in the home when you're picking the kids up and them make a call to the cops about it, but make sure it's enough drugs to make it a felony.
planting evidence is not the answer .the could make someone mad enough to harm idiots like u
citizen

Tulsa, OK

#37 Apr 29, 2013
The kids have no hope, there parents are to busy out running the streets, or allowing there kids to do whatever they want to keep them out of there hair while they do what they want too. While a lot of parents are already involved, more need to be involved in there children's lives, sports, recreation, teaching them values an respect. Its sad so many parents abuse an mistreat there children an raise them that way so they resent the world when there older. Child abuse is a nvr ending issue such as domestic violence.. Its big thing everywhere this day in age unfortunately..
Sundog512

Charleston, WV

#38 Apr 29, 2013
citizen wrote:
The kids have no hope, there parents are to busy out running the streets, or allowing there kids to do whatever they want to keep them out of there hair while they do what they want too. While a lot of parents are already involved, more need to be involved in there children's lives, sports, recreation, teaching them values an respect. Its sad so many parents abuse an mistreat there children an raise them that way so they resent the world when there older. Child abuse is a nvr ending issue such as domestic violence.. Its big thing everywhere this day in age unfortunately..
if we did not have such a u8seles lying criminal government we the people would not have these problems
justme

Summersville, WV

#39 Jun 5, 2013
PRAYERS the answer
grammar man

Barboursville, WV

#40 Jun 5, 2013
Bring back the vigilanties. Purge the system.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Marlinton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
drexel is a child molester (Jun '16) 32 min Yes 44
Ronnie Scott 2 hr wss resident 7
Victoria Ray or victoria luke? 5 hr spicygirl79 1
closet case 14 hr cowentiret 18
Girl at the go-mart (Dec '16) 22 hr Former go mart girl 7
Shelby drennon owner of goat milk soap an etc (Jan '17) Wed Ur not God 14
William martin arested yesterday for assult an ... Wed Spabitch 2

Marlinton Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Marlinton Mortgages