Crestwood Motorcyclist Dies in Worth ...

Crestwood Motorcyclist Dies in Worth Accident

There are 921 comments on the WBBM-AM Chicago story from Aug 3, 2008, titled Crestwood Motorcyclist Dies in Worth Accident. In it, WBBM-AM Chicago reports that:

Keith Sus, 57, is dead after a motorcycle accident in Worth. Sus, of 5659 Midlothian Turnpike in Crestwood, had an accident at 117 S. Ridgeland Ave.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WBBM-AM Chicago.

Shut up Girlfriend

Orland Park, IL

#24 Sep 2, 2008
Regardless if they left a bar or not, They were of age and know their limits. They were not the cause of the accident, your D-Bag boyfriend was. Everyone does make mistakes and now it's time for him to pay for his. He will spend time in jail and he will be somebody elses bitch.
vida

Roselle, IL

#25 Sep 3, 2008
a helmut would not have saved Keith---he died of internal injuries--not head injuries--he fell off the car b4 it stopped moving........
It is what it is

Chicago, IL

#26 Sep 3, 2008
The more people post about this tragic accident is like adding salt to an open wound.Let it be, nothing good will come of this.People need to mourn and let it be.Both sides have loses.No matter what anyone sez will change anything.

A man died and a young man threw his life away do to a poor choice. The end!
Motorcycle hater

Chicago, IL

#27 Sep 3, 2008
Motorcyclists endanger the lives of not only themselves but of every other person on the road. They zip in and out of traffic in a hurry with little regard to anyone else. What chance does a driver in a car have if they hit a motorcycle? There is nothing to protect the motorcyclist, especially those who can't be bothered to wear a helmet. Perhaps if this Keith had been secured in a car with a seat belt he would still be alive. He and his girlfriend made the choice to ride on the bike without a helmet none the less, so what do you expect? Don't cry now. Drunk drivers should pay for their choice and obviously motorcyclists do too.
BeenThereDoneTha t

Chicago, IL

#32 Sep 4, 2008
Reply to Motorcycle hater;

Your opinion of bikers is obviously biased. There are many mature cyclists on the roads that take they’re sport/hobby very seriously and operate they’re bikes courteously and professionally.

Just as with automobiles, on a daily basis you can be sure that you will encounter at least one A**H*** who is driving dangerously and only thinking of themselves, endangering everyone around them be it due to mental instability or some other impairment.

The same applies to bikers, therefore, to lump all bikers into one category is not fair.

Regarding this particular incident, I have to agree with the other poster,“It is what it is”.

Unless you are in a position to personally help those involved in this tragic accident get over it and move on with your life rather than spread your negative and biased blather here.
Right on

Midlothian, IL

#33 Sep 4, 2008
It is equally unfair to lump all drunk drivers in one category as well.
Trucker Bob

Chicago, IL

#35 Sep 4, 2008
Right on wrote:
It is equally unfair to lump all drunk drivers in one category as well.
Umm,Why is it unfair,if they are all drunk and are driving then it's a crime, as in DUI.Just because not all drunk drivers have accidents it doesn't mean they are right, it wasn't there time.

Drinking and driving and driving drunk is a ticking time bomb.Sooner or later it will explode and it's usually an innocent person that dies because of it.
CareBear

Chicago, IL

#36 Sep 4, 2008
Riding Irene wrote:
For all the damage they do, drunk drivers should be mentioned in the same sentence as child molesters.
I agree, very well said!
Right on

Midlothian, IL

#38 Sep 5, 2008
Riding Irene wrote:
For all the damage they do, drunk drivers should be mentioned in the same sentence as child molesters.
You most be out of your god damn mind. You can not compare drunk driving to child molesters.
NOO

Midlothian, IL

#39 Sep 5, 2008
Riding Irene wrote:
How badly was the female rider hurt? Seems if the
male was killed then the female must have broken
several bones and had many lacerations etc. Is she still hospitalized? Hope she's alright.
The female rider was not that injured obviusously. I mean how could she be if she was seen in a bar a week after?
NOO

Midlothian, IL

#40 Sep 5, 2008
Shut up Girlfriend wrote:
Regardless if they left a bar or not, They were of age and know their limits. They were not the cause of the accident, your D-Bag boyfriend was. Everyone does make mistakes and now it's time for him to pay for his. He will spend time in jail and he will be somebody elses bitch.
What you mean REGARDLESS if they left a bar or not? Your saying because they were of age and know their limits that its okay to drink and drive? No, Cause I'm pretty sure its not. Accidents are accidents, their never meant to happen. He is not a D-Bag, just to let you know. And yeah everybody does make mistakes. No one is perfect.
NOO

Midlothian, IL

#41 Sep 5, 2008
vida wrote:
the is no helmut law in illinois...
Well obvisously they need to make that a law. It should actaully even be ilegel to ride a motorycle. Period. You obvisously knew what kind of danger you were getting into leaving that bar on a motorcycle with no helmet. Those things dont even have seat belts.
Playfield Resident

Mount Prospect, IL

#42 Sep 5, 2008
Mom wrote:
he is doing time vida, i am not arguing that, I am just saying that he is a very good person who made a big mistake and will pay for that mistake every day for the rest of his life. And no I do not have a boyfriend who goes to a bar on Cicero. I am the most anti alcohol person on this planet and my boyfriend does not drink, ever. And my family is only troubled by this tragedy. So you are confused with someone else. And I do hope that every parent is telling their children not to drink and drive. I am looking into who bought the alcohol and who let him drive. But you know what, what is done is done and you cant take it back as much as you would like. You can accept our deepest sympathies and apologies or not. God teaches forgiveness and I am working on this myself because anger gets you no where. God blesses those who learn to forgive.
That family has been trouble in Crestwood since the 1970's. A bunch of dunken drug addicts who caused nothing but problems from the grandparents to his father now him.
After this fool was in the accident about 27 hours later the police department along with the fire department were called to pick up his father who was drunk out of his mind by the NICOR building on 135th street. The apple did not fall far from the tree.

I know you remember mom you were there with the other kids.
Harley D

Chicago, IL

#43 Sep 5, 2008
NOO wrote:
<quoted text>
Well obvisously they need to make that a law. It should actaully even be ilegel to ride a motorycle. Period. You obvisously knew what kind of danger you were getting into leaving that bar on a motorcycle with no helmet. Those things dont even have seat belts.
Did your parents have any kids that lived? Metra trains don't have seat belts either, but they are allowed.School buses don't have seat belts but they still use em everyday.

The only danger was a drunken 20 year old who was driving a car with no lights on and hit a motorcycle with 2 people on it. Get your head out of your ass. Wally screwed up! And now his momma has to raise her kids all by herself.

Boo hoo about Wally, A man was killed. Now both family's are damaged because of Wally's mistake.
NOO

Midlothian, IL

#44 Sep 5, 2008
Harley D wrote:
<quoted text>Did your parents have any kids that lived? Metra trains don't have seat belts either, but they are allowed.School buses don't have seat belts but they still use em everyday.
The only danger was a drunken 20 year old who was driving a car with no lights on and hit a motorcycle with 2 people on it. Get your head out of your ass. Wally screwed up! And now his momma has to raise her kids all by herself.
Boo hoo about Wally, A man was killed. Now both family's are damaged because of Wally's mistake.
AND WHO ARE YOU TO TALK SHIT??
facts

Thornton, IL

#48 Sep 6, 2008
Crestwood man charged with DUI in Worth crash that killed Midlothian man
Tribune staff report
August 5, 2008
A Crestwood man has been charged with felony aggravated driving under the influence in connection with a weekend crash in Worth that killed a Midlothian man, authorities said.

Walter J. Kaleta, 20, was driving without headlights around 11:44 p.m. Saturday at 117th Street and Ridgeland Avenue when his vehicle collided with a motorcycle driven by Keith J. Sus, 57, of the 5600 block of Midlothian Turnpike, according to Worth police.

Sus was taken to Advocate Christ Medical Center in Oak Lawn, where he was pronounced dead at 12:08 a.m. Sunday, according to the Cook County medical examiner's office.

A passenger on the motorcycle was treated for a head wound and admitted for observation.

In addition, Kaleta has been charged with failure to reduce speed to avoid an accident, driving without headlights and improper lane usage, according to Worth police.
Isnt it funny

Schererville, IN

#50 Sep 9, 2008
You know what cracks me up is the fact that this kids girlfriend has the nerve to get on here and say shit to anyone. she is the one who got walter all upset that night according to his mom. and if thats the case then she is then one that made him feel the need to drink and drive. if walter is such a great person why were you going to break up with him??? and the people on the bike were of age and wheather they were in a bar or not makes no difference people can go to bars and not drink. in addition he hit them from behind and an ungodly speed of 70-80mph on a 35mph street. and he was driving without headlights at 1130 at night. so what they were doing before hand has not an ounce of relavance to the fact that he hit them. and yes mom mistakes happen but its not a mistake when you are 1.) underage drinking knowing that you shouldn't be and 2.) getting behind the wheel of a car after drinking. so not matter how "good" your kid may be there is no "mistake" about it. your kid deserves all he gets and then some. and i think it is funny that you keep denying the fact that your husband/boyfriend doesn't drink cause it looks like everyone else knows the reality of him being drunk out of his mind within hours of your son being locked up for a dui but you.
Steve M

Houston, TX

#51 Sep 9, 2008
To the Mom of this so called great kid.You say how Wally was such a good student and great son and you say he will have to live with this everyday of his life.But that's just it,he has more days in his life,my friend Keith who was just enjoying his well earned vacation doesn't have anymore days because you're dirtball son made the choice to find alcohol,drive 70 M.P.H.with no headlights on late at night and kill one of the greatest people i've ever met.You are feeling sorry for yourself,but we are feeling pain because of what your kid did.Oh, by the way are you still looking for whoever gave your son alcohol?Probably not!!!I hope your son goes to prison a long time and is someone's bitch!!!You wouldn't be so forgiving and calling this an accident if this happened to your precious little boy now would you?And to the Girlfriend,don't even get me started about you.You have no right to even comment about all this.God Bless Keith.He and Vida are the victims here not Wally!!!
Steve M

Houston, TX

#52 Sep 9, 2008
Riding Irene wrote:
What places/locations were all the involved
drinking at?
Was Playfield Resident (above) refering to Walter or Keith as crestwood "problems"?
Playfield was refering to The Kaletas as being the problems of Crestwood not Keith.This family is obviously true scum and the women they date are trailer trash!!!
Isnt it funny

Schererville, IN

#53 Sep 10, 2008
Steve M wrote:
To the Mom of this so called great kid.You say how Wally was such a good student and great son and you say he will have to live with this everyday of his life.But that's just it,he has more days in his life,my friend Keith who was just enjoying his well earned vacation doesn't have anymore days because you're dirtball son made the choice to find alcohol,drive 70 M.P.H.with no headlights on late at night and kill one of the greatest people i've ever met.You are feeling sorry for yourself,but we are feeling pain because of what your kid did.Oh, by the way are you still looking for whoever gave your son alcohol?Probably not!!!I hope your son goes to prison a long time and is someone's bitch!!!You wouldn't be so forgiving and calling this an accident if this happened to your precious little boy now would you?And to the Girlfriend,don't even get me started about you.You have no right to even comment about all this.God Bless Keith.He and Vida are the victims here not Wally!!!
i agree 100% Mom your kid will eventually get his life back even though he doesnt deserve it. but Keith won't and all the apologizes in the world can't change that. you can visit your kid in jail but all we have are memories of keith. Keith was a completely amazing man and is missed by so many people because of the wonderful person he was. and your son took that all away from us because he was selfish.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Markham Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Blue Island has our own nail color 40 min Command and Control 5
Kindly clarify.....you're "Anti-government"... 9 hr Im confused 2
JAWA water project (Jun '12) 16 hr 8 Million Plus 820
Fire Alarm Procedure 18 hr Command and Control 15
Blue Island Police need hires? 18 hr Command and Control 12
News Murder indictments from raid on Harvey police (Sep '07) Apr 11 George M 52
The fleecing of Markham, IL. Mar 26 Oxford dr 2

Markham Jobs

Personal Finance

Markham Mortgages