2.5 million owed to MSMC.

Posted in the Markham Forum

sad for blue island

Chicago, IL

#1 Mar 13, 2013
Case # 2013-L-00164 MSMC vs City of Blue Island

REFRENCE: Crains chicago. Article

2.5 million owed to msmc for payments owed from T.I.F.district created to save metrosouth Hosp.

I'M GLAD DONNIE RECEIVED his Raise. The new mayor has the power to reverse the raise. This should be made a priority for the incumbents.
R ya new

Orland Park, IL

#2 Mar 13, 2013
sad for blue island wrote:
2.5 million owed to msmc for payments owed from T.I.F.district created to save metrosouth Hosp.
I'M GLAD DONNIE RECEIVED his Raise. The new mayor has the power to reverse the raise. This should be made a priority for the incumbents.
Direct this to Mark Miller the TIF manager.
Thanks for Sharing

Chicago, IL

#3 Mar 13, 2013
This is the kind of information that must be addressed!
blue

Chicago, IL

#4 Mar 14, 2013
This lawsuit will be aimed at the council. The decision to breach the contract for non payment is the wrong approach. There was a clear deal that what made. Again, Blue Island finds itself in a losing situation. If this payment was not made,because of a breach made by msmc metro south. Then where is the money.Ask Fred Bilotto, or direct this question to his highly qualifed daughter.
A Voter

Blue Island, IL

#5 Mar 14, 2013
Why didn't Mayor Peloquin mention we owe Metro South this money at the March 12, 2013 council meeting? Another surprise for the taxpayers to pay up. Alderman Vargas is sure to cover the administration tracks once he is elected Mayor.
Predictable

United States

#6 Mar 14, 2013
This is the party that "tells us what we need to know when they feel we need to know it".

(All funds have been distributed and there are no reserves.)
Blue

Chicago, IL

#7 Mar 14, 2013
This payment was due Feb 1. The entire city council approved this agreement. The article states mayor
Peloquin" We think they owe us money". A few years ago city council passed a law to have businesses notify of the sale. I believe this is the position of the city. I can't wait to watch the circuit court of cook county help blue island council understand the unconstitutional value of there homemade laws are. BLUE ISLAND IS NOT HOME RULE. Blue Island debt is the highest city debt in the state.
ted

Blue Island, IL

#8 Mar 14, 2013
Blue wrote:
This payment was due Feb 1. The entire city council approved this agreement. The article states mayor
Peloquin" We think they owe us money". A few years ago city council passed a law to have businesses notify of the sale. I believe this is the position of the city. I can't wait to watch the circuit court of cook county help blue island council understand the unconstitutional value of there homemade laws are. BLUE ISLAND IS NOT HOME RULE. Blue Island debt is the highest city debt in the state.
The City of Blue Island is not home rule, but they sure act like they are. Blame the city Attorneys who permitted this nonsense to flourish in Blue Island. Some jail time is needed.
Unanswered Questions

Blue Island, IL

#9 Mar 15, 2013
Blue wrote:
Please. Attorney Alderman Domingo Vargas sat in silence. This gave the signal he is in favor of this! An Attorney knows better. He should be held at a higher standard, and held accountable. Where was Chairman of Finance Alderman Potaska on this? He sure did not speak up, to protect the taxpayer.
blue

San Jose, CA

#10 Mar 15, 2013
This action is going to be a big one. MSMC was given this deal by city council, designed by the mayor.The city does not have the money. The city did not have the money when he tried to save the hospital. THE TIFF district could not even support this type of financing. This is the same kind of TIFF district being created now. Funds can not be collected that are not paid.
Paid for by the Taxpayers

Chicago, IL

#11 Mar 15, 2013
To be clear, this 2.5 million dollar tax break will be paid for by the taxpayers.
no vote for Biloto s

Blue Island, IL

#12 Mar 23, 2013
This is another lawsuit Attorney Alderman Vargas is attempting to hide from from you the taxpayer!
Patriot

Blue Island, IL

#13 Mar 24, 2013
You couldn't make this stuff up if you tried! This sounds like it was a scheme from the very beginning. A 2.5 million dollar, well planned heist!!!
Hmm

Orland Park, IL

#14 Mar 24, 2013
Patriot wrote:
<quoted text>
You couldn't make this stuff up if you tried! This sounds like it was a scheme from the very beginning. A 2.5 million dollar, well planned heist!!!
when the feds come We shall all have a BEGGARS PIZZA PARTY!!!
the conflicts

Blue Island, IL

#15 Mar 25, 2013
Patriot wrote:
<quoted text>
Tomorrow night March 26, 2013 is the city council meeting. This question must be brought up.
Burt

Blue Island, IL

#16 Mar 30, 2014
They must be paid.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Markham Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Facebook Crusaders 57 min Work smart 28
Walgreens 2 hr Just Thinking 66
You're an old time Riverdale/Dolton resident if... (Nov '09) 2 hr Jean Griffard 897
When is the 2015 Public Appropriations Hearing 8 hr BIIP Gate 19
JAWA water project (Jun '12) 8 hr Keep the heat on 588
Should Midlothian seperate 16 hr Joestyle 5
jake stakas 16 hr black pat 1

Winter Storm Watch for Cook County was issued at January 30 at 10:37AM CST

Markham Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Markham People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]